Micro 639: Noughts and Crosses Blitz [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Because he also said some things that you did do. And I agree with them.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

which things do you agree with, and why
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 367, lane0168 wrote:I didn't ignore it. I just didn't think it was a good plan. The only person that plan benefits is scum guilty assuming mcmenno will vote for Joe first
also no, you need to explain this. My plan literally benefits all town, it's completely neutral of all players alive since it relies on the only person we know having pure intentions

If it were a Java/GL team then you would have lost as soon as you voted.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also lane

if McMenno picked java and java flipped scum, would you be saying the exact same thing about me? Would my alignment still be scum?

If not, then you can't say that I'm scum for wanting McMenno to have the final say in the lynch. Like, your argument has to assume java is a mislynch in order to say that I'm scum, and
of course
that's true (assuming that you are town) given that we're the final 3 players alive. You have to explain why my action is scummy regardless of java's alignment, otherwise you are just assuming the conclusion and dressing it up like an argument.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 377, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 367, lane0168 wrote:I didn't ignore it. I just didn't think it was a good plan. The only person that plan benefits is scum guilty assuming mcmenno will vote for Joe first
also no, you need to explain this. My plan literally benefits all town, it's completely neutral of all players alive since it relies on the only person we know having pure intentions

If it were a Java/GL team then you would have lost as soon as you voted.
No it doesn't. It only benefits scum. Your plan leaves a chance to hit town and give the scum the win. My way lynched obvious scum. It wasn't a Java GL team. There was basically no chance of that considering alpacas play and night 1 kill.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 379, lane0168 wrote:No it doesn't. It only benefits scum. Your plan leaves a chance to hit town and give the scum the win. My way lynched obvious scum. It wasn't a Java GL team. There was basically no chance of that considering alpacas play and night 1 kill.
AND TOMORROW WE HAVE A CHANCE TO HIT TOWN AND GIVE SCUM THE WIN

AND YOU STRICTLY INCREASED THAT CHANCE
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

like now we have to make the EXACT SAME DECISION

only WITHOUT a confirmed town
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 378, GuiltyLion wrote:also lane

if McMenno picked java and java flipped scum, would you be saying the exact same thing about me? Would my alignment still be scum?

If not, then you can't say that I'm scum for wanting McMenno to have the final say in the lynch. Like, your argument has to assume java is a mislynch in order to say that I'm scum, and
of course
that's true (assuming that you are town) given that we're the final 3 players alive. You have to explain why my action is scummy regardless of java's alignment, otherwise you are just assuming the conclusion and dressing it up like an argument.
No if Java was scum, then you'd be town.

My argument doesn't have to assume Java is a mislynch. My argument points out the fact that your plan gives an extremely high probability to hit town compared to just lynching alpaca. You wanted to take the chance to lose right here right now, instead of lynching one scum, and finishing tomorrow.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Yeah WE have to make the decision. Not one single person that apparently because they're confirmed town you think they are somehow better at finding scum. Who had already wanted to lynch Java joe which could've ended the game.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 381, GuiltyLion wrote:like now we have to make the EXACT SAME DECISION

only WITHOUT a confirmed town
Confirmed town doesn't mean shit of he was wrong
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 382, lane0168 wrote:My argument doesn't have to assume Java is a mislynch. My argument points out the fact that your plan gives an extremely high probability to hit town compared to just lynching alpaca. You wanted to take the chance to lose right here right now, instead of lynching one scum, and finishing tomorrow.
why is it an "extremely high probability to hit town" compared to the "extremely high probability to hit town" we have tomorrow? In fact you wanna talk probability, your way is CLEARLY worse, instead of 33% today and 50% tomorrow, you went with 33% today and 33% tomorrow.

If you assume alpaca is confscum then it's breakeven, 100% today and 33% tomorrow, vs 33% today and 100% tomorrow.

Stop spinning it like I was trying to "take a chance to lose". I was trying to generate as much content as possible and use the CONFTOWN PLAYER we have to reduce the risk as much as possible of autoloss.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 385, GuiltyLion wrote:In fact you wanna talk probability, your way is CLEARLY worse, instead of 33% today and 50% tomorrow, you went with 33% today and 33% tomorrow.
sorry this isn't exactly right, I assumed I was town in the first half and that we weren't lynching me.

From a completely neutral perspective it'd really be: 50% today and 50% tomorrow vs 50% today and 33% tomorrow. Yours is still worse
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

wait that's not right either, since I'm assuming we'd lynch between Lane/Java to keep McMenno alive, from neutral perspective it might not actually be 50%, it's only 50% from my perspective

STILL
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

you also haven't answered my question about what you liked about java's case
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also

instead of arguing about this with me BEFORE the vote and BEFORE the flip

you chose to do it now, after Alpaca/Cass is confscum

why? You had no comment on my post before the flip
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Post by lane0168 »

You should be more concerned with telling me why Joe is scum. Rather than what I liked about his case on you.

Pedit. My vote was what I thought about your plan. You're the one arguing that voting scum was the wrong play
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm MORE CONCERNED with you being scum and capitalizing on universal towncred and town!java having a wrong belief while also being mislynchable too
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

if java comes in here and starts gunning for you, you'll have to defend yourself against these charges
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by lane0168 »

So... Mcmenno votes Java twice. You come in and say let's let mcmenno decide. And I vote my partner just to make the game last another day? Is what you're considering.

I'm universally townread. I don't need more town cred. And I don't need to delay the game to get it when it was pretty obvious to me mcmenno was leaning towards voting Joe.
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Javajoe24 »

Whoa, this thread blew up while I was gone. I thought the day was over cause I saw the mod post after the lynch, but I guess not. Let me go catch up and post my thoughts.
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by Javajoe24 »

In post 393, lane0168 wrote:So... Mcmenno votes Java twice. You come in and say let's let mcmenno decide. And I vote my partner just to make the game last another day? Is what you're considering.

I'm universally townread. I don't need more town cred. And I don't need to delay the game to get it when it was pretty obvious to me mcmenno was leaning towards voting Joe.
This argument right here pretty much shows your town beyond a shadow of a doubt to me. There were some places that your posts rubbed me the wrong way, like post 360, but overall there is no question of your towniness. Which by POE leaves GL as scum. As to your rebuttals to my case on you, I have replies but do not have the time or energy to go over every one, that is something we can go over tomorrow. Suffice it to say you were right on some points and I was wrong on some, but there are still points I think hold true. Even if lane were not basically conf. town to me, you would be the scummiest one for your arguments about not wanting to lynch the scum player. He was the player that everyone in the game had a big scum read on, and it was pretty obvious that alpaca/cass was scum, so why wouldn't we lynch a virtually confirmed scum in lylo? I could see if you were only saying we shouldn't have quick hammered, because I can agree with that, but you are arguing that we should have lynched between me and lane. You are using math statistics to try and back up your argument instead of using logic and scum hunting ability. This is probably the scummiest thing you have done so far in my opinion.
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Javajoe24 »

On a side note, can someone tell me how to add a link to a post number that can take you to that post?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

K so java is scum
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Also use "[ post ] [/ post] " tags, with the post number between and no spaces
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Javajoe24 »

Thank you for that.

And from where you are standing of course your going to say I am scum. I have no comment to that.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”