Newbie 1734 - Happy (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1198, Zyf wrote:
In post 1195, Gamma Emerald wrote:Um...I've never seen Grendel as scum. However, he is a big time number cruncher, at least in the game we played together(though not really because I replaced in after he died). He actually gave me the idea to ask those two question I did earlier. So basically, this lines up with his past town play.
Fucking fantastic //sarcasm
Now i /really/ have scumreading issues
That wasn't sarcastic. I've only seen Grendel as town and independent on SM.Net games. I may check here if you need me to.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 1194, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 1187, Zyf wrote:Since i trust the claim, i /really/ don't like the fact that even
with the wagon diffused, interests changed
What's with this and the Gamma unvote reasoning either (people defended him therefore hes town), I've already pointed that out earlier.
Wagons vanishing and resistance is either bad or neutral since mafia have a partner who probably isn't going to bus d1. Now that you know this how does that affect your perspective?
It doesn't, much.
It might post-flip

I already explained (somewhere among my ~300 posts, totally understand if you missed it) that it was also partly due to coming back in more emotionally stable and recognizing that 4 people were telling me my reasons were shit
Not just that gamma was town, but my reasons didn't point towards scum, but rather more towards "noob!"

In terms of the diffusion, i'd like to assume it was because they trusted the claim and not that they gave up b/c of skold. I suppose i should just ask explicitly
Gally/gamma, why /did/ you unvote?
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

this account is ded now kthxbai
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 1200, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1198, Zyf wrote:
In post 1195, Gamma Emerald wrote:Um...I've never seen Grendel as scum. However, he is a big time number cruncher, at least in the game we played together(though not really because I replaced in after he died). He actually gave me the idea to ask those two question I did earlier. So basically, this lines up with his past town play.
That wasn't sarcastic. I've only seen Grendel as town and independent on SM.Net games. I may check here if you need me to.
I was thinking out loud about how i no longer have any direction to find scum
Because everyone has done things i like to consider make them STRONG TOWN!!!11!!

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1199, Zyf wrote:
In post 1197, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 1188, Raskolnikov wrote:But that's whether you decide to lynch someone or not.
You're putting him at the top of your readlist because of the claim? Did all your problems with him before just disappear?

Explain BBT and infinity read more.
To be fair as well, Zyf has been all about pushing things along this whole game, but not in the willy-nilly early-D1-Gamma kind of way, but in a different way.

I honestly don't know why I'm defending him at this point, I'm still completely null on him more or less. The fact our styles of play snd postings are so similar it kind of freaks me out but in a good way? So I guess I'm leaning subconciously town but my brains screaming to not be biased by my gut. Because my guts often lead me awry.

Hopefully this made some semblance of sense. Running on like 4 hours of sleep from last night and I'm just fumes at this point.
If you changed all the zyfs to gally and vice versa this statement would pretty well summarize my read on gally
Except that it kinda freaks me out in a bad way
Hmm.
What if Gally and Zyf are Mafia and are trying to avoid suspicion that could arise from one dying by staying completely neutral on each other? Really pulling this one out of my ass though.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In fact all of your townreads are on like purely theoretical technical things which is so weird.

Gamma and infinity on wagon diffusion, infinity again and skold via claim. Skold before the claim for the same reasons as everyone else but taken further (and angry at the early wagon on him).
I don't know how your read on me even evolved; you treated me as town while bringing up "ooh gut suspicion scary" but your actions to me directly have been more or less treating me as town the whole game.

Most people when they townread people actually see something genuine within them and feel a little bit of trust towards them. At least once even if some of the others are on technical bs. I don't think you have had a natural townread on like anyone.

And again your scumreads are more having problems with what people say and criticising them than like you actually like weighing them. I can't follow your scumreads on infinity or bbt AT ALL and lil was really stretching, I straight up forgot what gally was. Gamma was so plausible because he had so much surface level mistakes but everything else.
deranged and incoherent
?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1202, Zyf wrote:
In post 1200, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1198, Zyf wrote:
I was thinking out loud about how i no longer have any direction to find scum
Because everyone has done things i like to consider make them STRONG TOWN!!!11!!
<NBAcommercialmusic> Day 1. Where batshit insane logic and unfounded hyper-delusion happens! </NBAcommercialmusic>
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Zyf »

Possible. Anything is.
However, i don't null or scumread gally, btw. He's town for townslips

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 1005, Zyf wrote:
In post 987, Infinity 324 wrote:The case on me is really weak, it's based on some early game posts that could be scum-motivated, but could also easily be (and are) town-motivated. You guys are sheeping scum who hasn't even caught up with the thread.
there's more shit than just early-game posting

i'll consider him scum immediately upon your improbable flip as town

you're being pretty soft for someone who's at L-1 and is town.
and at the same time refusing to claim
What was this zyf? What were all the problems you had with him that left when he claimed?

Nice setting BBT up for suspicion if inf flips town too btw. You have cast shade at every single person this game at various points regardless of your read you had on them.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Hey handing out townreads for technical reasons like you do for everyone is OKAY... when you have scumreads. If you're actually in the position of "I was thinking out loud about how i no longer have any direction to find scum" what you do is start to second guess and doubt some of the weaker things.
deranged and incoherent
?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1206, Zyf wrote:Possible. Anything is.
However, i don't null or scumread gally, btw. He's town for townslips
As are you, Gamma. Second time I've had to remind you of this...

Remember?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

You read like comfortable and nonchalant in how you act while your actual position if you're town (based on what your saying) you SHOULDN'T be.
deranged and incoherent
?
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 1207, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 1005, Zyf wrote:
In post 987, Infinity 324 wrote:The case on me is really weak, it's based on some early game posts that could be scum-motivated, but could also easily be (and are) town-motivated. You guys are sheeping scum who hasn't even caught up with the thread.
there's more shit than just early-game posting

i'll consider him scum immediately upon your improbable flip as town

you're being pretty soft for someone who's at L-1 and is town.
and at the same time refusing to claim
What was this zyf? What were all the problems you had with him that left when he claimed?

Nice setting BBT up for suspicion if inf flips town too btw. You have cast shade at every single person this game at various points regardless of your read you had on them.
I mean, considering that i consider infi basically flipped town, it kinda follows?

It's almost like the sole reason you townread me early was for being stubborn as shit
But y'see, i need a flip right now
Preferably on scum
Because
You know what, there's nothing more i can say
I've been as candid as i can about my thought process
And the reality is that the probabilty that someone with a stream of consciousness high-post level playstyle is markedly more likely to do things that can be misconstrued as scummy than someone who posts less than that.

Scumread me, if you wish.
There's nothing else i can do at this point, because i'm sure 100 of my posts can be read as scummy

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 1210, Raskolnikov wrote:You read like comfortable and nonchalant in how you act while your actual position if you're town (based on what your saying) you SHOULDN'T be.
There's nothing more i can do.
I've been transparent.

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 1006, Zyf wrote:
In post 1004, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I like you Skold.
noted for tomorrow if somehow infi flips town
because this is a sudden read change.
BBT answered this and you retracted but COME ON.
You don't believe in a wagon if you're saying out loud all of the things that should happen with the opposite flip.
deranged and incoherent
?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1210, Raskolnikov wrote:You read like comfortable and nonchalant in how you act while your actual position if you're town (based on what your saying) you SHOULDN'T be.
I mean, it is Day 1, right? Didn't you say not too long ago you were also mentally overwhelmed and weren't sure where to go next?

Pretty fast turnaround. Second wind?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Quick question: Did you conpletely read through everything you'd missed earlier or did you skim a bit? It's okay if you skimmed. We've all done it.

Because Zyf was nothing remotely close to calm and non chalant for like... The first half of Day 1.
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 1208, Raskolnikov wrote:Hey handing out townreads for technical reasons like you do for everyone is OKAY... when you have scumreads. If you're actually in the position of "I was thinking out loud about how i no longer have any direction to find scum" what you do is start to second guess and doubt some of the weaker things.
That's the thing
I don't consider any of them weak
Why do you /THINK/ i want a fucking FLIP so bad?
I'm tired of repeating myself.
If you don't want to believe me, don't.

But don't be a hypocrite either, because i seem to recall a certain group of people feeling like i do now earlier in the day.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 1215, Gallynukes wrote:
Quick question: Did you conpletely read through everything you'd missed earlier or did you skim a bit? It's okay if you skimmed. We've all done it.

Because Zyf was nothing remotely close to calm and non chalant for like... The first half of Day 1.
Pls stop defending me it looks bad
Kthanks

The fact i was so aggro earlier on is WHY rask handed me a townread
Now that it's "gone" i'm scummy

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Okay if you want to cooperate.

1. Why were you scumreading infinity? You said it was on "he was buddying me like rask did" but how he treated you differently from how I did earlygame I don't see.
2. What's your full read on BBT?
deranged and incoherent
?
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 1213, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 1006, Zyf wrote:
In post 1004, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I like you Skold.
noted for tomorrow if somehow infi flips town
because this is a sudden read change.
BBT answered this and you retracted but COME ON.
You don't believe in a wagon if you're saying out loud all of the things that should happen with the opposite flip.
Idk if you know this but i developed a philosophy that if it doesn't involve gsme theory i should be fully transparent with my notes on people's posts

Like it's not that complicated, i brought up gladiation which should CLEARLY indicate that i thougt at least one of them was scum
I just wasn't sure which
And bbt was a lot more convincing than infi

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Even right now you're like maintaining a strong townread on me while at the same time saying how bad it is I scumread you now when I townread you earlier.
deranged and incoherent
?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1217, Zyf wrote:
In post 1215, Gallynukes wrote:

Pls stop defending me it looks bad
Kthanks

The fact i was so aggro earlier on is WHY rask handed me a townread
Now that it's "gone" i'm scummy
Big reason I'm defending you is due to Rask coming in today like a tornado despite being calm and nonchalant for the early part of Day 1.

That plus he just said like an hour or so ago all this was overwhelming then BAM he's on you like white on rice.

But hey, suit yourself. :shrug:
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

zyf reminds me of town!inspectorscout

Reads don't seem to make much sense on the surface, but the emotion and tone are genuine
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I'd argue they don't make sense beyond the surface either.

Also whenever I saw his name then
deranged and incoherent
?
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 1218, Raskolnikov wrote:Okay if you want to cooperate.

1. Why were you scumreading infinity? You said it was on "he was buddying me like rask did" but how he treated you differently from how I did earlygame I don't see.
2. What's your full read on BBT?
Jeebis i swear i answered these
1) because we weren't really alone in our discussion
And it wasn't an unproductive bonding experiece between you and me; it was you furiously trying to explain to me that i was being stupid in my sr on gamma
2) Scum by PoE + excessive unproductive post/diffusion pushing followed by an apparent complete lack of indication of catch-up following the claim

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”