Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:35 am

Post by cicero »

Nope. I don't like this opening foray one little bit. Not even a little. Ima gotta do some thinkin' 'bout you and your predecessor now.

Welcome to the game though. Thanks for subbing in.

Mod Edit

Vote Count

HackerHuck- 1 (Toaster Strudel)
pwayne66- 1 (Skruffs)
somestrangeflea- 1 (cicero)
White- 1 (HackerHuck)

Not Voting- 5 (ChocolateAttack, pwayne66, shaka!!, somestrangeflea, theopor_COD)

5 to lynch
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:41 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Welcome TS! and Please stay Shaka. Nobody has a clue what the hell is going on here so you are not alone. Now, onto business:
skruffs wrote:Pwayne - what is the reasoning behind your defense of cicero throughout day one and so on?
You'll have to be more specific... I've explained my defense of Cicero so you either need to elaborate your question or quit being deliberately obtuse.
skruffs wrote:I mean, why are you pushing so hard for 'proof' of cicero -
The answer here doesn't require a PhD. We need proof prior to lynching to avoid a mislynch. Why do you want us to lynch without proof? ...is a more compelling question.
skruffs wrote:why aren't you even considering it? Your last post "Looking for compelling reasoning" tells me you have no interest in looking at cicero
I'm not sure asking you what makes you think that he is scummy means that I am not considering him. I know that you have an aversion to answering questions, but please- what makes you think that I am not considering him? I haven't said that I don't think he is scum. And why, instead of defending your position, do you vote for the person that asked you to? Are you trying to bully me into believing that I am scum with Cicero? That's weird... Why not ask everybody else why they don't think so?
skruffs wrote:- that you want to be told how and why he is scummy, that you have, again, cleared him. Why?
Your the one with the raging hard on over a pwayne/cicero scumpair. I think that means it is your responsibility to prove it, b/c I don't see it. You haven't, you can't, and now you refuse to so instead of trying, you vote for me.

And BTW, how does me saying that I doubt Cicero and SSF are scum together mean that I cleared him? Clearly I have said that I can see either Cicero as scum or SSF as scum.

If you have a case, lay it out. Tell you what... I'll do it for you:

1) Gorgon was nice to pwayne
2) Scum tend to be nice to each other
3) Gorgon is scum
therefore pwayne and gorgon are scum together

and then:

4) Cicero and pwayne are nice to each other
5) scum tend to be nice to each other
6) pwayne is scum
therefore cicero is scum

Is this your case?
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Actually, pwayne, in my experience, the scum is vicious with each other, especially on Day 1. They might want to throw in a townie or two to mix things up, but generally they hit the ground with distancing.

If they are not vicious; they tend to protect each other only mildly, and mixed in with some accusations.

They rarely buddy up.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by cicero »

Toaster Strudel wrote:Actually, pwayne, in my experience, the scum is vicious with each other, especially on Day 1. They might want to throw in a townie or two to mix things up, but generally they hit the ground with distancing.

If they are not vicious; they tend to protect each other only mildly, and mixed in with some accusations.

They rarely buddy up.
Yes. We know. Someone tell Skruffs. :p
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Toaster Strudel wrote:HackerHuck and Skruffs don't look too good. But Gorgon actually VOTED for hackerHuck (Kakeng) so that's the biggest evidence of distancing.

vote: HackerHuck
I find this very interesting. (If you've done a reread you'll notice that I have been pushing strongly for a BM/Kakeng lynch). What do you think of page 33 post 806?
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:22 pm

shaka!! wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:HackerHuck and Skruffs don't look too good. But Gorgon actually VOTED for hackerHuck (Kakeng) so that's the biggest evidence of distancing.

I find this very interesting. (If you've done a reread you'll notice that I have been pushing strongly for a BM/Kakeng lynch). What do you think of page 33 post 806?
Different methods, same conclusion. Dare to vote.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:39 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Oh Cicero, I forgot to mention. That case I was building up on you earlier (I believe it was when I was working, that would be just over a month ago. Wow this is a long game.), I threw that idea out the window because it solely relied on you and BM as scum buddies. Unless we have three mafia today.. Actually wait, how many mafia are in a mini normal game? Is that up to the mod? I think I can recall a game with 3, but given our circumstances of the SK and Vig I think it's unlikely that we have 3 mafia. Anyway, yeah that relied on a BM - Cicero mafia team, and with Gorgon coming up (unexpectedly) scum, I gave up on the case.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:23 pm

Post by ChocolateAttack »

No offense but Skruff seem newb. His logic always weak and i have the feeling that he more newb than scum.

I will reread HackerHuck, and Theo tomorrow. It late now, i just got of from work, too tire to do anything major reading now. Night night guys!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:29 am

Post by cicero »

ChocolateAttack wrote:No offense but Skruff seem newb. His logic always weak and i have the feeling that he more newb than scum.

I will reread HackerHuck, and Theo tomorrow. It late now, i just got of from work, too tire to do anything major reading now. Night night guys!
Skruffs is about as far from a newb as you can get. He's a moderator on the site with a 2005 join date.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:22 am

cicero wrote:Skruffs is about as far from a newb as you can get. He's a moderator on the site with a 2005 join date.
But more importantly, where's your vote for HackerHuck? We need some momentum.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:37 am

Post by shaka!! »

Yes I agree, I've been more than contempt with lynching HH since BM.

HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:41 am

Post by HackerHuck »

I am getting a weird vibe from Skruffs' play this game as well, but yes he's far from a newb.

I would really appreciate it if Toaster Strudel would be so kind as to explain which classic scum tell that I am accused of.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:48 pm

HackerHuck wrote:I am getting a weird vibe from Skruffs' play this game as well, but yes he's far from a newb.

I would really appreciate it if Toaster Strudel would be so kind as to explain which classic scum tell that I am accused of.
He voted you because Gorgon voted you. Post 898
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:30 pm

I went back and reread all HackerHuck predecessors, there nothing overly strange about them except they all bail out without reason or with a reason (BM) but he never said his reason was. Oh something to note here, BM pull off a ridiculous vote on Cicero for his weak defensive against BW. I don't know how he saw that as obvious scum.

Theo, on his early post, he suspected Gorgon but he made it like he never said it.
theopor_COD wrote:Gorgon - This guy worries me in several games, I think he's a good player, but is he posting loads to confuse us all, hmm maybe.
I took this from his scumdar and i kinda feel uneasy about this. He said that Gorgon worries him but he a good player, he confusing but it just maybe. So what was he trying to said about Gorgon, scum or not scum?
On the other hand, Gorgon commented him as a good player and they never touch on each other, a very smart distancing.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:30 pm

Post by cicero »

CA wrote: I took this from his scumdar and i kinda feel uneasy about this. He said that Gorgon worries him but he a good player, he confusing but it just maybe. So what was he trying to said about Gorgon, scum or not scum?
On the other hand, Gorgon commented him as a good player and they never touch on each other, a very smart distancing.
I agree. I've been bugged by the "Theopor" factor for some time now. But dont know what to do about it.

As for the Hackerhuck wagon going on: Make a case because at the moment I'm warming more to the Toaster Strudel wagon. That entry into the game was the least amount of effort I've ever seen and involved a huge accidental "whoopsie". We could do way worse.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:49 am

In addition to HH, I'd like to see a theo lynch.

But if you want to bandwagon me instead of either of these two far better candidates, be my guest. I'm a vanilla townie, so you if you're going to lynch a townie, it might as well be me. It's better than going after a player that might be a power role. Do I have a defense? No. If you want to eliminate me, I will offer no resistance.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:57 am

Post by cicero »

Toaster Strudel wrote:In addition to HH, I'd like to see a theo lynch.

But if you want to bandwagon me instead of either of these two far better candidates, be my guest. I'm a vanilla townie, so you if you're going to lynch a townie, it might as well be me. It's better than going after a player that might be a power role. Do I have a defense? No. If you want to eliminate me, I will offer no resistance.
What I'd like to see is a case supporting your opinions. Right now they look thrown together at random. If you are townie and are lynched at some point it will be because of your bad play. And this town doesn't need anymore of that crap.

It is the duty of townies to offer resistance to their own bandwagons. You need to help us lynch the right person and avoid lynching the wrong person.

If you came in to this game to get yourself lynched so you could get out quick, do us all a favor and tell JordanA you don't really want to play and that he needs to find yet another replacement.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:20 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

What's with the unrequested (and useless) claim? That sounds like a classic appeal to emotion...
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:21 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Sorry for the double post, but Toaster Strudel still didn't answer my question.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:24 am

cicero wrote:It is the duty of townies to offer resistance to their own bandwagons.
If you're vanilla it's usually a lost cause. Resistance is useless and I don't waste my time, I've learnt that over the years. And when I am vanilla, I would rather be the lynch, than lose us the cop, the doctor, etc. Then after I die the town can see who pushed for my lynch. And as people push for my lynch, I remain on the attack, so that the town can clearly see who might have more reasons to lynch me. That's my vanilla strategy and I won't change it.
cicero wrote:You need to help us lynch the right person and avoid lynching the wrong person.
Hey, that's all I am doing here. My gut reaction to HH's latest is "scum." Vote stays.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:37 am

Post by pwayne66 »

TS wrote:Then after I die the town can see who pushed for my lynch. And as people push for my lynch, I remain on the attack, so that the town can clearly see who might have more reasons to lynch me. That's my vanilla strategy and I won't change it.
This works if say, townies don't have a good reason to suspect you. Thing is, if you get lynched for pushing a lynch with crappy or no logic, and turn up vanilla, we have another quandary... deciding whether those on your wagon were scum, or just townies reacting as townies ought to respond to a scummy move. Your logic here fails. We learn nothing from your lynch.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:19 am

Post by cicero »

Jesus cripes.

unvote. vote toaster strudel

It's cicero's own private hell.

Toaster strudel, please make a good case against hackerhuck and start playing.

Mod: And Theo?

Absolutely nothing on him atm, which is very frustrating, since I'd hate to modkill.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:39 am

Post by Skruffs »

Pwayne: what are you trying to accompolish? You seem to be ignoring the case I have made and using the 'gorgon, pwayne, and cicero never directly talked to each other' part of it. What's odd to suggest about that? How do you normally act as scum towards scumbuddies?

Cicero- you don't want shaka to ask for a replacement, but you (half-jokingly) want him modkilled? Why would you suggest eliminating 4 people at once, potentially putting town in an unwinnable situation: 2 mafia and 1 sk w/ no power roles?
Fos. Also - who else would you say is "def town" like gorgon was? If you're not going to posit who think is scum and instead just death death death, at least say who you think isn't scum.

Ts: the remaining scum? Do you mean other than yourself? Also, nice to play with you again :)

Mod- I would say no modkills please.

My scumlist: pwayne, cicero, hacker huck

Less scummy:
Choc.att., ts, shaka

Not on the scumdar:
Theopor, skruffs

My feeling is that it is likely a 3 person scumgroup.
I don't see how a vig would affect it's size
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:49 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Skruffs wrote:You seem to be ignoring the case I have made and using the 'gorgon, pwayne, and cicero never directly talked to each other' part of it.
Wha what? Are you going to present your case or are you going to keep insisting that I am scummy for not understanding what you are saying and ignoring everything I said? This is getting old. If you have questions ask them. If you want me to defend myself, present a case. If you are just in need of attention, you will have to shift gears because I am the only one that is giving it to you... and that is about to change.

Now I presented a case that I think that you are trying to make. Is this, or is this not your position?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:02 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote: Cicero- you don't want shaka to ask for a replacement, but you (half-jokingly) want him modkilled? Why would you suggest eliminating 4 people at once, potentially putting town in an unwinnable situation: 2 mafia and 1 sk w/ no power roles?
Why do you pretend not to be able to read for context? I want people here that want to be here ideally, however, I begged Shaka not to replace and clearly didnt mean it about getting him modkilled. I was making an obvious point about the frustrating situation here. It's hard to play with someone who plays stupid all the time in furtherance of a narrow minded agenda.
skruffs wrote: Also - who else would you say is "def town" like gorgon was? If you're not going to posit who think is scum and instead just death death death, at least say who you think isn't scum.
I no longer think anyone is definitely town. Gorgon cured me of that affliction. Scum could be anyone in this game. As evidenced by the fact that we can't agree on a wagon.
Skruffs wrote: My scumlist: pwayne, cicero, hacker huck

Less scummy:
Choc.att., ts, shaka

Not on the scumdar:
Theopor, skruffs
Nice list. First - Somestrangeflea isn't on it. You are going out of your way not to talk about him I think. I hardly think you can have missed that while I am your pet scum, he is mine. Where does he fit in your list?

Theopor is not on your scumdar because he's barely played - obviously not because you are clearing him, right??

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”