Newbie 1737 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:19 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Hi everyone, nice to meet ya all
VOTE: SkiddishRaddish for having an awesome name
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Welll it has been 3 years or more since I played my last mafia game (In other sites) I don't know how much my playstyle have changed, but I played lots lots of live mafia (The one that takes only 30 minutes) In live mafia I was very active. I didn't play a lot of non-live mafia games, so I'm not used to the boring beginning of day 1.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:08 am

Post by nmego12345 »

EBWODP: I think I will be a good scumhunter after RVS provided I have no real life stuff coming in the way.
My timezone is GMT +2
Also, @Galagya I want you to answer the question
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:04 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Whoa 2 Pages in 2 Days!! That's awesome
Keep up the activity everyone

Just a few noteworthy posts in the first page (Then i'll get to the second one)

In post 14, Galagya wrote:So everyone but platinum has a RV set, & that hasn't done anything yet. HMM. Wow, first days really are slow.

Wondering if platinum_fleece is just busy or gonna be replaced out. Of course, I'm just impatient & eager, so.

So we have RV going on, but I think discounting RQ completely(while understandably a go-to for some) may not be the ideal approach, either, so long as the questions aren't too vague/unrelated & can be ultimately used to help get the job done. That being said, here's a question for anyone curious, & I'll answer as well if people think it's worth the time: How would you describe your own personality/default disposition, & what we should expect from you in terms of your content(scumhunting or otherwise)?
Getting town vibes

In post 21, platinum_fleece wrote: VOTE: kuror0

Starting a wagon early, now, are we?
Serious vote?
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:20 am

Post by nmego12345 »

In post 27, SkiddishRaddish wrote: @nmego12345
I find your answer to Galagya's question a nonanswer. I know they were long ago and a short time period of play, but they only descriptor you give is that you were active, which is to be expected of a mafia game that's only 30 minutes long. Can you give us something more? Picture your style as a detective if you can't think of anything.

Well you're right. I'll try playing detective

Ok first of all
In each long mafia game I've played something of the following has happened
1. I quited because of real life issues
2. I got nightkilled in night 1 (One game and It was my first ever ever mafia game from 5 or so years)

Only one mafia game I lasted more than one day and It was rather fast like only 2 weeks.

I think:
1. I tend to study EACH post
2. I tend to be active (Except if life issues got in the way)

That's It I guess.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:34 am

Post by nmego12345 »

In post 26, kuror0 wrote:
In post 21, platinum_fleece wrote:
VOTE: kuror0

Why not?
and aren't you doing the same?
@Kuror0, Platinum isn't starting a wagon, care to explain the bolded part?

@goodmorning, More posts from you would be nice. Everybody seems to be very NULL for me except for Galagya which is 1% town and 99% null.

@Oacenth, Can you please post more?

@platinum_fleece, I wasasking if you're out of RVS yet, I don't know about kuror0. He's a big huge null to me. What do you think about other players?
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:39 am

Post by nmego12345 »

In post 49, goodmorning wrote: 3.5 TR/2 SR now!
Well I don't understand this.

There is no player whose name begins with T for that matter.

I'm confused.....
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:53 am

Post by nmego12345 »

I think there is only one other part of goodmorning's post that isn't necessarily IC-related
@goodmorning hi. have we played before? Last time I played mafia was ages ago so i don't remember too many things and players. but your name does sound familiar.
You were in my very first Newbie scumgame.

(Recent terminology change: people have begun using 'NAI' instead of 'Not Alignment-Indicative'.)
I wonder why did goodmorning say
(Recent terminology change: people have begun using 'NAI' instead of 'Not Alignment-Indicative'.)
I mean it doesn't fit as a reply to korur0 post, the more I think about it, I feel it's out of place

But 99.9999% It doesn't mean anything and I'm just the paranoid'est one ever
Not to mention it should be one BIG HINT

Let's hunt the only other part for the hint
I (surprisingly) have 2 townreads and 2 scumreads so far. There's not a whole lot of clues to them in my posts yet because I've mostly ICposted, but if anyone would like to guess who they are and why I read them the way I do, I might be convinced to talk a little more about them. Multiple guessers are encouraged!
First of all, goodmorning has 2 townreads and 2 scumreads, so anyone who hasn't posted enough before goodmorning's post would be null, anyone who hasn't posted anything scumm wouldn't be a scumread and anyone who hasn't posted anything pro-town wouldn't be a townread
So by process of elimination we should get someone, but I'm too lazy to do that right now
There's not a whole lot of clues in other posts

Does that imply that goodmorning had these reads before posting that post?

Let's see the remaining of the post
but if anyone would like to guess who they are and why I read them the way I do, I might be convinced to talk a little more about them. Multiple guessers are encouraged!
My mind was going to explode analyzing this part, I'll take it easy and say that there isn't there any hint there, It would be very nice if anyone else had analyzed this post.

Post edit: 3.5 townreads and 2 scumreads? I think i'm on to something, but I wanna get ahead with this post first.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:14 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Quick note before I catchup:

I think gm guesses are:

Scums: kuror0 and Oacneth

Towns: galagya, me and platinum
I think the fourth townread could be Lmkguy or SkiddishRaddish, but i'm leaning Lmkguy for now

now time for some page 3 montage.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:45 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Oacenth wrote:Hey sorry for not posting guys, I havent really got any ideas on any reads yet, so Im unsure on what to post.
Also, if anyone has any questions for me go ahead.
Oacenth, what do you think of kuror0 and goodmorning alignment?
That should be a good starting point for you
Also what do you think of the others? reread the posts and if you find anything interesting (even if it was 0.001% interesting) then post it

nmego12345 wrote:Whoa 2 Pages in 2 Days!! That's awesome
Keep up the activity everyone

Just a few noteworthy posts in the first page (Then i'll get to the second one)

In post 14, Galagya wrote:Some post by galagya
Getting town vibes

Why? Anything without an explanation is useless. You dont want to be like me.

In post 21, platinum_fleece wrote: VOTE: kuror0

Serious vote?
Didnt he already explain it? 2 posts ago? he did
Quoting you was a little pain
Yes I know he already explained it, but I posted that post before reading all of the posts well, I usually read each couple of posts thoroughly, reply to them, then move on to the next posts. By that way, I'm refreshing my mind after each reply.

Why I was getting town vibes from Gala?

First of all I was reading him 99% Null and 1% Town, so it isn't a strong read or anything.
Second It was more of a guts feeling than anything, he sounded eager to get the activity going, his post sounded townie to me. But that was a weak guts feeling.

My reads might be a little outdated, so I really want to gather up each player's posts and analyze them, but I don't have so much time IRL, but I'll be sure to do that ASAP

You were telling me to scumhunt > find goodmorning's reads, you're right, but at that time I was pretty null on everyone and goodmorning had 4 reads already, so It looked like there's something I'm missing somehow.
SkiddishRaddish wrote:I'll have a proper post up in a moment
yippie :D

Goodmorning I need confirmation on something
You're saying you got 2 scumreads right? Let's call them A and B
Do you mean by that that you think that 50% A and B are scum partners though
or 50% A is a scum and 50% B is a scum.

I caught up to post 70, I didn't read thoroughly any of the other posts which are greater than or equal than 70
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:55 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Caught up everyone, I think I will review each one's posts and review all of them for the time being, Lmk really needs to post more.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Let's begin with the easiest, Lmkguy:
He only posted 4 posts
His first 2 posts were just a random vote and pointing out multi-quotes.

In post 31, LmkGuy wrote:
In post 14, Galagya wrote:So everyone but platinum has a RV set, & that hasn't done anything yet. HMM. Wow, first days really are slow.

Wondering if platinum_fleece is just busy or gonna be replaced out. Of course, I'm just impatient & eager, so.

So we have RV going on, but I think discounting RQ completely(while understandably a go-to for some) may not be the ideal approach, either, so long as the questions aren't too vague/unrelated & can be ultimately used to help get the job done. That being said, here's a question for anyone curious, & I'll answer as well if people think it's worth the time: How would you describe your own personality/default disposition, & what we should expect from you in terms of your content(scumhunting or otherwise)?
VOTE: Galagya

Feel like this post is you setting yourself up to defend yourself based on 'meta' and find ways to start a wagon on other people later on.

Could just be you trying to drum up discussion too which is good, so consider this more of a RV than anything.

My answer to your question will be seen as this thread develops.
Why you don't answer gala's question now? Is your playstyle inactive and didn't want to admit it? Or was it just some RL issues? Speak up!
How much do you think Gala is a mafia?

So that's a review of his posts, He has a fourth post saying that Galagya's response to his own question was scummy (He asks clarifying questions and jump on wagons)
But I couldn't figure out what to make of it. It could go both ways I guess, except it's only a bit more scummy like y'know 49.99999999% town and 50.00000001% scummy

Lmk's inactivity looks a little scummy as well, I don't know by how much. I could vote for him right now but I want to finish up my list of reads first.

So to recap, lmk looks null-leaning-scum for his inactivity

I know what's coming is a little out of place, but I don't want to forget it

@Goodmorning Is scumreading people based on their answer to "What's your playstyle" A viable thing to do in mafia?

@Galagya you said here:
here's a question for anyone curious, & I'll answer as well if people think it's worth the time
Why didn't you answer your own question at that time? I mean you've asked the question right? Because you think that people's answers would be helpful right? So I guess your answer would be helpful too to us. Why did I had to ask you for you to answer?

More to come.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:31 am

Post by nmego12345 »

SkiddishRaddish is next she has 5 posts

Her first and third posts were just a random vote and asking how to do multi-quotes, sounds familiar to lmkguy lol

In post 27, SkiddishRaddish wrote:@kuror0
I don't really see platinum_fleece's vote on you as starting a wagon when he implies that you have an ulterior motive for voting third, whereas there seems to be little evidence for a third vote on Oacenth (as far as I can see, all she's done was to say to not expect much text from her when scumhunting and waiting to see what other people will say which is behavior I find more mafia-aligned than not), yet you're claiming that it's a victory wagon? It's not equivalent.

@nmego12345
I find your answer to Galagya's question a nonanswer. I know they were long ago and a short time period of play, but they only descriptor you give is that you were active, which is to be expected of a mafia game that's only 30 minutes long. Can you give us something more? Picture your style as a detective if you can't think of anything.

@galagya
I guess you just saw some of it right there. I don't know how active I will be posting in this game (busy semester that just started), so I when I read through I keep a close eye for scummy motives and post when I want to share my findings or want clarification. I guess you can probably expect text walls from me, ha.
Townie vibes here (Why? her post looks townie to me, nice observations here etc..)

In post 63, SkiddishRaddish wrote: Thank you both of you!

I'll have a proper post up in a moment.
Ok that's nice
In post 67, SkiddishRaddish wrote: I'm not entirely satisfied but you generally seem to write short posts and we seem to coming out RVS so I'll take it.

If Oacenth is a correct guess that still leaves another mafioso and unstated scumread. It's too early to get proper reads on people, but I were to suggest a pair for Oacenth at this point I would think it's maybe Dongempire. Oacenth started her random vote saying
In post 7, Oacenth wrote:Hey everyone,
I live in England, so that's my timezone.
And
i'll just chuck a random vote
, VOTE: Dongempire
I didn't know much about myself, like I said, I think that my playstyle had changed.suddenly scrambled to unwagon off of her, mistaking that she was one away from lynching.
Well that's interesting.

Soooo last post was about 15 posts ago and she only has 5 posts which are nice. SkiddishRaddish, more posts from you would be very very nice. I'll read her as town for now and her response to gala's question should explain some of the inactivity I guess.

With that being said I'll UNVOTE: SkiddishRaddish for now
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:33 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Just to clarify something, I didn't say that her quantity of posts are nice, I said that she posts nice posts.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:37 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Spoiler: Catching up
In post 83, Donempire wrote:Okay, thanks for answering me. Do you still have gala as a town or has your opinion changed depending on his new "posts"?
Do I still have gala as town? Well when you posted this post (post 83) I wasn't too sure on them and I was planning to review his posts and see what I can make of him, I think I will review his posts now after I finish catching up.

@Goodmorning, hey you ignored my post here:
In post 75, nmego12345 wrote:Quick note before I catchup:

I think gm guesses are:

Scums: kuror0 and Oacneth

Towns: galagya, me and platinum
I think the fourth townread could be Lmkguy or SkiddishRaddish, but i'm leaning Lmkguy for now

now time for some page 3 montage.
Or maybe I wasn't clear enough, but anyway are my guesses right? I'll choose Lmkguy as the fourth townread.

Now, if my guesses are wrong I won't play the guessing game again so I think you should say what your reads are right now, right? Are you willing to say your reads right now? If no, then why? I mean you've said you wanted us to guess your reads on page 2, now it's page 5...

The oacneth situation is very very interesting, I'd like to get into it asap, but I'll first catchup

@SkiddishRaddish, well rereading I can see what's fishy in my response, yes I didn't gave you any answer to the question I just answered the question "Did you play mafia before". Yeah that was rather fishy. At that time I thought I gave a good answer and didn't notice that I wasn't answering at all

In regards to your question, why I'm scumreading gm and kuror0, my answer is i'm not,
I'm just asking oacneth what does she think of gm and what does she think of kuror0,
It's that simple
Yo sorry guys, I just started teaching at a new school, so been hectic during the day planning lessons and such and also had a death in the family so was really busy the last few days dealing with that
@Lmkguy I'm sorry to hear that
Can you answer my remaining questions?
Why you didn't answer gala's question?

What is your answer to gala's question? (That question wasn't in my original post but by the tone of the post you should've figured out that I wanted you to answer it, sorry if I wasn't clear)
Oh yeah and one more question by platinum_fleece you hadn't answered it
platinum_fleece wrote:@LmkGuy:
Just one question actually, what do you mean by Galayga's actions leading us to where we are?

So I've caught up to post 94 and I'm getting confused so I'll post this post for now

-Fixed tags
Last edited by grapes on Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:37 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Ouch tag errors, how embrassing
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:51 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Spoiler: more catching up
@Goodmorning post #99
It's never too early to have accurate and correct reads, even if you're not 100% sure where they're coming from. I once caught Scum within 10 posts - and good Scum, too.
Now you, don't go showing off.
I'd like to see that game.
THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY
What escalated quickly? Raddish's response to me? or you thought that I read you and kuror0 as mafia

Next is post 101
[i just started comparing the strengths of my original reads to the us women's gymnastics team??? SEND HELP QUICK]
I don't understand what are you saying here.

If I had missed any questions pointed to me etc.. then please tell me them again. I think I'm gone now to review oacenth

kuror0, can you post your reads on everyone? no matter how weak the reads are?
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:23 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Spoiler: oacenth
I'll be having oacenth in two parts (Note that I said parts not posts):
1. Checking all of oacenth posts
2. Checking arguments used aganist/with oacenth (Basically do a search for all posts with the name "oacenth" in them)

I'm having a headache at the moment so to simplify things for me I'll be covering oacenth first 5 posts now and the last 4 posts at a later post.

First post is just your plain old random vote
I'll simplify the second post in a good clear formatting to make things clear (for me and for everyone else)
In post 16, Oacenth wrote:@ Galagya:

I am more of the type of person that would rather wait and see what other people have to say before I say anything.

That is due to the fact

1. This is only my second Mafia game
2. In my first game I was killed off pretty soon

so I'm still getting used to playing mafia and the terms people use and such.

In regards to my personality:
I'm not that confident

So
1. I usually don't feel very comfortable pointing out things all the time
2.I'm not always sure on myself due to this.

But I'm trying to learn so please bare with me!

But I would like to hear what other people answer this question with!
While a scum would say that, I don't think it's fair to judge people based on their personality and how do they play mafia, It's not viable in mafia.

Basically that post seems not alignment indicative to me. i.e NAI i.e null

In post 54, Oacenth wrote:Hey sorry for not posting guys, I havent really got any ideas on any reads yet, so Im unsure on what to post.
So im just interested to know what other people have to say, or what else people have found strange? (minus what has already been stated)
Also, if anyone has any questions for me go ahead.

@goodmorning you say you have some reads already, can we have some details behind your reasoning?
But Im going to guess that you have either/both Platinum_Fleece and nmego12345 as a town read?
(My guess being because after they both posted a few times your town reads went from 2 to 3.5.
Aaaah this post is so hard to analyze It could be newb town or inactive scum
It basically says: "Hey, sorry for being inactive, I don't know what to do, I wanna know what do you think everyone, If anyone has any questions for me go ahead"
It could go either way I don't even know, my brain hurts.. I'll return later.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #817 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:47 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Hi, so I was going to get reads for everyone but I got too busy and I couldn't do that, so yeah I got myself replaced.
How well did I play? What was scummy about me? What shouldn't I have done?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”