Mini Normal 1814 Machiavellian Mafia (Game Over)

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:21 am

Post by MariaR »

Like srsly do I have to write a case on why fake claiming isn't a bad thing if you're just gonna auto assume people are scum based on fake claiming...I don't really have much to say without being outright mean
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't think you are really understanding this conversation.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:23 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2301, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think you are really understanding this conversation.
Fake claiming on this site=Bad
Fake claiming = most likely scum

That's what w/e his face is saying why the only scum team Gerry can be on is with Zap because of the claims and I call BS
Zap Rowsdower
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Let's take a look at Nero's claim. He's claimed non-consecutive jailkeeper.

First, there's the conflict with known town PRs. Rosske had a bodyguard shot, which is one protective role for town. Then there's Elyse's unlimited weak doctor ability, which is a protection as long as it lands on town. Then there's the possibility that scum had some sort of role-stopping ability of their own, which would explain why they left Rosske alive N1 and killed Blackstar instead. Why else would scum keep a claimed town PR alive if they had no way of stopping his night actions?

Which leads me to point number two:
Doesn't Nero's claim make a lot more sense if he's scum than if he's town?

The number of confirmed and presumed protection/blocking actions in the game makes a JK seem weird at this point, but it would make sense if Nero has the scum's blocking ability. Then we would have two protects from town and one protect/block from scum, instead of two protects and one protect/block from town along with one block from scum.

And the "non-consecutive" part makes a lot of sense for scum too. It would explain the Blackstar kill pretty perfectly, actually. Because going into N1 all scum would have known as far as town PRs go was that Rosske was some kind of town PR. So if they have one blocking ability (JK) that can only be used on non-consecutive nights, they have three options:

1. Jail the claimed town PR (Rosske) and kill somebody else (probably somebody they think is a PR, which we can use as the most likely explanation for killing Black). Plan on either getting Rosske lynched the next day or killing him that night
because the non-consecutive modifier means they'll have no way to block him.

2. Jail some random person and kill Rosske. This would actually suck for scum because they'd be preventing themselves from using their JK on N2 and random odds are that they would be wasting their JK on a VT.
3. Save the JK and kill Rosske. This might appear enticing until you consider that N3 is almost always going to be a better night for scum to use a JK than N2, just because they'll have more info N3. This one is a big gamble, and one that scum don't need to take because they have option 1 instead.

ScumNero claiming his actual role as town makes sense because if he uses his own role he minimizes the chance of claiming something that town actually have.
I wonder if there's beer on the sun
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but
TOWN
shouldn't fakeclaim
SCUM
can fakeclaim till their hearts content
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:27 am

Post by MariaR »

Since you people don't like fake claims and etc

I'm VT
Zap Rowsdower
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Oh and Nero claiming that he's only used his jail on flipped scum is convenient as hell too

P-edit: I'm VT
I wonder if there's beer on the sun
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:27 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2304, Nero Cain wrote:but
TOWN
shouldn't fakeclaim
SCUM
can fakeclaim till their hearts content
I already stated why town fake claiming isn't bad in the slightest
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

just vote me then Zap. But like both me and BYF can't both be scum unless there are more PR claims.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2306, Zap Rowsdower wrote:Oh and Nero claiming that he's only used his jail on flipped scum is convenient as hell too
I was scum reading him d1 and I lead a lynch on him. I wonder why I'd target him.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Zap calling me scum but pussyfooting around voting me is p horrible.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Zap, do you really believe that town only has TWO prs?

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:31 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2311, Nero Cain wrote:Zap, do you really believe that town only has TWO prs?
That's a hard question to answer without being able to guess what PR's scum have
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

not really. Like towns are usually 50%VT+1. I think two town prs is way to fucking low.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

like HALF the reason I thought CR was scum was b/c I had blocked him and then Zap started talking about scum having an RB so I thought that CR was a scum PR that was blocked and didn't get a result so Zap talked up a scum RB so if I claimed he could sit there and point

but obviously that was proven wrong. Zap could still be scum though.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

mostly b/c Gerry is scum like woah and Zap is hard defending that.

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:40 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2315, Nero Cain wrote:mostly b/c Gerry is scum like woah and Zap is hard defending that.
Do you think BYF's claim changes anything
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:41 am

Post by MariaR »

I also don't see where a Commuter fits in this set up
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:41 am

Post by MariaR »

Hell wtf am I talking about with set ups on this wacky site
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2316, MariaR wrote:
In post 2315, Nero Cain wrote:mostly b/c Gerry is scum like woah and Zap is hard defending that.
Do you think BYF's claim changes anything
my first reaction was "oh he's town" b/c I think a two shot commuter sorta makes sense and unless there are other pr claims having 4 town prs fits but the way that Gerry is treating him is odd.

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:51 am

Post by MariaR »

I think the only thing stopping me from voting Nero is Gerry is voting him....Plus I have a chance of getting Gerry lynched so!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

no vote me.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm going to flip town then you kill Gerry.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

VOTE:Nero

HAMMER ME!

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:54 am

Post by MariaR »

As tempting as that sounds I pref gerry dies.

Pedit: UNVOTE YOURSELF THIS INSTANT YOU FKER I SWEAR YOU'RE ALMOST AS BAD AS DW

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”