Newbie 1737 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:14 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Quick note before I catchup:

I think gm guesses are:

Scums: kuror0 and Oacneth

Towns: galagya, me and platinum
I think the fourth townread could be Lmkguy or SkiddishRaddish, but i'm leaning Lmkguy for now

now time for some page 3 montage.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:14 am

Post by kuror0 »

Ok so
skiddish
do you have any reads on your own? you have 5 posts so far 3 of them completely void of content, 1 very early in the game with your assessment of the first page and then your last post where you are already suggesting a scum team? You said: "It's too early to get proper reads" so why jump all the way to make scum teams? so I'll ask, would you mind sharing your reads so far?

At first I wasn't thrilled with gm move to claim she had reads and hide them, but it has helped a lot to get info from some players, so if it was the initial intention that was a good move.

waiting for the second part of galagya before I comment on that.
Too lazy to be scum.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:45 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Oacenth wrote:Hey sorry for not posting guys, I havent really got any ideas on any reads yet, so Im unsure on what to post.
Also, if anyone has any questions for me go ahead.
Oacenth, what do you think of kuror0 and goodmorning alignment?
That should be a good starting point for you
Also what do you think of the others? reread the posts and if you find anything interesting (even if it was 0.001% interesting) then post it

nmego12345 wrote:Whoa 2 Pages in 2 Days!! That's awesome
Keep up the activity everyone

Just a few noteworthy posts in the first page (Then i'll get to the second one)

In post 14, Galagya wrote:Some post by galagya
Getting town vibes

Why? Anything without an explanation is useless. You dont want to be like me.

In post 21, platinum_fleece wrote: VOTE: kuror0

Starting a wagon early, now, are we?
Serious vote?
Didnt he already explain it? 2 posts ago? he did
Quoting you was a little pain
Yes I know he already explained it, but I posted that post before reading all of the posts well, I usually read each couple of posts thoroughly, reply to them, then move on to the next posts. By that way, I'm refreshing my mind after each reply.

Why I was getting town vibes from Gala?

First of all I was reading him 99% Null and 1% Town, so it isn't a strong read or anything.
Second It was more of a guts feeling than anything, he sounded eager to get the activity going, his post sounded townie to me. But that was a weak guts feeling.

My reads might be a little outdated, so I really want to gather up each player's posts and analyze them, but I don't have so much time IRL, but I'll be sure to do that ASAP

You were telling me to scumhunt > find goodmorning's reads, you're right, but at that time I was pretty null on everyone and goodmorning had 4 reads already, so It looked like there's something I'm missing somehow.
SkiddishRaddish wrote:I'll have a proper post up in a moment
yippie :D

Goodmorning I need confirmation on something
You're saying you got 2 scumreads right? Let's call them A and B
Do you mean by that that you think that 50% A and B are scum partners though
or 50% A is a scum and 50% B is a scum.

I caught up to post 70, I didn't read thoroughly any of the other posts which are greater than or equal than 70
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:55 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Caught up everyone, I think I will review each one's posts and review all of them for the time being, Lmk really needs to post more.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:59 am

Post by grapes »

VC 104
Oacenth (2):
goodmorning, kuror0
kuror0 (2):
Galagya, platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece (1):
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish (1):
nmego12345
Galagya (1):
LmkGuy

Not Voting:
Oacenth, Dongempire
With 9 votes in play, 5 are needed to lynch.
There's (expired on 2016-09-12 08:55:02) until deadline.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Let's begin with the easiest, Lmkguy:
He only posted 4 posts
His first 2 posts were just a random vote and pointing out multi-quotes.

In post 31, LmkGuy wrote:
In post 14, Galagya wrote:So everyone but platinum has a RV set, & that hasn't done anything yet. HMM. Wow, first days really are slow.

Wondering if platinum_fleece is just busy or gonna be replaced out. Of course, I'm just impatient & eager, so.

So we have RV going on, but I think discounting RQ completely(while understandably a go-to for some) may not be the ideal approach, either, so long as the questions aren't too vague/unrelated & can be ultimately used to help get the job done. That being said, here's a question for anyone curious, & I'll answer as well if people think it's worth the time: How would you describe your own personality/default disposition, & what we should expect from you in terms of your content(scumhunting or otherwise)?
VOTE: Galagya

Feel like this post is you setting yourself up to defend yourself based on 'meta' and find ways to start a wagon on other people later on.

Could just be you trying to drum up discussion too which is good, so consider this more of a RV than anything.

My answer to your question will be seen as this thread develops.
Why you don't answer gala's question now? Is your playstyle inactive and didn't want to admit it? Or was it just some RL issues? Speak up!
How much do you think Gala is a mafia?

So that's a review of his posts, He has a fourth post saying that Galagya's response to his own question was scummy (He asks clarifying questions and jump on wagons)
But I couldn't figure out what to make of it. It could go both ways I guess, except it's only a bit more scummy like y'know 49.99999999% town and 50.00000001% scummy

Lmk's inactivity looks a little scummy as well, I don't know by how much. I could vote for him right now but I want to finish up my list of reads first.

So to recap, lmk looks null-leaning-scum for his inactivity

I know what's coming is a little out of place, but I don't want to forget it

@Goodmorning Is scumreading people based on their answer to "What's your playstyle" A viable thing to do in mafia?

@Galagya you said here:
here's a question for anyone curious, & I'll answer as well if people think it's worth the time
Why didn't you answer your own question at that time? I mean you've asked the question right? Because you think that people's answers would be helpful right? So I guess your answer would be helpful too to us. Why did I had to ask you for you to answer?

More to come.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:31 am

Post by nmego12345 »

SkiddishRaddish is next she has 5 posts

Her first and third posts were just a random vote and asking how to do multi-quotes, sounds familiar to lmkguy lol

In post 27, SkiddishRaddish wrote:@kuror0
I don't really see platinum_fleece's vote on you as starting a wagon when he implies that you have an ulterior motive for voting third, whereas there seems to be little evidence for a third vote on Oacenth (as far as I can see, all she's done was to say to not expect much text from her when scumhunting and waiting to see what other people will say which is behavior I find more mafia-aligned than not), yet you're claiming that it's a victory wagon? It's not equivalent.

@nmego12345
I find your answer to Galagya's question a nonanswer. I know they were long ago and a short time period of play, but they only descriptor you give is that you were active, which is to be expected of a mafia game that's only 30 minutes long. Can you give us something more? Picture your style as a detective if you can't think of anything.

@galagya
I guess you just saw some of it right there. I don't know how active I will be posting in this game (busy semester that just started), so I when I read through I keep a close eye for scummy motives and post when I want to share my findings or want clarification. I guess you can probably expect text walls from me, ha.
Townie vibes here (Why? her post looks townie to me, nice observations here etc..)

In post 63, SkiddishRaddish wrote: Thank you both of you!

I'll have a proper post up in a moment.
Ok that's nice
In post 67, SkiddishRaddish wrote: I'm not entirely satisfied but you generally seem to write short posts and we seem to coming out RVS so I'll take it.

If Oacenth is a correct guess that still leaves another mafioso and unstated scumread. It's too early to get proper reads on people, but I were to suggest a pair for Oacenth at this point I would think it's maybe Dongempire. Oacenth started her random vote saying
In post 7, Oacenth wrote:Hey everyone,
I live in England, so that's my timezone.
And
i'll just chuck a random vote
, VOTE: Dongempire
I didn't know much about myself, like I said, I think that my playstyle had changed.suddenly scrambled to unwagon off of her, mistaking that she was one away from lynching.
Well that's interesting.

Soooo last post was about 15 posts ago and she only has 5 posts which are nice. SkiddishRaddish, more posts from you would be very very nice. I'll read her as town for now and her response to gala's question should explain some of the inactivity I guess.

With that being said I'll UNVOTE: SkiddishRaddish for now
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:33 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Just to clarify something, I didn't say that her quantity of posts are nice, I said that she posts nice posts.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 77, nmego12345 wrote: Quoting you was a little pain
Yes I know he already explained it, but I posted that post before reading all of the posts well, I usually read each couple of posts thoroughly, reply to them, then move on to the next posts. By that way, I'm refreshing my mind after each reply.

Why I was getting town vibes from Gala?

First of all I was reading him 99% Null and 1% Town, so it isn't a strong read or anything.
Second It was more of a guts feeling than anything, he sounded eager to get the activity going, his post sounded townie to me. But that was a weak guts feeling.

My reads might be a little outdated, so I really want to gather up each player's posts and analyze them, but I don't have so much time IRL, but I'll be sure to do that ASAP

You were telling me to scumhunt > find goodmorning's reads, you're right, but at that time I was pretty null on everyone and goodmorning had 4 reads already, so It looked like there's something I'm missing somehow.
Okay, thanks for answering me. Do you still have gala as a town or has your opinion changed depending on his new "posts"?
Thats understandable, but still, now that we have progressed this far you should get yourself together. Hoping for more posts from you, you're town.

See ya guys, and oacenth, defend yourself. Well, that would amuse me at the very least.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:10 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 72, Donempire wrote:Okay, we know that you think nmego is town because of his active scumhunting
Maybe you had read kuror0 scummy because of his wishy washy responses to platinum,
and in exchange townread platinum for questioning kuror and actively partaking in the town game.
Sort of;
Nope;
Basically, yes!

@Galagya: You and Raddish were two of my initial reads, yes.
Do you have any reads yourself?
In post 74, Oacenth wrote:I can honestly say, I completely understand everyones reasoning for thinking I am scum (which im not). I am just just new to the game and I now understand the importance of being more active so I shall try to be. I just find that if im am not confident with anything I find out of place then I dont mention it, but now I will, no matter how it makes me look. As Galagy said I should play to win.
Good! And remember, some of us here have a lot of experience reading Newbies. If you're Town and post often enough it'll show through.
@goodmorning: You say your vote was not random, but when you had voted in I had only introduced myself and no one had really started any conversations yet. So how did you find what I had said in post scummy? And I would still like to see some proper explanations for your reads.
You'll find the explanation for that in and one on nmego in !
In post 76, kuror0 wrote:At first I wasn't thrilled with gm move to claim she had reads and hide them, but it has helped a lot to get info from some players, so if it was the initial intention that was a good move.
I've been trying to find the right balance with keeping close-lipped for YEARS. I'm still not quite there, but this is much closer. (Originally, it was inspired by [N1308.)
In post 77, nmego12345 wrote:Goodmorning I need confirmation on something
You're saying you got 2 scumreads right? Let's call them A and B
Do you mean by that that you think that 50% A and B are scum partners though
or 50% A is a scum and 50% B is a scum.
A is Scum and B is Scum. I don't do associatives before flips.
In post 80, nmego12345 wrote:@Goodmorning Is scumreading people based on their answer to "What's your playstyle" A viable thing to do in mafia?
Almost never, but it depends on the situation.

(You should probably consider using spoiler= tags for your longer ISOs, if/when you do them.)
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:58 am

Post by SkiddishRaddish »

Just posting to say I'll post in a couple of hours (after class).
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Oacenth »

@Nmego:
In answer to your question, I am getting town vibes from Kuror, as I said in my previous post its mainly due to the fact that in every post they have made they ask at least one question aimed at someone. To me this seems like a very pro town thing to do.
In regards to goodmorning, all I can say is that I am leaning towards a town read. Mainly due to the fact that she is being very helpful in trying to get others to scumhunt properly and I dont think that a scum would do this, they would be happy with people not hunting as much. Also the fact that she didnt outrightly tell us her reads was a bit strange to me at first, I mean she could have just agreed with what anyone had suggested, to make it look like she had her own reads. Though the more I think about this (like others have said) I think she may have just been trying to get others to looks into things a bit more and improve the scumhunting from others and to see how people react to this.

Im also getting town vibes from Galagya, I think mainly due to the way they post things. This is more of a less confident vibe thing, if that makes sense.

@Dongempire:
You tell me to defend myself, but from what exactly? As far as im aware all people have commented on is my seemingly lack of scumhunting, which Im trying to improve on, which will hopefully show as the thread goes on. It's not exactly something I can just change in one post?
Also, so far you have just seemed to have made blunt statements and nothing to actually help progress the game.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Donempire »

wait what the fuck?
i posted a long wall here, where did it go
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Donempire »

Spoiler:
I did a fucking wall of text for ONCE, and it gets deleted because quoting sucks shit
I dont even remember what i wrote, so im just going to analyze the posts and comment what i think about them
jesus fucking christ, look at what im trying to put up with here, and i missed a lot of posts too because i dont remember the ones i commented on.
fuck you phpBB

In post 73, Galagya wrote:
Spoiler:
I literally just woke up, so I apologize if I'm a bit... durpy.

Caught up, & I initially feel there are two people I'd like to address:
Oacenth
&
goodmorning

First off,
Oacenth
... I do agree with the general consensus that you should contribute more. There's of course only two options to explain your behavior: you're new & apprehensive town, or(the more likely imho, if only by a fraction of a percent) you're new & self-conscious scum. I personally get a null vibe at first, but when I begin to think critically about your reasons, I do feel it's more scummy not to say anything. & this is my own personal feeling on it; it's not a matter of going "by the book" & assuming not saying as much is auto-scum(after all, it's not, & the very concept of "tells" & the like is, for the most part, inconsequential since it's always going to be a case-by-case situation when it boils down to it... seriously I am not sold on a single tell outside of LaL). It's more that, if given the choice, there's no good reason to choose to sit back and wait. It literally benefits nobody, I think, except scum. It means one less pair of eyes on things to catch stuff others are missing, one less mind put forth to aid in the power of our critical thinking, and one less person with an opinion to stack up or against others. It's disadvantageous to the town, no matter how you slice it.

If you say, well, the person is trying to lay low coz they're a power role, I'd disagree. I mean, a PR may choose do that, but they'd only ultimately draw more attention to themselves if they did this from the start(as evidenced by what is literally going on right now - people voicing their concerns over your activity level)... plus a PR is still town and shouldn't be excluded from the responsibility to find & hang scum during the day.
You could also say, oh, this person is simply new and lost and is afraid to talk should they misstep and get hanged even as an innocent... to which I'd argue that it's better to get things moving and certainly die(even though it's not certain, but again just going by their fears, here) than to not contribute and still potentially die(thereby leaving the game having helped nothing, only hurting your chances of winning as town... remember: always play to win).
Lastly, you may argue this person is just a quiet/shy person naturally, so more shouldn't be expected out of them, which I'd respond to with: you're playing the wrong game. Either change yourself, or change what games you participate in.

I do not mean to be harsh, & am only encouraging you to speak up more! I hope you do.

Moving on, I'll address your post on mystery reads,
goodmorning
- why not?

Honestly, & I realize this is probably completely stupid, but I was initially thinking your 4 had to do with the content of the post itself. That is, there were the names of people in your post, that you quoted when responding to them. My guess was initially that those were your reads. Yeah that's only 3 - I got the 4th from your vote on
Oacenth
at the time. Now, though, I'm not so sure... with your tone it seems that I may well be quite wrong & just wandering off in a different direction entirely than what you had intended.

Still, just gonna make it clear for the record: I initially guessed your reads were
Oacenth
, myself,
kuror0
, and
SkiddishRaddish

The numbers fit right & I thought it was a possibility. However, particularly after rereading the post's content, I doubt it's the case... mainly because your response to
SkiddishRaddish
was entirely an IC reply, haha. Oops.

Since then it'd been made obvious that I was at least a bit correct, though. You actually were straight up about it in your initial post & I did catch that, but you also continued to point it out - score 1!

So your confirmed reads are
Oacenth
for scum,
Nmego
for town, and... ????

Anyway... my brain died. Uh. I'll post more later, then, I guess.

Oh & for the record, I have no particularly strong reads, but a lot of little "feelings" here or there, sometimes conflicting. But I guess that's to be expected.
So let me ask a question. Whats the point of this post?
Or let me ask a question like this: How does it help the town? Except for a bit of oacenth part, all i see here is fluff and more fluff.
Do keep in mind that walls=/good content, so please, post when you need to post, not when you want to.
In post 74, Oacenth wrote:
Spoiler:
I can honestly say, I completely understand everyones reasoning for thinking I am scum (which im not). I am just just new to the game and I now understand the importance of being more active so I shall try to be. I just find that if im am not confident with anything I find out of place then I dont mention it, but now I will, no matter how it makes me look. As Galagy said I should play to win.
Im going to start with rereading the thread.

So far I feel like all
Dongempire
has done is make statements, no of which have been what I feel to be actively scumhunting.
As I had said before I am reading
Nmego
as town because of his effort put into analysing goodmorning's post. But I feel like that is all they have done, Im starting to doubt my read as it could just be an attempt to figure out the reads to see what he is being read as himself. I guess I will become more sure as they post more.
I feel like
Lmkguy
has not posted enough and when he has posted there hasnt really been any useful content to them and I find that rather scummy.
I am leaning towards a town read on
Kuror0
because they also seem to actively scumhunting with everything they post having at least one question for someone.
So far
SkiddishRaddish
has made statements or answered questions and not seemed to be very active.

Overall I'd like to see more hunting from Lmkguy and skiddishraddish and some more helpful responses from Dongempire and some actual hunting.

@goodmorning:
You say your vote was not random, but when you had voted in I had only introduced myself and no one had really started any conversations yet. So how did you find what I had said in post scummy? And I would still like to see some proper explanations for your reads.
This is the most scummy post i have seen in a while.
First of all, being "new" doesnt excuse you for being inactive, in fact, i think it should be common sense to be active, because if you are not active, thats not playing the game. Need me to explain further?
As for your reads, they are also the laziest reads in this game so far as well (except for "feeling" reads.)
You claim all i had done so far was to merely make statements... and yeah. I stated my opinions on most things. Whats wrong with that?
And did you even see that i was questioning platinum for a very long time (2 posts or something, thats my very long time.) which you see as "not actual hunting"
Lets assume you are right. Then i'll begin now.
Your nmego read is wishy washy in itself, and you claim that all they had done was examine gms post, which is not, and it becomes more clear as you look at their iso. They are actively scumhunting. Keyword actively, not when they are stuck into a corner.
No shit lmkguy hasnt posted much. But the worst part about this is the hypocrisy, considering you had just said you did not know the importance of being active. Going by your logic, the same can be applied to lmkguy, making lmkguy town, or vice versa, making you scum, or both, making you a scummy, scummy scum.
Kuror actively scumhunts? In every post he makes? Im unsure of that. Present it, present the reason you are leaning town on him because im not.
And about skiddish, i dont really have to say anything on that matter. It seems to me you just pointed out the obvious for the blind and the deaf here.

And here i voted oacenth, did some more stuff but it was deleted because something
im going to sleep have fun
VOTE: Oacenth

fuck phpbb
Formerly Dongempire
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Oacenth »

wow, is there really a need to be so aggressive..
I got told to point out anything, even if it was 0.00001% relevant/important, so thats what I did. If you disagree with my opinion then fair enough, after all it is only just my opinion.
If you want to vote for me then go ahead, but I can tell you now, im VT.
Also how am I supposed to know that two posts if a very long time for you?
And as I had said, they were just what I had to say at the time, we're still in day one, so yes my reads are going to be 'wishy washy'.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:56 am

In post 74, Oacenth wrote: So far I feel like all
Dongempire
has done is make statements, no of which have been what I feel to be actively scumhunting.
As I had said before I am reading
Nmego
as town because of his effort put into analysing goodmorning's post. But I feel like that is all they have done, Im starting to doubt my read as it could just be an attempt to figure out the reads to see what he is being read as himself. I guess I will become more sure as they post more.
I feel like
Lmkguy
has not posted enough and when he has posted there hasnt really been any useful content to them and I find that rather scummy.
So far
SkiddishRaddish
has made statements or answered questions and not seemed to be very active.

Overall I'd like to see more hunting from Lmkguy and skiddishraddish and some more helpful responses from Dongempire and some actual hunting.
I disagree that I’ve only been making statements or answering questions. I asked nmego12345 to give a more detailed response to galagya’s question because the only descriptor he gave about himself was “active”, which seemed like he was avoiding giving any detail on the question.

Additionally, I may have wrongly pegged goodmorning’s other scum guess as dongempire, but I did back it up with a reasonable motivation for his actions (besides honest mistake). (I was about ready to post my own post on goodmorning’s reads but then Platinum_fleece posted ....and I realized that I was dead wrong on my read of goodmorning’s hint, so I deleted all of that and tried expounding on what Platinum_fleece said.)
In post 76, kuror0 wrote:Ok so
skiddish
do you have any reads on your own? you have 5 posts so far 3 of them completely void of content, 1 very early in the game with your assessment of the first page and then your last post where you are already suggesting a scum team? You said: "It's too early to get proper reads" so why jump all the way to make scum teams?
My above paragraph may already explain it, but I also did that because while it
is
too early to get proper reads, I was trying to contribute and reading Oacenth's posts in isolation made me notice that.

Sorry for not being active enough and not giving much for everyone to work with, Let me know if my future posts don’t change that.
In post 77, nmego12345 wrote:
Oacenth wrote:Hey sorry for not posting guys, I havent really got any ideas on any reads yet, so Im unsure on what to post.
Also, if anyone has any questions for me go ahead.
Oacenth, what do you think of kuror0 and goodmorning alignment?
That should be a good starting point for you
Also what do you think of the others? reread the posts and if you find anything interesting (even if it was 0.001% interesting) then post it
Nmego12345, I'm curious to hear why you're singling out a kuror0 and goodmorning as a mafia team.

Sorry to hear that your text wall got deleted Dongempire, if you've got motivation to rewrite anything that got deleted and you haven't already summarized, please do.

Current reads:

Kurur0
- His behavior on wagoning so early in the game and kinda going after platinum_fleece for voting him struck me as mafia, but I think he’s town because he’s actively scumhunting.
Oacenth
- The more I think about her the more scummy I find her behavior. I feel like she’s getting a bit defensive about her play.
Goodmorning
- I was fine with Goodmorning witholding her readings at first to promote discussion. ...but I’m not happy that goodmorning stated that she had multiple reads on people so early in the game, and I found her reasoning weaker than it maybe should have been with such an assertion. But otherwise I read her as town.
Dongempire
- See below paragraph.
Lmkguy
- Too little to get a reading on. You know what you need to do.
Galagya
- I have no notes on Galagya so far that suggests mafia, but this does not exactly satisfy me and I'm going to make sure to focus on Galagya here on out.
Nmega12345
- Like I stated, Nmega12345’s answer to Galagya’s question seemed fishy, but I’ve seen nothing since then to suggest anything scummy. Town.
Platinum_fleece
- Town. The only scum note I made on Platinum so far is that he agreed with Oacenth’s request to goodmorning to reveal her readings, even though she clearly noted that she’d share them once someone tried to guess at them.

I don’t want to keep bringing up associatives before the flip, but I’m not happy with how Oacenth and Dongempire are acting towards each other right now. I postulated that they may be the mafia team in post 67 and look what’s happened: The first read Oacenth gave in her current readings (post 74) was on Dongempire which null but more anti-town than not. And Dongempire's last few posts have been getting aggressive towards her and then votes her. It reads like distancing.

For now,

UNVOTE: .
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:40 am

Post by LmkGuy »

Yo sorry guys, I just started teaching at a new school, so been hectic during the day planning lessons and such and also had a death in the family so was really busy the last few days dealing with that. I will do my best to start posting more, but pls don't take my inactivity as scum. I have read all the posts up to this point, but the way people talk in this game makes me need to re-read everything before I properly understand. Unfortunately class starts in 10mins and I need to go do some photocopying. Ill read again at recess time and make a proper post at lunch. Cyall then :)
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

In post 86, Oacenth wrote:@Nmego:
In answer to your question, I am getting town vibes from Kuror, as I said in my previous post its mainly due to the fact that in every post they have made they ask at least one question aimed at someone. To me this seems like a very pro town thing to do.
In regards to goodmorning, all I can say is that I am leaning towards a town read. Mainly due to the fact that she is being very helpful in trying to get others to scumhunt properly and I dont think that a scum would do this, they would be happy with people not hunting as much. Also the fact that she didnt outrightly tell us her reads was a bit strange to me at first, I mean she could have just agreed with what anyone had suggested, to make it look like she had her own reads. Though the more I think about this (like others have said) I think she may have just been trying to get others to looks into things a bit more and improve the scumhunting from others and to see how people react to this.

Im also getting town vibes from Galagya, I think mainly due to the way they post things. This is more of a less confident vibe thing, if that makes sense.

@Dongempire:
You tell me to defend myself, but from what exactly? As far as im aware all people have commented on is my seemingly lack of scumhunting, which Im trying to improve on, which will hopefully show as the thread goes on. It's not exactly something I can just change in one post?
Also, so far you have just seemed to have made blunt statements and nothing to actually help progress the game.
I actually like this wagon we have on Oacneth. It's still far too early to actually go anywhere near a hammer, but this post in particular speaks to me. He is sucking up to GM who was/is the one who initiated the scumhunt and lead us out of RVS. He is also trying to deflect attention to other people. I don't want to put him on L-1 this earlier, so consider this a shadow vote.

As for the rest of the game. Lets keep in mind that even though GM is the IC and is the one who was/is most actively scum hunting, it doesn't make him automatically town. With this in mind, I am town-leaning GM, but just want to make sure that we all are aware that at this stage, anyone could be scum. Also, can we please not all just look for what reads GM posts? I get that he is the IC but that doesn't mean his reads are going to be right. I think instead of focusing on his reads, we should be forming our own opinions.

So with those two points out of the way, I would like to give a brief reads list.

SkidishRadish: Null to scum lean. Hasn't posted much, and his last post is the only one worth looking at. Too little info to town read
DongEmpire: Townlean. I like the way he plays, blunt and to the point. Posts are easy to read and enough of them at this point
Nmego: townlean, similar to above
Kuror: SCUM HE VOTED FOR ME. Nah jk, null idk posts are meh
platinum: null, hard to say, I actually considered writing scumlean but also considered townlean, so cant really decide until he catches up with page 4
Galagya: Similar to above, except still have him on scumwatch, but also after the last few pages, his actions have lead us to where we are, so even though he is on scumwatch, I will actually give him a townlean read.

Anyway, I will do my best to post during free periods during the day and now that the funeral is done, I'll probs be able to post before I go to bed again or during the night before that if I'm at home.
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by platinum_fleece »

Well, I've managed to look over the posts of some others that I haven't made reads on previously. Here's some of my opinions:

@Galayga:
Your didn't give any information to me on any reads you have. That post seemed to be you giving several reasons for why Oacenth is acting the way she is + encouraging her to speak up more, after that you guessed some more of goodmorning's scumreads. Now, you did say that you have some "feelings" on where everyone is. Could you tell them to us?

@Oacenth:
It looks like after having some others point you out for a bit, you are somewhat trying to get reads on people, but some of your statements are vague. You said goodmorning was being helpful by trying to get us to scumhunt properly. To me, gm's kinda sorta hiding information because
until this point we are still trying to guess some of her reads.
Again, I know it's supposed to make town think, but I said this before, any info always helps the town. Also, a bit about Galayga. What exactly do you find about his posts that makes him seem town-vibed to you? Eagerness?

@LmkGuy:
Just one question actually, what do you mean by Galayga's actions leading us to where we are? The playstyle questioning? His posts that are relevant are where he poses a question, and which I've already shared my feelings with above.

These are the questions I've got so far. None of my reads have changed a lot. Skiddish is leaning a bit closer to town with her last read post, Galayga and Oceanth is TBD until they answer my questions.
Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by Galagya »

Sorry guys, this is going to be a REALLY long one. For the sake of keeping things more organized, I'm splitting this into two posts - the first is replies, the second is reads.

Spoiler:
In post 80, nmego12345 wrote:@Galagya you said here:
here's a question for anyone curious, & I'll answer as well if people think it's worth the time
Why didn't you answer your own question at that time? I mean you've asked the question right? Because you think that people's answers would be helpful right? So I guess your answer would be helpful too to us. Why did I had to ask you for you to answer?

I honestly am not sure. I guess I wasn't sure if it would catch on at all, or didn't think my not immediately answering would be a problem. In retrospect, I dunno, I don't have a reason for not answering. I didn't think anything of it.

Spoiler:
In post 84, goodmorning wrote:@Galagya: You and Raddish were two of my initial reads, yes.
Do you have any reads yourself?

Aha! Then let's make this quick - we know the last two are town & scum, because Oacenth you read scum & nmego you read town, right? So I'll guess town for me, coz lolIamtown, and let me know whether or not that's right... which will tell us the rest(though, knowing your reasoning behind these reads would be more helpful than just hearing the reads themselves, so... nudgenudge).

I'm a bit confused becase of what you said above my quote, even though it wasn't directed at me. Basically, you said you townread platinum, "for questioning kuror and actively partaking in the town game". I'm wondering if this was before or after the initial 2v2 reads. I'm wondering because if it was after, does that mean it was a solid read, or the .5 read? Iunno, just wondering which person you are thinking is town but not enough to count them as a full point. Coz I'd like to know why that is, y'know?

As for me having reads, I do now. I didn't feel strongly enough to call them "reads" before - rather, I'd call them "feelings"... like anything I picked up on were not particularly strong indications of someone being town vs scum, if that makes sense.

For the sake of moving forward, I'll just post my current feelings/reads in general, for everyone. It'll be the next post I make.

Spoiler:
In post 88, Donempire wrote: So let me ask a question. Whats the point of this post?
Or let me ask a question like this: How does it help the town? Except for a bit of oacenth part, all i see here is fluff and more fluff.
Do keep in mind that walls=/good content, so please, post when you need to post, not when you want to.

There were two people addressed. You're okay with what I said to Oacenth, cool. The other was GM. They asked a question, and I answered. In response, we actually got the name of another one of their reads - me. I'd say that's content, not "fluff". But to each their own! I'll try to be more direct, but I do tend to speak very concisely though repetitively. It's how I am, and if it's something that frustrates you, I apologize. Hopefully I'll get better at it, but in the mean time, I ask that you overlook it and. Unless I'm clearly actively detracting/derailing the conversation, I don't see the point of focusing on whether or not my words are too "fluffy" for you(especially when you've used that word for the both of us when our post styles are literally the opposite of one another imho, and additionally, my content hasn't been particularly less useful than that of others
on average
I think... yet you have said this of me twice now). Because of your zeroing in on me like that, I do get scummy vibes from you. I don't mean to be all OMGUS, but rather, the lack of logic behind your accusations is what makes it suspect to me. Because of that, it feels like you're trying to make me look shaky or less reliable in particular, when really I'm no less reliable than anyone else... or at least, wasn't at that point.(Now things are moving along, and I think that saying a blanket "average" vibe/null read is no longer realistic.)

As for "post when you need to, not when you want to", I'm not just going to "sit back and let others scumhunt" as you said when someone did just what you're telling me to do right now. I think that advice is too vague and the definitions therein too arbitrary to really help anything.

Spoiler:
In post 93, platinum_fleece wrote:@Galayga:
Your didn't give any information to me on any reads you have. That post seemed to be you giving several reasons for why Oacenth is acting the way she is + encouraging her to speak up more, after that you guessed some more of goodmorning's scumreads. Now, you did say that you have some "feelings" on where everyone is. Could you tell them to us?

First off, I just want to clarify: I never meant to speak for Oacenth. I meant to decipher her behaviors/intentions, and ultimately extrapolated that her behavior was, in fact, scummy - & that if she WASN'T scummy, she better change what she was doing, coz hell if it helped us. I could only ever guess at why she did what she did, with what little info I've got.

As for feelings/reads, see next post!

-Fixed Quote
Last edited by grapes on Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Galagya »

Messed up quoting a bit above, apparently? Crap. The text after the initial spoiler isn't mine, it's also quoted. Not sure why it did that. Forgot to preview. I'm dumb.
Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by Galagya »

Assuming 50% means null, and that any more than that is going toward 100% of the corresponding alignment...

welcome to TOWN

nmego
70%

They are clearly contributing, and any sign of potential scummy behavior has ultimately made more sense to me as them just being as new as I am, if that makes sense. I like the quality and consistency of their posts. The overall tone sounds like someone who doesn't know wtf is going on & is trying to figure it out as best they can, ie, town.

kuror0
60%

At first I was iffy, but they have proven to be pretty town imho. Good content, even if they don't post a lot unless directly addressed. I find they ask a lot of the "right" questions. At the same time, I feel weirdly apprehensive about them...?? Like any feelings I get are strong, but the good overpower the bad. So for now, pretty much town.

Dong
55%

(yeah... hope I can just call you that & it not be considered insulting somehow(you did pick the name, after all), tell me if that's not the case though haha)
While I disagree with their methods(or rather, the extremity of them), they seem to really be stirring the pot in a progressive way. I think they're town, for now, though I can see this flipping pretty harsh depending on how legit they ultimately show themselves to be... I mean yeah that's obvious, but I feel it'll be more apparent just because of how they play/their personality.

GM
55%

Difficult to read, this one! I am trying to make sure I don't make the mistake of townreading coz IC. It's difficult to tell when someone is trying to be nice for real vs fakenice, and even harder when they
have
to be nice to a certain degree, but you aren't sure where the line is drawn. That being said, I still think town, coz of their direct answers that show no hesitation, their. It's not higher because while I think they were trying to make people think/help get things going, I'm not sure if he way they did it was the best way... still, it got the job done. Hm.

Skiddish
51%

I'm leaning town but barely. I could see their posts as being scummy overall AND townish overall. The way they post but remain apprehensive strikes me as someone trying to figure it out. Someone... uninformed. Moreso town because of this.

platinum
55%

Clear scumhunting, though sometimes I feel you may be tunneling a bit. Still, overall, you're looking more town than not to me, even if it's not significantly.

Lmt
51%

I'm pretty much basing this on their lack of contributions/quality therein. They're similar in my mind to Skiddish and kuror0. Give me more, people. When you don't, it looks bad. HELP ME TO HELP YOU! & I'll try to do the same. I honestly put you as 51% under the scum list below, but just moved you coz of your most recent post. Again, I ask you give me more to go on.

Galagya
100%

Coz... do I have to explain?

you look like SCUM

Oacenth
55%

It's all been explained already. I don't think your recent contributions outweigh the scumminess shown overall... at least, not yet. But we'll see. I'm worried coz I have to wonder if you're really just new, a person with a more shy personality, who isn't really sure what they're doing yet & didn't realize they'd compromise town as a whole with their actions. Still, gonna assume even if you're meek you're intelligent, and at least now must know the ultimate results of going about things that way. I guess time will really tell with this one. Still - not enough to vote, but enough to scumread.

That's all I've got at the moment. I could go on but I'd be rambling.

...I can totally see a good cop/bad cop type scum deal going on with Dong & GM... but that's entirely a gut feeling & it goes against everything I've learned on this site about how to handle things/what to read into vs what not to get carried away with, haha. So, yeah. I know it's stereotypical but damn it I CAN SEE IT. Tropes have ruined me. Wondering if scum do things that elaborate... probably not?
Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Galagya »

*their pushes to make people think, stuff like that... but GM, if you could let me know if that push was you being IC or not, it would help. Seriously, straight up, were you honestly speaking as the IC there or no?

...dunno why it cut that part out of my last post. Was in the middle of the bit on GM. I miss you, edit button.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:04 pm

In post 96, Galagya wrote:Assuming 50% means null, and that any more than that is going toward 100% of the corresponding alignment...

welcome to TOWN

nmego
70%

They are clearly contributing, and
any sign of potential scummy behavior has ultimately made more sense to me as them just being as new as I am
, if that makes sense. I like the quality and consistency of their posts. The overall tone sounds like someone who doesn't know wtf is going on & is trying to figure it out as best they can, ie, town.

Skiddish
51%

I'm leaning town but barely.
I could see their posts as being scummy overall AND townish overall
. The way they post but remain apprehensive strikes me as someone trying to figure it out. Someone... uninformed. Moreso town because of this.
I generally agree with what you've said, but can you give some specific examples of the bolded? What has been nmego's spots of scummy behavior? Where have I read as scummy and where have I read as town?

@Goodmorning, I would like an official count of what your reads were, why, and what your reads are right now.

I'll need more posts to get a better idea, but right I'm reading LmkGuy as more town than not. Their analysis seems genuine and helpful to town.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 90, SkiddishRaddish wrote:it
is
too early to get proper reads,
It's never too early to have accurate and correct reads, even if you're not 100% sure where they're coming from. I once caught Scum within 10 posts - and good Scum, too.
In post 77, nmego12345 wrote:Oacenth, what do you think of kuror0 and goodmorning alignment?
Nmego12345, I'm curious to hear why you're singling out a kuror0 and goodmorning as a mafia team.
THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY
Goodmorning
- I was fine with Goodmorning witholding her readings at first to promote discussion. ...but I’m not happy that goodmorning stated that she had multiple reads on people so early in the game, and I found her reasoning weaker than it maybe should have been with such an assertion. But otherwise I read her as town.
RIGHT IN THE CREDIBILITY!

Look, you're not going to be able to write a 10-point case on someone who's got 3 posts. They're (/have been) strong reads, and I'd be willing to bet on 3.5 of the 5.5 being right (I already have an inkling which 2 might be wrong), but I can't really articulate "I've seen Newbies, and this falls more in line with my experience of Town than Scum" without being asked "how so?" and I can't answer that except with this metaphor:
It's like being blindfolded and given 4 different sorbets to taste, except they're all various berry flavours, and you have to guess which is which. Maybe you get strawberry on the first bite; maybe it takes you a much longer time to separate the raspberry from the blackberry. Eventually you'll get them all, because you know what fruit tastes like.
In post 92, LmkGuy wrote:As for the rest of the game. Lets keep in mind that even though GM is the IC and is the one who was/is most actively scum hunting, it doesn't make him automatically town. With this in mind, I am town-leaning GM, but just want to make sure that we all are aware that at this stage, anyone could be scum. Also, can we please not all just look for what reads GM posts? I get that he is the IC but that doesn't mean his reads are going to be right. I think instead of focusing on his reads, we should be forming our own opinions.
I mean, I said that last bit already.

But yes.

(Sorry about the rest, hope everything else is OK)

--

@platinum: There are 11 days left in the Day; I highly advise that you chill.

--

@Galagya: nmego wasn't one of my original four, if that helps. The plus .5 was DE, entirely for frankness. As much as I rely on tone for reads, it's not necessarily good enough in all cases.

I'm very likely to switch votes to original scumread #2 on or before Saturday, both because Oacenth is looking less scummy and because my original 2nd is looking more scummy.

RE: 96/97: Which push are you referring to? If you mean the "I have reads" thing; that's genuine. I never pretend to have more reads (or "reads") than I actually do; it's not good play, for a lot of reasons.

--

Semicolons!

p-edit: I'm not outing my 2nd original sr until I vote them. I'll do a write-up of the 3.5 TR in the morning, though, and maybe talk a little bit about the emergence of Lmk while I'm at it.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”