Trail Blazer

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Firebringer »

Did cephrir just insult me?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3282, Transcend wrote:Also FB and SS were both town in the same game I was just referencing, so I think they genuinely had to read MoI. And neither of them are on his wagon right now. I don't know how much that speaks for anything.

@Hiplop yeah it's just part of me feels he's
too
awful. I mean if worst comes to worse I'll end up policy lynching him if his wagon has the most momentum. I just don't see myself being the biggest contender of his lynch.
Yeah I misread him in that and I have no idea what quantifies the difference in his town and scum games, I am hoping I can Poe him later though.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

i don't really mean it like that, you're adorable
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:38 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 3283, hiplop wrote:Ibe seen him win as scum because people say hes too awful to be scum
I've only won once as scum, and it certainly wasn't because I was "too awful to be scum".

There was a certain "je ne sais quoi" about T-Bone's play that caused chaos where I could lie my way out of things.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:40 am

In post 3272, Spiffeh wrote:DS it's awfully convenient that I go from "never lynch" to "null!town" to "dayvig target" in such a short time period

All around the same time I turn against you and push for your lynch

What a coincidence!
Your slot has been all over the place. But regardless.

This Vig request isn't "I want him to die because he's scum". It's "I want him to die so I can see if I need to completely revise my thinking". None of the deaths has given me any insight on whether or not I'm on the right track.

It's the same reason we lost Cyberpunk. So many of the deaths were obvious that I was wrong on a lot of things, and didn't see until it was too late.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Transcend »

Link your iso to said game?
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:53 am

Post by SnowStorm »

I went over to check DS's reaction to FB's guilty on Spiffeh, since some people are scum reading him for it.
In post 2000, DiamondSentinel wrote:Claim your damn guilty, FB. You will die anyways tonight. No scumteam would let someone who crumbed that live.

Also, I swear, if you were faking a guilty...
In post 2002, DiamondSentinel wrote:Also, DO NOT HAMMER

THIS IS EXACTLY THE SORT OF BS THAT HAPPENED IN MACHINA WHERE SOMEONE HAD A "GUILTY" ON SOMEONE ELSE AND WE HAMMERED THEM IN UNDER 24 HOURS!

I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WILL TURN OUT, BUT THAT TIME IT WAS A FUCKING GAMBIT. 2 TOWN DIED BECAUSE OF THAT BULLSHIT PLAY.
This is not a bad reaction. It is probably the most natural of the reactions I saw. Like he has said, FB is known for gambiting. There was no reason to 100% believe or deny the guilty, the only way to know if FB was telling the truth was for him to fully claim. These posts and DS's further explanation/defense of his thought process here all align with how I'd expect someone who's both played and hydra'd with FB to react.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:56 am

Post by hiplop »

Is fire known for gambiting?
third best scummer of all time
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:02 am

Post by SnowStorm »

Have you played with him before?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:04 am

In post 3307, hiplop wrote:Is fire known for gambiting?
Abso-fucking-lutely
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:05 am

In post 3305, Transcend wrote:Link your iso to said game?
You could look it up. The 2 games I've listed are Cyberpunk Mafia (my most recent that I'm not in) and MGSV (my second game I played in, which will be at the very bottom)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:06 am

In post 3306, SnowStorm wrote:I went over to check DS's reaction to FB's guilty on Spiffeh, since some people are scum reading him for it.
In post 2000, DiamondSentinel wrote:Claim your damn guilty, FB. You will die anyways tonight. No scumteam would let someone who crumbed that live.

THIS IS EXACTLY THE SORT OF BS THAT HAPPENED IN MACHINA WHERE SOMEONE HAD A "GUILTY" ON SOMEONE ELSE AND WE HAMMERED THEM IN UNDER 24 HOURS!

I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WILL TURN OUT, BUT THAT TIME IT WAS A FUCKING GAMBIT. 2 TOWN DIED BECAUSE OF THAT BULLSHIT PLAY.
This is not a bad reaction. It is probably the most natural of the reactions I saw. Like he has said, FB is known for gambiting. There was no reason to 100% believe or deny the guilty, the only way to know if FB was telling the truth was for him to fully claim. These posts and DS's further explanation/defense of his thought process here all align with how I'd expect someone who's both played and hydra'd with FB to react.
Oh, thank you for linking that. I had been taking what FB had said at face value, like I bet so many were.

Yeah, he's downright lying about me talking like I "knew it was fake"

VOTE: Firebringer

Liars get rope, especially as blatant a lie as this.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:09 am

(Although bringing up that event, and me reading over it, does make me think that it's a good idea to have Spiffeh as null!town now. That is a fairly poor reaction in hindsight. Sure it looked good at the time, but not really anymore)
“Why was I chosen?'
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:09 am

Post by SnowStorm »

Dumb question. He was on TTH's game. Anyway, that kind of gambit falls perfectly in line with his playstyle and personality and it is really not out of this world to question a guilty result with no full claim coming from him. I mean, I'd question a claim like that form anyone, the fact that it was FB claiming the guilty makes it even more questionable.

There's no way any sane player should follow a claim like that blindly. And yet people are scum reading the only guy who stopped to think and ask for a full claim.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:14 am

Post by hiplop »

Okay. I am committing 100% to blowing off plans tonight to fuck up scum tonight.
third best scummer of all time
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Transcend »

^ Nice ^
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I don't think DS is scum for his reaction to FB's guilty

I think he's scum for other reasons that I've stated already
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3314, hiplop wrote:Okay. I am committing 100% to blowing off plans tonight to fuck up scum tonight.
I'm looking forward to this
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:29 am

Post by My Other Head Is Scum »

In post 3313, SnowStorm wrote:Dumb question. He was on TTH's game. Anyway, that kind of gambit falls perfectly in line with his playstyle and personality and it is really not out of this world to question a guilty result with no full claim coming from him. I mean, I'd question a claim like that form anyone, the fact that it was FB claiming the guilty makes it even more questionable.

There's no way any sane player should follow a claim like that blindly. And yet people are scum reading the only guy who stopped to think and ask for a full claim.
You better not fucking bring a TTH game in here I will rip you a new one.
Hydra of Firebringer and Vedith
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3318, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:
In post 3313, SnowStorm wrote:Dumb question. He was on TTH's game. Anyway, that kind of gambit falls perfectly in line with his playstyle and personality and it is really not out of this world to question a guilty result with no full claim coming from him. I mean, I'd question a claim like that form anyone, the fact that it was FB claiming the guilty makes it even more questionable.

You better not fucking bring a TTH game in here I will rip you a new one.
Mine
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Firebringer »

No, I have gambitted but who hasn't when you have played 140+ games.
In post 3309, DiamondSentinel wrote:
Abso-fucking-lutely
You have yet to name any fucking games!!!!!
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3311, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 3306, SnowStorm wrote:I went over to check DS's reaction to FB's guilty on Spiffeh, since some people are scum reading him for it.

Oh, thank you for linking that. I had been taking what FB had said at face value, like I bet so many were.

DS what are your other reads?
Show

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3311, DiamondSentinel wrote:

Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

a) wow i guess 10 of us are insane
b) no one was lynching him without a claim
Bartleby the Scrivener
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:39 am

Post by Firebringer »

can we lynch snowstorm? Like the guy is also claiming "firebringer did it so it's questionable" when he can't even remember a game he has played with me.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”