SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3401 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:50 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

Transcend is a great wagon guys. Hiplop is a great wagon. Pick one of them (whether or not you vote actually)
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3402 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Grib »

Will actually post tonight, but.

Every time Snarky posts, I want to spontaneously become a Dayvig.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3403 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:04 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So now the work isn’t killing me I can get back to some commentary on the thread.

I’m not getting lynched this game so scum should probably stop holding out hope and just Nightkill me as usual.

Gamma’s meta excuse for hiplop being Town is suspect given I’ve already linked another game with hiplops–

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

Where his posting was very similar to here and he was scum in that game. So it’s clearly just his posting style and not alignment indicative at all. And Gamma has already told me he is a solid Town player so I question that pass being issued to hiplop.

--
In post 3314, hiplop wrote:Okay. I am committing 100% to blowing off plans tonight to fuck up scum tonight.
Oh look what never happened.

--
In post 3204, Medical Junkies wrote:I have to say I'm kinda sick of people pushing us regarding our claim.

The fact you pushed enough and got more information than what was originally revealed pissed me off.
Having a Neighborhood with Bro in addition to Bro confirming you are a friendly Neighbor isn’t something that justifies this kind of posting.

Your role is non-standard. You didn’t explain it in any sort of clear fashion and when you keep making statements that don’t on the surface seem to match the limited information you have given you are going to get questions.

--
In post 3249, Gammagooey wrote:the "hasn't done anything that looks like a towntell" part is actually worse than the DS stuff I mentioned there in my mind at least. hiplop and DS and kdowns (and bro but he's got the whole thing with MJ that makes me not want to mess with him atm anyway) all have little things that I think are more likely to be coming from a town mindset than a scum one, even if it is possible for scum to fake them, and not seeing anything like that for MoI yet with his...density of his posts is pretty worrying.
This is probably the worst explanation for thinking someone is scum I’ve seen in a long time.

I have plenty of indications in my ISO that I’m Town. My whole Imperium interactions are front and center case number 1. And you are working double-time to explain those away as “bussing”. Your whole argument is “He doesn’t show Town tells” and many other players point them out you go to an Appeal to Proficency argument saying “Well he’s good enough as scum to make them” and sidestepping the issue that your “not seeing Towntells” is busted.

That dog doesn’t hunt.
In post 3380, Gammagooey wrote:calling him out for the super not-important question of whether Tammy is 'participating' (im assuming he just meant posting in thread because otherwise it seems retarded to even ask instead of just not-important)
Actually this needs to be addressed as that question to Imperium was absolutely game relevant.

Tammy lurks as scum. The fact that Imperium was signed up and not Nacho made the fact that Tammy was not participating absolutely game relevant. In the recent Open game we played together part of my strong Town read on them was Tammy’s strong Day 1 presence posting in the Hydra.

So portraying that question as “super not-important” is wrong. Especially after Imperium has been proven to be scum.

So why did you think it was not relevant again Gamma?

--
In post 3290, Cephrir wrote:gut mostly, also having an excess of townreads

i think that if someone is writing as many words as he is writing i should be able to answer the question "why is this player not scum" and i can't
You probably need to calibrate what you think is Town behavior then. Because I don’t recall specifically but I don’t think you scum-read Imperium and you seem to be Townreading ISO’s like hiplop’s.

Or you are scum in which case this post makes sense from a strategic standpoint.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3404 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:08 am

Post by Transcend »

Ss there's an infinitely better chance you get wagoned over me.

I will compromise on hiplop though.

MoI's recent post was really good.

How do we feel about that?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3405 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

I am not town reading hiplop
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:29 am

Post by Grib »

hiplop and Snarky wagons will result in a scum flip.

Maybe kdowns? I think he vanished, I have to double check.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3407 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:29 am

Post by Grib »

Oh fuck me, he got replaced.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3408 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:30 am

Post by Spiffeh »

DS wagon will result in a scumflip

Snarky one might as well

hiplop I don't really think so
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3409 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:32 am

Post by Grib »

In post 2949, kdowns wrote:If I'm scum Lynch me.
But I'm not, I know I'm horrible but I'm Town. It's stalling because others realize this.
In post 3037, kdowns wrote:Because when I do try to play I get belittled to nothing, or no one wants to actually fucking listen? This game has because come down to a dick waving contest.
Ohhh, yeah, he randomly got frustrated and replaced out.

He never did anything besides vote DS and got mad at people for not listening to him when he was repeatedly asked to give content on anyone other than DS.

I'd still lynch it.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3410 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:39 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 3408, Spiffeh wrote:DS wagon will result in a scumflip

Snarky one might as well

hiplop I don't really think so
Unless I am unwittingly a supersaint, then it will not result in it.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3411 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:40 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

My wagon will not result in a scumflip*

Sorry about the super vague sentence.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Eleven
Eleven
Goon
Eleven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3412 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:12 am

Post by Eleven »

Votecount 2.30

[5] DiamondSentinel ~ Medical Junkies, Spiffeh, BROseidon, Cephrir, Transcend
[2] BROseidon ~ Aristophanes, MagnaofIllusion
[2] SnarkySnowman ~ Grib, hiplop
[2] Snowstorm ~ SnarkySnowman, Firebringer
[1] Firebringer ~ DiamondSentinel
[1] hiplop ~ Zulfy
[1] MagnaofIllusion ~ Gammagooey

Not Voting (1) - Snowstorm

With 15 alive, it's 8 to lynch!

Deadline is at (expired on 2016-09-05 12:00:00).
[/color]

A Faraday/KittyMo hydra.

/in to replace for Kids TV Characters Mafia!!
Medical Junkies
Medical Junkies
Goon
Medical Junkies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3413 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Medical Junkies »

Ugh. Fuck me for not contributing as much as I want. Training people = I can't contribute.

Mod - Also, the Kuroi head of this hydra is v/la until Monday.
This is a hydra of KuroiXHF and Malakittens.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3414 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Grib »

Gonna get direct questions/requests out of the way first.

---
In post 3236, Zulfy wrote:
In post 521, Grib wrote:
In post 503, keyenpeydee wrote:One thing I noticed that after the fight between Grib and Hiplop, Hiplop became silent? Feeling triumph? And why y'all voting for MJ? and why y'all not voting for hippy when he acted really weird?
Why aren't
you
voting for hiplop, then?

Why are you sheeping the MJ vote?
Keyenpeydee, Grib makes a good point. I'm sure you answered it somewhere and would like your help with finding that answer.

Anyway Grib, you've been scumreading hiplop, jokingly or otherwise, basically the whole game. I see a thing in here about him citing his sources in regards to SnarkySnowman. Is there anything else?
It's sad, but my mini case on him from near the beginning of the game is still pretty much true.
In post 387, Grib wrote:
In post 385, hiplop wrote:tell me why am I scum
Distinct lack of town motivation, overreacting to minimal pressure, deflecting, refusing to answer questions, refusing to clarify/back up accusations, appeasing the only person voting you, expressing frustration at being questioned, narrowly focused on self-defense.

Ta-da.
Adding to the list: promised to make self obvious town Day 2 (didn't happen, and no, Imperium flipping scum does not townclear you, hiplop); promised to "fuck up scum" however many nights ago (didn't happen).

---
In post 3337, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 3335, Grib wrote:
In post 3327, Gammagooey wrote:someone asked why I thought hiplop was town too

I just really think this feels like the hiplop I've seen before in other games, and he's even more motivated and is trying harder than in the other games I've played with him too. He really seems like he's trying to actually find and lynch scum and it just feels really, really town to me.
??? Where are you seeing this.

Can you cite a couple posts?
tbh I doubt you're going to actually agree with me on this, I know it probably feels like a stretch if you haven't played with hiplop before

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
^this is hiplop's iso from buzzfeed mafia - the game only lasted two days due to a modkill d1, but it feels like hiplop is attacking people here in the same way and seems more concerned than I'm used to seeing about who gets lynched here, I expected him to be even more flippant than he actually is. If you still want individual posts I can go through his iso later tonight but it's a lot more of a general feel of his play in comparison to previous games with him.
I have played with hiplop before, a while back: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=58565. tl;dr his play was bad, he unintentionally claimed a townfirmed role, then lynched a townie he accused of rolefishing him when she was really trying to cover for him because of his accidental claim.

Looking back, it was a mistake to scumread hiplop. I can see now it was obvious he genuinely thought he had caught scum. Whereas here he's just going "obvscum" and prancing around the thread like a unicorn and demanding to be townread for nothing.

I'm starting to wonder if hiplop is someone who plays sub-optimally as town in order to have more wiggle room as scum, but the "Best Town Performance" banner kind of contradicts that.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3415 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:26 am

Post by Zulfy »

In post 3414, Grib wrote:I'm starting to wonder if hiplop is someone who plays sub-optimally as town in order to have more wiggle room as scum, but the "Best Town Performance" banner kind of contradicts that.
Ha I had this exact train of thought.
Thanks for your answer.
no investigation no right to speak
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3416 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 3403, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Gamma’s meta excuse for hiplop being Town is suspect given I’ve already linked another game with hiplops–

viewtopic.php?t=66865&f=56&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&user_select%5B%5D=15569&user_select%5B%5D=0&user_select%5B%5D=0&user_sort=Go

Where his posting was very similar to here and he was scum in that game. So it’s clearly just his posting style and not alignment indicative at all. And Gamma has already told me he is a solid Town player so I question that pass being issued to hiplop.
I don't blame you for not agreeing with my hiplop read because his play is generally unreadable, but his play here feels just BETTER in every way from the actual town game I've seen him in already. It's pretty clear through my iso already that there's I think there's an outside chance of him being scum, but when 'better in every way' is how he started this game, I REALLY don't want him dead on day 2.

You thinking that Tammy doesn't post much and that the slot is more likely scum if she's not posting is fine, but you posted about it 8 hours into the game - it felt really weird to me that you'd instantly ask about that instead of waiting to see if Tammy was doing any distinct posting of her own before calling it out and basically letting them know that's what you were expecting them to do scum.

And
MoI wrote:I have plenty of indications in my ISO that I’m Town. My whole Imperium interactions are front and center case number 1. And you are working double-time to explain those away as “bussing”. Your whole argument is “He doesn’t show Town tells” and many other players point them out you go to an Appeal to Proficency argument saying “Well he’s good enough as scum to make them” and sidestepping the issue that your “not seeing Towntells” is busted.
You don't feel town from your posting here, the Imperium stuff is the only reason to think you're town here at all and I think it's pretty possible that it could be coming from you as scum. And it's also possible that I've missed these other people pointing out posts of yours that they think are town, but the only actually substantiated thing I remember being brought up to argue for you-town was SnowStorm asking what I thought of your play regarding him and commenting on the posts I brought up regarding you.

------------

I went over a few big chunks of game which included a lot of DS stuff, but I'd still rather do this.
VOTE: SnarkySnowman

I can see myself potentially being wrong on DS here, I initially thought I saw a kind of 'click' in DS's posting when he started thinking Firebringer was lying about the guilty on spiff, but after going over it again though he did have a point where he went from talking about possible framers and non-sane cops to just being convinced fire was lying, the potential framing/sanity issues were brought up by other people first and even from the very first post he made about the claim he was talking about it possibly being fake or a gambit. But I also think that it's fairly possible that he as town that had just seen terrible gambit bullshit go wrong reacted that way because of it, and though his recent posting isn't good it's also not enormously likely to be coming from scum either.

I also think most people would have said something similar day 1 about him looking town but bad before he was a part of all the personal bullshit that happened around then, and though I know opening DS's iso causes feelings of revulsion and minor existential crises, if people on the DS wagon can look at his early-mid d1 play again and say if they think the more recent stuff is specifically bad enough in their eyes to overlook what I think looks fairly town early game, I'd really really appreciate it.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3417 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by hiplop »

gamma youre killing it this game.
third best scummer of all time
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3418 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Rabbit you ain't.
Hop on, everybody.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3419 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3418, Zulfy wrote:Rabbit you ain't.
Hop on, everybody.
Okay.
VOTE: Snarky
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3420 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not exactly sure what's wagonworthy about a pretty town post that has nothing to do with snarky
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3421 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Prod dodging this game, but I don't want a snarky lynch
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3422 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Zulfy »

No no I meant hiplop.
That's where my vote's at, friend.

Kinda worn out today but I have some screenshots I guess I took on my phone, let's see what happens.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3423 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by Spiffeh »