Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:55 am

Post by Not Chara »

mastin: if you're a miller, you should at least claim that.

i'm against flavour claims and ability claims, but any negative-utilities should be on the table in plain terms, without hinting at one's flavour role.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:55 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 273, mastin2 wrote:So.
I know that Varsoon specifically told us, "don't claim".
But, goddammit, Varsoon.
If you're gonna tell us that claiming is going to get us punished...

...Don't give us roles where NOT claiming is even MORE punishable.
So, uh.

In simplest terms:
The good news is, I actually am town this game.
The bad news is, I don't appear to be town.

I shouldn't claim more than that, but...
...Dammit, I want to. I WANT TO CLAIM. Because it's in my nature to do so, yet I can't.

I'll say this much though:
Deja vu.
As in,
serious
deja vu.
De.ja. vu.

I can claim no more.
are you undead risen slave or miller
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:56 am

Post by Creature »

I am more excited for the day to start.
Sigh
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 260, Firebringer wrote:Not exactly familiar with you and titus history.
Bullshit. Even if you didn't have experience with Titus and us in games (which you do), you're not a mind reader and you don't have the first idea why we decided who we wanted to ally apart from what Cerb said about it, and given that our conversation about who to ally and why we want to sort certain people goes way deeper than what he said, you can sod off.

And before you sass me back, go read our hydra PT from the first Steven Universe game. We talk about
everything
in depth. There's a pretty fucking obvious reason why we want to ally with Titus right away (and I expect she has basically the same reasoning for agreeing so quickly). There's also a really obvious reason why Cerb and I both posted that we wanted to ally with Yume next.

Do your homework or de-ass your head. Preferably both.

~D
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Firebringer »

So do you think I am making shit up or not? Cause it sounds like your trying to convince me that I don't know what I am talking about but at same time you ignore every other part of my reasoning for scum reading you.

Like titus was but one person you said you want to ally with, the rest still don't make sense even if you hand wave that.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:02 am

Stop rolefishing Mastin people. Varsoon could not possibly have made it more clear than he did that flavor claiming is a bad thing. Let me quote him for the people who didn't read the freaking mechanics:
In post 1, Varsoon wrote:As a final note, all scum have guaranteed safe-claims and roles that fit the flavor of these fake-claims. Do not try to flavor-game this setup.
Scum all have had their flavor crafted before I crafted any of the town roles--I have built this setup around scum having effective, believable safe-claims.
Flavor-claims are not anywhere near the sort of town-clear that you might expect from other games.
Furthermore,
I have given scum measures to punish players who are attempting to flavor-game the setup. Claim flavor at your own risk.

We are here to play mafia rendered under the flavor of Steven Universe--I will have no pity for anyone who takes the flavor as a means to attempt to outguess the moderator.
I added emphasis. Scum has the ability to hurt us for flavor claiming and trying to game the game that way.

The
ONLY
thing that people should claim at this point is negative utility. Anything else is just fucking stupid; plain and simple.

So seriously ... stop fucking fishing for shit people.

~D
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:02 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 278, Reasonably Rational wrote:Do your homework or de-ass your head. Preferably both.
I think you could down your post just to this and the actual message is apparent.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:04 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5, Yume wrote:I am so adding that song to my playerlist. <3
Town.
In post 7, grapes wrote:Bibbity bobbity boop
VOTE: grapes
Town?
In post 13, Firebringer wrote:Guys if you don't mind. I am going to use this thread to talk about mostly stuff not related to the game.
Like what I am currently reading/watching/researching/etc.
Currently looking for new equipment because my bike just broke the other day.
In post 16, SirCakez wrote:What is up my dudes and dudettes
Scum?
In post 6, Not Chara wrote:hello everyone.
i only recognize three of you. i look forward to getting to know the rest! :>
Scum.
In post 21, farside22 wrote:Oh on top of that I'm in a
masonry with firebringer

I'm sure doubters with be a plenty.
Yes indeed. Doubters a plenty. I'm one of them.
It is however just enough where you get a pass for now.
In post 24, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
I am in a masonry with SirCakez
so idk how reliable your claim is o.o
~Bee
You know, I'm pretty sure that both pairs are bullshitting. Not necessarily scum bullshitting, but definitely bullshitting. I flat-out don't believe you. But I also don't think it would be good to lynch you: there's a virtually 0% chance four scum claim masons on page one especially not when there's the chance of an
actual
mason countering them. At least 2, if not 3, of you are going to more likely be town than scum from this debacle. Given that, lynching inside is a bad idea.

I would however thoroughly recommend investigations within these "masons" because I don't see any of them claiming miller.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Firebringer »

Note to self: Mastin can't read players.
Show

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:08 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 35, CooLDoG wrote:got a full day of class so, will probably be able to post at lunch break.
In post 49, kraskaesque wrote:Hi fire
Nobody cares about ur bike
Wanna talk about films?
Town.
In post 30, grapes wrote:
In post 24, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
I am in a masonry with SirCakez
so idk how reliable your claim is o.o
~Bee
Why isn't two pairs of masons conceivable?
Oh, two's conceivable alright.
I just don't think our mason claims are both legit.
My academy.
Agnigi
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:08 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 280, Reasonably Rational wrote:Stop rolefishing Mastin people. Varsoon could not possibly have made it more clear than he did that flavor claiming is a bad thing. Let me quote him for the people who didn't read the freaking mechanics:
In post 1, Varsoon wrote:As a final note, all scum have guaranteed safe-claims and roles that fit the flavor of these fake-claims. Do not try to flavor-game this setup.
Scum all have had their flavor crafted before I crafted any of the town roles--I have built this setup around scum having effective, believable safe-claims.
Flavor-claims are not anywhere near the sort of town-clear that you might expect from other games.
Furthermore,
I have given scum measures to punish players who are attempting to flavor-game the setup. Claim flavor at your own risk.

We are here to play mafia rendered under the flavor of Steven Universe--I will have no pity for anyone who takes the flavor as a means to attempt to outguess the moderator.
I added emphasis. Scum has the ability to hurt us for flavor claiming and trying to game the game that way.

The
ONLY
thing that people should claim at this point is negative utility. Anything else is just fucking stupid; plain and simple.

~D
what 'people' are you referring to? only one other person mentioned mastin's claim, and while i'm with you on that one, what i wanted was for mastin to make it clear if what she had was negative utility or not. which is what you've just said players should claim here.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:08 am

In post 279, Firebringer wrote:So do you think I am making shit up or not? Cause it sounds like your trying to convince me that I don't know what I am talking about but at same time you ignore every other part of my reasoning for scum reading you.

Like titus was but one person you said you want to ally with, the rest still don't make sense even if you hand wave that.
I think you're trying to look like you are town trying to figure things out. The problem is it was clumsy and transparent. You didn't have any "reasoning" (that word means something, and not what you think it does apparently). You just made up some shit and threw it to see if it would stick. You don't know fuck all about our reasons for who we want to ally with. I frankly don't give a shit if it's obvious to you or not why we picked who we did. I only addressed the Titus hydra because you damn well know that Titus
always
scum reads me and it was the most stupid thing I've ever seen you say when you suggested that she would just vomit out information to us. It was literally so fucking stupid I laughed out loud when I read you suggesting it.

Seriously ... take your head out of the dark smelly place you currently have it lodged. We've got a mission (See: Steven Universe) and I personally am not going to put up with silly bullshit this game. (See: Steven Universe where we busted our ass and got town to 100% Win probability but a townie (who I'm not going to name and embarass because I like them) got selfish and blew it up and scum ended up getting the win. That shit ain't happening again).

If your goal was to get my attention, you succeeded.

~D
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Firebringer »

I don't see anyone fishing.
Show

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Not Chara »

mastin, what are you basing your reads on? gut?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 286, Reasonably Rational wrote:Seriously ... take your head out of the dark smelly place you currently have it lodged.
lol where is my head lodged?
This is too funny.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:11 am

In post 285, Not Chara wrote:
In post 280, Reasonably Rational wrote:Stop rolefishing Mastin people. Varsoon could not possibly have made it more clear than he did that flavor claiming is a bad thing. Let me quote him for the people who didn't read the freaking mechanics:
Furthermore,

The
ONLY

~D
what 'people' are you referring to? only one other person mentioned mastin's claim, and while i'm with you on that one, what i wanted was for mastin to make it clear if what she had was negative utility or not. which is what you've just said players should claim here.
It read to me like you wanted flavor info from Mastin. When Varsoon explicitly says that scum have measures to punish us for trying to solve the game by flavor and specifically warns us to claim at our own peril ... that is something to pay attention to. If you think I'm being overly aggressive, just be happy it's me and not Cerb. It drives him bonkers how much people assume about their roles and don't ask for clarification and especially drives him crazy when people don't read the game setup info and mechanics carefully. He would be considerably harsher than I'm being about it.

~D
Show

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Not Chara »

there is... a lot of anger in Drixx.

what you've said about Firebringer indicates scum, but you're still talking directly to them. is Firebringer scum or misguided town, which is it?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 286, Reasonably Rational wrote:I think you're trying to look like you are town trying to figure things out.
So I just want to get this right, you think I am scum, right?
Just want to make sure I get that right cause it sounds like you think I am scum.
Show

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 275, Not Chara wrote:mastin: if you're a miller, you should at least claim that.

i'm against flavour claims and ability claims, but any negative-utilities should be on the table in plain terms, without hinting at one's flavour role.
Drixx, this was the post. i'm not sure how you misinterpreted my intent from this. i couldn't have been more clear.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:14 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 291, Not Chara wrote:there is... a lot of anger in Drixx.

what you've said about Firebringer indicates scum, but you're still talking directly to them. is Firebringer scum or misguided town, which is it?
This is my confusion too, he says I am making it up and trying to look town but then suggests that I am town? Very confused.
Show

Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:14 am

Post by Killthestory »

im confused and tired but il dia htsotfuf monetaityb inmaybe in ab it
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:14 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 72, Reasonably Rational wrote:I will ally with mastin2, Firebringer, Yume, TWIE or randomidget if they promise to actively participate in our alliance and TALK WITH ME about the game.
I'd say "you have yourself a deal", but.

My ally power is not something I ever intend to need, so...I plan on allying with people I actually have strong townreads on.
You haven't earned that yet.
My academy.
Agnigi
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 295, Killthestory wrote:im confused and tired but il dia htsotfuf monetaityb inmaybe in ab it
if you're progressed to full-on crytyping, i'd suggest a nap.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:16 am

Post by McMenno »

oh, and I would really like to ally with one of the masons
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:18 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 94, Creature wrote:VOTE: Reasonably Rational
Town.
In post 91, Reasonably Rational wrote:Claim all negative utility at this time please and thank you. Miller/ascetic/pgo etc. Claiming such later any time past this prequel phase will result in your lynch for being anti-town and probably lying scum trying to weasel out of some sort of guilty.
Done and done.
Albeit with a middle finger given to Varsoon by telling us not to claim and then giving roles that you absolutely MUST claim.
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”