Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Not Chara »

...i retract my apology, the question you were referring to was in , and it was for everyone. unless i'm really missing something, but i don't believe i am.
this reaction is looking even more strange to me. and that, OBK, is the scum strange, not any other sense of the word. :>

you seem to be incredulous (or taking offense?) at how many players have readslists out... have you not considered that there's plenty of alignment indicative content to be found? and if you disagree, that's your opinion... but it isn't really my problem.
and, what do you hope to gain by attacking, as you say, the majority? what are you trying to imply by bringing up mastin's read on me? (one she shouldn't have, if this phase is so lacking in content)
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Not Chara »

the above was directed at Almost50, if that wasn't clear.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by SnarkySnowman »

KTS bro you should ally with me
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Killthestory's avatar is terrifying. i love it.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by Killthestory »

who isn't in an alliance? I need to know my options because I think I'm gonna go super duper mega town.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 644, Klingoncelt wrote:Updated list.

MAKE SURE BOTH OF YOU SUBMIT YOUR ALLIANCE REQUESTS!

Alliances:
grapes/chara
fire/shiro
obi/rr
skybird/foxbird
cakes/a50
yume/farside
randomidget/Creature
CooLDoG/Seraphim
McMenno/kraskaesque
DrippingGoofball/Klingoncelt (pending)

Unaligned:
SnarkySnowman
Xkfyu
killthestory
TheWayItEnds
here's the list Klingoncelt made.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by Killthestory »

hmm
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 647, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 643, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 626, DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm looking for volunteers to ally with me.

There is chocolate.
I'll ally with you.

Chocolate is a very important food group.

So is caffeine.
OK hag let's do it
I sent a request, I think you have to send one too. :]
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 641, Almost50 wrote:I'm struggling to see how some players are already making read lists (Mastina even provided a full list!!!!).
Honestly I could have made that list from something like page five. I was just holdin' back on ya.

It's not perfect since there's some signal interference here and there, but kids these days have no clue how well they broadcast their alignments. I've been out of touch as a player as of late, mainly because I haven't been playing games, but a combination of me lightly engaging people in blitzes (albeit badly), giving advice from the dead PT including on reading players, and most importantly seeing half of this playerlist in action from my own game, has given me a fairly decent baseline to jump back into the game at full-force.

It's a case where, honestly, as a player, I just have to read content, and post content, in order to ensure a town win.

I mean.
It's not like my reads are gonna have the entire scumteam at the bottom of my list.
But I can guarantee you: in spite of my miller claim, I'm going to be nightkilled early, and then people won't take a serious look at my reads to understand where they come from.

I'm not sure when I'll switch to serious mode. Some time after D1's start, fairly sure.
I remember what you said about me in Soccer Spirits: you had heard I had a good reputation, but never seen me in action.
Well, this game, you will. I earned that rep. (Honestly, that's one reason I love my title so much. One of the meanings you can attribute to it is that no matter how much I can suck, I always bounce back to my prime, a "second coming", eventually. I just have to nail my trajectory, make sure I don't stoop into apathy or even worse arrogance, and I'm golden.)

We're in the "dicking around" stage right now.
When we're in the "actually want to lynch scum" stage, one, people can sheep me, and two, if they have doubts they engage me and I explain why they should be sheeping me, and three, if they still don't want to follow me, they present the reasons they think I'm wrong and four, if I agree I move on to the next target. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Of course, along the way we'll have these pesky things called "roleclaims", but by the very thing that makes it bad for town to claim, we also know that we can ignore claims should it come to the choice between letting a scummy player with a good claim live or letting a town player with a not-so-pristine claim live. (That being, if Varsoon's word is in fact true, scum's fakeclaims should be good enough that they're just as good if not better than actual town roles.)

That mentality won't hit scum 100% of the time.
But this no-nonsense approach will allow even the mislynches to just tighten the noose around scum.

As a free hint, for instance: my list as it stands now is imperfect because the players at the bottom slots don't mesh well as a team. There's scum that are therefore higher than they should be. But I won't be able to tell exactly where and when until we have more data. These are some pretty high-level concepts I'm going on about (I mean, they shouldn't be, to me this is just simple stuff, but in the current meta it seems they are), and unfortunately any scumteam with at least one competent member will have countermeasures to my methods (not specifically because of me as a player, I'm not THAT large of a threat, but countermeasures that work against my methods also work against a lot of other things), but I have some secret weapons up my sleeve to help me deal with that for as long as I live.

...Still no paragon of mafia hunters perfection in reads, but does get me more scum than not.
In short: people of
my
generation don't need no daystart to get reads. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:11 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

I love that wall mastin. Its...just so mastin. Ya know, the mastin who actually plays mafia, instead of the half assing one who I've seen lately.

Also, I'm sorry for the delay OWK. I went from work to running errands to a concert to getting food and am only now getting home.

I won't ignore your question and I'll make an actual attempt to have early reads, since redacted about redacted. I do believe you know what I'm talking about.

The thing Drixx mentioned.....there are certain limitations on the timing, which might easily make it so privately discussing it will result in things happening far later than they should.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:24 pm

Okay, so after a quick look at the playerlist and comparing it to my mental inventory of what people have actually done, I'm inclined to say Shiro. I know the majority(or maybe even all) of the games I've played with him he's been in hydra, but as *either* alignment his posting has always seemed far more effective than the pure noise he's been generating so far. It hasn't been a lot of noise, it's not high volume, but it *is* JUST noise. It's possible that I'm just...conflating his behavior with that of his hydra partners/the actions their behaviors forced him to take, but that is the first slot I would be voting for if I ever actually voted for anyone, and will be the first slot I expect to see significant content out of among those who have so far contributed nothing, and thus the slot most worth pressuring to put him into that "effective" posting state that I normally see him in.

You're more familiar with Shiro individually than I am. Is this behavior what you would expect from him in this somewhat unique game state?

Did anyone say anything else that required my attention that I may have missed?

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 546, kraskaesque wrote:
In post 543, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 477, kraskaesque wrote:mcmenno's prob town ^_^
(i'll get back to u about allying when lycan comes on)
y?
because lone scum is unlikely to approach a town hydra for an ally
bad post
In post 599, SirCakez wrote:
In post 444, McMenno wrote:
In post 441, SirCakez wrote: You're in my scum pool so no
your loss

@kraskaesque how would you feel about an alliance
lol asking your scum buddy for an alliance?
if you want to believe that then go for it
In post 604, SirCakez wrote:
In post 600, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:@SC, Explain that McMenno scumread and the NC townread please SC.

You do also realize by immediately hopping in and chainsawing me you've all but absolved RR from answering the question about who they would vote now?
McMenno scumread for fishing and awkward as hell reactions when being called out for it
NC townread for posts that look like blatant newbtown (i;e any of it's posts on the first 5 pages)

I'm not chainsawing you?
RR can still answer the question if they want.
In post 601, mastin2 wrote: -snip-
wat.
:facepalm:
I thought it was obvious the "masons" were a joke
bad joke bad joke

I considered it
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:10 pm

Post by Shiro »

Cerb you don't remember me much in uni mafia do you?
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:11 pm

Post by Yume »

BOOM!
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:15 pm

In post 664, Shiro wrote:Cerb you don't remember me much in uni mafia do you?
Holy shit you were in that game?

I quite literally remember nothing about you from that game.

-Cerb
Show

Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:22 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 662, Reasonably Rational wrote:You're more familiar with Shiro individually than I am. Is this behavior what you would expect from him in this somewhat unique game state?
Also who is this directed to? Cause if it is to mastin then the only game I have every played with her is the aforementioned uni mafia.
Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 664, Shiro wrote:Cerb you don't remember me much in uni mafia do you?
Holy shit you were in that game?

I quite literally remember nothing about you from that game.

-Cerb
Well now I am offended. Jk I am not but I was none existent early game other than silly Rick rp. I got invested later on though but not much.
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
kraskaesque
kraskaesque
Goon
kraskaesque
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by kraskaesque »

In post 599, SirCakez wrote:
You should actually explain this.
we very quickly townread mcmenno in hydra pt from past games we've both been in with him. i think he's behavior is consistent, and kraska has caught scum!mcmenno before. we thought anyone wanting to ally a hydra might be town, which is why i went silent after asking for the hydras to ally us, because i wasn't being serious by it and suggested kraska (who is kind of active heading here) find someone else to ally. mcmenno approaching us/kraska looked very good.
In post 632, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
y?
This is the context. Searching for an SK is outright scummy and suggests Kraska isn't town because he thinks McMenno could be an SK. Hence why lone scum had to be explained.
kraska worded it strange by saying lone scum. we thought the not-hydras asking a hydra to ally could be a towntell.

~lycan
hydra of kraska77 and lycanfire
kraskaesque
kraskaesque
Goon
kraskaesque
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:27 pm

Post by kraskaesque »

interesting how both RR and OBK immediately assumed scum motive here. would have thought they would have come to the same conclusion

~lycan
hydra of kraska77 and lycanfire
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 pm

It was directed at Titus, because she's the one who was asking about who I thought she should be voting for.

And got it.

Hmm.

I refuse to go look at that game ever again, so, I suppose I'll just take your word on that. Okay. You should really get invested then. Pretend you're hydraing with FA and people are saying stupid shit about your slot that you need to respond to. :P

-Cerb

Pedit: Drixx and Titus are weird. Considering I responded to that whole comment before Drixx did and found it perfectly clear what you intended, given the context of my response, I can say nothing but they must share some inability to properly parse certain phrases.
Show

Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 670, Reasonably Rational wrote:Pretend you're hydraing with FA and people are saying stupid shit about your slot that you need to respond to.
This is actually the way I get invested early game most of the time. People scum read her for the worst reasons. Shame she couldn't join me here :(

Btw in space dandy I was solo in hydra clothing. No offense fire, love u <3 I was scum there so the game is useless for here :p
To me:
About me:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 631, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 630, Not Chara wrote:
In post 625, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 622, Not Chara wrote:...i don't agree with it either. but Rational didn't have a problem with a reasoning, they seemed to not understand what kraska was even saying, and was viewing it as a slip.
This is still Ewwww. The focus was more on the fact they referred to McMenno as lone scum, and there's no reason to believe that any town player should be looking for solo scum.
i... now don't understand this.
'lone scum' refers to a hypothetical scum player who isn't in a hydra... what does that have to do with hunting?
And I didn't buy that as the context. Nor did RR (at least one of the heads) evidently.
In post 632, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
y?
This is the context. Searching for an SK is outright scummy and suggests Kraska isn't town because he thinks McMenno could be an SK. Hence why lone scum had to be explained.
This is a stretch and a half.

Places almost under scum list.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 587, farside22 wrote:
In post 578, Skybird wrote:Farside, to me this is part of the problem with Day 0 as it were. Some people won't participate since the game technically hasn't started. Others shit post and don't do much. Not sure there is much we can do about it right now.

Want to talk about things in the thread so far? You are feeling pretty town to me.
I'm scum reading random and I have a gut scum read on rr.
I will get a list together once everyone post.
Kraska reminds me of badass mafia all over again as far as playstyle goes.
My concern is the arguments going on will just have the lurking scum type keep lurking while people fight.
I have RR as null right now. I have a hard time reading them much of the time.

KC sounds really town right now. I have a town read on Mastin too.

Cool Dog is pinging my scumdar. What do you think about him?
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:54 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 673, Skybird wrote:
In post 587, farside22 wrote:
In post 578, Skybird wrote:Farside, to me this is part of the problem with Day 0 as it were. Some people won't participate since the game technically hasn't started. Others shit post and don't do much. Not sure there is much we can do about it right now.

Want to talk about things in the thread so far? You are feeling pretty town to me.
I'm scum reading random and I have a gut scum read on rr.
I will get a list together once everyone post.
Kraska reminds me of badass mafia all over again as far as playstyle goes.
My concern is the arguments going on will just have the lurking scum type keep lurking while people fight.
I have RR as null right now. I have a hard time reading them much of the time.

KC sounds really town right now. I have a town read on Mastin too.

Cool Dog is pinging my scumdar. What do you think about him?
Null.

What about yume? She's pretty quiet this game and I recall she is very antagonists.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”