mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:27 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 845, TheWayItEnds wrote:i mean you could have not just blind allied just cause it seemed like the cool thing to do.
It's not an ally.
It's permanent.
Game-long power.

Now if you don't mind, I'd like to keep at least some facets of my role private until it's flipped so don't prod me further on this.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 850, mastin2 wrote:
In post 845, TheWayItEnds wrote:i mean you could have not just blind allied just cause it seemed like the cool thing to do.
It's not an ally.
It's permanent.
Game-long power.

Now if you don't mind, I'd like to keep at least some facets of my role private until it's flipped so don't prod me further on this.
Still doesn't explain why you decided first off that Yume would be a good target for this, nor does it change the fact you said you wouldn't ally with anyone, ever.

Yeah.
Inconsistency galore and its not even day 2.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Yume »

I'm sorry, but drop it. That line of questioning is forbidden.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:32 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 852, Yume wrote:I'm sorry, but drop it. That line of questioning is forbidden.
Do you have a alternate line of conversation for us right now Miss Yume?
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:32 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 852, Yume wrote:I'm sorry, but drop it. That line of questioning is forbidden.
why did you out it

you still didn't answer that
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:33 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

For once, I agree with Yume. I think Yume might be able to come out of their shell more if we go along with this for now, even with the flaws.

Yume, if you were queen of the world, who do you think is scum?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 855, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
For once, I agree with Yume. I think Yume might be able to come out of their shell more if we go along with this for now, even with the flaws.

Yume, if you were queen of the world, who do you think is scum?
Show

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Yume »

I do not have solid opinions formed yet. I am just sheeping as of now.
Show

Mah best game

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:36 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

It's not an ally.
It's permanent.
Game-long power.

oh thats my bad.

when i said that i wasnt aware that it was a one time could only be used in the pregame power.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:36 am

Post by mastin2 »

I haven't allied with anyone.
I said I would never ally with anyone, and that still stands: nothing good will come from me allying with a player.
The reason I said I would never ally with anyone isn't because I didn't want a PT, isn't because I didn't want a chat, isn't because of not wanting to be in a pair. It's not because of a lack of desire. I'd LOVE to ally with someone, if not for the nature of my ally power.
The reason I said I would never ally with anyone is from a MECHANICAL point of view, because nothing pro-town will ever come of me allying with anyone.

But Yume was not an ally power.
Yume is a game-long, permanent power, completely and entirely unrelated to my ally powers. It is therefore something that I not only could use, but was planning to use.
I wasn't planning on Yume outing it, which is unfortunate, but I was planning on using it.

I will say no more.
There's no inconsistency. Simply a difference in mechanics.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:39 am

Post by McMenno »

that's okay
In post 854, McMenno wrote:
why did you out it

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Yume »

And I don't plan to. Chalk it up to being super excited. Or me being dumb. However you like.
Show

Mah best game

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Firebringer »

We are not lynching Not Chara btw, i don't know if you guys got the memo, but thats like not a thing that will happen today.
Show

McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:43 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 861, Yume wrote:And I don't plan to. Chalk it up to being super excited. Or me being dumb. However you like.
I wish I could discern your alignment from this

I really really do
In post 862, Firebringer wrote:We are not lynching Not Chara btw, i don't know if you guys got the memo, but thats like not a thing that will happen today.
it's a possibility
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 606, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:@Cakey, really, with multiple people calling my question scummy, you think RR will answer? More than likely, they will retreat into their "we never give reads" posture. Yet, people can be read based on the stances they take, even if early or premature.
I'm tempted to dump in an essay here, but I just want you to know I saw this and I resisted.
In post 727, McMenno wrote:
In post 723, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 722, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 721, Yume wrote:It's what it says. It's up to you whether you believe it or not. *shrugs*
That would be a ridiculous thing for you to lie about.
Agreed, but maybe confused or a gambit? I think Mastina's town anyway so no rush. Yume is likely town as well. KTS is town because they are not going to fake innocent child as scum.
that's obviously a joke

so I think skybird is town, because having an automatic pt with steven universe, and thereby automatically knowing who they are seems pretty strong for scum, going to townlean her for that

VOTE: Reasonably Rational

I want to believe
Umm... we were Steven in the first SU game. Our big thing was that we could IC on day 5. On day 3 we had two people and ourselves thrown into a permanent alliance. (Mastin and Xtoxm). We then lynched a scum that day who had strongman on season finale and so we actually ended up using the same logic. We concluded that Varsoon would not have given scum knowledge of who we were so they could just turn around and murder us the next night without us having any reliable way to avoid it (there were two ways for us to avoid it: luck into lynching the strongman before first finale (this is what happened) or another town slot had to be both alive, allied with us, have a 1-shot per game ability available and USE it to commute us and them out of the game on the finale night). We were so certain that it made no sense to make an IC and then have it get killed 99% of the time before it could ever become IC that we concluded scum would not have been given access to our identity.

Now ... Varsoon does like to change things up as a mod so I wouldn't go so far as to say Skybird automatically must be scum ... but I sure as hell am not going to assume town after what happened in the original game.

Long story short: farside was being widely scum read but we put together a case for why they were almost certainly town. We were running a reaction test on them before we unvoted and moved on to plan we had stated. The plan we had stated called for us lynching Grapes (claimed miller) that day, someone else the next day and the final scum the day after.

Grapes, ignoring our really strong case for why farside must be town decided to hammer farside and end the day rather than take his lynch, which he knew he had to eat because of being and claiming miller. His action took us from guaranteed win to a last day where we had someone who had been kind of super trollish (think firebringer, only WAY worse) plus our two day 3 alliance people still alive.

Since we assumed scum would not have been gifted knowledge of who we were, that really strongly influenced our thinking and we ended up lynching the super-troll player, and Xtoxm was the last scum.

So yeah ... ummm. Please don't make unfounded assumptions. Please.
In post 839, Firebringer wrote:
In post 831, mastin2 wrote:
In post 695, Firebringer wrote:Does alliance in that context mean that Skybird can talk to the player who has role card of Steven Universe?
I am guessing that makes Skybird "Connie".
Really not a bad assumption.

As for the event triggering the -2 stress: an extension of me being a miller I suppose is that my event power instead of raising stress lowers it by two. That was my trigger. (I know, Varsoon said that in general, town events will raise stress and scum events will lower stress. But mine didn't. Dealwithit.) It was a pro-town power, I assure you, best used early rather than later especially given that I'm going to die early this game regardless.

VOTE: Not Chara.
In post 833, Yume wrote:Okay, now I've taken care of that neighborhood stuff. I am ready to sheep.

VOTE: Not Chara
The blind leading the blinder.
I warned you. You just went on my PL list for this game. Be an unwarranted asshole again and see what happens.

~D
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

It's not an ally.
It's permanent.
Game-long power.

It'd be ironic if you -of all- turned out to be Steven, given that you're also a Miller. :lol: :lol:

Steve(n) Miller

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:48 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 651, Killthestory wrote:hey guys I'm also an innocent child don't vote me let me do things
SO let me guess, you can out yourself and boost the stress level. Cool. That's interesting. Or trollololololol?
In post 727, McMenno wrote:
In post 723, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 722, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 721, Yume wrote:It's what it says. It's up to you whether you believe it or not. *shrugs*
That would be a ridiculous thing for you to lie about.
Agreed, but maybe confused or a gambit? I think Mastina's town anyway so no rush. Yume is likely town as well. KTS is town because they are not going to fake innocent child as scum.
that's obviously a joke

so I think skybird is town, because having an automatic pt with steven universe, and thereby automatically knowing who they are seems pretty strong for scum, going to townlean her for that

VOTE: Reasonably Rational

I want to believe
mcemenno: random shit post, and a vote on the start of the wagon.
vote: mcmenno

most certainly Meno and not Socrates here.
In post 746, Creature wrote:Sure, spotlight someone and I'll give my opinion on them.
asking for an easy target/vote. scummy.
In post 753, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 752, farside22 wrote:Obi: why do you think voting will pressure creature to do something?
Why is he the one your pushing the most?
Well he's promised content, but that's secondary. It's not his reaction I am looking for. I obviously will not answer more directly than this. I will explain why once I get the reaction I was seeking.
so in essence it is a random vote then.
In post 860, McMenno wrote:that's okay
In post 854, McMenno wrote:
why did you out it

after a wank.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:53 am

Post by McMenno »

is that rolefishing now
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:06 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 798, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 612, Not Chara wrote: i know the definition, i was asking how it applied to me. still, thank you for the information.
why do you care how it applies to you? You seem to be quite defensive about what people perceive you as, this reads as scummy to me. Also, don't know how the site deals with alts, but alt much? I don't think varsoon would let a newbie into such a complex game.
i asked because i took the descriptor 'newbtown' to mean i might be playing in a naive/subpar way, so i wanted clarification.
i spoke to Varsoon before signups opened, and cited my experience with irl mafia and other games similar to this one. i was told that all players are welcome in his games.

i'm available for quite a while now. let me know if there are questions from pregame/earlier today that i've missed. my memory can be very bad. this excludes Almost50, who i am aware of.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:08 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 864, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 839, Firebringer wrote: The blind leading the blinder.
I warned you. You just went on my PL list for this game. Be an unwarranted asshole again and see what happens.

~D
are you referring to how you said you would respond in kind to players being rude/insulting to others?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 815, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 810, Creature wrote:I don't see any 180 on me.
They townread you at the start based on their interactions with you. Yet, with no interaction with you, you became a scumread.
i was never townreading Creature. what are you talking about?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Creature »

So I got a bunch of town reads and I can post more there.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Creature »

Good, Obi is making things up.
Sigh
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

@NC, Keep reading.

The two major wagons right now that aren't you are RR and Creature. Which do you pick?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

Steven Universe is confirmed to take place on an alternate history Earth, where different events shaped everything from the culture to the landmasses.
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”