Micro 642: Auction Mafia TOWN WINS!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 207, lane0168 wrote:When he said

-Farside is scum here, and
-more votes on Farside.

You gotta give him credit, I didn't pick up on that, but he makes good points. Will reread farside
:lol:
In post 241, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 238, Davsto wrote:
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:farside22: Lots of content, but I'm having a hard time picking out too much information. Regardless, weak town.
Doing this one out of order because I saw him disagree with mohis' read on farside and realised I didn't remember DL's read on farside being town and this is why, because literally the entire description hints at scumlean and then he goes "SURPRISE WEAK TOWN GOTCHA"
This one's well pointed out though, and you are actually more correct than I think you realize.

This is tied back to the whole 2-points thing (that tied back to you) that was explained well by lane on the previous page. After my read-through I had farside as a scumread with a large focus on that point. As I didn't want to influence the response I tried to provide a "safe haven". I'm satisfied by the response so it's not as bad as I thought, but I'd put her on a null-weak scum
color me shocked at that 180 degree read turn with little pressure. :roll:
In post 248, lane0168 wrote:No, your other head is scummy. I'm not moving my vote.

He kept saying far is scum.
Then wanted more votes on far.
Then said he already explained the read.
His townread on bnl was for bnl having a bad meta read? Scum... Have bad meta reads. Read doesn't compute.
Then he said he was never sure of Farside. Just wanted pressure on her. And yet, he only wanted other people to do the pressuring for him. He never made a single attempt to pressure her, ask her questions, general pressure producing content was non existent.

I'm not moving my vote.
hmmmm I need to check something.

*note for self for later*
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

I think the only thing I'm trying to remember is if Fire is a tunnel type and frankly I have no reference of that occurring.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by My Other Head Is Scum »

I don't tunnel.
Hydra of Firebringer and Vedith
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:54 pm

In post 249, Firebringer wrote:No, vedith is the scummy head, get it right.
Mine
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 225, DarkLightA wrote:@McMenno, why do you only come to comment on things related to your own (lack of) participation? What are your views on other players?
I gave you my reads what do you want
In post 247, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:@Lane - Get your scummy vote off us now! :mad:
If you don't vote McMeno in your next post I am taking that as a scum claim to his partner!

-Vedith
yeah yeah, lack of alignment is participation indicative, we get it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:37 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 252, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:I don't tunnel.
So what's with the new trend here?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:14 am

Post by lane0168 »

Mcmenno: blowing peoples minds with brilliant posts since 2017... Hopefully
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:34 am

Post by Charloux »

VOTE: Mcmenno
Gimme something to make your profile!
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:36 am

Post by Charloux »

That did not sound as i imagined... Give us reads or something.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:39 am

Post by farside22 »

I can't believe dark keeps getting away with post like he made.
Then you have map that is a lurk sack.
McMenno apparently rubs people the wrong way and bam he gets votes.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:58 am

Post by BNL »

In post 223, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 212, BNL wrote:
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:Charloux: Ugh. There's a lot of scumminess going on here. He's spent most of the game going on about how he's lynchbait, and retracting what he's already said: "Ouch i made a mistake with posting." Seems to react intensely to even light pressure, but I'm guessing may be part of the whole lynchbait thing. 86 and 87 are bad. He's linking to games where he's been town and using them to justify that he's being lynchbait this time.
The problem is that in many of those games he wasn't actually lynchbait as he himself describes.
What bugs me more is that, given this loose description, why is he only bringing up town games? In Newbie 1713 he was "lynchbait" as scum day 1 to the point of self-hammering. Why is this not worthy of mention? It's like he's trying to appear town by hiding the possibility of him being scum, and that feels really really scummy. Overall: Scum
Now I'm starting to see why people are scumreading DarkLight.

Saying that Charloux was scummy due to talking about being lynchbait is a complete misrepresentation.

I can't see him pointing out his lynchbait games to justify himself being town this time. And saying that is scummy is complete nonsense; immediately before that post () Lane asked him for his lynchbait games. It isn't even fair to say any part of the lynchbait conversation was scummy because Lane kept talking to Charloux about him being lynchbait.

DLA added to scumlist.
How ironic that you misrepresent what I'm saying. As I bolded in my post, he was not lynchbait in many of these games. On the other hand, there was at least one scum game he could have pointed to as lynchbait but didn't.

I fully understand the context of the post and that he was asked to provide evidence of lynchbait. What seems scummy to me is that he took this request and didn't actually provide a list of lynchbait evidence. He instead produced a list of his town games. This seems highly sketchy to me.
Wow actually, I admit I haven't read the games that Charloux had posted, and some of them (like 1698) seem to be the complete contrary to what Charloux has described (it was a cop guilty claim, not an L-1 claim).

Nevertheless, I still think that Charloux was acting quite scummily in all those games, which is what I'll call lynchbait. It seems that we are not on the same terms here regarding what us lynchbait. What do you consider lynchbait?

Finally, are all the parts before what you bolded also meant to be scumpoints against Charloux?
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:00 am

Post by BNL »

-more votes on Farside.

You gotta give him credit, I didn't pick up on that, but he makes good points. Will reread farside
I don't understand what you are trying to say here, given that you were consistently scumreading Mohis at this point.
GTKAS - BNL

My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:08 am

In post 255, farside22 wrote:
I have no idea what your talking about.
I don't tunnel.

Why don't you give me a post I can actually read?

~Fire
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:09 am

In post 261, BNL wrote:

-more votes on Farside.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here, given that you were consistently scumreading Mohis at this point.
He was joking.

:facepalm:

~FIre
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:43 am

Post by BNL »

And now that it's past halfway point, time to make my reads list...

I like Davsto for town. Most of his posts are filled with game-related content that I like, which signals town. He usually posts more fluff when he's scum. Only thing I didn't like was (something something indirect defense, I can't think clearly...)

Lane is also town based on my feelings based on past experiences with him.

Mohis is my strongest scumread. Other than the Farside BS already mentioned, I also find posts such as and faked as they show strength in those reads, which is contrary to what is posted earlier (156: Vedith made the post, but it was Fire's scumread)

DarkLight is also a tentative scumread for now until I have my questions for him clarified.

Farside didn't leave an impression on me either way, so null. I have a very slight tingling townlean on her, but I feel that's because I keep talking to her knowing that she is very experienced.

Charloux, McMenno, and Map Wolf are all null. I just find it hard to read Charloux and McMenno due to their playstyle. (I know that logically, McMenno is scummy, but he posts in this manner consistently such that my instinct suppresses it and calls it null). Map Wolf is lurking too much to get a good read on, but I'll be fine with a compromise lynch on him as the Map X Mohis mutual townread is bugging me, especialy during that period where many people were scumreading him.
GTKAS - BNL

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:27 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 262, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:
In post 255, farside22 wrote:
I have no idea what your talking about.
I don't tunnel.

Why don't you give me a post I can actually read?

~Fire
Why are you tunnelling on me.
If you say you aren't I'll call you a liar right now.

I always feel players think I'm better then I think I am.
Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:21 am

Post by Map Wolf »

In post 166, Map Wolf wrote:
In post 160, BNL wrote:
In post 139, Map Wolf wrote:So yeah this game has stalled too much. This game really needs more activity. If anyone has got questions i will be willing to answer them.
What's your read on Mohis?
Townlean due to them participating in the discussion that there is.
Because scum find it impossible to participate in discussion..?
No, but scum generally doesn't have a direct incentive to provoke discussion
“The biggest defeat is to not lose”
-MapWolf
Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Map Wolf »

And yes i have not participated enough to blame anyone for voting me.
“The biggest defeat is to not lose”
-MapWolf
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 245, DarkLightA wrote:And I don't see this coming from a "Mr. trying to be neutral":
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:I've just not been able to get into the game yet—I'll get better as it progresses, I promise.
That's my favourite excuse as scum too
Don't you? I was merely pointing out your incredibly lame excuse for inactivity, an excuse which I have frequently used as scum in the past. Of all the points you have a problem with, really?
In post 266, Map Wolf wrote:
In post 160, BNL wrote:
In post 139, Map Wolf wrote:So yeah this game has stalled too much. This game really needs more activity. If anyone has got questions i will be willing to answer them.
You do realise how incredibly wrong this viewpoint is? Like, looking like they're town and making other people look like scum is literally how scum play, and you know how you do that? Provoking discussion! Because people who promote discussion tend to get labelled as town, but provoking and leading discussion allows you to paint other players in the light you want. Scum's incentive for promoting discussion is that it's their main path to victory!
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 245, DarkLightA wrote:I responded to what I saw as the most important things, and you're saying those weren't the most serious issues? :lol: The thing is,
most of your points
all of your points are either complaints about my reads being vague, or about complete bullshit. I find it hard to see how you're trying to be neutral about it when there's very little substance but a lot of... emotion(?) in your response.
hmm these seem like very vague issues about my post

"very little substance" other than, you know, every post I quoted and made a point about. No substance whatsoever though. Never.

I said they weren't the most serious issues because it was just a little "this read makes oddly little sense but please explain it" rather than the several "this is just ridiculous and makes no sense"

Also
all of your points are either complaints about my reads being vague, or about complete bullshit.
Can someone else tell me if this was an actual issue or DarkLight is just making crap up to discredit me or whatever? Because I only described one read as vague (and that's because it was really quite aggressively vague), and if all of my other points were "complete bullshit" I feel that
someone
other than DarkLight would have noticed. I thought they were pretty neat points, if I do say so myself

Also, talking about "discrediting", that's exactly what DarkLight was doing there. Because the way that sentence quoted above was structured, it seemed like DarkLight's main aim was to cast doubt on my points rather than come up with a reason why anything I did in that post was scummy/towny, which tells me that DarkLight's main aim seems to be to make me and others doubt my reads rather than attempting to find scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:44 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm think map is just lurking scum at this point.
He just avoid my question.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:45 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 256, lane0168 wrote:Mcmenno: blowing peoples minds with brilliant posts since 2017... Hopefully
thank you tahank you
In post 258, Charloux wrote:That did not sound as i imagined... Give us reads or something.
I did or are you blind

look do you realise if you keep making posts like these people will scumread you
In post 266, Map Wolf wrote:
In post 160, BNL wrote:
that's not what mohis was doing really
In post 267, Map Wolf wrote:And yes i have not participated enough to blame anyone for voting me.
ah, the ol' "I don't care that people are voting me" card
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Davsto »

Yeah MapWolf is totally scum, I'm just focusing more on DarkLight right now because MapWolf is gonna be lynched at some point whatever I do about it so putting effort into that seems wasteful

meanwhile DarkLight may take more effort to convince people about so I'd really like to get as much on them as possible

Charloux is like my third bet if either of them are wrong
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by lane0168 »

@davsto, I think they were pretty biased. I actually liked his reads with reasons. There were parts I agreed with, and parts that I didn't really care about, but nothing that looked scummy to me. I'll tell you what I think about your reads. I'm never on computer but I'll try my best to make it coherent
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 238, Davsto wrote:Okay so I had a bunch of quotes before this but I tend to copy/paste for large quote walls and guess who decided to copy/paste song lyrics into sitechat and as a result lost all their stuff yeah good fucking job me general gist is that 139/141 are more bad posts from mapwolf and mohis' townread on them is weaksauce (seriously the good old "how is this not x?" rhetorical question which does a wonderful job of telling no-one fucking anything useful)
In post 160, BNL wrote:
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:I've just not been able to get into the game yet—I'll get better as it progresses, I promise.
That's my favourite excuse as scum too
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:Davsto: I don't like how he's decided that I'm scum based on one post of mine and is basing his other posts on it: "even with my logic that DarkLight is scum" (82). There's both elements that I like and don't like in the posts. A coin could do as good a job as myself. Null.
Woo, lacklustre reads time. The first two are okay I guess, but this is nasty. Feels like not wanting to commit to scumread, by giving reasons that I'm scum but following with a very vague "elements I like too" which tells me a wonderful nothing
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:@farside when you say the "Dav points about dark" do you mean the post with the two points about me that he posted along with his vote? or is it just in general?
Useless questions which provide no further depth than looking involved, lovely
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:Lane: Starts off suggesting a strategy he made in an earlier game, and drops it just as quickly. Apparently ninja'd me with my comments about Charloux. He's a weak townlean.
woahwoah, not seeing the townlean in this. First is an objective statement with no implied reading. Second is saying that he made points which would be pathetically easy to make regardless of alignment. I fail to see the townlean bit coming in.

(ftr, feel free to respond to any of this to explain, darklight, I'm not just attacking, I'm just not great at asking questions, if I've misinterpreted something or you just missed details out in your post, feel free to point it out)
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:Lucky: Contentless posts and seems happy to get away with it. Weak scumlean.
wow reads about the mod how original
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:farside22: Lots of content, but I'm having a hard time picking out too much information. Regardless, weak town.
Doing this one out of order because I saw him disagree with mohis' read on farside and realised I didn't remember DL's read on farside being town and this is why, because literally the entire description hints at scumlean and then he goes "SURPRISE WEAK TOWN GOTCHA"
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:Map Wolf: Contrary to what it seems everyone thinks, I'm not putting too much in the RVS vote.
Ahh, so you're not doing that... but you're still pushing MapWolf as strong scum with the only further reasoning being that (admittedly naff) post about inactivity (where he still put more effort into continuing activity with that post than you did with your initial "sorry for inactivity post")? That seems really bizarre, to say you're not staking it all on that and yet, with the game having progressed considerably, still keeping the vote almost entirely on that.

farside can go gut town
In post 205, Charloux wrote:Yeah... might as well do a short readlist...
Farside: I think it's town mentality to ask if you don't understand someone's posts (+)
The short debate with Fire seems like TvT to me(+) ; Townlean

Lane: Likes to suck up to the mod (NAI)
(+) ; Being a jerk to me (+)(Have to check on his scum games, but he was playing like this in his town game with me)
His explaines how i feel about MOHIS, but i don't scumread then for the discord. ; Townlean

McMenno: I seriously forgot he was in this game. Lack of useful posts (-), has me as a townlean but doesn't like my posts(like wtf does that even mean)(-) ; Scumlean

Davsto: I liked his reasoning in (+) ; Null

MapWolf: self explained (-) ; Lack of posts (-) ; Scumlean

BNL: Don't care what everybody else thinks but is a good post (+) ; Him pushing mohis (+) ; Townlean

MOHIS: It's useless to try and read fire who is in multiple games. If it's worth anything my gut says he is town.

DarkLight:(mini-), he didn't seem to interested in the game at that time.
Best post so far (++), but, sadly, his /solved comment is wrong. Townlean
No fuck don't make bad and scummy posts I like my scumreads where they are don't go confusing me and making me consider changing them when I love burying myself in reads from the start
In post 216, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:I just had an idea on bids actually.
I think we should have the most townread person snatch the first item for $50
The numbers post flip will tell us alot I think.

~Fire
I'd rather not, already made a bet on that myself and I don't really want moneys to go to waste
In post 223, DarkLightA wrote:there was at least one scum game he could have pointed to as lynchbait but didn't.
This is a really silly point. I mean, when someone (regardless of alignment) is pointing out that they tend to act scummy as town, why
would
they provide a scum game? It'd be entirely irrelevant to the point that they were trying to make. Sure, if they were making the point that they were
only
scummy as town, then it'd be relevant, but that's totally not what they were trying to get across. Basically, more issues with DarkLight.
First wrote, like the point.

Second quote, the game is slow, seems like many people aren't getting full on in to it, he just expressed it. Your response shows bias

Third quote, lackluster may be right, but at the time its more than many had done.

Forth quote, as explained, there was a point to his questioning

Fifth, true first part. Second part you call it pathetically easy, and yet you didn't do it, you even said his questions were useless cause you didn't apparently catch on to what he was trying to do.

Sixth, meaningless

Seventh, bias, how does that mean towards calling her scum by saying hes having trouble getting information out of it? That's just a fact. Ask fire.

Eighth, he's scum reading and voting your scum read, but your issue is him saying its not all about the rvs? Clearly there's more scum to map than the rvs. Considering you think map is scum correct?

Anyways, you asked. I don't know why dark is scum. I'm getting the opposite.

You who else im opposite of? Mohis and map, who town read each other? I'm taking your word for it as I cant remember, since mohis has opposing reads in themselves

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”