Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1072, grapes wrote:I also don't know what your scumreads are. Work on that.
To be frank, neither do I. :oops:

i have tons of TOWN reads (of varying strengths) but when it comes to identifying scum I don't have a single strong scum read. The closest to resembling a scum read at all is Not Chara and that's why I'm voting it right now. I could name like 10-12 players that I'm -more or less- null on, but that's as good as it gets thus far.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:47 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1070, Almost50 wrote:OK, Yume is widely town read. WHY? Is it bc Mastina said so and people are assuming that's got to be based on INFO rather than a normal read? Or is it bc Yume confirmed Mastina as Town?? And if the latter, what would YOU have done were you scum and got invited to a hood where it says "X is Town"?? Would you have even thought of keeping it to yourself, IF YOU WERE SCUM?

Maybe my mind is skewed, but I'm thinking in reverse. I'd keep it to myself for the time being as TOWN and see how people are treating the one I know to be conf!Town. I'd go out and air it as SCUM for Town!Cred and -maybe- as a means to pass some message to my peers.

But to each their own, and I'm inclined to treat this one issue as NAI, which brings me back to the original question: WHY has Yume become semi-confirmed after Mastina put her at the top of her reads??
No, you're right. As scum, Yume would have had no choice at all but to go ahead and immediately clear mastin.

That's an easy Risk vs Reward decision.
V/LA every 5pm Friday - 8am Monday, EST.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:50 am

Post by Xkfyu »

Getting my notes caught up.

So far, we have the following claims:
killthestory has claimed IC
Yume has claimed that mastin2 is confirmed town, based on something that was written in their neighborhood
and mastin2 has claimed Miller Mason (but I don't think she has outed her partner? If so, I missed it)

I kinda feel like there was one more though, but I couldn't find it.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:50 am

Post by grapes »

In post 1073, farside22 wrote:So gut.
Why is snarky town then? His reads are surface level reads that are senseless.
If you say too scummy to be scum I'm going to vote you.

You were in the last SU if I remember correctly. What makes rr different from that game?
No. It's more than gut for sure.

Snarky is town because gut and I don't think he makes a push on you as scum. Like his vibe too.
He's also like the only person in the entire game who had the balls to call me scum.

Well that's like year old meta, so. Hard to say because I don't really remember.
Why do you think RR's town?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1078, grapes wrote:He's also like the only person in the entire game who had the balls to call me scum.
How is this a town tell?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:55 am

Post by grapes »

It's not anymore.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:02 am

Post by Almost50 »

I'll give you a little peek into my thoughts while we're at it (this is a rare incident):

At one point I thought SS was the lie detector. The "event" happened close enough to him catching up, so I thought it to be a good chance he was the one. I immediately moved him from Null to a slight town read (bc I had no way to confirm he IS the LD). Anyway, later on Creature did his stunt and seemed like claiming LD himself, and I'm left with big question marks at best. Is Creature for real?? Why would he do that if he is? Or did he notice what I did and is trying to cover for SS? And if so, what means of communications do they have together that guarantees such a stunt just doesn't backfire?

Of course, I could be far off and maybe neither of them is the lie detector. I seem to be missing lots, even about my own role. For example, I don't even know why I thought I was about to get confirmed. The fact is it says up there that the event I'm in (Joy Ride) prevents me from using my powers on anyone outside of it, and protects me from being affected by powers of those outside of it. How could I have missed THAT? :eek:

Oh, well.. if anyone has been town reading me based on me proclaiming town earlier; feel free to retract and reconsider. Obviously Scum!Me would've been paying much more attention and would have known a Lie-Detect action would not work on them, so I could've very well faked it with this intention! (Except I didn't, but I'm just saying that I could have if I were scum).

I feel like I've rambled enough already, but I'm sitting here waiting for my brother to show up so we can go to a family dinner at my other brother's place, and waiting on someone who is running late just irritates me, so I'm not even going to reread what I just typed.

Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:03 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1080, grapes wrote:It's not anymore.
Why was it before?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:13 am

Post by grapes »

Meh.

I feel like most of the townreads on me that weren't people who would probably know how to read me weren't very justified. I thought snarky's line "grapes is like nullscum at best" felt genuine cuz that's where I'd expect a town-him to be at going by whatever odd shit I posted so far.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:14 am

Post by grapes »

Are you going somewhere with this conversation?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:33 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1084, grapes wrote:Are you going somewhere with this conversation?
I've never liked the "No scum in their right mind would ever call me scum without fear, so he must be town" mentality, which is what it sounded like.

But now you're saying that it's just because his read felt genuine?
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:37 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 1070, Almost50 wrote:what would YOU have done were you scum and got invited to a hood where it says "X is Town"??
I would do nothing with it. Me and my scumbuds would already know, and the town would have no need to know.

oh and I think mastina said somewhere that yume was conftown too, I don't remember the post though
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:39 am

Post by grapes »

In post 1085, Xkfyu wrote:I've never liked the "No scum in their right mind would ever call me scum without fear, so he must be town" mentality, which is what it sounded like.

But now you're saying that it's just because his read felt genuine?
Yes there was a bit more process behind it than I initially alluded to. I'm blunt for effect sometimes.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:42 am

Post by Not Chara »

Almost50: i didn't notice Creature hinting at being the lie detector anywhere.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1088, Not Chara wrote:Almost50: i didn't notice Creature hinting at being the lie detector anywhere.
I wouldn't call it hinting either. This was more of a blatant outright claim to me:
In post 987, Creature wrote:
Varsoon

Can you confirm Almost50 is town?

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:55 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1078, grapes wrote:
In post 1073, farside22 wrote:So gut.
Why is snarky town then? His reads are surface level reads that are senseless.
If you say too scummy to be scum I'm going to vote you.

You were in the last SU if I remember correctly. What makes rr different from that game?
No. It's more than gut for sure.

Snarky is town because gut and I don't think he makes a push on you as scum. Like his vibe too.
He's also like the only person in the entire game who had the balls to call me scum.

Well that's like year old meta, so. Hard to say because I don't really remember.
Why do you think RR's town?
RR is null.
Drixx reminds me a bit about SU. Cerb I go back and forth on.
As for snarky I see nothing unusual about scum calling there scum buddy (ie: you) scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:57 am

Post by grapes »

:roll:

Why do you think I'm scum farside?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

Also, FTR:

I was in Varsoon's last game, and I was a Town Vig. The only way I could actually kill someone is if I knew/guessed their FLAVOUR name right. (that's why I immediately too the "claim at your own risk" bit as a warning, and especially since he said "I've given SCUM means to punish ..." which makes me thing a scum killer would be able to use our flavour names to kill us).

Also, the way my role worked in that game was day AND night (just not on consecutive phases). By day I'd have to submit the action coupled with the player name in thread, and PM him with the flavour name guess, and if they match then it's a kill.

By night, all would be submitted via PM, so considering the prequel worked as a night phase I figured that's why the LD didn't have to submit their action in thread (IF it was Creature).

Right now though, I do NOT think Creature is the LD, simply because he wouldn't be dying to out himself, and because I now remember my ability was on non-consecutive phases, so I'm inclined to think the LD has a similar restriction.

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:01 am

Post by grapes »

May not be the best idea to draw conclusions here based on varsoon's last couple games.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:01 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1091, grapes wrote::roll:

Why do you think I'm scum farside?
Why don't you ask snarky why he finds you scum?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:03 am

Post by Creature »

I am not a lie detector lol
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:04 am

Post by Creature »

I want to lynch Cakez
Sigh
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:05 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1096, Creature wrote:I want to lynch Cakez
I want to lynch snarky.

How does it feel to want.
:roll:
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:05 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1086, McMenno wrote:
In post 1070, Almost50 wrote:what would YOU have done were you scum and got invited to a hood where it says "X is Town"??
I would do nothing with it. Me and my scumbuds would already know, and the town would have no need to know.

oh and I think mastina said somewhere that yume was conftown too, I don't remember the post though
I don't think these two ideas are so contradictory. Not sharing that x is conftown is the pro town move to do, unless there is a decent chance the person in question will be mislynched. What scum *can't * do in that situation is fail to support that slot, but there is no reason why they need to immediately share the information with town.

With that said, the most concrete thing we can gather from this is that mastin is almost certainly town, since only in the possibility space where both Yume AND mastin are scum AND they decided it would be a great idea to guarantee that if mastin flips scum at some point Yume will always be lynched immediately afterwards...and thats incredibly implausible. If it were someone less clever than mastin, I'd say it was impossible, but as audacious as that move would be, I don't belive the risk would be worth the reward for scum!her.

So yeah, mastins conftown state should be accepted at face value, so we should act appropriately.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:13 am

Post by grapes »

In post 1094, farside22 wrote:Why don't you ask snarky why he finds you scum?
Is it scummy to care more about certain people's opinions?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”