Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 1857, DrippingGoofball wrote:Creature is def town
Alliance. I want to see if I can talk you out of that privately.
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

That should be a question mark...meh I think I am getting tipsy
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I will have a substantial post tomorrow, a lot of stuff to deal with today.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 1838, Firebringer wrote:
Spoiler: Klingoncelt Reads
In post 1546, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1106, Creature wrote:Anyone supports a scum!grapes?
I do.
In post 1544, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1070, Almost50 wrote:OK, Yume is widely town read. WHY? Is it bc Mastina said so and people are assuming that's got to be based on INFO rather than a normal read? Or is it bc Yume confirmed Mastina as Town?? And if the latter, what would YOU have done were you scum and got invited to a hood where it says "X is Town"?? Would you have even thought of keeping it to yourself, IF YOU WERE SCUM?

Maybe my mind is skewed, but I'm thinking in reverse. I'd keep it to myself for the time being as TOWN and see how people are treating the one I know to be conf!Town. I'd go out and air it as SCUM for Town!Cred and -maybe- as a means to pass some message to my peers.

But to each their own, and I'm inclined to treat this one issue as NAI, which brings me back to the original question: WHY has Yume become semi-confirmed after Mastina put her at the top of her reads??
Unless the Mod says so, no one is "c" to any degree.

"Obv", on the other hand, is acceptable.

Anyway, most of us were Townreading Mastin. Obv.

Mastin has an above-average accuracy at reading other players.

She puts Yume at the top of her Town list.

Yume is therefore ObvTown.
In post 1542, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1050, grapes wrote:So far my scummish pile is foxbird/shiro/klingon. They all feel like they're coasting and I haven't seen much from them that gives me any reason to think that they're trying solve the game at all.

Klingon is the worst because she's made the most posts and they've all been noise outside of a few bad questions and a forced SR on fire which doesn't feel like something she believes in.
VOTE: Grapes

Your white-knighting for Firebringer is noted.

And he is a Scumread.

Hey, Townies, my vote on Grapes is sheep-worthy.

Like here she makes a few reads.
Didn't go through her whole ISO, it was pretty empty of anything.
Would also sheep this.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1868, grapes wrote:Would there be a way to get me into an alliance with the entire scumpool?
Yeah. If someone had an event that let's them hand pick six players (I believe it's globally thought to be a 5-member scum team?? Plus you = 6 + the owner = 7 in total) AND they happened to know all the scum!! Piece of cake. :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1873, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Will respond to actual game content later

Who wants to play @midnight? Need 3 volunteers. It's a comedy game.
Don't mind if I do.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK, signing off..

VOTE: Not Chara

Update: RR moves up to a full town read.

Question: How sure are we that this is single-ball? I've only played one Varsoon game before, so I'm not on top of his mod-meta. I did (still do) play the game as if it was a single-ball, but then 5 scums vs 20 Town is a bit too low for my liking, so I'm thinking more like 6 scums maybe.

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1881, Almost50 wrote:OK, signing off..

Question: How sure are we that this is single-ball? I've only played one Varsoon game before, so I'm not on top of his mod-meta. I did (still do) play the game as if it was a single-ball, but then 5 scums vs 20 Town is a bit too low for my liking, so I'm thinking more like 6 scums maybe.
Varsoon very much dislikes the swinginess inherent in multiball, but this is the first game of ths size that he's ran, so it's certainly possible.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1882, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1881, Almost50 wrote:OK, signing off..

Varsoon very much dislikes the swinginess inherent in multiball, but this is the first game of ths size that he's ran, so it's certainly possible.

-Cerb
Actually, I shouldn't say he dislikes the swinginess per se. He dislikes that it creates an environment where, for scum, the general best play is to lay low and not engage in the rhetoric of rhe game, so as to keep yourself safe from the other teams shots. Instead of trying to be a paragon of towniness and unlynchable....you want to be just above the edge of lynchable, so you're safe from all the threats.

Anyways, that's my understanding of his position at least. Not that any of thst changes the fundamental point that we should make no assumptions about the setup based on Varsoon's meta.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:06 pm

Post by Yume »

Hello again.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:07 pm

Post by Killthestory »

hello

hey someone i need an alliance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:02 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 1845, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:@Fire, Fine by me.

@McMenno, you down to align still?
I believe mastin already accepted my offer
In post 1851, Creature wrote:Really want to policy lynch Obi-Wan Kenobi.

If you reveal as innocent child, they'll believe it's a mod lie.

If you flip town, they'll believe you're tailored.

And anyone you think is scum is automatically town for them.
let's not do this okay

oh and I'm x-shot weak doc xd

hey cakez are we going to do summer mafia again except I'm town this time
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1564, McMenno wrote:hey klinconcelt, rando, yume and twie... vote me you cowards

more coherent thoughts when I'm not phoneposting

possibly
Why vote for you?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:28 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1579, grapes wrote:
In post 1578, SirCakez wrote:And here is someone pushing grapes right now
Yea but look who it is. LOL

I did respond and nothing about what he said went down in the hood isn't just stretched to try and make me look bad.
There's only so much I can do while being active in thread during an 8 hour period. His posts in the hood aren't town.
"His?"

You aren't paying attention.

This isn't how you played the other SU.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Post by grapes »

I was responding to something else in the second part.

And yea no shit.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:38 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1605, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 1562, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1539, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:@Seraphim, The scumhunting?

@Mastina, You should skim their hydra in Suikoden. They were scum there. There's no scumhunting in their ISO in either place. Klingon is in my scumreads. Look at how little interactions with NC, SirCakez, RR, and Creature in their ISO.
Titus, you know better than to say that shit about me.

In a game this size there's no way I'm interacting with every player this early on Day 1.

You know that.
There's a difference between not interacting with every slot and ignoring everyslot with a wagon. I can find lots of rehashing, but you have zero comments on major events.

No comments on RR, Creature, NC, and SirCakez. You have plenty of rehashing comments. I wouldn't expect realtime interaction. I do expect thoughts.

The closest thing to a thought you have given is Titus cannot read me, which suggests I am town.
I can't read NC. Creature and Sir Cakes are Day3 reads. I'm looking at RR, RR is a Day1 read, but I want to see a couple more posts from Drixx. So far they look Town, but something's a bit off.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:53 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1643, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1400, SirCakez wrote:Me allying with Grapes is a stupid idea.
Almost50 can confirm this.
Reminder:

Please do NOT refer to anything we talk about in the hood in public unless it's ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.
"Me allying with Grapes is a stupid idea." would have sufficed in this case. :wink:
Well, it's out of the Hood now. Why is the idea stupid?
-
MiniDeathStar
kraskaesque
kraskaesque
Goon
kraskaesque
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by kraskaesque »

ok so i'm reasonably fatiqued after 20 pages of catchup and not only dealing with grapes v chara but i think i had flash backs when firebringer called yume worthless town and started to cover my eyes.

i feel comfortable being 16 pages out of date and sharing this without kraska. i skipped ahead with not chara's ISO and nothing seems to confirm or damn this at least not without deeper context, but i'm taking a crack at it because kraska was townreading them early on and bringing this up gave her some real doubt about them.

let us start with not chara's pregame play. she started out as a mediator between drixx and firebringer, but did so again between cooldog and mcmenno. in the first case, she defused conflict and claimed firebringer as townread. in the latter she reinforced cooldog's suspicions (351) after being prompted by OBK (370-371). i don't have problems with either of these actions if they wanted to stand by them. my problem begins when she attempts to make her interjection in cooldog's prod on mcmenno seem like normal behavior-
In post 461, Not Chara wrote:first few posts are just... strange, that's the only way i can think of to describe them. for one, and the lack of reading that there is not voting this phase. just trolling and asking for alliances, the latter of which is fine, while the former is annoying.
but i don't get the town-vibe from McMenno that i have with Firebringer.

not really a scumread, just a lot of posting i don't understand. like is he here for shits and giggles, or is he hunting? looking at his iso, seems to indicate he's putting together reads of some sort...?
i think it's only town to step up for both reads independently of one another. tying their behavior to a previous unrelated read seems to serve no purpose than to justify post 371 as a normal post not chara would make. i would call this an inconsistency. two similar interactions: two different conclusions. yet somehow related. i can't see town motive here.

as for grapes v chara. chara went incredibly aggro on grapes for not sorting people with them fast enough or something to that effect to having their ally buff locked down. imo, it read exactly like chara not having any patience for grapes (evident by their admission that grapes was refusing to sort sircakez and obk efficiently along with being "bored") and decided to sort him publicly. i don't really get this behavior. from the paraphrased PT we received chara never actually says that grapes is refusing to play ball, just that they aren't particularly helpful and everything was derailed by a claim request. if grapes was refusing to go further i would understand putting them in a hotseat, but since it doesn't add up fmpov it seems more likely that chara wants to paint a question mark on grapes and i'm more worried about the scum motives of this than the town motives. it did work, after all. the whole 'negative utility' page or two.

originally i thought her initial grapes townread was incredibly weak and found grapes unsortable without sorting OBK and RR. i think RR heads are allowing themselves to get baited into set up spec, how titus wouldn't do this or that and the whole we're all going to die shit gets old. OBK seems town. kraska has reservations about that last bit though.

i don't think it's fair to bring up not chara but not firebringer, who's been defending them like crazy. i like how he was trying to get under titus' skin for much of the early game. i think just by his wording and titus' responses, she was incredibly annoyed. if this is TvS, he's setting himself up to mess with titus later, and i like that. meanwhile he's so sure of a town!not chara that i seriously think he's overlooked how not chara has IMO fallen under pressure from OBK and weakly poked at mcmenno when prompted by them, only to never really stand by it in the end and trying to tie it with a different read.

VOTE: Not_Chara

i also think seraphim is really suspicious- in 1189 i really dislike his reads on farside and mcmenno. i was really liking farside the longer she stayed on OBK but how she has been reacting to not chara might put her around town lean... i think mcmenno is a lazy scumlean from people that want to get something started but don't want to put in the work to do it. menno seems like pretty good bait if he doesn't turn off noise posts in general. but if you want to take that bait, i want to see someone commit to it, and press it. furthermore his pressure on lurkers felt uninspired. if you want to go for a lurker i'd cheer for you, but he didn't, and instead threw doubt on TWIE and Xkfyu. i don't know how to describe how mundane it felt reading that... it was like seraphim wanted to come up with a reads list and confused it with the groceries they wanted to get from the store. yes please i would like two scum from this absent shelf over here.

seraphim later votes menno citing they hate them more than sircakez, and when poked by mastin about it he says they could "both could very possibly be scum" (1535) then goes into how great their reads of town motive and authenticity are while asking for mastin's mcmenno read. mastin obliges and says that seraphim is looking at one angle and that she personally feels a lack of instristic motive either way. at that point we're promised a substantial post, but i think "your reads are shit" would have sufficed if seraphim thought otherwise.

~lycan
hydra of kraska77 and lycanfire
kraskaesque
kraskaesque
Goon
kraskaesque
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:57 pm

Post by kraskaesque »

also i unapologetically sat on the hydra account and watched three episodes of dexter while doing it.

~lycan
hydra of kraska77 and lycanfire
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:30 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1693, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1555, Klingoncelt wrote: I thought Shiro was a "she."
In post 1556, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1486, Reasonably Rational wrote::( I'm sorry everyone, I have the worst toothache imaginable and will not be doing shit with this game until it stops.

-Cerb
Oh wow, get well soon!
In post 1557, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1503, Killthestory wrote:
Protect me for a free win~
[/size]
Huh?

I want to ally with you Day 2.

You're a load of laffs.
In post 1558, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1509, Firebringer wrote:Its time to kick this game into overdrive.

Varsoon Activate the Event:[/size]

Wat?
In post 1559, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1511, Not Chara wrote:Killthestory: i really hope you aren't actually an innocent child.

:?:
In post 1560, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1513, Killthestory wrote:
VARSOON, MY TRIGGER EVENT HAS COME INTO PLAY! PLEASE ACTIVATE MY TRAP CARD!
[/size]

FOR THIS PLANET IS UNTO ME, AND IF CAN'T DEFEND IT, WOE IS TO DONE TO ME!
Wat?
WHAT do these 5 posts have to do with anything, except boosting KC's post count??

@KC:

Why did you feel the need to quote 2 posts and then add "Wat?" at the bottom of each quote? Why couldn't you have put them both in one post.. if you REALLY needed to respond to them in that manner in the first place?
Is there something wrong in clarifying Shiro's gender?

I should ignore Cerb's pain and suffering?

I DO want to ally with KTS on Day2. He's a very interesting player, and he's good with reads - once he gets past loltrolling that is.

Where did KTS say he was an IC?

Firebringer and KTS both "activated" something. I should not react to that?

Every reply - every post I've made in this game is typical Klingoncelt. NAI.

You never had a problem with it before.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
-
MiniDeathStar
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:31 pm

Post by Foxbird »

In post 1886, McMenno wrote: oh and I'm x-shot weak doc xd
Why would you claim this unprompted?

Oh, and I also need a new ally for tomorrow. I'm more active in my hood than in the main thread, I promise!
(Skybird is still town though. There are other reasons.)
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:31 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1694, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Dude, Klingon isn't scumhunting. They are just padding. They have avoided substantial comment on any game event.
I sure do hope that's Beefboy posting.

Titus knows I'm a Day3 player.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:33 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1696, McMenno wrote:I don't have a vote-related role

pinky promise
I'm pretty sure someone does...

VOTE: McMenno
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:33 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

I'm not going to leave that there past the next vote count.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1720, mastin2 wrote:...There's a very high chance Klingoncelt is scum this game.
No there isn't. No chance at all.

I'm Town, Snowball.
-
MiniDeathStar

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”