Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Chuck »

In post 1472, Expedience wrote:Why are you going to have the last laugh anyway?
Seems fairly obvious. This is a 1v1 you won't win, and when you flip scum I will be vindicated. The only reason for your read on me never to change is because I'm your #1 detractor and you can't survive unless I'm dead, because if you night kill me it'll seal your death warrant. Play dumb though, see how well that works out for you.

More votes on Expedience.
In post 1473, rb wrote:Compromise lynches are usually when you lynch someone else that one of your townreads wants to lynch, but you can't get each other to agree. They're not when you lynch the target of one of your top scumreads.
when a lynch requires more than half of the players in the game there is obviously quite a fair chance both categories are involved.

So tell me why you are Garcia-ing my point to pitoli instead of letting him answer for himself?

Preview edit: Sure you will.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Man, Chuck's push on Expedience looks town.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by Chuck »

Vote him then.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:26 pm

No, because Expedience is town.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 1475, Chuck wrote:
Seems fairly obvious. This is a 1v1 you won't win, and when you flip scum I will be vindicated. The only reason for your read on me never to change is because I'm your #1 detractor and you can't survive unless I'm dead, because if you night kill me it'll seal your death warrant. Play dumb though, see how well that works out for you.

In post 1473, rb wrote:Compromise lynches are usually when you lynch someone else that one of your townreads wants to lynch, but you can't get each other to agree. They're not when you lynch the target of one of your top scumreads.
when a lynch requires more than half of the players in the game there is obviously quite a fair chance both categories are involved.

So tell me why you are Garcia-ing my point to pitoli instead of letting him answer for himself?

Preview edit: Sure you will.
You really think that when you're already at 3 votes? No, you don't.

This confidence can't be real. You went from me being confscum -> town -> confscum all with almost no foundation.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Post by Expedience »

Wait, I just realized the obvious way to do this

Chuck, I challenge you to a CLAIM DUEL!
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:03 pm

Post by RyanK »

@Mod: V/LA until 12:00 AM 10/9/2016 (GMT+8)
because I'm in vacation in the southern peninsula Malaysia, which usually has an unstable internet.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:08 pm

Post by rb »

In post 1476, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Man, Chuck's push on Expedience looks town.
Looks easily faked to me.
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:09 pm

Post by Chuck »

In post 1478, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:No, because Expedience is town.
Poppycock.

Have you read a single one of my posts?
Have you read a single one of his?

What is your reasoning?
In post 1479, Expedience wrote:
In post 1475, Chuck wrote:

You really think that when you're already at 3 votes? No, you don't.

This confidence can't be real. You went from me being confscum -> town -> confscum all with almost no foundation.
Oh can't it?

I don't need a foundation to change my mind, but I laid out at least three reasons why in my last big post:

1. Glitch flipped town. Which looks bad on you.
2. Martha flipped town. Which looks bad on you.
3. You're trying to lynch me after trying to make me look bad for using common sense in twilight.

So yes, my confidence is very real.

What I'm calling
your
bluff on, is that
your
confidence should be shattered, after that Glitch town flip. But it's not. You're full speed ahead trying to lynch the same person you threw shade on for all of yesterday, and you're doing the same thing to me that you did to him, like a mislynch isn't even a bump in the road as far as you're concerned.
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:17 pm

Post by Chuck »

In post 1482, rb wrote:
In post 1476, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Man, Chuck's push on Expedience looks town.
Looks easily faked to me.
This is mafia. Everything can be faked.
Way to throw shade on me in a way I can never defend myself from.

What did Glitch flipping town change your mind about, rb?
How about Martha? That didn't even so much as get a comment from you.

Your whole first paragraph of looks "easily faked" too, btw.

Please, tell me more about how sincere I'm supposed to believe that you are, while you nitpick at my extremely well-made case for Expedience's lynch both yesterday and today and say it sounds "easily faked."
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:18 pm

Post by Chuck »

In post 1480, Expedience wrote:Wait, I just realized the obvious way to do this

Chuck, I challenge you to a CLAIM DUEL!
Um...

How about no.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:41 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 1484, Chuck wrote:my extremely well-made case
No, this is not sincere at all.

You're posturing really hard and that's a gap

There was no mention of this new "you didn't reevaluate the flip!!" and I think you're making this up as you go along with the only real focus of "try to push him really really hard"

It's making this unenjoyable to play and i'm not sure if that's my fault or not.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:14 am

Post by Accountant »

VC 2.3
Chuck (3)
: Expedience, Cass, BlueBloodedToffee

Not Voting:
gameplay506, Saru, Dierfire, rb, RyanK, golden009, Chuck, pitoli

With 11 alive, the majority is 6.

The deadline is in (expired on 2016-09-23 14:00:30)

A gentle reminder that voting must be done with the vote tags to be counted. That's because the white rectangle is the color I look for when I do my VCs.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:19 am

VOTE: Golden
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:12 am

Post by rb »

I think that's a good lynch too.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:15 am

Post by rb »

Sorry Chuck I'm short on time but I think BBT's strong townread of your case is premature, I don't think your case itself is scum. What would I say about Martha that isn't said by flip? I already said I wasn't lynching a softclaim because if town she gets NK'd and if scum she's already caught so it's irrelevant.

Glitch being town wasn't entirely unexpected, I felt bad about the wagon. If Icd returned in time to see Glitch's exposition I woulda unvoted because it was townspill when I was doing catchup, but then thread was locked and I realised there'd been a hammer.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:16 am

Post by rb »

Just to be clear: I'm saying your push doesn't warrant a strong townread which isn't the same as saying it's scummy kk.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:19 am

Post by Dierfire »

@All @Mod

I've got some pretty bad leaking/flooding going on in my apartment right now. I'm hoping to get it cleared up by Monday, but
I'm going to have LA until it's resolved. If it's not resolved by Monday I'll request replacement.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:16 am

Post by Cass »

In post 1488, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Golden
Is this because of inactivity? Or do you think he is scum?

I think he might be, but it's near impossible to tell this way. Still, he isn't the worst lynch for today.

Unsure about the Chuck vs. Expedience thing. These kind of exchanges tend to be in my experience between townies (similar to rb vs. Gameplay), so it makes me townread both of them more (making me wary of 'claimduels') - and BBT too, because he has the same response to it.

UNVOTE: Chuck

Saru is defending rb and Chuck (means nothing now, but noted for later). His lynch pool is Ryan, Golden, Dier - this looks very opportunistic and kinda lazy. Lynch the lurkers that aren't around to defend themselves. Very safe.

VOTE: Saru
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:05 am

Post by Chuck »

In post 1491, rb wrote:Just to be clear: I'm saying your push doesn't warrant a strong townread which isn't the same as saying it's scummy kk.
kk
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:07 am

Post by Chuck »

In post 1492, Dierfire wrote:
@All @Mod

I've got some pretty bad leaking/flooding going on in my apartment right now. I'm hoping to get it cleared up by Monday, but
I'm going to have LA until it's resolved. If it's not resolved by Monday I'll request replacement.
Sorry to hear. Hope everything is well with you, and that your stuff isn't very water damaged. =\
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Saru »

In post 1466, Expedience wrote:Glitch only realized that he was lynched in , I agree that his post sounded genuine but did Chuck think that? I doubt it, his only justification for the rest of his pre-flip analysis was "if this flips town", didn't specify that he thought Glitch would flip town or why.

It wasn't like he claimed town after being hammered like you're making it seem.
See, the thing is, your scum read on Chuck feels like you're trying to fit your reasons for scum reading him into your actual scum read without having any genuine reasons, a.k.a. conf-bias. You indicated in that there was no way a town!Chuck could have possibly thought that Glitch's post before him was town, because you thought it was a scum claim(but now you're saying it was genuine). However, did you ever stop to think that Chuck never thought Glitch was town because of his hammer post? Go read again. Chuck clearly indicates he thinks the wagon on Glitch was a wagon on town because of the swing and the fact that it was built-up quickly while Glitch was gone. At no point did Chuck ever say he thought was genuine or a town claim. This is what YOU said he thought, not what he actually thought. His indicates this even further.
Not really, I think you're reading too much into that. I can make up my own story as to how it has scum motivation just as easily.
So, I'm reading too much into rb's responses, but you're not reading too much into Chuck's responses? I can also make up my own story as to how what Chuck did has town motivation just as easily, but guess what, that's not a real argument, that's just a counter-punch. How about giving some actual reasons as to why I'm reading too much into what rb said and then we can have a real discussion about it?
In post 1462, Expedience wrote:You're right I know, he feels town to me though and I think it's more than just that

Okay, "passive involvement" is an oxymoron.

It's not forced, it's a weak gut read that you got bothered by semantics. I just think that BBT is scumreading him for null things.
This doesn't make much sense. Let's see: you admit that you have MORE reasons other than the ones initially stated to be town reading Dier(but you never give them), but you also agree that your words "passive involvement" is an oxymoron(which was your only reason stated to be town reading Dier), yet you still have Dier as a gut town read instead of null? Why are you town reading Dier for something you admit is BS and also something you admit is null at best. That doesn't add up and clearly looks forced.
In post 1469, rb wrote:I think with Saru, they made good points against Dierfire initially but it was an overreaction. The stuff Dier said was flimsy but when I re-read it didn't feel scummy, just genuinely flimsy. I think a few people detected that too, people who I townread strongly and I don't think would be buddying scum and/or defending a scumbuddy.

So even though Saru was right that Dier's entrance kinda sucked, I don't think Dier's entrance was scummy and I felt like Saru sat with that a lot and hasn't done much outside of that.

His game also fits the pattern of lurkerscum pretty much to a T. Make some decent, coherent and thoughtful posts, disappear, never really get too involved or interact overly much, low profile.
Did you read what I said about my interactions with Dier? . My goal with Dier was to get to understand him better because I can never read him. It wasn't an overreaction more than it was something to see if I could place him either way, which I didn't succeed in, which is why I stopped trying. I would have to disagree that my push onto Dier didn't allow me to interact outside of that or be a catalyst for interaction. I had questions for golden about his weak sheep of me onto Dier, which he neglected to keep answering after a while, as well as general questions that help me sort people into reads. I'm not going to be a catalyst for interaction just for the sake of it, if that's what you mean. If I feel something is suspicious or I'm confused about it, I will investigate further with questioning and a back-and-forth discussion(i.e. Dierfire). I'm not going to be like Ryan and just throw out questions to force/fake activity, which is what scum tends to do.

You also say in that my posts fit the lurker-scum persona better than Dierfire, but the definition you gave for lurker-scum is exactly what Dier has been doing as well, but I'm supposedly a better lynch? Not sure how you justify that.
In post 1493, Cass wrote:Saru is defending rb and Chuck (means nothing now, but noted for later). His lynch pool is Ryan, Golden, Dier - this looks very opportunistic and kinda lazy. Lynch the lurkers that aren't around to defend themselves. Very safe.
This is false. I gave reasons as to why they were in my lynch pool(). To be fair, it's something that comes out of PoE because I have lots of town/null-town reads, so I don't necessarily think that (Ryan, Golden, Dier) is the scum team; this is very unlikely, but I'm working within my reads at the moment. If they change, my lynch pool will also change.

I would also have to disagree that Ryan or Dier have been lurkers. As rb stated, Ryan is around to answer questions pretty much 24/7(at-least he was on D1) and so I don't see how Ryan would never be around to defend himself. And as previously stated, Dier is someone who tries to come in once a day and comb through the game and gives updated reads and answer questions. He's not a lurker. The only one who could be considered one at this point is Golden, but he's being replaced so I have him on the back-burner until his replacement shows up.
Currently Playing:
N/A
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Chuck »

In post 1493, Cass wrote:[Saru's] lynch pool is Ryan, Golden, Dier - this looks very opportunistic and kinda lazy. Lynch the lurkers that aren't around to defend themselves. Very safe.

VOTE: Saru
How is this any different than what Expedience did yesterday?
In post 908, Expedience wrote:frankly unacceptable lynches: gameplay, ryan, martha, rb
meh lynches: cass, saru, dierfire, golden009, pitoli
good shit lynches: bbt, chuck, glitch

I've decided that Chuck's confidence is in fact sickening, this contradicts my earlier statement that he was town for those following my posts closely. We have to purge lurkers in this game btw
It's like you're willfully trying to ignore how scummy Expedience is.

No. Vote him.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Expedience »

ok VOTE: golden
Chuck
Chuck