Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2067, Yume wrote:Well, let's test that out

VOTE: SC
Fine. If NC is not happening, this might:

VOTE: Creature

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 2123, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1963, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Won by murdering us because we were the only slot suspecting them.
Don't bring up a game where I'm scum and expect me to let you paint it in that light, no matter the reason, Titus.
I killed you because you were conftown and I couldn't let you live.
Otherwise, never woulda touched you. Your 1v1 with me was IMMENSELY helpful: it created so much noise, so much friction, so much heat, that it was doing nothing but making me look townier with every post. Attacking me was only damaging your rep. Attack me was only HELPING me.

So, take my advice, Titus: Please trust me, don't attack Not Chara.
You're not doing yourself any favors with it.
Hey, you can lecture or help. I haven't engaged them significantly in 10-15 pages.

I cannot help if town players are so full of their own egos. You attacked me because you could get away with it. Exactly what Cakey is doing. You see me engaging him? No, beyond giving him a chance to produce a Town!Titus world reads list.

I have been trying to get my townreads to all agree on an acceptable lynch that doesn't ruin my plans and promote things for after our death.

P.s. Can we all agree if there's a poison doc heal KTS, k thx bye.
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 2125, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2067, Yume wrote:Well, let's test that out

VOTE: SC
Fine. If NC is not happening, this might:

VOTE: Creature
Nc is the largest wagon and SC stands for SirCakez.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1997, TheWayItEnds wrote:Uh. Mastin i have like 6 posts and you never townread me early. this is weird.
Dealwithit.
I'm conftown and not in a position to negotiate my townread on you. :P
In post 1998, TheWayItEnds wrote:what happened to the Cakez wagon?
i like that one.
The McMenno counterwagon happened, and in desperation, I had to direct attention onto Reasonably Rational (a secondary lynch candidate) to halt the stupid shiny.

Now we're just debating WHICH scumbag to lynch within SirCakez/RR/Cooldog/Klingoncelt/Xkfyu with some also on Not Chara.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2079, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:You asked us to trust your claim with Yume (
and Yume's town independently
) but you are refusing to consider me vouching for RR.
And therein lies your reason for why.

Yume was town even before the claim.

Reasonably Rational...isn't.
Very much so, is. not. town.

For Yume, there can be trust that Yume is conftown for multiple reasons. Yume was a townread before. I was a townread before. We are confirming each other as town. This is a MUTUAL CONFIRMATION. It's not just off of reads but off of mod-given info. Not mod-given info that leaves room for ambiguity (say, a fruit vend), mod-given info that is absolute short of bastard modding confirmation of a player being town, and this is not a bastard modded game.

For RR, you're telling me their role is town, but everything you're saying is that RR's ability is something YOU THINK,
THINK
, is town. Believe. As in, there's room for ambiguity. You're not saying RR has an IC-like, hard, mod-confirmed, ABSOLUTE TRUTH, ability. And until you do, I'm not dropping my push. And even if you do, I expect hard proof because if I don't have evidence that RR is mod-confirmed town, I'm going to lynch them. (I don't care if they make an excuse for their ability not working, I'm lynching them PERIOD if you say that they have a power that will mod-confirm them as town and it does not trigger.)
They could claim to be a triple-voting doctor-cop hybrid for all I care and I wouldn't believe them. Because that's an AMBIGUOUS confirm. Rather than a HARD TRUTH mod confirm.

Add in that this is NOT Reasonably Rational's towngame, and...yeah.
My academy.
Agnigi
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by SnarkySnowman »

In post 2109, SnarkySnowman wrote:Well, now I'm like 35 pages behind wp guys
Not sure if anything has changed but I liked Creature as town last I read.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2086, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:farside, Yume, myself, you, and almost will all do Cakey. Let's do that rather than argue over your read.
FINE.
VOTE: SirCakez.
My academy.
Agnigi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 2129, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2079, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:You asked us to trust your claim with Yume (
and Yume's town independently
) but you are refusing to consider me vouching for RR.
And therein lies your reason for why.

Yume was town even before the claim.

Reasonably Rational...isn't.
Very much so, is. not. town.

For Yume, there can be trust that Yume is conftown for multiple reasons. Yume was a townread before. I was a townread before. We are confirming each other as town. This is a MUTUAL CONFIRMATION. It's not just off of reads but off of mod-given info. Not mod-given info that leaves room for ambiguity (say, a fruit vend), mod-given info that is absolute short of bastard modding confirmation of a player being town, and this is not a bastard modded game.

For RR, you're telling me their role is town, but everything you're saying is that RR's ability is something YOU THINK,
THINK
, is town. Believe. As in, there's room for ambiguity. You're not saying RR has an IC-like, hard, mod-confirmed, ABSOLUTE TRUTH, ability. And until you do, I'm not dropping my push. And even if you do, I expect hard proof because if I don't have evidence that RR is mod-confirmed town, I'm going to lynch them. (I don't care if they make an excuse for their ability not working, I'm lynching them PERIOD if you say that they have a power that will mod-confirm them as town and it does not trigger.)
They could claim to be a triple-voting doctor-cop hybrid for all I care and I wouldn't believe them. Because that's an AMBIGUOUS confirm. Rather than a HARD TRUTH mod confirm.

Add in that this is NOT Reasonably Rational's towngame, and...yeah.
He can guarantee either me you or Yume survives the first NK against us through a public event. Yeah, I said it. Rr will probably hate me for it. Yes, that is worth letting live until he has to trigger it.
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 2131, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2086, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:farside, Yume, myself, you, and almost will all do Cakey. Let's do that rather than argue over your read.
FINE.
VOTE: SirCakez.
VOTE: SirCakez[/vote]
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

VOTE: SirCakez
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2100, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2099, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1881, Almost50 wrote:Question: How sure are we that this is single-ball?
V never gives confirmation of single-ball, but I'll eat three eggs in one bite if this game turns up multiball.
I'm positive it's not.
Plus, you people who keep on thinking, "X is scum, and Y also is scum, but they're attacking each other" keep jumping to the wrong conclusion. It's not "opposite scum". It's not even "bussing scum", not yet anyway.
It's that you're wrong about one of your scumreads, and might be right on the other one, but are definitely wrong on at least one.
How do you know this?
mastina
used "
Common Sense
"!
...It's not very effective.
My academy.
Agnigi
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2042, Firebringer wrote:Actually I may just give it to shiro.
Please don't do that.
Kts, almost, obi like seriously that shit would make obi happy and I won't have to read another day of let's lynch nc.
In post 2047, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 2045, Firebringer wrote:What if we lynched almost today?
You unvote Klingon, we are voting NC. Almost is town.
I agree with the almost read.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2099, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1881, Almost50 wrote:Question: How sure are we that this is single-ball?
V never gives confirmation of single-ball, but I'll eat three eggs in one bite if this game turns up multiball.
I'm positive it's not.

Plus, you people who keep on thinking, "X is scum, and Y also is scum, but they're attacking each other" keep jumping to the wrong conclusion. It's not "opposite scum". It's not even "bussing scum", not yet anyway.

It's that you're wrong about one of your scumreads, and might be right on the other one, but are definitely wrong on at least one.

Go ahead and ask me how I know this.
I didn't consider the possibility of MB for that. I did it bc I thought I had way too few scum reads at the time (I had 4), so I was thinking maybe it'd be bc one scum team is better at hiding amidst the rest of us and outing the vulnerable members of the other team.

Anyway, please try to get along with Titus. You two going head-to-head and being stubborn about it is VERY detrimental to town. I know bc I used a Zach vs Dunn similar situation to my benefit as scum recently. Get 2 town leaders going against eachother and you might as well take control of the game if you make the right moves (and -of course- Lady Luck favours you).

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 2132, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote: He can guarantee either me you or Yume survives the first NK against us through a public event. Yeah, I said it. Rr will probably hate me for it. Yes, that is worth letting live until he has to trigger it.
I can live with that living... Today.

VOTE: SirCakez

choo-choo
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2056, Foxbird wrote:So McMenno has not answered my question about his claim. Noted.

Farside, if you still wanna ally, I'm totally up for it. You could also go with Skybird, she's town.

I also dislike Almost50's unexplained townread on me (and Skybird, to an extent). If you don't/can't comment because neither of us have posted much, fine, but why is that worthy of a full townread? Townlean on Xk is also bad.

pedit: Someone explain the Almost50 townreads to me? Is it just because of the joyride?
I'm leaning towards skybird because she maybe can understand my crazy brain.
I'd align with kilts mostly just to have someone that will make me laugh during the game.
I'd chat with you mostly because I haven't heard much from you and I'm not sure what your thoughts process is currentky.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2115, Reasonably Rational wrote:Also, wtf mastin? I *DON'T* have firm stances on thing this early fucking ever.
Yes you do.
You don't know that you do.
Because you don't notice it the way I do.
But as town, there's always something about the way you go about your posting: you are getting further into the game.
As scum, you are just setting up pieces for the endgame, manipulating stances, manipulating players.

I'm flat-out saying I know you better than YOU know you.

You're hiding behind your job right now.
But I've seen you play with that job, both when legitimately hindered by it and when you managed to play hard without hindrance in spite of the job.

This is neither.
As town, you are ALWAYS better than you think you are at giving content. You are ALWAYS better than you think you are at broadcasting your alignment, and at making your town wincon known. You are ALWAYS better at revealing yourself as town than you give yourself credit for, because you always have this energy about you which radiates a sincere effort to figure out the game, and a sincere effort to find scum.

As scum, you always play the long-game. As scum, you hide behind the excuse of not being an early-game player. As scum, you claim that you're not that good early-on, and maybe you think it's true. But I know better than that. As scum, your aim is to carefully wait until you're in a position where you think you have the game under control.

And that's what you've been doing: waiting. Stalling. Manipulating.
Not gamesolving.
Not revealing yourself as town.
Not putting in effort in the time you have available.
My academy.
Agnigi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 2140, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2115, Reasonably Rational wrote:Also, wtf mastin? I *DON'T* have firm stances on thing this early fucking ever.
Yes you do.
You don't know that you do.
Because you don't notice it the way I do.
But as town, there's always something about the way you go about your posting: you are getting further into the game.
As scum, you are just setting up pieces for the endgame, manipulating stances, manipulating players.

I'm flat-out saying I know you better than YOU know you.

You're hiding behind your job right now.
But I've seen you play with that job, both when legitimately hindered by it and when you managed to play hard without hindrance in spite of the job.

This is neither.
As town, you are ALWAYS better than you think you are at giving content. You are ALWAYS better than you think you are at broadcasting your alignment, and at making your town wincon known. You are ALWAYS better at revealing yourself as town than you give yourself credit for, because you always have this energy about you which radiates a sincere effort to figure out the game, and a sincere effort to find scum.

As scum, you always play the long-game. As scum, you hide behind the excuse of not being an early-game player. As scum, you claim that you're not that good early-on, and maybe you think it's true. But I know better than that. As scum, your aim is to carefully wait until you're in a position where you think you have the game under control.

And that's what you've been doing: waiting. Stalling. Manipulating.
Not gamesolving.
Not revealing yourself as town.
Not putting in effort in the time you have available.
I had this very same fight with Drixx in the newbie queue.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2119, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Full heartedly disagree. Every post is doing something from SirCakez. They scream he is failing scum. His whatever it is towards our slot is not solving the game, but rather giving him an excuse to hide. He's filtering everything through that impossible lens so he can walk back his reads later.
we agree that Cakey is not progressing the game forward but not in any way but he does convey things when he talks.
You say you disagree, and yet you're just saying the same thing in different words about him. "Not solving the game" is not doing anything. "An excuse to hide" is not doing anything. "Convey things when he talks" doesn't mean he does something when he talks.

That's my point.
All of my scumreads have this in common: iso Cooldog, it's like a lurkier shorter version of SirCakez's iso. You already know about Klingoncelt. And Xkfyu? Like an even lurkier, shorter version of Cooldog's iso.
Not Chara may or may not have it, which is one reason why it dropped in my scumreads: when I was convinced it did, it was a scumread; when I lost that confidence (but still saw it as possible), Not Chara dropped to its current position.

But Reasonably Rational has done the same.
I'd also like to point out that Drixx has been doing nothing this game as well. It's BOTH heads, not just one. I'm not pushing that point yet because I haven't done my research to know what's going on in Drixx's life right now and how active Drixx is in the RR hydra in general, but it's something that I can't help but notice: not only does he not speak often, but also when he does, he's doing nothing, just like Cerb.
My academy.
Agnigi
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by farside22 »

Ftr I've been chatting in the joy ride with Sue cakez more and I don't see him as scum

Would lynch Shiro, rr, snarky, grapes (I know this is odd but it's tries hard and from what I remember of grapes he doesn't make bad pushes) and some player that I'm missing in my leaning scum category of random and dgb (yes dgb does bus as scum)
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2122, McMenno wrote:what happened to your desire to lynch not chara?
Not gone, but diminished between a combination of factors:
Not Chara did posting which made me doubt my read on it.
I recognized that Not Chara's defenders had made some valid points.
And most importantly, my scumread on other players grew stronger than my scumread on Not Chara, both past and present levels of that scumread.

Between those three, I'll lynch Not Chara if I must, but instead of it being a surefire scum lynch, we're talking 60/40 odds here: not ideal. So, while there's still a higher chance than default of Not Chara being scum, it is much, MUCH lower than my other suspects.
My academy.
Agnigi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 2143, farside22 wrote:Ftr I've been chatting in the joy ride with Sue cakez more and I don't see him as scum

Would lynch Shiro, rr, snarky, grapes (I know this is odd but it's tries hard and from what I remember of grapes he doesn't make bad pushes) and some player that I'm missing in my leaning scum category of random and dgb (yes dgb does bus as scum)
Wow...practically the only thing I agree with here is that DGB busses as scum.

Mystical Cakey townread come on.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2125, Almost50 wrote:Fine. If NC is not happening, this might: VOTE: Creature
Over my dead body.

You remember how in Gistou, I was the moderator, and was basically tearing my hair out, out of frustration, with the motherly screaming of, "YOU ARE BEING MORONS", and how
badly
I wanted to intervene and tell you as much?

Yeah, well, this game, I'm not a moderator; I'm a player.
So I can intervene and say:
YOU ARE BEING MORONS.
My academy.
Agnigi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 2142, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2119, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Full heartedly disagree. Every post is doing something from SirCakez. They scream he is failing scum. His whatever it is towards our slot is not solving the game, but rather giving him an excuse to hide. He's filtering everything through that impossible lens so he can walk back his reads later.
we agree that Cakey is not progressing the game forward but not in any way but he does convey things when he talks.
You say you disagree, and yet you're just saying the same thing in different words about him. "Not solving the game" is not doing anything. "An excuse to hide" is not doing anything. "Convey things when he talks" doesn't mean he does something when he talks.

That's my point.
All of my scumreads have this in common: iso Cooldog, it's like a lurkier shorter version of SirCakez's iso. You already know about Klingoncelt. And Xkfyu? Like an even lurkier, shorter version of Cooldog's iso.
Not Chara may or may not have it, which is one reason why it dropped in my scumreads: when I was convinced it did, it was a scumread; when I lost that confidence (but still saw it as possible), Not Chara dropped to its current position.

But Reasonably Rational has done the same.
I'd also like to point out that Drixx has been doing nothing this game as well. It's BOTH heads, not just one. I'm not pushing that point yet because I haven't done my research to know what's going on in Drixx's life right now and how active Drixx is in the RR hydra in general, but it's something that I can't help but notice: not only does he not speak often, but also when he does, he's doing nothing, just like Cerb.
Totally disagree but it's the biggest one we disagree on. RR v Creature can happen AFTER we lynch the ones we agree on.
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 2146, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2125, Almost50 wrote:Fine. If NC is not happening, this might: VOTE: Creature
Over my dead body.

You remember how in Gistou, I was the moderator, and was basically tearing my hair out, out of frustration, with the motherly screaming of, "YOU ARE BEING MORONS", and how
badly
I wanted to intervene and tell you as much?

Yeah, well, this game, I'm not a moderator; I'm a player.
So I can intervene and say:
YOU ARE BEING MORONS.
Your Titus impression is terrible. Needs more frustration. [/joke]
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2132, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:He can guarantee either me you or Yume survives the first NK against us through a public event. Yeah, I said it. Rr will probably hate me for it. Yes, that is worth letting live until he has to trigger it.
I rest my case.
That's a scum power.

I guarantee you, it's a scum power.
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”