Eleven
Goon
Eleven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3975 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Eleven »

Vote Count 3.10

[5] DiamondSentinel ~ Medical Junkies, Aristophanes, BROseidon, Firebringer, Grib
[3] MagnaofIllusion ~ Gammagooey, hiplop, Cephrir
[2] hiplop ~ DiamondSentinel, MagnaofIllusion

[3] Not Voting ~ SnowStorm, Transcend, Zulfy

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch!

Deadline is at (expired on 2016-09-20 12:00:00).

A Faraday/KittyMo hydra.

/in to replace for Kids TV Characters Mafia!!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3976 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

I hope that I'm a VT hidden Supersaint. That'd be awesome. I would really love that .
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3977 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

ISO'ing MoI. This post is really confusing to me.
In post 827, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I regret engaging Cheetory on Snarky when he first questioned my Snarky read if only because in hindsight I probably should have given Snarky some more rope to hang himself with. But that’s out the door. is not a post Town Snarky makes. His complete lack of reaction to my post on my success of reading him in the past makes sense from a scum perspective. I had called him scum but my vote was still on Diamond. Best course of action is not to “poke the bear” and maybe let my early read wash away in the obvious tidal wave of posts every Large game gets Day 1.

On top of Snarky and hiplop I’d also be satisfied with a camntsuki wagon after that weak-ass entrance. After supposedly reading 24 pages of material.

@farside
– please positive confirm or deny Diamond’s assertion in that you claimed a Negative Utility role on Page 5.

--

Hiplop’s reaction to my mild prodding is also makes me lean scum on him. Looks like the fake outrage Radiant Cowbells is probably the best template for this type of play on-site currently. His follow-up to it was to toss out some buzzwords (“Throw Shade, Fencesit”) and cobble together a small case to support his OMGUS which ironically is an attempt to “look busy” given he accused me of that exact fact.

But let’s address something that I think got away in the hiplop’s initial spamming –
In post 424, hiplop wrote:THE FACT THAT HE SAYS THE "OH THIS BIG FIGHT IS TVT" IS REAL FUCKING BAD
Suddenly the context of your initial supposed scum play on me just changed here. Fence-sitting is not taking any position. Calling the Cheet / Fox slap-fight a Town versus Town fight would be the exact opposite of that. The fact you can’t even be sure what I am supposedly scum for doing is a sign you aren’t scum-hunting but just looking to find things you can paint as scummy.

We know I never called it TvT so this quote is a lie. Furthermore several people actually did call it TvT and you somehow didn’t bother to call them scum for it. Why is that?
In post 736, hiplop wrote:eh snarky gets lynched day one like literally every game
Nope. In fact he didn’t get lynched as Town Day 1 in any of my joint games with him. Try again to dissuade a wagon on him?
In post 752, hiplop wrote:It just

never feels good to lynch that snowman
Yup you did.
In post 769, hiplop wrote:snarky being lynchbait is irrefutable, is what I am saying
Ooo and again.
In post 777, hiplop wrote:VOTE: snarky

trusting you. Can't read the snowman
And the 180 based 100% on sheeping others when you’ve just made multiple statements about how he’s not a good lynch?

Awkward Bus Hop Engage!

--
In post 373, Medical Junkies wrote:As far as negative utility roles are concerned, I'm against the idea. I have reasons, but I can't as explaining would break a rule.
I think I know where this is coming from and if so I disagree completely. But for the record … is your “breaking rules” related to your recent finished Princess Bride game? If so having a Miller or Ascetic not claim based on that game makes no sense to me.

--
In post 617, DiamondSentinel wrote:4. Yeah, no way. Every game will have, if not a miller, than an ascetic.
This is bad. Given your ranting in the Dead Thread and postgame of Shos’ Mini I think you need to leave set-up spec / analysis to others because you don’t seem very proficient at it.
In post 618, DiamondSentinel wrote:Page 2: farside's saying "this is something my son watched" leaves me uneasy. It was a "crumb" about her flavor, even though nobody asked for it. I know it doesn't give much at all, but it still leaves me uneasy.
Why in any way, shape or form do you think it is in any way alignment indicative? This isn’t the first time you’ve floated this.
It starts with a U-turn on his Snarky read, which went from town to scum with a vote in a previous post. Then he goes on to expand his scum read on hiplop and attack him because he was defending Snarky. It's just weird.

MoI, how do you feel about this? You were right when you first started town reading Snarky, as was hiplop. How does this affect your hiplop read?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3978 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

That post does not show a Town read on Snarky ...

Why do you think that at all?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3979 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 3978, MagnaofIllusion wrote:That post does not show a Town read on Snarky ...

Why do you think that at all?
Oh. Wait. My bad. I was under the impression you were town reading Snarky in the beginning with your exchange with Cheetory (why else would you pull up past games where both of you were town?), but you were actually using your past experience with town-Snarky to give some credibility to your scum read on him. Which isn't any better.

First, you're basing a scum read on experience with town-games. You had no meta on Snarky-scum but you just assumed he wasn't town because you couldn't see it. This is a wrong approach to scumhunting and the strength of your read was not natural. If you're good at reading town-Snarky you should have given him some time, not jump right away to the conclusion that he was scum.

Second, you had enough experience to know he was lynchbait, a nice target for scum and easily lynchable. And instead of looking out for possible scum trying to push an easy mislynch you made their job easier.

It doesn't make sense.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3980 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:42 am

Post by Transcend »

k i really just want a flip for more information

this probably greens but

VOTE: DiamondSentinel

L-1.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3981 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:09 am

Post by Zulfy »

I could do what I always do and just hammer for time.

But I wanna win for once.
no investigation no right to speak
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3982 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:14 am

In post 3979, SnowStorm wrote:First, you're basing a scum read on experience with town-games. You had no meta on Snarky-scum but you just assumed he wasn't town because you couldn't see it. This is a wrong approach to scumhunting and the strength of your read was not natural. If you're good at reading town-Snarky you should have given him some time, not jump right away to the conclusion that he was scum.
See now I know you have no clue what you are talking about. Or maybe scum looking for angles. How do you think in all those other games I Town-read Snarky? It wasn’t magic. It was that I had done research into his scum games and perceived differences between those games and the games where I Town read him. So stating I have no-meta on Snarky scum is just stupid. Unless you are one of those who say “You can only have meta from games you shared” in which case I say “Nah, that’s stupid”.

As for the rest of this post I don’t particularly care whether you think it is a proper approach to scum-hunting given you don’t have a clue what you are talking about regarding how I read Snarky.
In post 3979, SnowStorm wrote:Second, you had enough experience to know he was lynchbait, a nice target for scum and easily lynchable.
And instead of looking out for possible scum trying to push an easy mislynch you made their job easier.
So what’s your point here? That if I read someone who is a VI as scum I can’t possibly push them as such because they might be Town? News flash – VI players pull scum roles too. In fact part of the contribution to a recent game both Snarky Town and I Town lost was due to having too many Vis floating around and not lynching the scum VI hiding in among the Town Vis. In fact one of the reasons BTD didn’t get lynched is for the exact same reason you are stating – he’s lynchbaity and the Day 1 heat on him read as scum pushing on an easy lynch. And so several Town players (including myself) didn’t want to lynch him Day 1 for that reason.

And the bolded is ironic since the number one protector of Snarky Day 1 was Imperium who was scum. I’m curious why you are just ignoring that fact in your little “You made it too easy for scum”.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3983 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:57 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

I'd say best of luck, but even Lady Luck can't save this town now.

Also, I'd give advice, but nobody will listen to it. Well, some passing thoughts before I sign off.

Fuck you Broseidon.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3984 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:58 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 3981, Zulfy wrote:I could do what I always do and just hammer for time.

But I wanna win for once.
How do you know that hammering Diamond isn't a winning move?

UNVOTE:
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3985 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:58 am

Post by Transcend »

I might've been disgustingly horribly wrong about farside.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3986 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:04 am

In post 3984, Transcend wrote:How do you know that hammering Diamond isn't a winning move?

UNVOTE:
You think Diamond is probably flipping Green so I'm confused as you seeing this as some scum-slip.

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3987 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:06 am

Post by Transcend »

I don't understand Zulfy's hesitation when he's been neutral all game lol
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3988 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:09 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 3985, Transcend wrote:I might've been disgustingly horribly wrong about farside.
I'd do a flash wagon on Zulfy tbh, even if it means letting DS live another day.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3989 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:10 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 3983, DiamondSentinel wrote:Fuck you Broseidon.
Go fuck yourself. Seriously, you're a massive asshole who needs to understand how not to make people want to punch him in the face.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3990 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:45 am

Post by hiplop »

VOTE: ds

Bro is lovely
third best scummer of all time
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3991 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:47 am

Post by Transcend »

ith i guess

i think the only person i would actually mind getting lynched is ceph

but i'm actually down for that flashhammer idea.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3992 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:04 am

In post 3990, hiplop wrote:VOTE: ds

Bro is lovely
If DS is Town and this isn't dead by the end of Day tomorrow then there is absolutely zero hope for Town this game ...

Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3993 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:36 am

Post by Zulfy »

I would't mind too much either, if I'm being perfectly honest.

Would like to kick ass tho. Will have more free time on Thursday, would like to know all the g-dang claims.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3994 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:40 am

Post by Zulfy »

In post 3987, Transcend wrote:I don't understand Zulfy's hesitation when he's been neutral all game lol
Untrue.

Will pick you up.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3995 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:54 am

Post by Transcend »

Meh.

All the claims are confusing as eff.

I believe at most one (1) joat claim is real.

I don't extremely buy moi
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3996 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:06 am

Post by hiplop »

moi/ds are prob scum
third best scummer of all time
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3997 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:16 am

Post by Transcend »

Joat is fairly stacked imo. Would this game be stacked enough to have two joats?

Serious question, i wanna know if 2 joats is plausible for a theme park game.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3998 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:16 am

Post by Grib »

Gamma: Hide with Magna.

He and I will protect you.

Mafia can only block one of us.

We need to solve the main ITT issues.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3999 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Grib »

In post 3997, Transcend wrote:Joat is fairly stacked imo. Would this game be stacked enough to have two joats?

Serious question, i wanna know if 2 joats is plausible for a theme park game.
One town one scum is more likely.

Could also be a red herring, but eh.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”