MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4000 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:29 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 3998, Grib wrote:Gamma: Hide with Magna.

He and I will protect you.

Mafia can only block one of us.

We need to solve the main ITT issues.
You know if he Hides he doesn't need protection because he can't be targeted, right?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4001 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Grib »

derp

leave me and my stupid brain alone
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4002 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Grib »

Anyway, he should hide with Magna.

I think if he tries to hide with anyone else, or refuse to use his ability, he should probably be lynched.

town g > scum m = he dies, we lynch Magna
town g > town m = Magna is clear
scum g > town m = Magna is still clear

I'm discarding worlds where they're scum together.

Magna should be protected, in case they're both town and the mafia kill Magna. I can protect him, but someone else should also do so because lol roleblock possibility.

Is that okay?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4003 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3997, Transcend wrote:Joat is fairly stacked imo. Would this game be stacked enough to have two joats?

Serious question, i wanna know if 2 joats is plausible for a theme park game.
it is plausible enough for any duplicate role to exist in any game that you should never lynch on that alone

if i saw two JOATs in a mini normal game i probably would still not care -- many mods think it's fun to subvert expectations a little and force towns to scumhunt/punish them for trying not to scumhunt, and frankly i think it's good for the health of the game
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4004 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:57 am

Post by SnowStorm »

Grib wrote:Anyway, he should hide with Magna.

I think if he tries to hide with anyone else, or refuse to use his ability, he should probably be lynched.

town g > scum m = he dies, we lynch Magna
town g > town m = Magna is clear
scum g > town m = Magna is still clear

I'm discarding worlds where they're scum together.

Magna should be protected, in case they're both town and the mafia kill Magna. I can protect him, but someone else should also do so because lol roleblock possibility.

Is that okay?
No.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4005 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:59 am

Don't want Gamma to be forced to clear me if he's scum who can't actually hide perchance?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4006 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Firebringer »

I have zero motivation in this game right now. Please lynch DS.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4007 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:10 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Firebringer, I know you know I'm town.

Also, someone look into Zulfy tonight. That might have been a scum slip.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4008 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:33 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 3982, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 3979, SnowStorm wrote:First, you're basing a scum read on experience with town-games. You had no meta on Snarky-scum but you just assumed he wasn't town because you couldn't see it. This is a wrong approach to scumhunting and the strength of your read was not natural. If you're good at reading town-Snarky you should have given him some time, not jump right away to the conclusion that he was scum.
See now I know you have no clue what you are talking about. Or maybe scum looking for angles. How do you think in all those other games I Town-read Snarky? It wasn’t magic. It was that I had done research into his scum games and perceived differences between those games and the games where I Town read him. So stating I have no-meta on Snarky scum is just stupid. Unless you are one of those who say “You can only have meta from games you shared” in which case I say “Nah, that’s stupid”.
The thing is, you did not use a single argument based on scum-meta. All of your arguments were some variation of "I've never seen Snarky do this as town", "Snarky town wouldn't say this", with several mentions of your previous experience with town-Snarky to support them. So if you do have scum meta on Snarky, why did you use only town meta to scum read him?
In post 3982, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 3979, SnowStorm wrote:Second, you had enough experience to know he was lynchbait, a nice target for scum and easily lynchable.
And instead of looking out for possible scum trying to push an easy mislynch you made their job easier.
So what’s your point here? That if I read someone who is a VI as scum I can’t possibly push them as such because they might be Town? News flash – VI players pull scum roles too. In fact part of the contribution to a recent game both Snarky Town and I Town lost was due to having too many Vis floating around and not lynching the scum VI hiding in among the Town Vis. In fact one of the reasons BTD didn’t get lynched is for the exact same reason you are stating – he’s lynchbaity and the Day 1 heat on him read as scum pushing on an easy lynch. And so several Town players (including myself) didn’t want to lynch him Day 1 for that reason.

And the bolded is ironic since the number one protector of Snarky Day 1 was Imperium who was scum. I’m curious why you are just ignoring that fact in your little “You made it too easy for scum”.
VI's can be scum, sure, and that sucks since most can be difficult to read, but you claimed to be proficient at reading Snarky. Yet you did not put much effort into it. You put more effort into giving your read some credibility and convincing other people that Snarky was scum, than actually reading him. You barely interacted with him and you were already scum reading him. You ignored all the particularities of the slot, namely it's VI'ness and jumped right into a scum read. Nothing in your ISO tells me you tried to read Snarky or even give him a chance to show he was town, nothing. It shows a scum mindset.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4009 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:34 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 4005, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Don't want Gamma to be forced to clear me if he's scum who can't actually hide perchance?
Why trade one for one, when we can get one without giving one back.

VOTE: MoI.
Eleven
Eleven
Goon
Eleven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4010 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Eleven »

Vote Count 3.11

[6] DiamondSentinel ~ Medical Junkies, Aristophanes, BROseidon, Firebringer, Grib, hiplop
[3] MagnaofIllusion ~ Gammagooey, Cephrir, SnowStorm
[2] hiplop ~ DiamondSentinel, MagnaofIllusion

[2] Not Voting ~ Zulfy, Transcend

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch!

Deadline is at (expired on 2016-09-20 12:00:00).

A Faraday/KittyMo hydra.

/in to replace for Kids TV Characters Mafia!!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4011 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:43 am

In post 4008, SnowStorm wrote:The thing is, you did not use a single argument based on scum-meta. All of your arguments were some variation of "I've never seen Snarky do this as town", "Snarky town wouldn't say this", with several mentions of your previous experience with town-Snarky to support them. So if you do have scum meta on Snarky, why did you use only town meta to scum read him?
Why do you ask stupid questions? I’m serious – the inherent context of me saying “Town Snarky doesn’t make that post” is that it is in line with his scum meta.
In post 4008, SnowStorm wrote:VI's can be scum, sure, and that sucks since most can be difficult to read, but you claimed to be proficient at reading Snarky. Yet you did not put much effort into it. You put more effort into giving your read some credibility and convincing other people that Snarky was scum, than actually reading him. You barely interacted with him and you were already scum reading him. You ignored all the particularities of the slot, namely it's VI'ness and jumped right into a scum read. Nothing in your ISO tells me you tried to read Snarky or even give him a chance to show he was town, nothing. It shows a scum mindset.
This is all a case of “Snowstorm is looking for things he think he can portray as scummy”. Just like Gamma, who happens to have disappeared, has done.

Interacting with Snarky isn’t required for my reading him. Hasn’t been in any of the games where I successfully read him as Town so I’m not sure why you try to say it is required here.

For all this you’ve been floating I am reminded of the following –
In post 3552, Eleven wrote:[8] SnarkySnowman ~ Grib, hiplop, Gammagooey, Aristophanes, Spiffeh,
SnowStorm
, Cephrir, MagnaofIllusion
In fact the first time he appears in your ISO is when you voted for him at . So it seems pretty odd that you are calling me scum for not putting effort into reading Snarky when the only post in your entire ISO that mentions him at all is your vote for him.

Seems pretty suspect for you to be calling my effort scummy in regards to Snarky when you voted him with not a single reason presented in thread.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4012 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:47 am

@Snowstorm - I'm requoting this so you have no excuse to pretend not to read it and respond.

In post 4011, MagnaofIllusion wrote: For all this you’ve been floating I am reminded of the following –
In post 3552, Eleven wrote:[8] SnarkySnowman ~ Grib, hiplop, Gammagooey, Aristophanes, Spiffeh,
SnowStorm
In fact the first time he appears in your ISO is when you voted for him at . So it seems pretty odd that you are calling me scum for not putting effort into reading Snarky when the only post in your entire ISO that mentions him at all is your vote for him.

Seems pretty suspect for you to be calling my effort scummy in regards to Snarky when you voted him with not a single reason presented in thread.

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #4013 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@Grib- you realize that every one of my abilities interferes with mafia getting to kill the person they want to right? Part of the reason I claimed when I did was because I don't think it's likely there are 3 roles that can stop kills in the setup, much less a 4th still hidden in case you get roleblocked. It's much more likely that you stopped a kill on Ceph or that the mafia hit the SK than MoI, you, and I all having kill-stopping roles. I'm probably not living through hiding behind anyone announced tonight, but if it needs to happen I'd rather do it on someone like SnowStorm or Zulfy and either have a confirmed scum along with everyone knowing that Magna is really likely scum as well, or just have me and a town player that looked likely to be scum get dead along with MoI getting lynched tomorrow.

Like, what's the 'good' scenario to come out of me hiding behind MoI? Because it looks like either you get roleblocked if we're both town and we both die, or MoI is scum and I die and everyone goes 'oh yeah MoI and Gamma and Grib's roles prob weren't all town anyway, guess we shoulda lynched MoI yesterday'
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4014 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Firebringer »

Could we lynch snowstorm instead?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #4015 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 4014, Firebringer wrote:Could we lynch snowstorm instead?
Why do you think MoI is town? Or not worth lynching today or whatever, I don't remember you saying much about him this game.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4016 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:09 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 4011, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 4008, SnowStorm wrote:The thing is, you did not use a single argument based on scum-meta. All of your arguments were some variation of "I've never seen Snarky do this as town", "Snarky town wouldn't say this", with several mentions of your previous experience with town-Snarky to support them. So if you do have scum meta on Snarky, why did you use only town meta to scum read him?
Why do you ask stupid questions? I’m serious – the inherent context of me saying “Town Snarky doesn’t make that post” is that it is in line with his scum meta.
It is NOT! Saying "I've never seen Snarky do this as town" is not the same as saying "I've seen Snarky do this as scum". The first has much less weight than the second. And I still repeat, you did not use a single Snarky scum game to support your accusations. Your whole case on him was a case for not reading him as town and all the evidence and meta was there to give credibility to your ability to read him, not to support an actual scum read.

In post 4008, SnowStorm wrote:VI's can be scum, sure, and that sucks since most can be difficult to read, but you claimed to be proficient at reading Snarky. Yet you did not put much effort into it. You put more effort into giving your read some credibility and convincing other people that Snarky was scum, than actually reading him. You barely interacted with him and you were already scum reading him. You ignored all the particularities of the slot, namely it's VI'ness and jumped right into a scum read. Nothing in your ISO tells me you tried to read Snarky or even give him a chance to show he was town, nothing. It shows a scum mindset.
This is all a case of “Snowstorm is looking for things he think he can portray as scummy”. Just like Gamma, who happens to have disappeared, has done.

Interacting with Snarky isn’t required for my reading him. Hasn’t been in any of the games where I successfully read him as Town so I’m not sure why you try to say it is required here.[/quote]

Of course you can get reads without interacting with someone, which is why I'd have expected you to take more of a backseat position in regards to Snarky instead of jumping to the front seat of the wagon. You didn't interact with him, you jumped into a read without observing much, you must really have thought you were very good at reading him.
In post 4011, MagnaofIllusion wrote: For all this you’ve been floating I am reminded of the following –
SnowStorm

Well, not to repeat myself, but I wasn't the one who claimed to be proficient at reading Snarky.

pedit:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Snowstorm - I'm requoting this so you have no excuse to pretend not to read it and respond.

SnowStorm

Do I look like I need excuses? I'm not the one discrediting its attackers at every opportunity as a defense. And because I know you're gonna insist on this, I'm going to explain my Snarky read. I didn't have one, he was a blind spot. I had several town reads and not clear scum reads. It was an acceptable lynch.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4017 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:15 am

In post 4016, SnowStorm wrote:Do I look like I need excuses? I'm not the one discrediting its attackers at every opportunity as a defense. And because I know you're gonna insist on this, I'm going to explain my Snarky read. I didn't have one, he was a blind spot. I had several town reads and not clear scum reads. It was an acceptable lynch.
Ok, so you think that Snarky was an acceptable lynch with you having not a single read on him and that's a Town thought process. Meanwhile I who had a scum read on Snarky and only hammered him with a real life Day left at deadline is scummy.

That makes zero sense. Other than you are trying to find reasons to call me scummy as opposed to realistically looking at the game.

SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4018 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:22 am

Post by SnowStorm »

This isn't about me, it's about you, and whatever you say about my Snarky vote does not change the fact that your Snarky push was terrible.

Let's recapitulate why:

1. You used town games as evidence to push a scum read.
2. You claimed to be proficient at reading him but you showed no signs of trying to read him.
3. You claim to have scum meta on Snarky, but you did not use it in your case against him.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4019 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:26 am

In post 4018, SnowStorm wrote:This isn't about me, it's about you, and whatever you say about my Snarky vote does not change the fact that your Snarky push was terrible.

Let's recapitulate why:

1. You used town games as evidence to push a scum read.
2. You claimed to be proficient at reading him but you showed no signs of trying to read him.
3. You claim to have scum meta on Snarky, but you did not use it in your case against him.
No, it is about you specifically your push that makes little sense from a reasonable Town perspective.

Also 1-3 are all incorrect and going Appeal to Repetition isn't going to help you.

SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4020 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:34 am

Post by SnowStorm »

Can't really argue against a glorified "NO U".

I've made my case. Everyone is free to read it and check the facts for themselves.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4021 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:38 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 3665, DiamondSentinel wrote:Both SnowStorm and MoI are mostly for the same reasons. They say a lot of stuff I see as good points, but the reasoning is shallow, at best, so I think they might be trying to distance themselves from other scum with their logic.
DS, what are your current reads on MoI and me?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4022 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:39 am

In post 4020, SnowStorm wrote:Can't really argue against a glorified "NO U".

I've made my case. Everyone is free to read it and check the facts for themselves.
It's already been argued against. That you disagree really isn't germane.

But please pretend that I'm helpless against the onslaught of your gripping posts ...

DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4023 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:34 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 4021, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 3665, DiamondSentinel wrote:Both SnowStorm and MoI are mostly for the same reasons. They say a lot of stuff I see as good points, but the reasoning is shallow, at best, so I think they might be trying to distance themselves from other scum with their logic.
*munches on popcorn*

Woah woah woah. Don't drag me into this drama. I'm just a guy who's about to get lynched. I don't matter, and don't drag me into your drama.

(Although I find it interesting that you are trying to drag me in now that my wagon has [somehow] slowed down a bit)
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4024 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:38 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 4023, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 4021, SnowStorm wrote:
*munches on popcorn*

Woah woah woah. Don't drag me into this drama. I'm just a guy who's about to get lynched. I don't matter, and don't drag me into your drama.

(Although I find it interesting that you are trying to drag me in now that my wagon has [somehow] slowed down a bit)
How interesting?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”