zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (isolation #200) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:00 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1108, Ankamius wrote:The read is stale and other things have happened since then that give me stronger reads.
oh yeah? it went stale between the very end of yesterday and the start of today?

who are these "other reads" and for what reasons? just UT?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1156 (isolation #201) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:53 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

outside of the fact that there's probably more support for an ankamius lynch than an iraon lynch, i decided to consider the possibility im wrong - worst case scenario, if iraon is scum, he's got no excuse for being alive in lylo anyway and seeing as there's probably only two scum left (yes, this is a 14:3 setup in all likelihood), he's going to need a fair few excuses for every night phase he fails to die - but that can be dealt with at a later point in time if it comes to be

in the mean time, i figure ill go after people who i think are both scum independently and could be scum with iraon anyway. ankamius fits that bill and so does froot loop. i also think that if i am wrong about iraon, an ankamius-froot loop team isn't so far-fetched

the thing about this game right now is im pretty sure scum do not want to bus if they can help it - the day after a scum lynch when there's likely only two scum left and no really powerful town roles dead, they're not really in a position to do so unless they're really ballsy. which is why im looking at, for example, ankamius's 180 on froot loop (for no decent reason other than "it's a stale d1 read" even though his last words before voting cupcake suggested he still thought froot loop was very likely scum and the fact that froot loop wasn't voting cupcake shouldn't have made ankamius feel better about her) and thinking "this makes perfect sense if they're scum tbh"
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (isolation #202) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:09 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

yes, i've just been questioning him about his froot loop read specifically by pure coincidence
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1162 (isolation #203) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:51 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1130, curiouskarmadog wrote:sell me on Ank being scum in regards to his voting of Kat yesterday (ie when he did it)
i'll give you my interpretation of what happened when he voted cupcake; i don't expect it to sell anyone, but it is how i am reading it - most of my dislike of his approach to the cupcake vote has to do with the language he used tbh

the first point is that stands out as a weak way to address the iraon v me situation; it's not a stance, there's no substance, it's just nothing. to me, this reads like scum who wants to look like they're giving an opinion on an event but without having to actually take a hard side one way or the other on the matter. i suppose you could interpret this as him town-reading iraon and scum-reading me if you squint, but that's not really what he's saying (and if it were what he was saying, i would have expected him to have some sort of hard opinion on me today, given my light resistance to the cupcake wagon yesterday - instead, we have nothing. in fact, the opposite; he's disappointed that i'm reading him incorrectly, which suggests a town read, i think?)

most of the reason i dislike 788/789 comes down to how he phrased these posts

i think 788 is him deciding whether he actually wants to bus. is it possible that town looked at the wagons happening and thought cupcake was the best wagon of them? sure. do i think town would have expressed it like he did in 788? no. the phrasing here (both "out of everyone" and "i guess") is most of the reason why i dislike this post, though it's not so easy to describe the nuances here and why i think it's more likely to come from scum than town outside of the fact that i think town are more likely to use firmer language (e.g. "if froot loop doesn't happen, i'd vote cupcake" or something like that)

then we have 789. i don't really like anything in this post. the way it's phrased and the content of the post just reads like scum who's decided they saw where the tides were turning (or at the very least, wanted to be on the good side of things if the tides did turn that way and if they didn't then oh well, he probably thought he'd created a decent negative interaction) and wanted to maximise how good they looked from it. again, could a town player think what he thinks in this post? certainly. but again, i don't think it would have been phrased in this way. i mean, in the first place, what does the iraon wagon have to do with it? why bring it up? if he thinks cupcake is scum, the iraon wagon shouldn't have much to do with it (unless he specifically took issue with cupcake's iraon vote, but that's not what he's saying here). which leads me back to the conclusion that it was done to maximise town credit (this makes the most sense if iraon is actually town, though. it's not an impossible move if iraon is scum for a number of reasons, but it makes more sense if he's town)

i realise this isn't some rock-solid case or anything; it is what it is, and what it is is just how i read these posts. in combination with a lot of other things i haven't liked about his play both prior to today and today, it's enough that i'm fine with his lynch
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1169 (isolation #204) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:50 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

so what is froot loop then?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (isolation #205) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:55 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

you're the one who brought up meta, my read on you has nothing to do with meta
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1174 (isolation #206) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:58 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

if you think that minor statement that i never once repeated is a primary factor in my read on you, then you're not paying attention. go ahead and show where in any of the points i've brought up about your play i mentioned meta
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1175 (isolation #207) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:03 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

by the bye, what IS your reason for thinking UT is scum, again? remind me, because all i really remember is something about sheeping DGB?

i'm pretty sure he's not scum (though if i'm proven wrong, i don't particularly care) and i'm super-interested in seeing how you justify it if he flips town and where you go from there (because i assume you're going to have to continue calling me scum and i'm partly interested in seeing how you continue to push it if he flips town)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1177 (isolation #208) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:09 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

uh-huh

ill be honest, i dont remember playing with you like at all

the only game i remember playing with you is that one touhou upick and that's it

how many games have i actually played with you?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (isolation #209) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:11 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

im looking back at that game and i never even mentioned a read on you, so where is this "expectation" coming from?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1179 (isolation #210) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:14 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

like i called you probably town for interactions with flipped scum in that game and that's as much as i said about your play in that game

so unless there's some other game i'm forgetting, what games have i played such that me apparently reading you as scum is some "huge red flag"?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (isolation #211) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:27 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i dont really care about your stance on "extended 1v1s"

the point i was making with regards to that was that it's not really a stance, it's a weak excuse to not really give a stance
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (isolation #212) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

froot loop is the best option out of everyone if i had to choose outside of ankamius i guess
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1202 (isolation #213) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

no i couldn't, that's a lie and i think we should lynch all liars
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (isolation #214) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i actually wouldn't care at all if a wagon on froot loop developed. im almost tempted to vote her if only because both ankamius and iraon are calling her town
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (isolation #215) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:03 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Vote: Froot Loop
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (isolation #216) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

well (a) there is a froot loop wagon (albeit small) and enough people have expressed interest in it that it's certainly viable, and (b) ankamius's statements are dumb because it's incredibly likely (just due to numbers) that every wagon in this game is going to be town-driven, because even if scum is on them, they don't really need to strongly push anything unless they're in danger themselves so still probably town-driven (unless by "town-driven" he means "all town", but that's not what driven actually means)

and even if he means "all town" by "town-driven", that's still a dumb assumption

e.g. let's take a look at the nightingale game and some of the wagons that happened there when scum was one man down... from day two alone:

Salamence20 [7] - TellTaleHeart, lalaladucks, Oversoul, Katsuki, grapes, Muffin(x2)
^ all town

Katsuki [7] - farside22, Salamence20(x2), Muffin(x2), Kagami, Nachomamma8
^ all town on an innocent child

Salamence20 [8] - TellTaleHeart, Oversoul, Katsuki, grapes, Nachomamma8, lalaladucks, Mac, Brian Skies [LYNCH]
^ still all town even with the town double-voter not on the wagon

that's not always going to be the case, obviously, but people who can't do wagon analysis need to stop pretending they know what they're talking about. it's probably 10:2 atm so most wagons that pop up are going to be overwhelmingly town-driven, if not entirely so. this is more the case if maestro is actually town since he makes up 2/7 of every wagon he's on. "oh, there's got to be scum here, it doesn't make sense otherwise" - give a good reason why it has to be the case or fuck off and come back when you know how to play the game

also i smiled at the "third lazy lynch in a row" comment, given what he's been doing with his vote this game and the flip yesterday
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (isolation #217) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

without going back and reading anything, i still think remaining scum is prob in ankamius/iraon with kraska as a possible outlier

cakez isn't scum
maestro isn't scum
ckd probably isn't scum
untrod *probably* isn't scum
PV probably isn't scum

these are things i want to be more sure of before today ends but this is where i am at currently
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (isolation #218) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i find it funny that vedith's vig targets were seraphim and whoever dgb protected last night, though i'm interested in how "roleblocking vigilante" actually works. i would have thought it roleblocked the player he was vig killing but apparently seraphim's action n2 was successful?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1344 (isolation #219) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

actually i suppose he would had to have shot spiffeh-slot or whoever spiffeh-slot targeted n2 if that's the case
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (isolation #220) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

bulge, spiffeh-slot, dgb, froot, iraon are the claimed/flipped ones
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (isolation #221) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

there's probably one scum left. compulsive bodyguards are inherently anti-town in nature; more so with THREE possible vig shots floating around (the three alices). it's 14:3 most likely

note: fakegod isn't averse to having more than one of a particular role be scum in a game where it isn't necessarily expected. kuribo in wonderland had 2 scum cops (the setup was known to have five), once upon a winter night had two scum watchers in a game where it was known there was a neighbourhood (consisted of three players) who were all watchers, etc

while it's certainly not necessarily the case that there is another scum bodyguard (regardless of whether it's iraon), i just want to cut through the inevitable crap i see popping up at some point ("there is already a flipped one, i must be town-aligned!")
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1353 (isolation #222) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh. i'm not usually good at guessing games but i'll give it a shot

you started the night drinking with mates then someone, perhaps not the most sober of you all, decided it was time for a road trip. you all got in a car and headed off. after about half an hour, you realised you needed to piss and asked them to stop. you wandered off into the woods to do your business but when you'd finished up, you realised you didn't remember which way you came from. you stumbled around looking for the road for a fair while before you came across an empty cabin. you weren't really sure whether it was wise to enter said cabin, but you did so anyway and found it was quite a cosy little place. but it was getting a bit cold and you felt you needed to warm up a bit so you looked around the cabin for a blanket or something. you opened a closet door and accidentally stumbled into narnia. normally one might be adventurous in narnia, but after many uneventful months living with the beavers, you realised, "oh shit, i have a mafia game to play" and came back to the real world. only a few hours had passed in the real world

am i close?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1356 (isolation #223) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

probably better to just lynch the guilty today
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1359 (isolation #224) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1357, Maestro wrote:Then I'm useless tonight.
i mean, so what? if you investigated the last scum, the game is probably over. and if you didn't, then at least you know you're paranoid/random, but i don't know if fakegod would include a role like yours as paranoid in a game like this - seems like a very pointless red herring
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1361 (isolation #225) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

we should probably mass claim today i think

can discuss what to do with maestro's thing after that i guess
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1364 (isolation #226) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

if we do do it, let's just do it popcorn style with ank first since he more or less claimed yesterday anyway

iraon has technically fully claimed so i guess he doesnt need to participate

should just make this easy and go: flavour, title, role, then pick a popcorn target unless you need to add something
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1367 (isolation #227) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

six? of hearts, compulsive bodyguard
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1370 (isolation #228) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

white rabbit - herald - vt

kraska next
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (isolation #229) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i mean it's probably on PV i'd guess but that's not really important. we should prob just finish the mass claim then go from there
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1378 (isolation #230) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

im saying that's who the guilty is probably on
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (isolation #231) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

he means one of the four that aren't him in my town list
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1400 (isolation #232) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i mean, days been open for like a few hours now - I'd be worried about stalling if if were PVs turn (and god that's going to be a painfully long wait when it happens) but a few hours without posting isn't "never going to post"
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (isolation #233) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

kraska said she claimed in the hood so I guess there

flavour?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1406 (isolation #234) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

popcorn to someone (actually i kind of don't want PV to go last but whoever popcorn to him is gonna be waiting about a week until he next posts so...)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (isolation #235) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1407, iraonavp wrote:Well, it seems like kraska77 is town-aligned because why would you not include king of hearts in the game?
i need to make a collage of iraon quotes and stick them on my wall so that if i'm feeling down i can look up and think, "it could be worse"
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1421 (isolation #236) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

7 bodyguards and counting

well at least a mass claim makes action co-ordination a lot easier
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1424 (isolation #237) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:10 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i doubt ckd is a bodyguard but i guess we'll find out soon
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1427 (isolation #238) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

maybe because he's not a doctor and feels it's better to not openly talk about town reads
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1436 (isolation #239) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i do want to know what "honorable" specifically means with regards to your role, btw

because fakegod has used "honorable" to both mean "dies if player targets town" and "dies if player is roleblocked" when describing an honorable vig

your claim seems to be some third variant of "honorable"
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1443 (isolation #240) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

and there's no restriction against using cop on multiple nights without using vig?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1496 (isolation #241) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:41 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

maestro probably isn't scum and there's almost certainly one scum left. im pondering whether or not to lynch the guilty today or just go for a different lynch and see what happens tonight. i want to think about the setup a bit and whether it makes sense for it to be built entirely around vigs and bodyguards and i want to go back and look through froot and cupcake isos and shiznit

regardless, there's four claimed bodyguards alive right now - one should be on maestro (iraon imo), the rest should split between other people (even if those other people are also bodyguards) and declare a target before day end
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1497 (isolation #242) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:43 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh and to be clear, maestro should be using his cop and ONLY his cop for the rest of the game
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1499 (isolation #243) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:45 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

the setup probably is built entirely around vig kills and body guards (meaning maestro is paranoid) but it is best to confirm that
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1500 (isolation #244) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:48 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

FakeGod wouldn't include a full cop in this game anyway since it's kind of broken with the bodyguards

I'm guessing the last scum is a PR but not a powerful one and not a roleblocker
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1504 (isolation #245) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:55 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

theoretically if he's town, the game shouldn't get anywhere close to lylo unless town as a whole is bad so
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1506 (isolation #246) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:03 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

why not?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (isolation #247) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:52 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

actually been thinking about it and im fine with maestro shooting ckd tonight and we lynch someone else today

from a numbers perspective it's prob 8:1 atm (even in the unlikely event there's two scum left, this doesn't matter)

if maestro proves his role, id basically consider him conftown because there's no way scum has access to three kills in this game with town power being what it is

so from a numbers point of view

say we mislynch today, scum NK + ckd shot = probably 5:1 tomorrow

another mislynch plus maestro investigation = 3:1 next day

then another mislynch + maestro shot to end the game = 5 lynches to hit scum basically

on phone atm but my initial thought is that this is optimal play if we co-ordinate the bg claims
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1538 (isolation #248) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:23 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1535, Maestro wrote:This is all, of course, assuming I'm wrong / Paranoid and you're Town. Which I doubt.

The silence is reassuring tho...
i would guess you're paranoid even if ckd is the last scum
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1541 (isolation #249) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:28 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1536, kraska77 wrote:
In post 1534, Maestro wrote:
In post 1532, curiouskarmadog wrote:wouldnt it be awesome to know your "sanity" before going into tonight?
Not really because after tonight either way it doesn't matter. But if we go my route and lynch somebody not-you today and allow me to shoot you tonight, we have to deal with one less player in our lynchpool tomorrow. One less person to try and filter through to find (the last?) Scum.
My problem is what if you get blocked
Tho someone said rb doesn't make sense here...are we sure about that?
Like if we're sure I would rather you don't even shoot ckd, but confirm your sanity first through another investigation
i think it's pretty likely FakeGod didn't include a full cop in this game

i also think roleblocker makes literally no sense in this game thematically (game makes a lot of sense as "killing power only with shittons of bodyguards), mechanically (it would be kind of a big "fuck you" to town in a game that's essentially vigs and bgs) or just from what we've seen in this game (where have all the blocks gone?)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1548 (isolation #250) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

we don't really need to, though. it's infinitely better to just let that get handled overnight (even if it may just be delaying the inevitable)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1550 (isolation #251) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

indeed. that was because i miscalculated the numbers and thought we'd get to a xylo situation at the same time as if he weren't shooting
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (isolation #252) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

(i had in my head "8p" instead of 8:1 and worked out the numbers wrong)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (isolation #253) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:01 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

cupcake, no action, you
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (isolation #254) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:29 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 904, FakeGod wrote:

Day 3

In post 1011, FakeGod wrote:
thenewearth has requested replacement.
In post 1028, FakeGod wrote:
In post 1011, FakeGod wrote:
thenewearth has requested replacement.
Maestro replaces thenewearth.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1557 (isolation #255) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:58 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

the plan should be:

lynch someone not you today
if game isn't over 7:1 going into night
maestro shoots you, scum kills, if game isn't over, 5:1 tomorrow
lynch someone, if game isn't over maestro investigates again and it's 3:1
lynch someone again, 2:1 going into night and maestro's shot ends game if it isn't already over

assuming the most likely scenario (maestro town) it effectively gives town 5 chances to hit scum in the remaining 8 players

this is optimal strategy atm
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1558 (isolation #256) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:01 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh, and i don't really have a preference for how bodyguards are split during the night but bodyguards should be confirming their target before night comes to ensure no double-ups and one bodyguard on maestro obv
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1597 (isolation #257) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:33 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

so yesterday was the final straw in a long line of things that made me realise how much i dislike playing mafia

and since we're so intent on being as antitown as possible here's what i'm doing for the rest of the game

VOTE: UNTROD TRIPOD

for so long as i am alive, i am doing this in my first post of every single day phase and not moving my vote for the entire day

the only way i will move my vote is to quickhammer ANY wagon that reaches L-1

it helps that there's a decent chance UT is scum anyway but even if i didn't think that was a possibility i would still be doing this because fuck this game

not 10 posts after i outline optimal play you STUPID FUCKING CUNTS quickhammered ckd
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1598 (isolation #258) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:46 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1582, PeregrineV wrote:We are 5:2 now.
and you...

you are probably the single worst mafia player i've ever had the mispleasure of being stuck in a game with. i don't think i've ever seen you help town in any way

first, let's examine the fact that there was almost zero chance maestro wasn't paranoid. the only time fakegod has run a cop in any of his recent games is kuribo in wonderland - a game where there were multiple cops of unknown sanity and the setup was known to include a godfather. outside of that? never done. he's run limited utility ones (including a novice one), variations of cop (like parity cop), etc, but never a full cop. let alone a full cop THAT CAN ALSO VIG HIS TARGETS. that's an insanely powerful role and not something any sane fucking mod includes in a setup. i explained yesterday that it was unlikely fakegod included a full cop on several fucking occasions. and oh, what happened next? you fucking stumble into the thread like "DURRRR LET'S LYNCH THE GUILTY HURRRR FUCKING DURRRRRRRRRR". good one, fuckwit

next, let's examine the chance we're at 5:2. there are NO town investigative roles. all of the town power roles (vigs and complusive bodyguards) are INHERENTLY ANTITOWN. there was a chance, albeit remote, that the game could have ended in a scum win n2, but even disregarding that, town has no real power, let alone power enough to fucking counter a bulletproof scum vig in a game where it wouldn't be strange for several town deaths to happen on any given night (and we got pretty lucky in that respect). this setup isn't fucking 13:4. it's 14:3. look at previous fakegod setups to get a good fucking idea of what sort of setups he runs. notice a fucking theme? he stacks power on low number scum teams or gives shitall power to higher number scum teams. all of the previous setups like this one have been 14:3 and guess what? scum won pretty much all of them, too. you think fakegod was like, "well, i know scum have been winning a lot of these 14:3 setups but fuck it... ima include one of them most insanely powerful scum roles ever created (bookie) and give them an extra player to boot. then i'm gonna gimp all the town power roles for shits and giggles"?

jesus fucking christ
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1599 (isolation #259) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:55 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1557, zMuffinMan wrote:the plan should be:

lynch someone not you today
if game isn't over 7:1 going into night
maestro shoots you, scum kills, if game isn't over, 5:1 tomorrow
lynch someone, if game isn't over maestro investigates again and it's 3:1
lynch someone again, 2:1 going into night and maestro's shot ends game if it isn't already over

assuming the most likely scenario (maestro town) it effectively gives town 5 chances to hit scum in the remaining 8 players

this is optimal strategy atm
In post 1560, Maestro wrote:VOTE: ckd
In post 1565, PeregrineV wrote:We lynch the guilty now. We control the day, the night is subject to actions of the scum.

Vote: CKD

@maestro- Just cop someone.
In post 1566, Untrod Tripod wrote:
vote CKD
like, fucking really, not even 10 posts

so yeah, i'm not moving my vote. because while maestro's vote was fucking pathetic, i doubt he expected the quickhammer. PV... well he's PV. i expect nothing more from him

UT... well if he's scum, he sure as fuck didn't want to give town better odds of hitting scum and if he's town, well he's a fucking moron
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1601 (isolation #260) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:05 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i don't care about hurting your feelings

i am just stating facts

while others might give you a run for your money in terms of bad play, the sheer length of time you've been consistently bad at mafia makes you outshine them all in the bad play department. you have never helped town, in any game you've ever played. you've never been an asset to town. the only reason you'll have ever been night-killed in any game you're in is because of your role; scum never consider you a threat.

my heart sinks whenever i see you in a player list
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1605 (isolation #261) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:34 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i guess you gotta hope town lynches me before lylo, huh? or that i die overnight, but hey, any sane scum that isn't you isn't going to kill me unless they think i'm joking about voting you in my first post every single day and never moving my vote
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1607 (isolation #262) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

not mad, disappointed - it feels like a waste of time to both consider the setup, discuss the claims, talk about optimal strategy, only for you, PV and maestro to take a giant dump on my chest then hold my head up and yell in my face (spit flying everywhere to drive the point home), "you see that? that's what we think of your posts. take a good whiff, muffin, and get used to it, because it's all you should expect from a mafia game."

but yes i want you dead for both doing what you did yesterday and the possibility that you're just scum
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1611 (isolation #263) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1608, Untrod Tripod wrote:Lynching ckd led to 2 dead town instead of 3. It made more sense.
yeah... nobody is this stupid
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1612 (isolation #264) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i literally outlined the optimal play. i've quoted it today. i talked about it on more than one occasion yesterday. maestro also talked about it (but still somehow ended up voting ckd...)

there's no way you missed it

and there's no way you believe that "durr 2 better than 3" is justification for it
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1613 (isolation #265) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1610, Ankamius wrote:Muffin: What is your actual case on UT?
that i think he's more likely scum than other people

since when do you care about cases
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1633 (isolation #266) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1628, PeregrineV wrote:Sounds like an opinion to me.
it's not an opinion, still just facts. i could verify that you've never been seen as a threat by going through every game you've played and trying to find even a single game you've been night-killed for anything other than being a power role, i guess, but i do not care enough to verify something i already know to be true

i mean, be honest with yourself. if you did a poll of mafiascum players and asked them to give 10 players they think they would have the easiest time against if they rolled scum, the only people that wouldn't list you are people who haven't played with you
In post 1629, PeregrineV wrote:In that case, it's 6:1, and I understand even less why he is bent out of shape because "his optimal plan" wasn't followed.
let's work through this slowly, just for those who aren't quite up to speed with counting to 10 yet

how many town-controlled deaths does town get before endgame in 8:1 if the only town-controlled deaths are lynches?

you can do this on one hand, but i'll help you just in case. 1, 2, 3, 4... 4! that's right, 4 lynches total

now how many town-controlled deaths does town get before endgame in 8:1 if they have two vig shots?

i'll help you out again. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 5! 2 vig shots and 3 lynches makes 5!

now which is bigger, PV? 5 or 4? ill give you a few hours to ponder this since i know this could be a difficult question for you. if you still don't have the answer then, i'll give you a clue
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1634 (isolation #267) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1616, Ankamius wrote:1. Our reads are different
what are your reads
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1636 (isolation #268) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh, yes, there could be this mysterious roleblocker who decided "you know what? fuck the alices, even though they're guaranteed power roles and both have already claimed"

yeah, didn't think about that

oh wait, yeah i did
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1639 (isolation #269) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

n1 seraphim not blocked, maestro not blocked, as far as we know none of the bodyguards were blocked
n2 seraphim not blocked, vedith not blocked, as far as we know none of the bodyguards were blocked
n3 vedith not blocked, maestro not blocked, as far as we know none of the bodyguards were blocked
(n4 as far as we know none of the bodyguards were blocked but this isn't important since we're discussing from the perspective of yesterday)

so what was going to prevent the vig shots?

fuck it, don't care, you're wrong, pv is wrong, you're both idiots if you think otherwise. went over all this yesterday
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1640 (isolation #270) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

not to mention a roleblocker in a town full of nothing but limited-utility vigs, compulsive bodyguards and vts is really just a big "fuck you" to an already underwhelming (in terms of power) town
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1642 (isolation #271) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

yes... see: plan i mentioned less than 10 posts before you quick-hammered, as well as mentioned on more than a couple occasions prior to that
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1645 (isolation #272) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

yes, i forget that in mafia games, actual logic isn't persuasive

guess im dumb

and yes, im planning to votepark you the entire game (or until someone hits l-1, at which point, i quickhammer)

that or replace out because i cbf anymore, depending on whether that comes before endgame (it might)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1647 (isolation #273) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

lose all purpose
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1650 (isolation #274) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1648, Untrod Tripod wrote:Perhaps another time
unlikely. i'm done with mafia. it's not an enjoyable game
In post 1649, Untrod Tripod wrote:You're better than pretending that mafia isn't essentially just competitive arguing.
oh, yes, mafia in general is certainly competitive arguing; the things that are purely opinion or speculation certainly boil down more to who is better at arguing than who is right a lot of the time

but you know, when i'm walking on the street with someone and i point to a tree and say "hey, that's a tree" (like i normally do when i'm walking with someone, because that's the kind of high-entertainment guy i am, with all the thrilling ideas i come up with for conversation) i don't expect them to go, "nah, it's probably a dog." i don't expect to have to fucking pull out encyclopaedias, teach them basic science, show them pictures of trees for comparison, maybe get a dog for comparison and have it hump their leg so that they can distinguish between trees and dogs better. i don't expect to have to pull proof that 1 + 1 = 2 out of my ass every time i don't know whether someone is capable of understanding things you learn before you even get to school

so yeah, competitive arguing. but not about basic fucking shit that isn't even opinion OR really speculation (i mean, on some level, it IS speculation because perhaps some phantom roleblocker exists that was saving their role past the point where both their scum buddies died on the off chance they'd get a chance to use it in some really cool way... maybe fakegod did include a full-cop-who-can-also-vig-his-targets in a game when he doesn't even really use full cops to begin with... but you know, at some point, occam is your best friend)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1653 (isolation #275) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:42 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i already have the lowest of the low expectations for players in games now

to go any lower would be impossible, and yet, here we are
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1655 (isolation #276) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:52 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1651, Maestro wrote:Muffin. stop it right now or replace out
you know, i asked to replace out last night, and fakegod asked if i was sure and i said "you know, what? fuck it. i'll swallow it and give it a go" and then i read the posts at the start of today and decided "yeah, nah, i'm done with this shit" and here we are

but i really don't care enough to continue playing so fuck it

washing my hands of this game

i hope town loses

@fakegod, sorry, please replace me

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”