Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3475 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3256, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:@Mastina, Can we slow the roll here on RR? I'm not hard townreading them anymore but I'd like time and the opportunity to mend bridges with Farside and Almost.
Not sure what you mean by "mending" bridges with me. It's obvious -to me at least- that I was farting under my sheets while keeping my head down there too. I have nothing against you. In fact, I owe you an apology. :oops:

It may take me a day or two though to bounce back and actually start playing again (i.e. try to sort alignments and stuff). All I know is your slot is town, and so are both Mastina and Yume. Everyone else I reset to null until further notice.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3476 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by grapes »

mastin you wanna talk about chara?

That's the only read in the game that doesn't feel easy at this point.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3477 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by grapes »

Except the lurksacks but those at least will eventually sort themselves out.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3478 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 3473, farside22 wrote:Meh whatever I'll just go lurk now.
Yea this isn't the reaction I was looking for.

What happened to you scumreading me?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3479 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 3478, grapes wrote:
In post 3473, farside22 wrote:Meh whatever I'll just go lurk now.
Yea this isn't the reaction I was looking for.

What happened to you scumreading me?
Sir cakez flip changed that.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3480 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3266, Varsoon wrote:
This 'removed from game' effect is similar to a treestump in that the player is no longer a legal target or able to vote, but, in addition, they may not post.
In other words; Garnet put him in a bubble. :P

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3481 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 3445, Reasonably Rational wrote:SC doesn't get lynched yesterday without our posting against him and our vote making things seem inevitable.
The idea of you claiming credit for this, and of Drixx trying to say I don't deserve credit for it, is utterly laughable.

SirCakez was obviously scum. You know why I didn't make a case against him? Because I didn't need to. It was self-evident. You know why the reasons I gave came so late? Because they didn't need to come earlier. And I put the momentum there. I gathered players there, not only as a compromise, but also as a push on a player who was guaranteed to be scum rather than possibly scum.

I also made sure it was not a vanity wagon. I kept people there, and made sure the players on other wagons would hop off, by discouraging them from hunting the shinies. I told them, "don't go there". And then they listened. And through their combined efforts, more and more pressure built up on SirCakez. There was shouting. There was disagreement. There was heat, as people asked, "god I wish mastina was here to cool things down". But they were coalescing onto SirCakez, in part because it was what I wanted, what I had set things up for, and also in part because it was clear.

I also kept people from unvoting him. When SirCakez was being defended by Almost50, I pointed to Varsoon's post about scum's claims being just as good if not better than town's actual claims. When he eventually did fullclaim, I kept my vote on him and restated this, continuing to push it again, because it was no less true.

Your case wasn't even worth reading. In fact, I didn't read it. Not a word. Didn't care to. It was superfluous and redundant.
It was an act. A distancing performance: something to look good, but which accomplished nothing which wasn't already happening. Nobody needed a PBP on him. Nobody needed a thorough, meticulous analysis of him. Nobody needed those things to lynch him, just like nobody needs those things to lynch you. All they need is to look and see the same basic things I do: the passive presence, the active lurking, the lack of organic shifts in reads (in particular, making points about a player that should significantly change a read on them, but then in a readslist, having that player only shift by one tier if that), the just general scum-oriented presence and reliance on game mechanics to save you rather than on play-based reasons.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3482 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 3474, Reasonably Rational wrote:A50: my slot is being voted because people are filled with the recklessness of success, and are therefore unwilling to think.

-Cerb

Pedit:farside, what part of that was shifty versus what drixx wrote? I gave you more detailsx and the only thing I can imagine you feel is bad about is is the fact that we thought we could trigger it last night and then found out we couldn't.

Our event has a limitation of only occurring after Episode 1. We asked Varsoon if that meant we could trigger our event on N1, for resolution during D2, and he said yes. This made me think the stress level was checked upon resolution, NOT triggering. He clarified when we tried to trigger it last night, in case stress rose enough over the night for it to resolve today.

Peditx2: what questions are we avoiding farside?
So far events have been triggered during the day, not at night.
That's why I am shifty about your clsim.
I asked you about doing my vig shot, which I said something about it day 2, why wouldn't I use it day 1 when cakez was sure to be lynched?
Your the player talking about a scum show that day.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3483 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

Day 1, not day 2
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3484 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3267, mastin2 wrote:Not Chara doesn't quite fit the pattern, the profile, for scum that I have built. Its early posting had some elements which did, and some of its later posting did as well, but there are huge segments which diverge from what I'd expect, and I just feel more comfortable lynching Cooldog/RR/Klingoncelt first.
Ok, I have but ONE favour to ask here: Could you please put your "pattern" in writing somewhere to post POST-GAME, so that I may understand what it is you were doing? Thanks in advance.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3485 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 3482, farside22 wrote:
In post 3474, Reasonably Rational wrote:A50: my slot is being voted because people are filled with the recklessness of success, and are therefore unwilling to think.

-Cerb

Pedit:farside, what part of that was shifty versus what drixx wrote? I gave you more detailsx and the only thing I can imagine you feel is bad about is is the fact that we thought we could trigger it last night and then found out we couldn't.

Our event has a limitation of only occurring after Episode 1. We asked Varsoon if that meant we could trigger our event on N1, for resolution during D2, and he said yes. This made me think the stress level was checked upon resolution, NOT triggering. He clarified when we tried to trigger it last night, in case stress rose enough over the night for it to resolve today.

I asked you about doing my vig shot, which I said something about it day 2, why wouldn't I use it day 1 when cakez was sure to be lynched?
I have an event that triggers at night.

Varsoona said that scumclaims will be good claims though. So having scum only have night events makes zero sense Farside.
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3486 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

If it was anything, it would make more sense to argue only scum events take place during the day, given an event stalled SirCakez flip.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3487 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 3448, Reasonably Rational wrote:So your theory is that we first put in a bunch of effort to make a case and convince people to lynch SC, but then we wanted to distance from that? What the hell?
No, it's pretty obvious that what you did was a distancing act the whole time: I call bullshit on your case being "a bunch of effort" with "effort to convince". It was a case, alright. But was it actually useful? No. It was nothing. Your vote wasn't at a pivotal time as you claim: it was at a time where it was already inevitable SirCakez was going to be the lynch. It didn't take a genius to tell that much. I knew it long before then that he was going to be lynched, and by your own claims, you're no morons, now, are you? You're smart enough to have seen it too and to have abandoned any effort to save him when it became clear he couldn't be saved.

On that note, I don't particularly think this to be a strong point, but I'd like to point out all the same: people were unvoting SirCakez after he claimed, so your unvote on him was at a time where unvoting him could have swung momentum
off
of his lynch. It didn't; it was a bit late (momentum was already kicking back up) and there wasn't any viable counterwagon going on at the time, but if there had been, then half the wagon on SirCakez disappearing including some notable strong players would have been enough to cause said counterwagon to gain the lead.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3488 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 3450, grapes wrote:The question is why did you bother making a case on obvscum?
grapes said succinctly what I said not so much. Butyeah, this is the heart of it.

There was no point to the SirCakez case.

This is like a town of Drawn On Arrival caliber (I miss that "Best Performance: Town" scummy, but oh well, we still have Kodac to nominate for I suppose): we all just...
got it
when it came to SirCakez.
We didn't need reasons.
We didn't need logic.
We didn't need a case.

We all saw it, individually, and as a whole, after a few distractions here and there largely on shinies (with some lengthy arguments between strong town voices), we lynched him.
My academy.
Agnigi
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3489 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 3485, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

-Cerb

Varsoona said that scumclaims will be good claims though. So having scum only have night events makes zero sense Farside.
I just figured he was lying about having the event.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3490 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

-Cerb

Why wouldn't you use a day kill ability on someone when that someone was sure to be lynched? Is that an actual question?

~D
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3491 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by farside22 »

Your being dumb on purpose.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3492 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:17 pm

In post 3489, farside22 wrote:

-Cerb

BECAUSE YOU'RE FUCKING CONFBIASING.

Anyways, I'm done, Drixx can keep talking if he wants to, but between Mastin's ego and people just following her, I really can't be bothered to spend more time on this. Isn't like having me around in the late game has ever actually done my teams any real favors, it just makes town BARELY lose, but I'd rather not waste a shitload of my time again working on a lost cause.

@mastin: Is the above fake or really how I feel about the situation?
-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3493 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:17 pm

In post 3489, farside22 wrote:

-Cerb

BECAUSE YOU'RE FUCKING CONFBIASING.

Anyways, I'm done, Drixx can keep talking if he wants to, but between Mastin's ego and people just following her, I really can't be bothered to spend more time on this. Isn't like having me around in the late game has ever actually done my teams any real favors, it just makes town BARELY lose, but I'd rather not waste a shitload of my time again working on a lost cause.

@mastin: Is the above fake or really how I feel about the situation?
-Cerb
Show

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3494 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 3464, Reasonably Rational wrote:Mastin. One word: SMITE.
Drixx, I really don't get how you can be so smart in some ways but utterly incompetent in others, and this is a comment which applies regardless of your alignment this game in this case.

If there's one thing you should've learned about me at this point...

...It's that trying to make me feel shitty about my past game failures doesn't work, so I really don't know why you bother to try. You're not going to convince any other players by mentioning them, and you're not going to make me feel bad by doing that, so I really don't get why you do this, regardless of what your alignment is.

Now, I just so
happen
to think this is a tactic you'd be more likely to employ as scum (it's a pretty despicable tactic and I'd like to think that you have a scum role PM to justify using it in the first place), but that's beside the point.
My academy.
Agnigi
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3495 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by farside22 »

Why wouldn't I use the vig ability on day one rr?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3496 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 3466, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:@Mastina, I'm actually scumreading both Farside AND RR right now based off this interaction.
You're wrong on farside. Trust me.
There aren't many reads I won't budge on.

Farside being town is one of them.

I'd be more open to the idea of RR being town than I'd be to farside being scum. I think I made this exact comment on D1. Held true then, still holds true now.
My academy.
Agnigi
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3497 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:25 pm

mastin, I really want you to answer my question, so I can stop checking this thread until tomorrow. Quite curious about your response.

Also, you said that about Creature yesterday, not farside22, but it was the same comment yes.
-Cerb
Show

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3498 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3308, mastin2 wrote:
In post 3285, Reasonably Rational wrote:@mastin: you do realize that nobody died last night, yes?
No, Firebringer is dead.
He was killed.

I'd rather not explain how I know this right now.
I just know he was.
Hmmm... did you have to use the word "know"?? I would have preferred to live my own dream of him being bubbled away by Garnet to prevent him from giving stuff to the wrong people. Oh, well.

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3499 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:28 pm

Also, I'm not ignoring your question farside22, Drixx just think it's a very dumb one and he doesn't want to spend any more IQ points answering it, basically...and I want to make him answer the damn question because it's a line of inquiry he started.

-Cerb
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”