Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 3598, farside22 wrote:
In post 3596, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:VOTE: Farside

Meh, I kinda don't feel like lynching Shiro. Why shouldn't we lynch you?

Because I'm not scum.
Why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:35 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3600, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

Because I'm not scum.
Why?

Because the mod gave me a town PM.
I asked him when I pre/in if I could be town, I hate being scum these days.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 3594, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Cerb,

I think your comments against the general approach are misplaced. If approaching this thread by the scientific theory, it's guess and check. Then correct. That explains the pattern you see. It's frustrating and from your PoV incorrect but still a valid strategy but it isn't yours.

I am more pragmatic than most. Even if you're scum (assuming Mastina correct), there is low long term ev in forcing you to be lynched today. I just don't see why we wouldn't trigger your ability first. You can't refuse to use your ability without confirming yourself as scum. Then we get confirmation of whether you are town or scum plus reads to work from. I don't happen to think you are scum maybe, so I guess null.

Why don't you case your biggest scumread? Start to now?

~Titus
I will eventually, but right now I see no personal benefit to dumping my weekend into this game. I know it's optimal to maximize the information we share and our obligation to prevent at mislynch, but right this moment, I don't care about winning at all. I care about enjoying myself, and playing mafia isn't the most enjoyable way to spend my time. If town wants to rush a lynch they can. If they care about what I have to say then they'll hear it.

Right now, only you, NC, and now Random have responded to our posts in a non-dismissive fashion, but the 8 people still voting us are unmoved, and one of them has a vig pointed at our heads. It's incredibly implausible that we don't end up dead today, so I'm not going to drop everything to help people who are being stubborn. I'll do it in my own time, wagon and vig be damned. It'll happen sooner rather than later most likely, but it won't delay a single iota of possible enjoyment from the rest of my life.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:36 am

Post by farside22 »

Why you wking scum shiro?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:36 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3603, farside22 wrote:Why you wking scum shiro?
@Obi head that is probably beeboy
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:37 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3602, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3594, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Cerb,

I think your comments against the general approach are misplaced. If approaching this thread by the scientific theory, it's guess and check. Then correct. That explains the pattern you see. It's frustrating and from your PoV incorrect but still a valid strategy but it isn't yours.

I am more pragmatic than most. Even if you're scum (assuming Mastina correct), there is low long term ev in forcing you to be lynched today. I just don't see why we wouldn't trigger your ability first. You can't refuse to use your ability without confirming yourself as scum. Then we get confirmation of whether you are town or scum plus reads to work from. I don't happen to think you are scum maybe, so I guess null.

Why don't you case your biggest scumread? Start to now?

~Titus
I will eventually, but right now I see no personal benefit to dumping my weekend into this game. I know it's optimal to maximize the information we share and our obligation to prevent at mislynch, but right this moment, I don't care about winning at all. I care about enjoying myself, and playing mafia isn't the most enjoyable way to spend my time. If town wants to rush a lynch they can. If they care about what I have to say then they'll hear it.

Right now, only you, NC, and now Random have responded to our posts in a non-dismissive fashion, but the 8 people still voting us are unmoved, and one of them has a vig pointed at our heads. It's incredibly implausible that we don't end up dead today, so I'm not going to drop everything to help people who are being stubborn. I'll do it in my own time, wagon and vig be damned. It'll happen sooner rather than later most likely, but it won't delay a single iota of possible enjoyment from the rest of my life.

-Cerb
I moved my vote.
Just an fyi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 3601, farside22 wrote:

Because I'm not scum.
Why?

You had Cakey as a scum read. When momentum shifted to lynch Cakey, you had a mysterious townread based on what he said. Yet, you haven't divulged any of it, or looked at how Cakey manipulated you.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:40 am

You can't lynch farside because she will just shoot someone and end the day. Optimal play to do so regardless of her alignment.

-Cerb

Pedit: yes, moved your vote while still posturing about shooting us and ending the day. For some reason that doesn't fill me with relief.

Also, your response to my wall was incredibly apathetic and lazy. What part of what I said was untrue?
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Shiro »

In post 3603, farside22 wrote:Why you wking scum shiro?
I do not think I am, miss SirCakez is town.
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:49 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 3607, Reasonably Rational wrote:You can't lynch farside because she will just shoot someone and end the day. Optimal play to do so regardless of her alignment.

-Cerb

Pedit: yes, moved your vote while still posturing about shooting us and ending the day. For some reason that doesn't fill me with relief.

Also, your response to my wall was incredibly apathetic and lazy. What part of what I said was untrue?
Ooh this sounds like a challenge. Forcing scum to act irrationally and hastily isn't a bad idea. If Farside is indeed scum, we want that ability used sooner, rather than later. It definitely cannot be around in lylo.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:53 am

For the record, I'm having trouble reconciling the idea of farside as scum with her having a gun that ALSO costs town a lynch. Unless the ability has some other cost associated with it (most likely loss of a NK or something like that), I can only see that being a balanced tool to give to scum in the presence of 1) a number of traditional day vigs, or 2) day role blockers/neutralizes of some sort.

But even then...if Farside22 didn't claim that, how would anyone know to stop her? Hell, farside, is your vig publicly activated or privately activated?

-Cerb
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:54 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3606, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 3601, farside22 wrote:

Because I'm not scum.
Why?

You had Cakey as a scum read. When momentum shifted to lynch Cakey, you had a mysterious townread based on what he said. Yet, you haven't divulged any of it, or looked at how Cakey manipulated you.
In post 3609, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 3607, Reasonably Rational wrote:You can't lynch farside because she will just shoot someone and end the day. Optimal play to do so regardless of her alignment.

-Cerb

Ooh this sounds like a challenge. Forcing scum to act irrationally and hastily isn't a bad idea. If Farside is indeed scum, we want that ability used sooner, rather than later. It definitely cannot be around in lylo.
1) I explained it, you never read it.
2) I plan on using it today, so no need to worry your head about it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:54 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3610, Reasonably Rational wrote:For the record, I'm having trouble reconciling the idea of farside as scum with her having a gun that ALSO costs town a lynch. Unless the ability has some other cost associated with it (most likely loss of a NK or something like that), I can only see that being a balanced tool to give to scum in the presence of 1) a number of traditional day vigs, or 2) day role blockers/neutralizes of some sort.

But even then...if Farside22 didn't claim that, how would anyone know to stop her? Hell, farside, is your vig publicly activated or privately activated?

-Cerb
I can do it public or private. I chose to tell people about it and really didn't have to.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:55 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 3587, Creature wrote:I like meta arguments.

VOTE: Shiro
In post 3590, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:I did a brief reread of a50's ISO last night. I still don't know where you get A50 as scum beyond ardent defense of scum and that looks more like denial.

Meta reads are garbage.

VOTE: Creature

Let's see what happens.
In post 3592, Randomnamechange wrote: Holy shit this is so fucking stupid. Mastin how do you even confbias this hard. You are literally refusing to acknowledge anything RR is saying as right.
VOTE: farside
I will follow RR to the death.

stop making bad votes please
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:56 am

Post by farside22 »

-Cerb

Sorry but I'm still trying to understand your scum read on players so don't mind me while I skim your post waiting for that.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:59 am

In post 3612, farside22 wrote:
In post 3610, Reasonably Rational wrote:For the record, I'm having trouble reconciling the idea of farside as scum with her having a gun that ALSO costs town a lynch. Unless the ability has some other cost associated with it (most likely loss of a NK or something like that), I can only see that being a balanced tool to give to scum in the presence of 1) a number of traditional day vigs, or 2) day role blockers/neutralizes of some sort.

-Cerb
I can do it public or private. I chose to tell people about it and really didn't have to.
Yeah. This can't really be scum. I just don't see how to make it work mechanically. Lurk, keep quiet about it, then town just loses because their last lynch is stolen from them.

-Cerb

Pedit: oh, so your problem is that you only care about the reasoning behind my reads, and nothing else I say or have done previously is significant to you?
Show

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:59 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

Where is the post that I missed allegedly Farside?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:00 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3613, McMenno wrote:

In post 3590, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:I did a brief reread of a50's ISO last night. I still don't know where you get A50 as scum beyond ardent defense of scum and that looks more like denial.

Meta reads are garbage.

Let's see what happens.
In post 3592, Randomnamechange wrote: Holy shit this is so fucking stupid. Mastin how do you even confbias this hard. You are literally refusing to acknowledge anything RR is saying as right.

Nah, shiro is scum here.
I'm giving milk and cookies to more votes on her if need be.
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 3615, Reasonably Rational wrote:

-Cerb
Yeah. This can't really be scum. I just don't see how to make it work mechanically. Lurk, keep quiet about it, then town just loses because their last lynch is stolen from them.

-Cerb

Pedit: oh, so your problem is that you only care about the reasoning behind my reads, and nothing else I say or have done previously is significant to you?
But if they have conftown they cannot kill in lylo?
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 3617, farside22 wrote:
In post 3613, McMenno wrote:

Meta reads are garbage.

Let's see what happens.

Nah, shiro is scum here.
I'm giving milk and cookies to more votes on her if need be.
Giving cookies... Lols.

Giving cookies to Shiro to vote is my thing.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:02 am

Post by farside22 »

-Cerb

-Cerb

I'm more interested in your reads. Sorry that's just how I am.
In post 3616, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Where is the post that I missed allegedly Farside?
No, you go back and look beeboy. I did quote after fucking quote day 1 of things you didn't read correctly.
Do your own work.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:03 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3618, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

-Cerb

-Cerb

But if they have conftown they cannot kill in lylo?
Big red X.

I can use my ability at any time there.
Sorry.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:05 am

That's fine, but don't launch attacks at me based on things you don't care about and make me waste my time telling you why you're wrong. Thanks.

-Cerb

Pedit: why wouldn't they be able to use it to kill conftown in lylo? I mean, a lylo gate would be reasonable, but seriously, the power is absurd in scum hands. It's like a scum gladiate without any of the risk inherent in that.
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:08 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3622, Reasonably Rational wrote:That's fine, but don't launch attacks at me based on things you don't care about and make me waste my time telling you why you're wrong. Thanks.

-Cerb

Pedit: why wouldn't they be able to use it to kill conftown in lylo? I mean, a lylo gate would be reasonable, but seriously, the power is absurd in scum hands. It's like a scum gladiate without any of the risk inherent in that.
I didn't ask you to do anything.

I'm just going to go back to lurking at this point.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3360, Shiro wrote: HINT: Maybe it had to do with the joyride and him being town amids scum. Just a thought you guys. Just a thought. Almost did say there would be an event at night from it.
In post 3360, Shiro wrote:almost did say he wanted somethign to succeed from there and next day the universal townread member of it disappears
Every single post I read from you makes me want to strangle you not with a rope, but with barbed wire.

1- Joy Ride was DISSOLVED before the day ended, and thus there was NO night event resulting from it.

2- FARSIDE dissolved Joy Ride, not FB.

3- If I was scum with Far, she wouldn't have dissolved my event, would she? You would think scum would have the decency to pre-plan together before they triggered an event. You'd also think they'd convene and pick the members of their own event.

4- IF the event was handpicked by scum, and it had an effect on some town player who would have to be on it for the effect to take place, you would think scum would go for some STRONG town player. Someone who would be a threat to the scum team regardless. FB only revealed his role during the Exposition phase (i.e. after the event was already on). You'd think Mastina, Obi or even RR would've been picked in there for the kill (since that's what you're implying it did).

5- The name of the event ALONE should make it clear it's a TOWN event.

6- If you missed that, the event had NO EFFECT on the stress level. Scum event tend to up the stress level.

7- You're whole argument (and -in fact- every other argument you make) is so dumb I have nothing to respond to. I only use sarcasm and humour to avoid outright calling you a shrimp.

8- The only think keeping me from voting you now and picking up on my tunnel from yesterday is the lack of confidence in all my reads from before as a result of the SC flip. I'm working on it though, and I think that I WILL end up voting you again and again and again until you're gone.

9- Being stupid is a privilege. Some just abuse it.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”