2016 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:14 am

Post by PJ. »

PEG, I have a hilarious DFS lineup to show you. If it wins, we can laugh at scrubs.

It has McCown on it.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Bella »

Who are these people, and what have they done with the Browns?

Well, the special teams are still the Brows with that defensive 2 pointer...
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Bella »

SOUND THE ALARM DANGER DANGER JACOBY TIME HAS BEEN BROUGHT UPON US
Show
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

I hate my cable company. I went to the parents for sunday dinner early today. I did this because the browns ravens game was not being televised by my cable provider. The PIT vs CIN and the SF vs CAR game were being televised instead. I can forgive the PIT vs CIN game given the division but SF vs CAR smh

Time Warner > Armstrong Cable
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:38 am

Post by scotmany12 »

At least you aren't in the NY area where CBS loses their double header this week cause the Giants are playing at home. Stupid NFL tv rules.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:46 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 304, scotmany12 wrote:Stupid NFL tv rules.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Bella »

I guess the Browns escaped captivity.
Show
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:24 am

Post by Wraith »

Early game takeaways

[*] That Bengals-Steelers game had some of the most abominable officiating I've ever seen. We were the better team, but the Bengals got robbed badly on a
lot
of calls. Personally feel like the rain ruined an excellent game.
[*] Giants should be better than this offensively but aren't. Very concerning.
[*] Traditional Ravens near-implosion/implosion vs the Browns. I'm not too concerned about them. But the Browns are like 1-15 dead if McCown is out.
[*] Massive upset by the Titans. Didn't see or follow that game so I have no idea what happened.
[*] 49ers are not the dumpster fire I thought they were
[*] Texans are seriously legit. If Garropolo isn't there next week the Pats are screwed and Texans are easily AFCS winners
[*] Redskins are in serious trouble.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:43 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 307, Wraith wrote:[*] 49ers are not the dumpster fire I thought they were
no, they are. they just got some lucky breaks.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:52 am

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 305, PJ. wrote:
In post 304, scotmany12 wrote:Stupid NFL tv rules.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Bella »

In post 307, Wraith wrote: [*] Massive upset by the Titans. Didn't see or follow that game so I have no idea what happened.
Stafford was having a good day until got hit low (which should have drawn a flag but didn't) and his accuracy went to shit. It was like the one play that didn't draw a penalty, lots of flags thrown in that one. The Titans were garbage, but put up two decent drives at the end to score two TDs and win.
Show
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Bella »

Also, I hope Matt Flynn and TJ Yates are sitting near their phones, if Jimmy G's out for next week, one of them might be starting QB for the Patriots next week...
Show
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Llamarble »

Brissett actually did okay. Maybe get someone else in case he goes down too but I'd expect more out of him than a Yates/Flynn type with only a few days to prepare. I'd support picking up Peyton Manning for a couple games though because that would be hilarious.

I think "Patriots are screwed" is overstating the Texans' chances. I don't think the Texans are screwed either but I doubt they have more than a 40% chance of winning, especially if Gronk comes back.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:38 am

Post by T-Bone »

Not worried, sometimes you have to spot the Browns 20 points to make things interesting.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

raiders suck boys time to pack it in and tank

nowhere near playoff worthy.

falcons garbage team
still cant cover tes
middle of the field open 1000% of the time.

seemsgood
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Bella »

In post 312, Llamarble wrote:Brissett actually did okay. Maybe get someone else in case he goes down too but I'd expect more out of him than a Yates/Flynn type with only a few days to prepare. I'd support picking up Peyton Manning for a couple games though because that would be hilarious.

I think "Patriots are screwed" is overstating the Texans' chances. I don't think the Texans are screwed either but I doubt they have more than a 40% chance of winning, especially if Gronk comes back.
Brissett threw 9 passes in more than a half of football. Now, that's at least partly a consequence of Jimmy G making actual dolphins want to sue for defamation before he got hurt, meaning the Pats just ran all second half and drained the clock, but it's slightly worrying considering how close it got.

Given that the Pats are on a short week, Brissett will probably start, now I think about it. Also makes Yates a more likely signing - whilst Flynn is familiarish with the system (from the 2015 preseason), Yates played for the Texans last year in broadly the same system and is more familiar with the Texans defensive personnel and scheme, in the event that the Pats need him to start.
Show
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

If houston starts 3-0 i will need to rethink afc south
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 316, PokerFace wrote:If houston starts 3-0 i will need to rethink afc south
You needed to do this 2 weeks ago.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:59 am

Post by Wraith »

Whoops forgot to do this

Late Game Takeaways

[*] Rumors of Arizona's demise have been greatly exaggerated.
[*] The Seahawks are in
serious
trouble. There's no way they make it back to the playoffs IMO with such stiff competition for the WC in the NFC
[*] The Colts are just not good. I can't see any way Grigson and Pagano survive this season if they keep playing like they have been.
[*] Raiders defense is baaaaaad. Offense still seems good though. I can't really get a good judgment on the Falcons this early, I've consistently overrated them in the past and that's taught me that they're wildly inconsistent.
[*] Like I've been saying for weeks, the Vikings are for real. Their defense is elite. I've been hearing people talk about there being something wrong with Aaron Rodgers all morning, mentioning his leg and his confidence.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Last night Sam Bradford out performed Aaron Rodgers. I need to make sure the reactor on my time machine is ok. Make sure it didn't somehow cause that
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Bella »

In post 316, PokerFace wrote:If houston starts 3-0 i will need to rethink afc south
[optimistic homer]They won't.[/optimistic homer]

Still need to rethink it. The Jaguars are seriously disappointing, they have the roster to win that division but they're just... not good. Maybe the problem was coaching all along. Sunday was Gus Bradley's 50th game as a head coach. He's 12-38 - 169th out of 170 of all the NFL coaches who've had that many games as a head coach. The only one behind him was Bert Bell, who managed to avoid being fired because he also owned the Eagles. That's not all down to bad roster.
Wraith wrote:Rumors of Arizona's demise have been greatly exaggerated.
Yeah, Palmer looked back to being his normal self. I said it was too soon to write them off after last week, and that performance proved me right.
The Seahawks are in
serious
trouble. There's no way they make it back to the playoffs IMO with such stiff competition for the WC in the NFC
Let's not make the same mistake with the Seahawks you literally just commented on with the Cardinals. Their defence is still legit - they've conceded 19 points in two games - and have has Rawls and Wilson hobbled by injuries the last couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong, there are reasons to be concerned about the Seahawks, but "serious trouble" is going too far. Against the Rams, you could see how much Wilson's ankle was hurting them, there were several sacks or near sacks that a healthy Wilson could have avoided and bought time to make a play with his mobility.
Like I've been saying for weeks, the Vikings are for real. Their defense is elite. I've been hearing people talk about there being something wrong with Aaron Rodgers all morning, mentioning his leg and his confidence.
Going back to last season, he's on a 14 (?) game streak without a passer rating of over 100, and his yards per attempt are drastically down. There's something wrong with Rogers. It might be his o-line, though, cutting Sitton because they weren't willing to pay him what he wanted seems like a poor move right now. The growth from the Vikings D is pretty impressive, though. It helps that Bradford and Diggs seem to have instant chemistry, though some of the hits he took should worry Vikings fans.
Bella wrote:
In post 312, Llamarble wrote:Brissett actually did okay. Maybe get someone else in case he goes down too but I'd expect more out of him than a Yates/Flynn type with only a few days to prepare. I'd support picking up Peyton Manning for a couple games though because that would be hilarious.

Brissett threw 9 passes in more than a half of football. Now, that's at least partly a consequence of Jimmy G making actual dolphins want to sue for defamation before he got hurt, meaning the Pats just ran all second half and drained the clock, but it's slightly worrying considering how close it got.

Given that the Pats are on a short week, Brissett will probably start, now I think about it. Also makes Yates a more likely signing - whilst Flynn is familiarish with the system (from the 2015 preseason), Yates played for the Texans last year in broadly the same system and is more familiar with the Texans defensive personnel and scheme, in the event that the Pats need him to start.
Jimmy G has a sprained AC joint, so it's likely they'll bring someone in today. I'm half worried that Belichik might get cocky and decide that Julian Edelman is enough of a back up option for two games rather than bringing someone else in, especially if the Browns get to their first choice before they do...
Show
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Bella »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lman-no-2/

plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno plsno
Show
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:08 am

Post by Wraith »

Let's not make the same mistake with the Seahawks you literally just commented on with the Cardinals. Their defence is still legit - they've conceded 19 points in two games - and have has Rawls and Wilson hobbled by injuries the last couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong, there are reasons to be concerned about the Seahawks, but "serious trouble" is going too far. Against the Rams, you could see how much Wilson's ankle was hurting them, there were several sacks or near sacks that a healthy Wilson could have avoided and bought time to make a play with his mobility.
The thing is with the Cards, while there were some concerns about Palmer and their defense, they still performed
okay
against a strong contender and lost the game off a bad snap. The Seahawks have now had two terrible performances in a row against weak opponents. My concerns are less about the defense and much more about their O-Line, which as expected has opened the season disastrously. They still have to play the Cards twice, the Jets, the Pats, the Pack, and the Panthers. Even some of their mid-level match-ups - such as against the Bucs, Falcons, even the Eagles - look like tough games for that offense.
Show

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:26 am

Post by PJ. »

What's better, a college qb turned pro receiver at qb or a college receiver turned pro qb at qb?

Return to “General Discussion”