Basic
Basic
Goon
Basic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Basic »

In post 707, Wisdom wrote:i dont like how theres yet another counterwagon attempt on creature
What i dont like is weak lynches. When half the players are LURKERS.
I can get on with a lurker lynch.
But it was stated Creature was in a few games as well as i'd assume having a life?
This lynch attempt was piss poor and i say that having just replaced in myself.
In post 731, Gamma Emerald wrote:Kraska, I think the same of your substanceless "x is town" posts.
Ditto.
In post 734, kraska77 wrote:
In post 731, Gamma Emerald wrote:Kraska, I think the same of your substanceless "x is town" posts.
How is typing out my reads substanceless when it gives people an idea of where my heads at?
There were promises of content.
There was NO SUBSTANCE TO THAT CONTENT.

And your refusal to Gamma to elaborate 736 is further proof of that.
In post 741, I Am Innocent wrote:Why is the RM wagon still only at 1?
Rm why are you posting in other games yesterday but getting prodded here?
Why haven't you voted yet?
Why are you so bad at scum?
Nero wagon is dumb. Ank is prob scum too.
Its stuff like the above that really make me question my read on you every few pages.
Creature/Spynik opinion please.

Great its on 751!
#Disgust. RM is a moot point. It's like a break up. Get over it and under something else.
In post 762, Wisdom wrote:why would scum RM mention he doesnt like you if he doesnt want to go toe to toe with you?
Re:IAI. Flawless reasoning.
In post 774, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 773, Sondam wrote:
In post 685, Synik wrote:Hello.
STOP THE LURKER VOTES THIS SHOULD BE COMMON SENSE YOU DON'T LYNCH LURKERS
~M
Lurker votes = large wagons = pressure = forces lurkers to participate = better chance of getting a read on them = good

So why u yelling Maria?
Bad, bad logic. You dont lynch slots that have just been replaced. You've just remade my shitlist. Fab!

Im being smothered with all the posting but whatever. I seen Gamma agreed with me and i stick by that.
In post 777, Sondam wrote:Don't ever vote lurkers people who replaced in even more give people time to catch up it's really rude not to
~M
This.
In post 780, Sondam wrote:
In post 779, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 777, Sondam wrote:Don't ever vote lurkers people who replaced in even more give people time to catch up it's really rude not to
~M

Change the word vote to lynch and I agree with u. Nothing like a little pressure to motivate someone to catch up quicker.
Why would you want to rush people on reads when they can be half assed because of said rush? ~M
And this.
In post 782, iraonavp wrote:
In post 699, Nero Cain wrote:I am lynching you two when Creature flips scum.
I agree, same.
THATS
REAL
NICE IRONVP.
And actually gives me substantial reason to keep you in the shitlist.
In post 785, Mewtaph wrote:I actually agree
Side order of reasons please?
In post 787, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 406, Nero Cain wrote:I also kinda dislike Gamma's post about leaving Cakes alone till day 3
In post 640, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 638, Wisdom wrote:but how are you scumreading Gamma?
his thing about how Cakes is always scummy and we should wait till d3 to read him seems like something scum might say to defend a town.
ok lets stop pretending you are paying any attention to this game b/c you clearly aren't.

but yes, hoping on my wagon with shit all reasoning and then hopping off after being so sure I was scum is p shady.
DONT YOU DARE try to distract yourself from the (polite words) situation YOU JUST CREATED

In post 789, Nero Cain wrote:Ank, if the Creature slot flips scum tell me why I shouldn't string you from the tallest tree?
Are you ACTUALLY lining up lynches? LMFAO.
could see mew as town if Synik is scum and I just generally view the Synik voters as town.
EXPLAIN. PLEASE. RIVET ME ON THIS NERO.
Dont worry if you forget, ill requote it repetitively if you do.
In post 801, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 795, Gamma Emerald wrote:I didn't explain my vote on you, but I did have reasoning
Why didn't you explain? What is your reasoning? Why did your scum read on RM become so much stronger than your scumread on me?

I will admit that I didn't realize Creature replaced out until Creature was replaced so congratulations on pointing out that I'm more interested in finding scum than noticing NAI events.
You'd already had that chat with Wisdom about voting on lurkers/inactive slots.
You left with the "replacement better explain that" mentality. *Headcock*
And failed to vote a lurker who was then later replaced. Only when he was replaced did you vote.
In post 820, Nero Cain wrote:Great idea Basic, I should have left my vote on Ooba and continued to vote a vanity wagon when I can vote a scum that has a chance of getting lynched. This whole "don't vote empty slots, don't vote lurkers" is like the silliest thing ever.
No. Its not. This was not a lurker lynch.
I cant remember if it ever was. In which case - so much scum.
There were already5 or so votes on that slot.

Lurker!scum know what the story is.
You were piling on votes on someone who'd just replaced in and encouraged others to do likewise.
Neither giving the replacement time to catch up nor form any reads and it's pressure they do not need when undertaking a read.
It results in sloppy work.
And you've been here since o9. This really shouldnt need explaining to you.

There were legit reasons to vote Ooba imo too. So riddle me this.
What made the Synik one more appealing?

Cause all im thinking you seen was: more votes.

Your pressure theory was already in practice once the replacement came in and can fly out the damn window.

Cause lets face it. If Sondam and Gamma hadnt had stopped that wagon then, that was an easy lynch for scum.
What you done was opportunistic, unnecesary and inconsiderate. Deal with it rather than trying to dodge it and twist my words.
In post 824, iraonavp wrote:
In post 822, Nero Cain wrote:Guys guys guys, a vote doesn't
LYNCH
anyone.
Pressure voting is useless and you're just trying to do it to get attention.
Do i smell distancing? I cant be sure yet.
In post 825, Ankamius wrote:
In post 816, Basic wrote:572 has me on the fence.
What do you mean by this, exactly?
Can we not do this right now Ank? Im in the middle of a tirade and all - and its just awkward to try to break it up with reasonable thought.
Think of whatever it was as im not sure how i felt about this one. I can read back after and let you know then if it was anything important? But im sure i would have stated it if it was.
In post 833, Nero Cain wrote:This game feels p much like http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=67600 where I was pushing a known lurker to get a reaction out of them and scum PEP argued that I tried to
LYNCH
them. Its basically the same argument that Basic is making. While I know they are different players the similarity of their arguments seem more scum motivated than town.
Again, twisting words.
But I dont care for your meta. It is less than useless to me, for you to tell me, what someone else done to you, refers to what i am doing here.

Its not the lurker lynch im opposed to. Ive stated i have one Policy/Lurker lynch max per game rule.
I have the "Someones just replaced in and should post their thoughts." mentality in case we're both town.
What if they find something i missed?

So again dont twist my words. It doesnt help my perception of you.

Spoiler:

Explain to me why the Ooba/Snarky was a vanity wagon please?

@Gamma. Christ this tirade thing is not just gonna happen for me is it?
1.I know that. The RVS vote was a joke and this was my response to it. A joke.
2.Ok.
3.I dont know when it happened tbh but i started townreading you at about 400.
4.Lol. Again as i said the post was like a diary. It wasnt meant to be insulting. :)
5.IAI was probably the person my read bounced on a lot. At times he seemed quite pro town, interested and inquizitive. I found his thoughts on RM ok. But its degraded into unnecessary tunneling and then the added vote on Spynik/Creature.
6. I havent liked her lately, yet she started off very townie. Ill probably look over the reads.
7. IDK. He's not the highest on my scumlist, apparently he's hard to read anyway so im okay with him today at least and depending with NKs and everything it may not even matter.

@Snarky. Why? And Im hoping theres more to focus on than just Nero.

Ill probably reread again at some point to go over things. But not loving this.
Not loving this at all.
If it's not going to be remembered in Five years time,
It's not worth worrying about Five minutes longer.
Basic
Basic
Goon
Basic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by Basic »

@Ank. Oh i was on the fence about why you got off the cakes wagon when im still there! In a way.

I was scumreading cakes for unnecessary Hark talk when i considered Harks vote self explanatory and that "it felt weird" should have been enough.
It felt like a tunnel and I didnt like it.
I done the same thing with Gamma. But i started townreading him somewhere about 400.
Cakes read went down eventually, Hark/Gamma and cakes seemed to meet a kind of resolve over it, from memory and he'd gone back to neutral.
But added then with the agro over Cakes calling out Sondam for keeping her vote on him, who ive heavy townreading is like...... it could be tvt but im just not sure.

Anyway. I dont see why your town reading cakes but at this point im not intending on pushing it anyway.

Whats the deal with Narna though? I dont follow that at all.
If it's not going to be remembered in Five years time,
It's not worth worrying about Five minutes longer.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 850, Basic wrote:Are you ACTUALLY lining up lynches? LMFAO
So there is a SHIT TON of resistance to the Creature wagon and I should not think his defenders are scumbuddies if he flips scum why?
In post 850, Basic wrote:EXPLAIN. PLEASE. RIVET ME ON THIS NERO.
Mew was being voted by scum, Creature voters are voting scum. This isn't difficult logic why are you acting like it is?
In post 850, Basic wrote:You left with the "replacement better explain that" mentality. *Headcock*
And failed to vote a lurker who was then later replaced. Only when he was replaced did you vote.
I'm not really getting your point here. Like I voted Ooba b/c he was scummy
BEFORE HE REPLACED OUT
. I mean its 11 to vote and this was before the Creature wagon so why shouldn't I want to vote scum? I'm also not to proud the admit that I'm sheeping and I think Creatures ISO is p bad and I can understand why people thinks he scum.
In post 850, Basic wrote:What made the Synik one more appealing?
NO ONE WAS VOTING OOBA!

In post 850, Basic wrote:I have the "Someones just replaced in and should post their thoughts." mentality in case we're both town.
ok cool. Creature wasn't about to get lynched.
In post 850, Basic wrote:Explain to me why the Ooba/Snarky was a vanity wagon please?
there was only like me and 1 other voting it.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

hrmmm...I'm torn between "Creature is scum getting defending by her scum buddies" and "I'm being attacked by scum for the way that I'm treating Creatureslot"
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 832, KuroiXHF wrote:Synik (6/11) - Kraska77, Wisdom, SirCakez, Nero Cain, I Am Innocent, Harkonnen97
Like I was the 4th vote on a scumspect and my vote was "inconsiderate" like WTF is that shit.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

He was no where NEAR lynch range. This whole attack from Basic is so fucked up.

Remember how I lynched CR for fussing at me for how I treated Ira? Very similar.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think Basic is prob scum thats piggybacking on this whole "don't vote lurkers" shit from Maria.

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 676, Wisdom wrote:Bro wagon is interesting if Creature ever flips scum
Indeed it is, but it also goes the other way around
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by Narna »

A lot of this is dated and probably mostly irrelevant by now but I was prodded so
In post 430, Vecna wrote:
In post 344, Narna wrote:I'm liking Sondam and Vecna for town.

I think Ooba, IaI, or Ankamuis are scum. VOTE: Ooba

It's a busy weekend for me. I'll be free to post more after tomorrow.
Please make sure that you do. And -when- you do, please explain this stuff
Sondam was mostly gut, and I liked the way you were trying to put pressure onto Ank at that time in the game. Nothing important or interesting aside from Hark's jokes had happened before then. Ooba and IaI were mostly for their votes on Hark, but I don't think two scum would be the first to jump on something so flimsy. I remember Ooba's vote feeling way worse. Ank was mostly a gut read, but I was hoping to get some sort of reaction from Ank combined with your pressure. I'm not sure if his vote on me was what I was looking for, but the responses to it will be nice to have down the line.
In post 445, Mewtaph wrote:Busy weekend, i had other things to do

People are referring to the Anka votes as a wagon now? Lmao
wait shit my plan is foiled better hop off that wagon like its hot

VOTE: Narna
Hey what's up
In post 455, Mewtaph wrote:Just realised Anka was voting Narna already, ew
ayy what's good, what's your read on Ank?
In post 468, iraonavp wrote:
In post 428, Narna wrote:Just come to my defense when it matters and we'll be cool.
Doesn't sound like talking to someone you think is
town
scum-aligned...
I'm telling him how to get that juicy townread. This seems like an arbitrary thing to fixate on.
In post 559, Ankamius wrote:
In post 423, Narna wrote:I was leaning town on Gamma until he defended Hark's joke out of the blue with the pt background. I think this is more likely scum attempting to buddy or defend his scummate than it would be town coming to another player's defense for a risque joke which registers nai for me. He's not more suspicious than Ooba or Ank though.
What made you comment on Gamma specifically?
It was a combination of Iraon just giving his read on Gamma, and that he was one of the few players I had a better read than gut to give.

You associating me with Kraska's meta read was needles shade thrown my way, and this was after you unvoted me too. I don't like it, but it's not really alignment indicative.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by Narna »

On Nero switching to Creature, that is the best vote that isn't Ooba/Snarky at the moment in my opinion. I might switch over, but I don't think my presence is going to help the wagon look more appealing right now, and would probably kill any pressure that's left.
In post 697, Gamma Emerald wrote:I agree with this wagon. Sondam, this is the first one you've started that I feel good about.
VOTE: Nero Cain
Gamma hasn't said much about Sondam this phase. Something about this pings not genuine.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by Narna »

And yeah this Ooba/Snarky vote is a vanity vote at the moment. People should pile on.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:41 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 859, Narna wrote:On Nero switching to Creature, Creature/Synik is the best vote that isn't Ooba/Snarky at the moment in my opinion. I might switch over, but I don't think my presence is going to help the wagon look more appealing right now, and would probably kill any pressure that's left.
For clarity.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:15 pm

Post by Vecna »

@Nero - do you still stand with the reads list that you posted earlier? And how strongly do you feel about them at this point in the game? (see below spoiler). Wondering what changed and if you can explain some of the townreads on the lurkers a bit more since it seems to be its quite hard to draw that conclusion this early.

Spoiler:
In post 797, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 752, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 746, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 741, I Am Innocent wrote:Nero wagon is dumb.
its only dumb if I get lynched. I agree that Ank is prob scum and when he flips scum I'll be conf town wich is a good thing but that means I'll die at night so :/
Where you at? I'm struggling this game. I feel good about you, Wisdom, and Kraska at this point. Few others I'm okay with. Don't like Ank, RM, and [insert lurker name here]
I think when Gerry is scum he does shit all and is tentative with his voting and I could see the dominant head (maria) of the hydra taking control of the hydra. I also think her "unvote Creature!" and "don't vote lurkers!" are wank but I could easily see her as town and providing cushion for the pushin' on my wagon.

could see mew as town if Synik is scum and I just generally view the Synik voters as town.

I could buy a RM as town with that shit vote from Gamma.

This seems a little like normal lurker Bro and not the scumBro I played with in Mastins game.

TL:DR

town

2. Sondam (MariaR/Gerryoat)
3. Randomidget!
4. Harkonnen97
8. BROseidon!
10. Kraska77!
11. Wisdom
12. Iraonavp
13. SirCakez
14. Narna!
15. I Am Innocent
16. Nero Cain
17. ActionDan!!
20. Vecna
21. Mewtaph

coin tosses

1. Not_Mafia!
5. JasonWazza!
6. Basic

scum

7. Synik
9. Ankamius
18. Gamma Emerald
19. SnarkySnowman

At any rate, finally some wagons forming. Could it be scum protecting creature and diverting onto nero? Or actual town being honest about their intentions and trying to protect the poor replaced guy and finding a real scum?

Still on the fence on it myself, but I do find Basic's push to not lynch creature and go for Nero cain instead - very strong -. I did like his intro into the game though, but I feel his current push appears almost too certain for anyone on day1, especially after just replacing in.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 862, Vecna wrote:Could it be scum protecting creature and diverting onto nero? Or actual town being honest about their intentions and trying to protect the poor replaced guy and finding a real scum?
The former
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Ira pls stop and leave maria alone
Come back to creature
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Post by Wisdom »

{Synik, Ank, Snarky, Mewtaph} is my current guess
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

not Basic?

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:05 pm

Post by Wisdom »

nah hes probably town
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:06 pm

Post by kraska77 »

In post 856, Nero Cain wrote:I think Basic is prob scum thats piggybacking on this whole "don't vote lurkers" shit from Maria.
I feel the opposite
Basics posting on creature kinda reeks of pocketing, it doesn't look like scum protecting scum at all
If synik flips town, I'm tunneling basic into oblivion. I'm fairly certain synik is fliping scum tho so basics probably town
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:07 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Quoted the wrong post. Wanted to quote 855
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Scum hunting is not a static endeavor and it may or may not change when more information and data comes to light but for the most part? Yeah I feel relatively confident about my reads. I'm a big occam's razor fan and it says that players voting scum are town and players voted by scum are town. I'm fully aware that bussing and distancing is a thing but the simplest explanation is that they are town.

The only two "lurkers" on my town list are AD and Bro. AD is gut and Bro is maybe POE town but yes, he should ride in the "coin toss" section.

I don't know why you think my reads would drastically change in 100 posts but Basic can climb up my scum list and as you pointed out Bro can be downgraded a bit.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 868, kraska77 wrote:Basics posting on creature kinda reeks of pocketing, it doesn't look like scum protecting scum at all
If synik flips town, I'm tunneling basic into oblivion. I'm fairly certain synik is fliping scum tho so basics probably town
It could be that too but I don't feel like Basic should get a town read if synik flips scum.

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:16 pm

Post by kraska77 »

In post 859, Narna wrote:I might switch over, but I don't think my presence is going to help the wagon look more appealing right now, and would probably kill any pressure that's left.
You're way self conscious about this, its weird
Get on creature wagon o/
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:19 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Wisdom wrote:Ira pls stop and leave maria alone
Come back to creature
Okay.

VOTE: Creature

Basic, what is your read on Creature? You are yelling too loud indoors...
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:58 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Im not discussing my null reads. If anyone finds my town read list agreeable barring some doubts on Sondam/Wisdom, then i believe we are on the same page and you should form a town block with me. That being said if u dont share similar town reads u probably shouldnt bother asking because u simply wont understand
UNVOTE: BROseidon

Wisdom and kraska's incessant and annoying one-liner blocking/defending is something I don't appreciate

more importantly,
My read list is outdated except for my first 2 sentences. also nero is super fucking town. so much so that im probably not going to scum read them for the rest of this game. +1 to my personal scumreads for everyone on that wagon

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”