Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5625 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

"The great William Dewey didn't struggle! He was good at everything on the first try! Just like me when I wrote this play! Not a single word needs to be changed!"
-Mayor Dewey,
Historical Friction
VOTECOUNT 2.13

Mathblade (8):
mastin2, Almost50, Shiro, Xkfyu, McMenno, DrippingGoofball, Yume, Titus
DrippingGoofball (4):
Klingoncelt, Not Chara, Firebringer, SnarkySnowman
Shiro (2):
Mathblade, Farside22
Shadow_Step (2):
Kraskaeaque, Creature
Farside22 (1):
randomidget
grapes (1):
killthestory
Xkfyu (1):
Skybird
Kraskaeaque (1):
grapes
Creature (1):
Shadow_Step

Not Voting (3):
Reasonably Rational, TheWayItEnds, TheFuzzylogic99

With 24 Alive, it takes 13 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-02 00:10:00)
The Current Stress is +1:

Skybird and Farside22 are V/LA until 9/25/2016
Xkfyu is V/LA until 9/26/2016
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5626 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

So your entire read is a meta read based on CoolDog and nothing based on my slot because those arguments were torn to shreds. Do you have anything not hypocritical and not bullshit on me? No. Then move your vote off me.

Especially when the biggest proponent in Titus "conf towned" me by calling me a rational townie.

Vote Shiro. There is the scum that needs rope today.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5627 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:32 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5478, grapes wrote:VOTE: Kraskaesque
Understandable, but I'd prefer you not do this.
I tend to reserve the term 'shiny' for players who are town that're distractions, and kraskaesque is increasingly failing the town half of that. (I really empathize with why you voted after . I get it. I really, really do! It's just not what you're needed for right now.)
But, I can say that
regardless
of their alignment, they are nonetheless a distraction from Mathblade.

I need your help pushing that through, especially if you don't want some shitty lynch you don't support to go through in its stead.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5628 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:33 am

Post by MathBlade »

Enough of this regardless of alignment bullshit.

We are here to lynch scum. Not who you dislike. Not who you want to be scum but who is actually scum.

That is Shiro. Vote there.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5629 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:35 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5487, Shadow_step wrote:On page 42 currently. I'm onto some things but don't expect anything spectacular till tomorrow evening at least. My main focus currently is the development of the SC wagon. In Varsoon's last game we lynched scum day 1 too. But that didn't end up well. IIRC more than half the scum team was on that wagon.
(Speaking of Loopdan-like players......*)

(*I mean, he's less likely to be scum since his slot doesn't
quite
fit the pattern as well,
butstill
......**)

(**Also this would be a scumteam that would be comprised almost entirely of lurkers or former-lurkers when factoring in Mathblade's slot, so......)
My academy.
Agnigi
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5630 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

And again you do not address Titus conftowning me. Address it Mastina.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5631 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5629, mastin2 wrote:
In post 5487, Shadow_step wrote:On page 42 currently. I'm onto some things but don't expect anything spectacular till tomorrow evening at least. My main focus currently is the development of the SC wagon. In Varsoon's last game we lynched scum day 1 too. But that didn't end up well. IIRC more than half the scum team was on that wagon.
(Speaking of Loopdan-like players......*)

(*I mean, he's less likely to be scum since his slot doesn't
quite
fit the pattern as well,
butstill
......**)

(**Also this would be a scumteam that would be comprised almost entirely of lurkers or former-lurkers when factoring in Mathblade's slot, so......)

Also this doesn't factor in Mastina playing like an idiot because I am town.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5632 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:40 am

Post by mastin2 »

Rescinding what I just said about Shadow_step now, obviously, with onward.
My comment there was that Shadow_step had gotten that far into the game without either asking questions or doing analysis, which I found a bit sketchy, but without prompting, he does so at that point. It's a bit odd timing-wise, so there's less towncred to be had than I'd prefer, but all the same, at that point, Shadow_step is bringing some fair points, quotes, and analysis forward, which I feel make him incredibly more likely to be town.
My academy.
Agnigi
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5633 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:47 am

Post by MathBlade »

...Mastina.

Answer me.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5634 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:50 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5518, Not Chara wrote:should i have said their 'paranoia surrounding you' was townie? casting doubt on conftown is the same as being suspicious of conftown.
No, it's not. The terms aren't synonyms. They have alignment connotations to them for good reason. I agree with you that Mathblade was doubtcasting: doubtcasting being the act of throwing shade onto a town player to try and make players doubt them. This is not an effort to scumhunt. It is an attempt to slander a player, essentially, and try to subtly widen the gap between the town, attempt to break apart a strong townbloc, and sew seeds of discord.

This is distinctly different from having suspicion of a player. A player having suspicion of another player isn't trying to make the other player look more suspicious. A player having suspicion of another player is trying to
lynch
or at least
strongly convince
other players that they are right.

You can see this sort of thing in, say, Firebringer. He is bluntly, directly, saying, "I call bullshit" in regards to my knowledge. He is wrong, but he is doing it all the same. Seeing this in Klingoncelt is one reason she's off the table. Her response was similarly, "I call bullshit" in regards to me. And, of course, my response to others at times has been exactly that: calling bullshit, explaining why, and trying to convince others I am right.

This is inherently different from what Mathblade did. Remember when grapes said that thing about Mathblade looking for reasons to justify reads? (I forget grapes's exact wording, but the point's been brought up at least three or four times between both grapes and I, and you were involved, so you know which point I refer to.) Yeah, well, this is basically an extension of the same concept: rather than believing what she is saying and trying to convince others (as with above examples among others), she is trying to be indirect, to weaken the stance of players without accepting accountability and responsibility for doing so.

In short? A lack of commitment. A lack of shown belief. A lack of reasoning, of explanation, a total lack of drive behind her reaches. That's what doubtcasting is, compared to having doubts and expressing them.
My academy.
Agnigi
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5635 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

Let me get this straight. You are suggesting that I don't have belief when I am barely able to hold my head up and fucking post to stop your bullshit.

I have believe. I am also calling out all the bullshit hypocritical and outright lies I see. The only difference is there is more of it my way as I am actively being wagoned but I am pushing Shiro when I can.

Again you ignore Titus conftowning me. *glares*
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5636 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Titus »

Mastina catching up. She will see your post.

I do not have a town read. Every other rational townie, meant all the rational town but me.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5637 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:04 am

Post by mastin2 »

(Apologies in advance Mathblade if a wrong pronoun slipped through. This is a fairly long post, and the longer the post, the more likely I am to accidentally drop the wrong one on someone.)
In post 5525, Not Chara wrote:do you think desperate scum Mathblade would still attempt to play the long game by going after conftown/obvtown? when they're about to be lynched?
That's the smart play, yes. I'd do it. And I know Mathblade would too. I have a fairly decent psychological profile on them. Notably, so too does Titus, given, you know.
Titus is Mathblade's sister
. You have the two players who best know Mathblade in the game, both saying basically the same thing about them, that their actions fit with a scum profile of them and that they are
not
being even remotely pro-town at all.

Mathblade is playing as scum. Every move Mathblade has been making has been strategic, start to finish. The entry, where Mathblade avoided giving too much info when they were near lynch. Their push back, when it looked like they could maybe survive. Their casting doubt on the confirmed town, something vital to do for scum in the long-term. (What's the worst that happens if Mathblade's lynched? The conftown were already conftown, so it's not like they can become MORE conftown. What's the best that happens if Mathblade isn't lynched? People buy what they sold. So, it's a NO-risk, HIGH-reward move.) Not to mention, doubling as a way to fake being "insane town", when Mathblade is anything but insane. Their mostly-omgus pushes have been moves that wouldn't give the town information we didn't already have. Every step along the way, Mathblade is carefully progressing to manipulate the chess board, and Mathblade as scum does exactly that: strategic thinking ahead.

Take a look at Gistou if you don't believe me. The only reason players of that game caught them was because they were strongman-nightkilled. Otherwise, they had virtually everyone absolutely fooled, and their scumteam's plan was to set them up as the long-term survivor specifically because Mathblade is skilled at running the long game, creating procedures, and following them through step by step.

And while Mathblade replaced into a disadvantageous starting position, as if missing half of their chess pieces, they have already assessed the situation and begun making moves to lay long-term traps and plans. This is not what Mathblade does as town. Mathblade replacing into this game as town has one focus, and one focus ONLY: scumhunting. Getting all information out, as fast as possible,
especially
with the threat of a lynch looming over them.

All this said
i think you should drop the point about their role.
I do agree with you here.
Titus is wrong about the role point.

Most of Titus's other grievances, however, remain valid.
My academy.
Agnigi
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #5638 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:06 am

Post by Creature »

Titus
Skybird
Almost50
Farside22
Yume
grapes
mastin2
Not Chara
Kraskaeaque (kraska77 + lyncanfire)
killthestory
McMenno
Firebringer
Sigh
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #5639 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:09 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 5638, Creature wrote:Titus
Skybird
Almost50
Farside22
Yume
grapes
mastin2
Not Chara
Kraskaeaque (kraska77 + lyncanfire)
killthestory
McMenno
Firebringer
is this town

hey let's accept that all mathblade is currently doing is posting noise
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5640 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

No Mastina.

Titus tunnels me almost every game we are in. She believes she has caught me every time except when she is scum. She is terribad at reading me.

The TLDR of that is you are policy lynching me if town and scared I will tunnel Titus if scum. You are scared of what I did in Gistou same as almost50 who wait for it. Advocates for a policy lynch.

I am flattered but Mastina doesn't ignore posts and Mastina shouldn't policy lynch.

I am town. Shiro is the scum fuck you want to lynch.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5641 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5636, Titus wrote:Mastina catching up. She will see your post.

I do not have a town read. Every other rational townie, meant all the rational town but me.
Excuse me while I am choking on your bullshit and policy lynch players.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5642 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Firebringer »

Pretty sure shiro isn't scum.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5643 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:11 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5528, Almost50 wrote:I think the reason was FB was going to give a vig shot to someone they scum read and/or the target of the gift openly announced their target whom the "bubbler" was town reading. (Ex: Shiro said they'd shoot me, farside would vig Titus I think.. etc). The Gem also either wasn't too sure of FB's alignment or wasn't town read by him (thus could not actually "dictate" his action to him).

So, what was the best course of action? Isolate him. Prevent him from gifting out something potentially harmful to town, even if it was at the cost of either killing or vanilaizing him. Something lead them to believe he was town (could be a reread or a night action) so they opted not to kill him.
Pretty much, yeah. For obvious reasons, no details, but I can more or less confirm that this is along the lines of accurate.
In post 5533, Creature wrote:MathBlade, I don't know why, but I get a feeling Loopdan replaced out because he got scum (as his town self is usually more active).
Admittedly I also have that feeling, but nonetheless it's not an accusation we should make even if it turned out to be true, because it's pretty shitty to accuse the player of using a real-life reason as justification for replacing out. (In short, even if it turns out that Loopdan used a real-life reason to justify replacing out as scum...not an accusation we want to make.)
My academy.
Agnigi
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5644 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 5439, Shiro wrote:Fire. What was your prison like?
It we boring and sad cause you weren't there to cheer me on
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5645 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 5643, mastin2 wrote:
In post 5528, Almost50 wrote:I think the reason was FB was going to give a vig shot to someone they scum read and/or the target of the gift openly announced their target whom the "bubbler" was town reading. (Ex: Shiro said they'd shoot me, farside would vig Titus I think.. etc). The Gem also either wasn't too sure of FB's alignment or wasn't town read by him (thus could not actually "dictate" his action to him).

So, what was the best course of action? Isolate him. Prevent him from gifting out something potentially harmful to town, even if it was at the cost of either killing or vanilaizing him. Something lead them to believe he was town (could be a reread or a night action) so they opted not to kill him.
Pretty much, yeah. For obvious reasons, no details, but I can more or less confirm that this is along the lines of accurate.
In post 5533, Creature wrote:MathBlade, I don't know why, but I get a feeling Loopdan replaced out because he got scum (as his town self is usually more active).
Admittedly I also have that feeling, but nonetheless it's not an accusation we should make even if it turned out to be true, because it's pretty shitty to accuse the player of using a real-life reason as justification for replacing out. (In short, even if it turns out that Loopdan used a real-life reason to justify replacing out as scum...not an accusation we want to make.)
So town vanilized me because they thought I was scum giving a gun to other scum? Like what? How the fuck does that make sense.
Show

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5646 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:13 am

Post by MathBlade »

I am not strategizing Mastina.

I am merely repeating 28 million (exaggeration) Shiro is scum. Shiro is who we should lynch.

And when my town flip comes I hope you eat your words because Titus is downright deplorable at Mafia.

Listening to her will lead to a town loss because she is either scum or playing stewpidly and I am Titus's sibling.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5647 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:13 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5538, Titus wrote:Right now, I hear excuse after excuse about how you'll come after town at every opportunity.
And, need I remind you: this is an excuse that has lasted across
all three occupants of the slot
. Cooldog gave it. Loopdan gave it. And Mathblade has, continuously, time and time again, given it.
My academy.
Agnigi
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5648 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5640, MathBlade wrote:No Mastina.

Titus tunnels me almost every game we are in. She believes she has caught me every time except when she is scum. She is terribad at reading me.

The TLDR of that is you are policy lynching me if town and scared I will tunnel Titus if scum. You are scared of what I did in Gistou same as almost50 who wait for it. Advocates for a policy lynch.

I am flattered but Mastina doesn't ignore posts and Mastina shouldn't policy lynch.

I am town. Shiro is the scum fuck you want to lynch.

I've told you exactly what to do.

Look at the game and give detailed analysis supposing Shiro, almost50, myself, yume, Mastina, grapes, and mcmenno are town.

I'm not seeing that analysis Sis. I am literally doing more than most to help youif you're town.

@Fire/Mastina, you get my picture? ;)
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5649 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Firebringer »

Spoiler: post
In post 4969, Shiro wrote:
In post 4958, farside22 wrote:
In post 4915, Titus wrote:@Farside: Klingon mentioned she didn't know what AUA was. AUA is equivalent to town.

Klingon here says we fight for crystal gems when we fight for Earth.
See here you said kling used those words.
That is incorrect, it was Shiro interpretation of it that way.
That's not the same.
HOW, TELL ME HOW THE FUCK IT IS SO?

You dont go around fucking claiming bs flavou saying peridot is a corrupt gem one moment showing TOTAL FUCKING DISREGARD AND NO KNOWLEDGE of the flavour and then go around saying your faction wrong because flavour wise it makes sense.

YOU. FUCKING. DONT

How hard is it to realise that? Seriosuly how fucking hard is it ? If you stop for a single moement to be the most biased person in tis game, you would be able to see further than your "Shiro is scum, there is nothing else in the world" viewpoint.

Oh and let me tell you, I already said that I haven't read what Math has said par the bloody claim, I just didn't, not yet at least. Simple as. Read is the same as it was before she replaced in and I still trust the majority of her bloody wagon to believe that it is a sound place to place a vote.

Happy, miss farside ?

You keep pressing the fucking point abou tme scumreading math when I honestly never said I did, iike what exactly are you trying to gain here ? What ? Tell me ? What change in PoV is this going to give ?

This is so not a scum shiro post. It's townie as hell.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”