Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:38 am

Post by cicero »

shaka!! wrote:Also, may you reword your question please?
@Shaka - I don't understand this. What are you asking exactly?

I think your case on Huck has merit to some extent. My reservations on it are as follows:
1. Battlemage acts like that all the time.
2. Kakeng claimed he was town in another thread (more or less).

Still - it's a good lead.

Do you see any nefarious evidence in Hackerhuck's play?
----------------------------

@Hackerhuck - Why did you suspect White more than Flea? What conclusions do you draw from ToasterStrudel's play since entering the game? Does it make you more or less suspicious then her predecessor?
-----------------------

@Shaka - Back at you. What do you think of White/toasterstrudel. Do you think Huck's case against White has merit? Do you think he is bussing? Does it make you more or less of the opinion that that spot is townie or scum?

Mod Edit

Vote Count

HackerHuck- 2 (Toaster Strudel, shaka!!)
pwayne66- 2 (Skruffs, HackerHuck)

Toaster Strudel- 1 (cicero)

Not Voting- 2 (ChocolateAttack, somestrangeflea)

5 to lynch
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:59 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

Skruffs wrote:Chocolate Attack - I respect that you think my scumlist is crummy, but you still haven't posted one that you think is worth looking at. Please do so. :)
Also, and this is more interesting, why do you keep saying there is only one scum left?
[quote='Skruffs"]However, you've referred a few times to the last scum - what do you think the setup is? Why do you say there is only one left?[/quote]

I did post one scumdar in the early game but reluctantly after being forced by White. I stated my reason before for why i don't post scumdar. You might go back and find it, i forgot the post number already.

There two kills in night 1 and there is 3 indications of the kills; the stab and shot of Jester, shot of Gorgon.

Here is my interpretation of what going on night 1. There were 3 nk so there must be 3 forces that lurk at night. From where i think, there would be a sk, 2 mafia and a vig. I don't think the vig killed Gorgon because Jordan was bold the word "very scummy" so i though it would be the sk but one thing i find contradict about my theory was if the vig didn't kill Gorgon then why did he killed Jester?

Due to 3 night actions, i think there would be 2 mafias, 1 sk and a vig
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:11 am

Post by shaka!! »

cicero wrote:
shaka!! wrote:Also, may you reword your question please?
@Shaka - I don't understand this. What are you asking exactly?
You asked me a question, I didn't understand it so I asked you to ask the question in a different manner.
cicero wrote: I think your case on Huck has merit to some extent. My reservations on it are as follows:
1. Battlemage acts like that all the time.
2. Kakeng claimed he was town in another thread (more or less).

Still - it's a good lead.

Do you see any nefarious evidence in Hackerhuck's play?
----------------------------
It's agitating because the more it's been put aside the weaker its become and I am starting to doubt the case myself. Cicero, saying that BM acts like that all the time is helping him ever so much, because it gives him merit to use that as a defense, whether he is scum or not. I don't let peoples play style in other games affect my opinion at all.

What thread?
cicero wrote: @Shaka - Back at you. What do you think of White/toasterstrudel. Do you think Huck's case against White has merit? Do you think he is bussing? Does it make you more or less of the opinion that that spot is townie or scum?
Toasterstrudel is a very distractive player. In this game at least. She is too straightforward and I wouldn't trust her at all. Her play style is very.. Aggravating in terms of she makes me want to lynch her because of the way she plays the game yet I don't want to take the chance and lynch her because..

I don't think HH's case on White is worth lynching over. It has some merit but I don't think there is enough to go with a lynch.

I don't know what bussing is and I don't know what spot you are asking about.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:24 am

Post by cicero »

@shaka

With respect to rewording my question, it's ok. It was rhetorical. You answered it fine. My point was that you weren't going to sway anyone's vote. You basically made yourself look scummier with the impatience. But whatever. I do that all the time. I'm often impatient.

The thread is called Tough Love. It's in Mafia Discussion. On the second or third page. I was bitching about all the quitters in this game and Kakeng came in and said he quit because he was becoming distracting to the town. It isn't much to go on and I wished he hadn't done it. But I had to take it into account. If he hadn't I might have been begging to lynch that role by now.

Bussing is when one scum deliberately does things to get his scumbuddy killed. It's a short form of "Throwing him under a bus" or "pushing him out in front of a bus". Splat. Your friend is dead. You killed him. Usually it's done when scum believes that their chance of winning will improve with the sacrifice of their teammate, often it's because that teammate looks so scummy that NOT voting for them would look weird.

Spot = that player. I'm repeatedly having trouble describing a name for a cluster of players all playing the same role in this game.
-----------------------

What about Strudel's ridiculous reversals WHEN COUPLED with HH's case against White. It looked to me like she came in to the game and pretended to read the game and screwed it up. Since then she has not demonstrated the attention to detail one might reasonably expect from a scumhunting townie.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:47 am

Post by shaka!! »

cicero wrote:@shaka

With respect to rewording my question, it's ok. It was rhetorical. You answered it fine. My point was that you weren't going to sway anyone's vote. You basically made yourself look scummier with the impatience. But whatever. I do that all the time. I'm often impatient.
I'm worse because not only am I impatient but I'm hypocritical too.
cicero wrote: The thread is called Tough Love. It's in Mafia Discussion. On the second or third page. I was bitching about all the quitters in this game and Kakeng came in and said he quit because he was becoming distracting to the town. It isn't much to go on and I wished he hadn't done it. But I had to take it into account. If he hadn't I might have been begging to lynch that role by now.
But that is what he was saying in this thread too. I was attacking him on BM and his inactivity (I think) and he rambled on about distracting the town and getting replaced.
cicero wrote: Bussing is when one scum deliberately does things to get his scumbuddy killed. It's a short form of "Throwing him under a bus" or "pushing him out in front of a bus". Splat. Your friend is dead. You killed him. Usually it's done when scum believes that their chance of winning will improve with the sacrifice of their teammate, often it's because that teammate looks so scummy that NOT voting for them would look weird.
In that case, I do not think HH is bussing.
cicero wrote: Spot = that player. I'm repeatedly having trouble describing a name for a cluster of players all playing the same role in this game.
Yeah I thought you meant that but I was more specifically asking as to whose spot you were asking about.
cicero wrote: What about Strudel's ridiculous reversals WHEN COUPLED with HH's case against White. It looked to me like she came in to the game and pretended to read the game and screwed it up. Since then she has not demonstrated the attention to detail one might reasonably expect from a scumhunting townie.
I got that feeling too (about the fake reread). In my browser I've got this game bookmarked as the cursed #499 because of all the distracting players we've had and all the replacements we've gone through. It's players like her that make this game so much harder to play because of all the options presented about what to do about that player.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:55 am

Post by cicero »

@Shaka - In this thread it means nothing. Saying it in another thread after being replaced means something. More likely to be spoken for truth there.

The spot referred to Hackerhuck.

I think White was ambiguous enough and Strudel careless enough that she should be the lynch for today. But I need to re-read White one more time before I can be absolutely sure. I remember eventually thinking that he was very good at being active without actually pursuing a goal. Very different from Skruffs's approach.

Remember how he was willing to use his vote to slap me - back when you went along too and threatened to put your boot in my ass for losing my temper? Might want to go re-read that.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:02 am

Post by shaka!! »

Yeah, picture perfect. Long day at work lol. Sorry about that.

With the deadline closing in I think that Strudel might be our best shot for today, I'd rather get rid of someone that is completely distracting and could throw off our scumdar that could also possibly be scum than go with anyone else. I don't see enough evidence to convict anyone else. I'd rather wait for a town consensus before throwing votes out though.

HH's case against White does not change my opinion about the 'spot' he fills.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:10 am

Post by cicero »

Well... I dont want to vote Strudel for being distracting. She doesn't deserve that. We just lost a townie with Theo and they don't come cheap.

If you think she's town, please don't vote for her. I'm voting her because her entry into the game, to me, STANK, and White's play was 50/50 at best. She also accused me of "going after" skruffs when I was not. Basically she's trying to skim just enough to seem to be in the game, when really she isn't.

Sorry dude, but minor FOS for you on this whole "let's just kill a townie and move on" thing. You should reconsider that attitude. I'm not bolding it because my heart/gut isnt in it yet.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:18 am

Post by cicero »

Discussion Topic For The Class Due to Deadline

Should we "No Lynch?"

Nomally I would never never never NEVER NEVER NEVER advocate no lynching. But Theo was just modkilled, and we are far from a consensus on who is the scummiest of us all. Should we just coast through to tomorrow and see what information (deaths) the night brings?

If not! (and I expect many will say NOOOOO!!!!) please list for me you TOP THREE candidates for a lynch. With reasons in as much detail as you need to to make your thoughts compelling, referencing past posts (yours or theres) where possible.
--------------------------------
I want everyone on record on these questions and everyone should do a big fat FOS for anyone who keeps their head down. We have a deadline, people. I am doing a re-read and will post my top three when it is complete.
---------------------------------
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

I'm sorry folks, it's true, I've been skimming. But I won't anymore. I tend to have difficulty with details, so I hope you'll be patient and bear with me.

Top three candidates for lynch.

SKRUFFS
Gorgon (who was scum) voted for 3 players. Very frequently, scum will vote for their buddies within the first 3 players they will vote. Distancing. Gorgon's random vote was me; second for CLA (Skruffs) and the third for deadalus (our dead cop). Deadalus is town; I know I am town; therefore, by this one criteria that has worked very well in the past, I would say that Skruffs has a high probability of being scum.

CICERO
Looking at Skruff's and his many predecessors makes cicero especially suspicious.
CLA has some very odd, inexperienced scumbuddy comments about Cicero. Prof Guppy said that players that flake tend to be pro-town... FOS's cicero, voted theo, FOS'd shaka and SSF. Erotomachia also had a bone to pick with cicero and SSF, exculpated everyone else. Skruffs voted White, and voted cicero. Skruffs and all his predecessors might have been guilty of distancing with cicero.

HACKERHUCK
A distant third, on account of Gorgon voting for him (suspected distancing).
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Oh, this is rich.
This:
cicero wrote:
Mod: This concerns you

As for questions about the modkilling: Theo was a lurker the whole game. Is it entirely possible that sitting in that empty seat is either the serial killer or Gorgon's sole mafia partner. In fact it is entirely possible that the partnership was Skruffs, Gorgon, Theopor. While that seat is empty, in my view, the game is already broken. So I either want someone sitting in that chair that I can analyse or I want to take my chances with getting it out of the game. If it comes up town, that's unfortunate but hardly unworkable. We have one dead scum already and I could then eliminate Theo as a suspect. If he comes up scum then yay for town, we have a happy Cicero. Either way I'll live.
followed by:
cicero wrote:Well... I dont want to vote Strudel for being distracting. She doesn't deserve that. We just lost a townie with Theo and they don't come cheap.
Also,
MOD! Stop being Cicero's bitch!
You modkilled Theo and put in a deadline on CICERO'S POST alone.

Vote : Deadline Retraction

My top three scum are:
1 - Cicero
I know, same story as the rest of the day. But I have many many little reasons and if PWayne and Cicero both want to say it is bunk, then fine. They are still reasons for me and I stand by them. Also, Skitzer was suspicious of both Cicero and Gorgon, and gorgon came out being scum even though everyone apparently thought he was town. It is reasonable to think that Skitzer had a fairly good reason for me to think that Cicero is scum.

2- Pwayne - He plays behind the scenes mostly. He goaded the CLA wagon without actually voting it. He defended someone for a claimed reason that doesn't really make sense, not one day, but two. Not jsut defended, but refused to consider. Regardless of the 'validity' of another player's case, a player should not refuse to loko at someone BECAUSE someone else has looked at them.

3- HackerHuck - This was mostly based on his attempt to suggest that there was no SK in this game, or no vig, or whatnot. Plus, he was fairly subtly (in my opinion) trying to direct scum, which would only be useful if there are two scum roles, and a doctor.

Not on my list at this time:

Chocolate Attack - While I am a bit suspicious of Chocolate Attack suggesting there is only two mafia, which suggests internal knowledge, I have taken his response to my post as townlike.

Toaster Strudel - THe only case I saw against SSF was Cicero saying that SSF was doing a 'classic' scum action in the beginnin gof hte game, but when I asked Cicero what the case was later, it had been completely dropped. Considering that Cicero revoted SSF while me and PWayne were having a pretty indepth discussion, for the reason of "This is a fall back vote" (or whatever it was), I think the wagon is an oppurtunistic one.

Shaka!! -
I've kind of lost track of what Shaka's case on HH is. He says it is the only good lead we've got. WHat is this lead? I don't quite buy that his anger at Theo being modkilled is genuine, but that's open for interpretation.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:54 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Skruffs wrote:Shaka!! -
I've kind of lost track of what Shaka's case on HH is. He says it is the only good lead we've got. WHat is this lead? I don't quite buy that his anger at Theo being modkilled is genuine, but that's open for interpretation.
Well it hasn't changed much so you can't really lose track of it.

Also, I genuinely am angry at the modkill, I'd rather have lynched Theo and gotten more information about the mafia from the night kills, atleast that way we would have
something
to go with.

Post my top 3 later.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:01 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Really, my top three hasn't changed all that much. I can't say that TS has impressed me since coming into the game, but I've been focusing more on Pwayne of late because he's changed his behaviour. I'm not sure what to make of his vote on Skruffs, because it does seem a bit OMGUSsy. Maybe that's how I missed it before. Anyway, Toaster Strudel is still on my scum list. She's not really done anything to lessen her scumminess in my eyes, but Pwayne's taken more of my attention. Lastly would be SSF. I'm starting to wane on this one a bit, but I think it's only because he's been flying under the radar again. I can also believe Pwayne could be scum with either one of the others, while I can't see a TS/SSF partnership.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:43 am

Post by Skruffs »

I guess I am asking you to reiterate what the lead is.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:02 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Can somebody that isn't me please ask the following questions, it seems that this forum has a new "ignore user" function:

@skruffs-

1) How am I playing behind the scenes?
2) You really need to eloborate who I defended and what they are claiming.
3) When did I indicate that I refused to consider anybody
4) When did pwayne push the CLA wagon?
5) You have been accused of mischararterizing pwayne. Rather than addressing it, you continue to say the same things. Why?
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:07 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Same deal with HH. Ask him:

1) Why did you ignore my question about your vote?
2) Would you answer it now?
3) You were suspicious of me because I wasn't scum hunting, and then because I was. Despite this change of opinion, you voted for me for not scum hunting, but now you seem to be saying that you are voting for me because I am. Which is it?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:17 am

Post by Skruffs »

pwayne66 wrote:It is unfortunate that CLA has become suspect #1. I don't think he is a big fan of posting. Could be a long day 1 if we have to wait for responces. Oh and
lynch -2
on CLA.
"Could be a long day if we have to wait for responses" followed by a reminder he is at -2. DId you vote? No. Did you expound on the case? No.

Unlike the AlyG wagon, where you questioned if the votes on it were still random, the CLA you make no attempt to hinder. And the "Man day will take a while if we have to WAIT for him" is a subtle goad to encourage people to lynch him (without you getting your hands dirty).

You then work to dismantle the Orlowski wagon, makign your own opinions about him with NO knowledge to back it up.
"He may be acting scummy as hell, but I like him, so build a stronger case if you want my support" is the general equivalent of what you are saying,

then you push the CLA wagon *more* with "The CLA wagon seems justified. The town isn't working cohesively to sniff out scum and I blame the unanswered questions leveled at CLA and Borchmore absence. Scum or not, CLA is hurting the town at this point."
So even in this post, you are saying that people who defend themselves are fine, people who don't talk are good to lynch, and people who attack people who are acting scummy, you just turn a blind eye to.

Hmm, this reminds ome of a situation I am in in a game me and you share, almost exactly the same situation as today, actually...

Now for the other numbers:

2 - You deflected the case on Cicero off of him, yesterday. Are you not aware of this?
3- You wrote off my case on Cicero today, and said you were not goign to CONSIDER HIM as scum unless we had a better case on him. One of the biggest frustrations and suspicions I have about you being scum with him is your reluctance to consider him as possibly being scum, even going so far as to 'bury the hatchet', publicly, in a different game from the last one, which makes ties between you. Then to say that that's all it is, and to SAY you have no idea what Cicero is, but to then continue to strike down other people's arguments and NOT offer any observations of your own, which is DEFENDING him, I am confused why you even feel like you have to ask this question.
4- (See beginning of post)
5- Please explain where I have mischaracterized PWayne? I will be happy to counter with examples where he has mischaracterized me.

Lastly:
You keep demanding that *WE* need to *CONVINCE* *YOU* who to vote, which takes the buden of responsibility (conveniently) off your shoulders.
However, the bulk of your arguments seeem to be refuting teh 'validity' of cases. With the COP dead, there is NO WAY To 'prove' someone scum, there are only cases, which are built on CASES. You are aware of this, because instead of actual scum-hunting directly, you are only scum-hunting by way of reacting to other people's attempts at scum hunting. Your entire 'playstyle' seems to be to discredit scum-hunting without actually being proactive yourself. And then you whine about the days going on forever and ever. Hmmm.

Post-LAstly-
Maybe I don't answer a lot of questions. To a degree, this is because I post a lot from my cell phone, and havae no real ability to quote or to take notes or to even change pages. IT's *not intentional*.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:31 am

Post by cicero »

pwayne66 wrote:Lastly:
You keep demanding that *WE* need to *CONVINCE* *YOU* who to vote, which takes the buden of responsibility (conveniently) off your shoulders.
However, the bulk of your arguments seeem to be refuting teh 'validity' of cases. With the COP dead, there is NO WAY To 'prove' someone scum, there are only cases, which are built on CASES. You are aware of this, because instead of actual scum-hunting directly, you are only scum-hunting by way of reacting to other people's attempts at scum hunting. Your entire 'playstyle' seems to be to discredit scum-hunting without actually being proactive yourself. And then you whine about the days going on forever and ever. Hmmm.
I disagree with almost everything Skruffs says, but not the quote above. It's one thing for Pwayne to say "No one has convinced me" but not once in the game has he tried to convince anyone of anything. It is exceptionally passive, keep my hands clean, play.

@Skruffs - Believe it or not, I am town. I know you can't know that and I welcome your continued barrage... but you need to take one minute and try to look at the game as if Cicero was actually town and see how that changes it's complexion. I mean, if you aren't scum. I'm doing the same thing now with regard to Flea as I re-read to make my "Top Three".
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:02 am

Post by pwayne66 »

skruffs wrote:"Could be a long day if we have to wait for responses" followed by a reminder he is at -2. DId you vote? No. Did you expound on the case? No.

Unlike the AlyG wagon, where you questioned if the votes on it were still random, the CLA you make no attempt to hinder. And the "Man day will take a while if we have to WAIT for him" is a subtle goad to encourage people to lynch him (without you getting your hands dirty).
So, I defended on confirmed townie and I didn't defend another confirmed townie. That's pushing? To tell the truth, I did a quick meta of CLA and determined that this was a pattern for his play. I didn't vote because he was at lynch -2. I didn't expound on the case because there was none. This post was a deliberate challenge to CLA to post and a warning that he was at L-2. I thought he needed pressure.
Is this scummy?
and then
Tell me, had I venomously defended CLA, would you be saying that I was scummy for doing so? Why or why not?
I ask because it seems as though most of your scumtests indicate scumminess if they turn up true or false. These are all positions that you have taken:

If Skruffs is NK, then cicero= scum
If Skruffs is not NK, then Cicero = scum
If pwayne defends a townie, then pwayne = scum
If pwayne does not defend a townie, then pwayne = scum pushing for his lynch
If pwayne defends cicero, then pwayne = scum defending his scumpal
If pwayne ignores skruffs case on cicero then pwayne = scum

^^^Can you see why I feel like you have a vested interest in nailing me, whether I am scum or not?

skruffs wrote:You then work to dismantle the Orlowski wagon, makign your own opinions about him with NO knowledge to back it up.
"He may be acting scummy as hell, but I like him, so build a stronger case if you want my support" is the general equivalent of what you are saying,
How did I work to dismantle this wagon?
and then
Even if I did, how is dismanteling a wagon scummy, unless you believe I was defending my partner?

Skruffs wrote:then you push the CLA wagon *more* with "The CLA wagon seems justified. The town isn't working cohesively to sniff out scum and I blame the unanswered questions leveled at CLA and Borchmore absence. Scum or not, CLA is hurting the town at this point."
So even in this post, you are saying that people who defend themselves are fine, people who don't talk are good to lynch, and people who attack people who are acting scummy, you just turn a blind eye to.
Please point to the post where I say "people who defend themselves are fine, people who don't talk are good to lynch, and people who attack people who are acting scummy, you just turn a blind eye to."
If you can't, please add this to the list of things that you have mischaracterized about me.
Anyway, as I said, I do think that the wagon was justified. CLA needed pressure. I didn't want him lynched.
Do you disagree pressuring CLA was justified? Why?

skruffs wrote:2 - You deflected the case on Cicero off of him, yesterday. Are you not aware of this?
I didn't know that Cicero had claimed, this might explain my confusion and why I wasn't able to answer. I don't take BM's case seriously, so I don't see that I deflected a case as much as tried to flush out scum trying to use crappy logic.
Do you think that BM had a serious case?
and
Do you think that crappy logic is a scumtell that ought to be questioned?

skruffs wrote:3- You wrote off my case on Cicero today, and said you were not goign to CONSIDER HIM as scum unless we had a better case on him.
First, correction: not "we had a better case" but rather "I had a better case". Anyway, peep this:
pwayne wrote:I'm not sure asking you what makes you think that he is scummy means that I am not considering him. I know that you have an aversion to answering questions, but please- what makes you think that I am not considering him? I haven't said that I don't think he is scum. And why, instead of defending your position, do you vote for the person that asked you to? Are you trying to bully me into believing that I am scum with Cicero? That's weird... Why not ask everybody else why they don't think so?
and
pwayne wrote:Skruffs. I have not cleared cicero of anything. the fact that I am not moved by your accusations indicate that I don't think your case has any merit, not that I am not considering cicero as scum. This is the distinction that you refuse to make. The only point I stood up against with BM was that his case was weak. Nobody seems to disagree with that. The only point I have stood against you is that your case is weak. Nobody that isn't you disagrees with that. I am not saying cicero is town. I am saying that your case does not convince me that I should vote him and it certainly doesn't convince me that he and I are scum buddies.
Here I deny the claim that I am not considering Cicero, twice. The fact that you keep saying that I have said I won't even consider him is one of the points that I consider a mischaraterization to be addressed later.
Why do you continue to assert that I am not considering cicero? I have not voted for or expressed any real suspicions of Shaka either. Do you suspect that I am not considering him?

skruffs wrote:One of the biggest frustrations and suspicions I have about you being scum with him is your reluctance to consider him as possibly being scum, even going so far as to 'bury the hatchet', publicly, in a different game from the last one, which makes ties between you. Then to say that that's all it is, and to SAY you have no idea what Cicero is, but to then continue to strike down other people's arguments and NOT offer any observations of your own, which is DEFENDING him, I am confused why you even feel like you have to ask this question.
I don't know what question you are refering to. I only "publicly buried the hatchet" when asked about our friendly banter. Again, I have considered Cicero and continue to do so (in fact, the ploy with shaka and TS is pinging quite a bit). What you are really frustrated and suspicious of is the fact that I don't think your case holds water. I was not defending cicero from your case until you called me out for ignoring it. I said jack shite about it for a month.
Do you feel that the fact that I had ignored your case for a month, is consistent with your claim that I am defending Cicero, my scum buddy?
If I was interested in defending my scum buddy, I would not do so when they had 1 vote based on a cracked case. This goes for you and it goes for BM. Neither of you were even close to convincing anybody to vote for Cicero.
So why would I come to my scum buddies defense? How is this consistant me "playing behind the scenes"?
Accuse me of WIFOM if you want, but this picture is hugely inconsistant.

pwayne wrote:5- Please explain where I have mischaracterized PWayne? I will be happy to counter with examples where he has mischaracterized me.
A prime example is above where I mentioned the "not considering cicero" thing. I have called you out twice but you keep insisting this. If you feel that I have mishcharactirzed you, tell me where, and I will acknowledge that I did (if I did). The point is that this is a heated debate and mischararizations will happen.

skruffs wrote:You keep demanding that *WE* need to *CONVINCE* *YOU* who to vote, which takes the buden of responsibility (conveniently) off your shoulders.
I do? It seems that I voted BM on my own accord. I voted AlyG on my own accord. I voted You on my own accord. Doubtlessly you are refering to the post where I told you that you needed to convince me to vote for cicero and that cicero needs to convince me to vote for SSF. You miss the point of that post. It is this: If you think somebody is scum, and nobody else sees it, it is your responsiblity to convince them by building a case.
Do you disagree?
I say so because to suggest that townies that fail to see the connection are going to magically connect the dots seems silly. I know it can be frustrating to "know" that somebody is scum, but nobody else can see it, but you have to try. Berating people for not seeing it is counter productive.
skruffs wrote:However, the bulk of your arguments seeem to be refuting teh 'validity' of cases. With the COP dead, there is NO WAY To 'prove' someone scum, there are only cases, which are built on CASES. You are aware of this, because instead of actual scum-hunting directly, you are only scum-hunting by way of reacting to other people's attempts at scum hunting. Your entire 'playstyle' seems to be to discredit scum-hunting without actually being proactive yourself. And then you whine about the days going on forever and ever. Hmmm.
Did I whine about days going on forever?
Different strokes I guess. Example: It seems to me that you like to find people that strike you as weird and then try to build a case around them. I perfer to anaylsis what everybody else is doing, who they choose to target, anaylize there reasons, detect deliberately weak logic and ask them why they are trying to lynch on weak logic.
Do you think that this is a bad scum hunting strategy?

skruffs wrote:Post-LAstly-
Maybe I don't answer a lot of questions. To a degree, this is because I post a lot from my cell phone, and havae no real ability to quote or to take notes or to even change pages. IT's *not intentional*.

Noted (hence the bolded questions)
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:30 am

Post by pwayne66 »

cissy wrote:I disagree with almost everything Skruffs says, but not the quote above. It's one thing for Pwayne to say "No one has convinced me" but not once in the game has he tried to convince anyone of anything. It is exceptionally passive, keep my hands clean, play.
Ready to bus me so soon? But seriously. In a bout of serious distancing: The FOS of shaka, considering your the one voting for TS, and your kill all lurking townies post, is kinda weak.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:58 am

Post by cicero »

pwayne66 wrote:
cissy wrote:I disagree with almost everything Skruffs says, but not the quote above. It's one thing for Pwayne to say "No one has convinced me" but not once in the game has he tried to convince anyone of anything. It is exceptionally passive, keep my hands clean, play.
Ready to bus me so soon? But seriously. In a bout of serious distancing: The FOS of shaka, considering your the one voting for TS, and your kill all lurking townies post, is kinda weak.
Yep partner. you are so bussed.

My problem with you isn't that you haven't voted anyone. It's that there is not a single place in this game (that I can remember) where you yourself pushed a case. Bandwagon jumping and a vote here and there don't count. You've been quite non-commital when compared to some others.

But this isn't me calling you scum yet, so much as insisting that you put your big brain to work and help out here. Your play has been, the whole game, go with the flow and take no chances, press no cases, make as few enemies as possible. You aren't scumhunting, you are surviving till the end.

Consider yourself distanced and bussed, scumbuddy. I have no other scumtells on you yet - but we both know you're smart and sneaky and dangerous, so let's not kid, eh? I'm re-reading closely but my best case on you is exactly that. You are surviving. You are not scumhunting.

--------------------------

Now assuming you are town and not a force of sneaky crawling death, let me answer your concern:

What's the problem with me and Shaka. I find people on this website don't get context. I'm not sure why that is. Here's my thoughts:

Theopor needed to be replaced or revealed. It was a dead chair. Modkilling him was a worst case scenario. I didnt like it one bit.

The deadline is also a good idea. The game is finally getting good. Notice?

BUT that does not excuse Shaka's post which included a ton of "even if there is a townie that gets killed, let's just hurry up and end the day with maybe another townie lynch and then tomorrow four of us will be dead and we'll have more "information to go on!"

Look. If Theo had turned up scum I might be more cavalier (probably not actually), but he didn't. So we are down another townie. I talked to Shaka about some things to figure his logic out because his impatience and disregard for whether a townie got killed at this stage pinged me. Suggesting that I shouldn't care if townies get killed because I thought we needed to do something with Theopor's chair is the worst kind of malarky.

When ToasterStrudel entered the game she made a GLAAAAAAAAARING error and then admitted to skimming the game. There is a case against White by Hackerhuck, White is now Strudel. Shaka was pressing for a Hackerhunch lynch. it is smart to push Shaka to consider the implications of his case. So I did so.

But then Shaka showed willingness to join me in a toasterstrudel bandwagon for reasons which I deem - in this particular situation and a this particular time - the wrong reasons: The desire to remove an "annoying" player.

And I told him I didnt want him to vote for that reason. I certainly could accept that we may want to do a sub-optimal lynch to avoid a no lynch scenario (no one answered my question on that yet btw so I assume people don't want a no lynch) but I think we have some scum ranking to do before anything so pragmatic has to happen.

So - in short: suggestion that because I pushed for a modkill of empty chair, I must think townie life is disposable, is simply not the case.
-----------------------------
If I'm missing a salient point of your flag, let me know.
------------------------------

@skruffs - you are a master of tautology. Look it up. Pwayne is very right to point this out. No one is listening to your theories because they are completely totalitarian. Quit posting on your damn cell phone if it breaks your logic so badly.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:26 am

Post by pwayne66 »

cicero wrote:Your play has been, the whole game, go with the flow and take no chances, press no cases, make as few enemies as possible. You aren't scumhunting, you are surviving till the end.
Fair enough. I do appreciate this from skruff's position as well. My thought process is this: Thus far, my two completed games, I have been scum. Those games, coupled with a few that I read, play out the same way:

1) Everybody jokes around for the first page
2) somebody does something <gasp!> "scummy".
3) A well intentioned townie points it out
4) and scum jump on board and lynch a townie
5) when it's all said and done this scum defends themselves by saying "he was acting scummy!" so I was justified!

I am having a hard time finding a scumhunting strategy that I am comfortable with. I really think that the classic "scumtell" method can easily be manipulated by scum, and as silly as TS's "scum vote their partner in the first 3 votes" is, I am intrigued by it and would like to hear more.

My starting strategy was to watch wagons and determine why they are there. After enough wagons with enough people, I could find patterns and inconsistencies. This seemed more reliable than just saying "Dude!! that was an OMGUS vote! You must be scum!" The problem came with the replacements. Replacements nullify inconsistencies and tear patterns up. I got pretty frustrated and "dropped out" to an extent.

Though I loath to admit it, I think that HH's accusation lit a fire. I did a reread and found Skruffs inconsistent "don't vote a powerrole" quote, and built a case from there. Skruffs was giving me a fairly protown vibe, but I thought that It would at least generate some conversation. If we got lucky, we nail scum. If not, I would move on. I did not expect Skruff's reaction.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:18 am

I just done reread Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel wrote:OK I checked the game for my favorite scumtells and I cracked it.

The remaining scum is either somestrangeflea or cicero.

I am going to edge my bet towards somestrangeflea because both known scum most strongly distanced themselves from this player.

vote: somestrangeflea
Toaster Strudel wrote: HackerHuck and Skruffs don't look too good. But Gorgon actually VOTED for hackerHuck (Kakeng) so that's the biggest evidence of distancing.

vote: HackerHuck
Seriously, her play is so distracting. She fos for distancing and advocated votes but with little content like "oh! he voted him, so they must be distacing, imma vote for him."
Toaster Strudel wrote: shaka!! wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:
HackerHuck and Skruffs don't look too good. But Gorgon actually VOTED for hackerHuck (Kakeng) so that's the biggest evidence of distancing.

vote: HackerHuck

I find this very interesting. (If you've done a reread you'll notice that I have been pushing strongly for a BM/Kakeng lynch). What do you think of page 33 post 806?

Different methods, same conclusion.
Dare to vote
Toaster Struldel wrote:cicero wrote:
Skruffs is about as far from a newb as you can get. He's a moderator on the site with a 2005 join date.
But more importantly,
where's your vote for HackerHuck?
We need some momentum.
Toaster Strudel wrote:In addition to HH,
I'd like to see a theo lynch.
Toaster Strudel wrote:cicero wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:
Cicero and SSF - could be distancing.

Yes! It could be distancing! Please lynch SSF to find out for sure!!!

Seriously, Strudel... are you drunk?

Better still, lynch cicero!

Meh, call me drunk all you want, my hunches are usually pretty good in this game.
She advocated votes among people, created a big distraction which does no good for the town.

Are you going to scum hunt only base on distancing? Because if the set up turn out to be 2 scum like i though, you are so going to cause trouble for the town. Even if there are 3 mafias, your fos indicated that we have more than 3.
Toaster Strudel wrote:But if you want to bandwagon me instead of either of these two far better candidates, be my guest. I'm a vanilla townie, so you if you're going to lynch a townie, it might as well be me. It's better than going after a player that might be a power role. Do I have a defense? No. If you want to eliminate me, I will offer no resistance.
This post is hypocrite, are you saying that if i vote for you, you will not saying anything or say your defence?
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:19 am

Vote: Toaster Strudel
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:29 am

Post by pwayne66 »

cicero wrote:So - in short: suggestion that because I pushed for a modkill of empty chair, I must think townie life is disposable, is simply not the case.
-----------------------------
If I'm missing a salient point of your flag, let me know.
I was actually referring to this:
cicero wrote:Lynch All Lurkers - EVEN if They're Town.
I haven't decide what I think of the Modkill/deadline issue yet.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”