Application of WOTC

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 172, Accountant wrote:See? You keep falling back on the ideas of a court of law, of rights and obligations. I have 0 obligations to anyone as a mod, as a player or as a fellow human being, other than to follow the site rules and be generally civil.
We are humans and this is a part of a human driven society.

Justification and fairness are all defined by the definition of humanity.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Accountant »

By stripping them of their rights to respond and stir up drama, by stripping them of their rights to play a game of mafia, you are sending them an unambiguous message that they are not welcome until they get their shit together. If you give them a chance to argue back or give them reasons to be fair, then you're missing the point.

WOTC is a *punishment*.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:12 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 173, Accountant wrote:FA, ITS OKAY TO BE UNFAIR

ITS OKAY TO UNFAIRLY EXCLUDE PEOPLE FROM A GAME

THAT IS THE FRIGGING POINT
Its really not!

but cause your shouting that's ok :D

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 176, Accountant wrote:By stripping them of their rights to respond and stir up drama, by stripping them of their rights to play a game of mafia, you are sending them an unambiguous message that they are not welcome
until they get their shit together
. If you give them a chance to argue back or give them reasons to be fair, then you're missing the point.

WOTC is a *punishment*.
Do you know if they have their shit together by that time though? I agree with getting their shit together of course
Last edited by Ranmaru on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 175, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 172, Accountant wrote:See? You keep falling back on the ideas of a court of law, of rights and obligations. I have 0 obligations to anyone as a mod, as a player or as a fellow human being, other than to follow the site rules and be generally civil.
We are humans and this is a part of a human driven society.

Justification and fairness are all defined by the definition of humanity.
No it's not! Humans can be as unjustified and unfair as they like. That's the freedom of thought and action, two of the most basic freedoms in the world.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 176, Accountant wrote:By stripping them of their rights to respond and stir up drama, by stripping them of their rights to play a game of mafia, you are sending them an unambiguous message that they are not welcome until they get their shit together. If you give them a chance to argue back or give them reasons to be fair, then you're missing the point.

WOTC is a *punishment*.
Its really not!

Its an enforcer to keep games clean.

and being rude to someone won't punish them! You can punish them when your fair and civil :]

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 179, Accountant wrote:No it's not! Humans can be as unjustified and unfair as they like. That's the freedom of thought and action, two of the most basic freedoms in the world.
That's not the definition of freedom

and no they can't really.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 178, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 176, Accountant wrote:By stripping them of their rights to respond and stir up drama, by stripping them of their rights to play a game of mafia, you are sending them an unambiguous message that they are not welcome
until they get their shit together
. If you give them a chance to argue back or give them reasons to be fair, then you're missing the point.

WOTC is a *punishment*.
Do you know if they have their shit together by that time though? I agree with getting their shit together of course
You assume they don't have their shit together until proven otherwise.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 181, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 179, Accountant wrote:No it's not! Humans can be as unjustified and unfair as they like. That's the freedom of thought and action, two of the most basic freedoms in the world.

Like what

Are you seriously trying to put forth an argument for policing the private thoughts and reasonings of mafiascum players in order to create a more fair wotx system

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Ranmaru »

So how would you want them to prove themselves otherwise, is my question? (if they can)
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 151, Accountant wrote:Why are you so fixated on being justified in your actions? Nobody needs to justify anything. That's the beauty of it.
talking about liberal arts always ends up in fights like this.

there is no way for you to convince me at this point , nor a way for me to convince you.

and we both are right and wrong at the same time. so lets ned this and catch up with our lives!

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Accountant »

I'm going to keep repeating this.

No mafia mod is obligated to be fair to players that might shit up their game. No mafia player is obligated to be fair to players who might shit up their game. If YOU get WOTCed, sucks to be you. You don't get the right to demand explanations or an appeal. You leave the game, because YOU have been judged in the eyes of your peers and found UNWORTHY by your other players and mod to play in the game.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 183, Accountant wrote:
In post 181, Frozen Angel wrote:

Like what

Are you seriously trying to put forth an argument for policing the private thoughts and reasonings of mafiascum players in order to create a more fair wotx system
no definitely not!

I proposed the justified wotc version in my mind - eventhough even myself won't ever use it. cuase I dont like wotc in general.

thats definitly not independent on private toughts or reasonings of MS players.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 184, Ranmaru wrote:So how would you want them to prove themselves otherwise, is my question? (if they can)
1) make an alt
2) find the people who wont wotc you and make a good track record of not being a terrible player in those games
3) verbally convince the wotcers that you've improved and ask them to withdraw

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 186, Accountant wrote:I'm going to keep repeating this.

No mafia mod is obligated to be fair to players that might shit up their game. No mafia player is obligated to be fair to players who might shit up their game. If YOU get WOTCed, sucks to be you. You don't get the right to demand explanations or an appeal. You leave the game, because YOU have been judged in the eyes of your peers and found UNWORTHY by your other players and mod to play in the game.
And I'm going to repeat myself again

yes! I totally agree. the unfair mathods are totally ok!

their just you know ... unfair! thats my whole argument :D lol

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 185, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 151, Accountant wrote:Why are you so fixated on being justified in your actions? Nobody needs to justify anything. That's the beauty of it.
talking about liberal arts always ends up in fights like this.

there is no way for you to convince me at this point , nor a way for me to convince you.

and we both are right and wrong at the same time. so lets ned this and catch up with our lives!
Yeah, good idea. No hard feelings.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Alright, let's end this I think we are going in circles. Thanks for answering accountant. Let's all play mafia.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:25 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 125, Frozen Angel wrote:thanks for response.

1. As I multiple time said I said there is nothing against the mods or players who are doing games in WOTC manner. Plus as I said WOTM is not even ok but is just as well. Using WOT as it is has no issues by its own. Its an enforcer method and beuase its "modoray" is ompletly fine. My argument is about it being justified as well or not - I mean Doing it as it is , is not illegal ! My argument is doing it as it is , is rude!
okay you thank its rude. are you okay with pple disagreeing with you? cos I feel like that is where at least part of the conflict is. for instance I do not think it is rude, but there was a time when I did.
2. Its not about the game or the way people sign up for it.
Do you agree everyone has equal right for joining games?
I do beleive whoever mod don't ban has equal right for joining the games. Now what gives the right to players for outing another player? WOTC will do that. applying WOTC means giving the right of banning to players. Now if you let them do it in the manner it is right now, Your letting them do it rude! thats what I'm trying to say.
wrt the bold: nope. we, as a member have no rights except what is outlined in the terms of service that we agree to when we join. it does not include "the right to join any game that they want. this forum is based on a social contract, the laws that govern the legal side of the internet are still in its embryonic stage, especially laws that can be applied globally. we agree to enter a social contract with owner of the site; the moderation team is here to enforce the adherence to that social contract. I am not going to go into the ethics of moderation cos this is not the appropriate venue for that.
3. I don't want to know what was its reason. show me a game when mod never ommuniated with players about the ongoing wotc and multiple players wotc'ed a player in the same time.
I do beleive its a bit more justified than what it is right now.
I wldn't know the majority of examples cos it was not made public. I do know of a cple of instances where the member was wotc-ed and there was no explanation as to why and I assume it didn't erupt in some big ol' drama cos it is likely that the person understood why the wotc was being applied in the first place. I am not going to provide the instances since they were private and all parties likely prefer it to stay that way. in the instances that I did provide were brought up in the queue several years ago, publicly.
4. Are you trying to use examples to show how onstrutive might a WOTC be? uase if thats your agenda I must disapoint you. I know how onstrutive an enforement might be. I have no issues with applying enforcements on a player list. All I'm saying is that you Must tell the person your applying these enforemnets on why they got outed. WOTM is understandable as it means "Mod doesn't like you!" Its simple as that. no further explanation is needed as its that person's game and no one else's.
^ this is another cornerstone of where communication is breaking down. I am asking you to provide an example of where some1 was wotc-ed with no reason. cos that is what you are purporting. what I am trying to get to the heart of is whether or not you are arguing a hypothetical or if this is something you actually saw happen.
In WOTC however , Mods are the middle man. It is a Courthouse and mods are the judge in there. Yes the jury might find the aused guilty and he will go to prison for that! (get exiled from the game in this case) and its definitly onstrutive for him. Its just rude to have a hidden ourt when the accused is not informed suh a thing is going on and suddenly announce : Your out of the game cause some players hate you. Thats just rude!
again ms is not a court system. the analogy does not work because ms structurally is not moderated within the scope of a legal system.
If they already told that person they will blaklist / wotc them for reasons A , B , D then its ok! why they want to hide their identities and reasons now?!
okay. except this just confuses me as to what exactly you are arguing here. again i think this is due to a possible language barrier issue/breakdown in communication, I am just not sure how to try to fix it.
The only reason someone hides something is for others to not figure it out. and Thats the rude thing.
okay, but this is where you lose me cos I feel like you being largely inconsistent here. it seems incongruous to me that it is acceptable for a lack of transparency on the mod's part, but not from the userbase. I mean I wotc-ed once and told them why and they threw a hissy for and followed my games that they weren't even in specifically to post that they thought I was "the worst human being ever" and that I was a piece of shit. no1 cared. I can't blame pple for wanting to do it discreetly and it has nothing to do with condoning cowardliness and everything to do with I can understand why some1 wld not want to set themselves up for outright harassment.
and when I'm saying hidding I mean hidding from the accused person. the wjole process might be hidden from public and that part is totally fine.
like I have said, I have never seen a situ where some1 was wotc-ed out any discernable reason. wotc truly does not happen that often.
whew!
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:27 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I'm really tired mollie!

maybe tomorrow? :]

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:31 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 193, Frozen Angel wrote:I'm really tired mollie!

maybe tomorrow? :]
of course. we probably both need a break from this convo in order to recenter ourselves.

thanks for the convo fa <3
whew!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 136, Accountant wrote:As a mod, I could ban you from my game for no reason other than not liking your avatar. That's acceptable
I believe it's Camn who won't let you join their game without an avatar. Technically WOTM I suppose, though I've never thought of it that way.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I don't mind that because playing without an avatar is LAME
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:08 am

Post by McMenno »

how can wotc be real if mafia scum dot net isn't real
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:52 am

Post by SpyreX »

I guess one thing i didn't make clear is overall i think the idea of a formalized wotc is silly. That, to me, is purview of the moderator.

Because if i get a pm that says so and so sucks at mafia, too bad get a helmet.
But if i get a pm that says so and so is acidic and insulting look at these games I'll probably give them the boot.
But i would be irritated if either took place in my signup threads.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 198, SpyreX wrote:I guess one thing i didn't make clear is overall i think the idea of a formalized wotc is silly. That, to me, is purview of the moderator.

Because if i get a pm that says so and so sucks at mafia, too bad get a helmet.
But if i get a pm that says so and so is acidic and insulting look at these games I'll probably give them the boot.
But i would be irritated if either took place in my signup threads.
I totally agree here
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare

Return to “Mafia Discussion”