Application of WOTC

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:30 am

Post by Yume »

We can take criticism. What we cannot take is someone acting like king of the world.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:36 am

Post by Yume »

Yume vs State of Mafiascum

Starring

Yume as Peridotty
The State of Mafiascum as Yellow Giraffe
Scrooge as Yellow Tycoon
Show

Mah best game

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 221, Yume wrote:You're still dodging this
In post 214, Yume wrote:How am I supposed to convince them to withdraw if I don't know who they are? >.>
Do you want me to put in big, red, bold letters so you'd notice it?!
obviously I was talking about WOTCs where the mod reveals the name of the WOTCers. if 3) doesn't apply, just do 1) or 2).
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 223, Yume wrote:Meanwhile, myself and the others who attempt to be the voice of reason, are shunned. We start out as nice bunnies who try to chastise them politely. Then they flip on us and we become mad. Then they flip on us further and lead us to become toxic. Then they use the us that they themselves created with their tunneling/stubborness/whatever to paint us as devils.
are you serious? are you trying to blame kuroi/wisdom for you being toxic??

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:59 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 222, Yume wrote:
In post 220, Accountant wrote:
In post 215, Yume wrote:
In post 212, Wisdom wrote:And the fact making an alt didn't work just proves the problem is with you and your behavior, not because people are prejudiced about you like you were claiming before making an alt.
So the rest of you are allowed to chastise players on bad play, troll and do whatever you want in game, yet the rest of us who point out the fact you're behaving like kings of the world are immediately branded as evil. This is why I called you a hypocrite, Firebringer. Trust me, those who exhibit WOTC-like behaviour are many. So why should we be denied our right to have fun and our right of free speech just so you can toot your horn and be self-important? Especially given that YOU and YOUR decision are what causes the game loss, not us.
anyone who trolls and causes game losses on a consistent basis will be WOTCed and join the ranks of the "outcasts". We aren't choosing to "bully" you because we're all self improtant and shit, we're doign it because you
consistently piss people off and ruin games for them

and that's something that's objective. I've never played with you, I don't know the complaints against you, but objectively I can see that tons of players have chosen to WOTC you and speak out agaisnt you and that's something that only happens when you're genuinely toxic or unacceptable
Yet, Kuroi and Wisdom, who did it at least once, are saints.
clearly they didn't do it, or didn't do it to the point that you did, because I don't see anyone choosign to WOTC them.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:59 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 225, Yume wrote:We can take criticism. What we cannot take is someone acting like king of the world.
it's literally just a PM to the mod saying yoru play is unacceptable

a faaaaarrrr cry from being king of the world

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:03 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 225, Yume wrote:We can take criticism.
Have you? Just wondering and if you have, can you show you have improved?
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:04 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Not taking any sides in this conversation

no one is more responsible for a loose. Not in the game yume was with kuroi nor in the game with wisdom. You guys can't understand the meaning of team play and sadly mafia is a team game. When you loose you lost it together.

so if you can't play with eachother thats fine. just don't play with each other.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:06 am

Post by SpyreX »

So I've got 0 idea who you are yume. I have 0 idea why you've been wtocd before. All i have is this thread.

Be self aware. Mafia is the kind of game that can really illict a deep emotional response and quickly spiral out of the game into the people playing.

Which is what looks like happened here. You cant respond to toxicity with toxicity. Let the mod do their job or walk away.

The other deep dark secret? We all suck at this game. It does no good to good grudges based on truly gameplay actions like someone flipping town. If that's why you're being wotcd then shame on them.

But i dont think that's the case.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:09 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

@Acc You can't judge yume's case if you never played with her and you don't know anything about it

so either stop or start gathering info and judge it fair

Yume not playing her games and getting highly emotional in games blaming others for what they did and thought is right is not acceptable. Its a thing she really need to work on. thats my pov on this matter. now if anyone can see her as what she is and if She is really trying to improve then ok; start resolving your issues with her. If not then try to communiate and seek out the reasons. I myself have no idea why you keep signing up for games you never play.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 233, SpyreX wrote:The other deep dark secret? We all suck at this game. It does no good to good grudges based on truly gameplay actions like someone flipping town. If that's why you're being wotcd then shame on them.

But i dont think that's the case.
Thats why the reasons must be public or announed to the player herself.

I think the reasons are :

- her stubborn arguments accusing* others of game threw after all her games
- the way she is passive during the games
- the way she never plays some games she signs up for and get repeatedly* replaced* out of games

I don't know if there is any other reason for her getting wotc'ed. all 3 are simple facts which can be resolved with a simple direct communication and limiting her games she can sign up for. The rest of this drama is totally useless ...

edit : fixed * words
Last edited by Frozen Angel on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:14 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I have a huge mollie post I must answer to as well! damn It I forgot to do so yesterday.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:31 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 192, pirate mollie wrote:okay you thank its rude. are you okay with pple disagreeing with you? cos I feel like that is where at least part of the conflict is. for instance I do not think it is rude, but there was a time when I did.
yeah thats totally fine! But what I all rude in this topic is based on humanity measures not personal view so ...
In post 192, pirate mollie wrote:wrt the bold: nope. we, as a member have no rights except what is outlined in the terms of service that we agree to when we join. it does not include "the right to join any game that they want. this forum is based on a social contract, the laws that govern the legal side of the internet are still in its embryonic stage, especially laws that can be applied globally. we agree to enter a social contract with owner of the site; the moderation team is here to enforce the adherence to that social contract. I am not going to go into the ethics of moderation cos this is not the appropriate venue for that.
stop making my statement more complicated than it looks. keep reading the next stement I wrote there... All the users of MS must agree to the terms of service in MS (thats were bans and other kind of rules ban some people). Next step is the mod. Mod has the owner ship of their game so they can WOTM/ban whoever they want as well on their will. The next stage is what some modes might apply - an enforced so the games remain fun - or whatever is that enforcer purpose. Now one of these enforcers is "WOTC" designed as a democratical voting between the people who are eligible as player (passed the two filter system I stated above) to remove someones access to the game.
In post 192, pirate mollie wrote:I wldn't know the majority of examples cos it was not made public. I do know of a cple of instances where the member was wotc-ed and there was no explanation as to why and I assume it didn't erupt in some big ol' drama cos it is likely that the person understood why the wotc was being applied in the first place. I am not going to provide the instances since they were private and all parties likely prefer it to stay that way. in the instances that I did provide were brought up in the queue several years ago, publicly.
The "who is wotced" are public usually. Mods announce that X got wotce'd normally (which this makes that drama you all are really afraid of - not the reasons). I never saw a wotc when they made the reasons public to the accused so I will insist on my point. I'm just saying this version I'm talking about is wrong by the factors I'm presenting. Some are using the fine versions? I have no argue against them! :D
In post 192, pirate mollie wrote:again ms is not a court system. the analogy does not work because ms structurally is not moderated within the scope of a legal system.
It is a part of human sosciety and it must be ruled by rules and whats right to be counted "fair". Thats all I'm saying. Not saying its getting applied right now or whats getting applied is not applicable! Its totally applicable and OK but its not fair
In post 192, pirate mollie wrote:okay. except this just confuses me as to what exactly you are arguing here. again i think this is due to a possible language barrier issue/breakdown in communication, I am just not sure how to try to fix it.
I am saying if player B already told player A why their blacklisting them and player A is now ignoring that reason why they want to hide their identity while reminding player A they an't/ shouldn't join the game? It has an obvious paradox. The hidding is just meaningful and not absurd for people who wants to blaklist someone without telling them why or argue with them or even give them a hane to defend which is what makes it unfair and not a reliable enforement method.
In post 192, pirate mollie wrote:okay, but this is where you lose me cos I feel like you being largely inconsistent here. it seems incongruous to me that it is acceptable for a lack of transparency on the mod's part, but not from the userbase. I mean I wotc-ed once and told them why and they threw a hissy for and followed my games that they weren't even in specifically to post that they thought I was "the worst human being ever" and that I was a piece of shit. no1 cared. I can't blame pple for wanting to do it discreetly and it has nothing to do with condoning cowardliness and everything to do with I can understand why some1 wld not want to set themselves up for outright harassment.
nope! no inconsistany. Mods are the owners of the game. They an just say. hey You smell and don't let you in but you as a player have no right to say that. unless by putting the mod as middleman. now it is a ourthouse and mod is the judge ! Guilty or not guilty - if not deided in a fair manner makes the whole judgement flawed!
In post 192, pirate mollie wrote:like I have said, I have never seen a situ where some1 was wotc-ed out any discernable reason. wotc truly does not happen that often.
I saw that 3 times in past year. in two cases it was hidden when it came to reasoning or getting face to faced and in this yume case is the third one.

Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:40 am

Post by Killthestory »

three times is not that big of a deal
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:47 am

Post by Papa Zito »

oh my god
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:52 am

Post by Accountant »

tbqh i dont see how yume would have accumulated this much hate if she was as innocent as she claims

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:54 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 225, Yume wrote:We can take criticism. What we cannot take is someone acting like king of the world.
is this the royal we or something
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:05 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 240, Accountant wrote:tbqh i dont see how yume would have accumulated this much hate if she was as innocent as she claims
who is innocent and who is guilty?

If you don't know the details you definitely are not authorized to talk about this topic

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:30 am

Post by Yume »

In post 230, Accountant wrote:
it's literally just a PM to the mod saying yoru play is unacceptable

a faaaaarrrr cry from being king of the world
So my play is unacceptable yet them pretending no one's opinion matters but theirs is okay? Check Symphonic Metal mafia. Me and several others tried to convince a stubborn player they were wrong, yet they ignored all of us. Is that acceptable to you?
Show

Mah best game

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:31 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I see I was ignored. Yum please answer.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Yume »

Who cares? I can show multiple games where I have, but of course they won't matter to those deadset on me being some sort of criminal.
Show

Mah best game

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I did, it's why I asked. That is not a good mindset. Need to be more positive.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:56 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 242, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 240, Accountant wrote:tbqh i dont see how yume would have accumulated this much hate if she was as innocent as she claims

If you don't know the details you definitely are not authorized to talk about this topic
Yume DEFINITELY cannot be innocent. I don't need to know any details to know that someone with a dozen WOTCs is not innocent.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:03 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 247, Accountant wrote:
In post 242, Frozen Angel wrote:

Yume DEFINITELY cannot be innocent. I don't need to know any details to know that someone with a dozen WOTCs is not innocent.
Whats your definition of innicent? They called all the prophets liar when they were advising everyone to god. Are they liars?(Not making this religious or anything; just making a point)

Yes everyone your mentioning might be wrong. logically your use for word "definitely" is wrong.

but no one asked you to talk about something you don't know anything about. come back when you read the details.

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:40 am

Post by pirate mollie »

I give up