VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:30 am

Post by VoicelessReason »

In post 6, pisskop wrote:Also, word of warning, I played most FFs up until 8...

and then I think it was 10? whiney soccer player?
Then that one where they had realtime realspace turns and it was kind of pointless. I mean some bosses could dunk you in one hit, and took 30 minutes to kill and actually had aoe attacks? like 12 or 13.

Point is, I havent played 9. Nor do I approve of the direction the franchise took in recent years.
I think you're thinking of FFXII with the real time moves. I thought combat was kinda clunky since they were still trying to figure out how to move on from pure turn-based action but man was the finishing cut scene amazing. I gotta say VII, IX, X were my favorites and idc what anyone says blitzball was the bee's knees.

VOTE: pisskop for not playing one of my favorite FFs and the theme for the game :D

But really though, play IX. The plot and character dev are very good compared to others in the series.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:06 pm

In post 35, popsofctown wrote:It's best if we attack Spyrex while he's in Vienna. That's when he's weak. He is more susceptible when far from his locus of power.
is that some scum talk I hear??

UNVOTE: pisskop
VOTE: popsofctown
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:22 am

Nice, much activity many post. Such Day. Good to see we won't need a replacement right out of the gate.

I'm a bit confused by the posts coming from pisskop and mirhawk after I voted pops. Seems like both overreacted slightly to what (imo) was a fairly decent attempt to move things out of pregame and towards real play.

Pisskop
, are you calling my post scummy? If so why?
Mirhawk
, what is so weaksauce about my vote? And if both of us are weaksauce, wouldn't that imply that my original vote is valid? Just curious what your logic is and whether weaksauce means scummy or just meh in the context.

I'm glad things are heating up with the appearance of iraonavp.

ira
(can I call you ira?), what is the purpose, in your opinion, of announcing you are town? Do you actually think this will sway someone's opinion, and if not, why do you try to use this in your defense? Further, why did you feel the need to spill the beans on your role name with little to no prompting? Any reason you are so desperate to get that info out there despite the lack of pressure on you?

The only thing working in Ira's favor is not knowing who Blank is before posting. I know its a pretty weak tell since it could be planned, but it just seems to me that Ira would've actually looked up their character if they were scum with a fake claim before just up and spitting it out.

Camn's attack on ira reads poorly to me. It seems a bit manufactured and over aggressive. I mean its D1, you've gotta do a little bit of that, but really just seems like telling ira no one cares about their name is needlessly mean. Its also quite a stretch to call that a scumtell. It is equally fluff for camn to even address ira's post as it was for ira to make the original post. Especially considering its an intro post at the top of page 3...yeah i dunno about that. Also trying to encourage a player to talk about an ongoing game (and potentially get modkilled) is really not a good look.

Most interesting thing so far is vanilla coming to the rescue of ira.
vanilla
, any reason you need to fight ira's battles for them? Why so ready to defend a wagon before its even started?

spyre
your post on ira confuses me. Are you implying you are getting scummy vibes from ira or what?
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:44 am

In post 100, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 99, VoicelessReason wrote:The only thing working in Ira's favor is not knowing who Blank is before posting. I know its a pretty weak tell since it could be planned, but it just seems to me that Ira would've actually looked up their character if they were scum with a fake claim before just up and spitting it out.
All he stated was that he didn't know if Blank was a main character or not because he hadn't played IX. Couldn't it also be plausible that if he were town he'd know whether Blank would be considered a main character or not based on his PM, and if not he might have been inclined to look up the info as well?

Stating pause due to scum being more likely to look up safe claim flavor isn't really justification for a read waiver. He could simply have panicked and immediately reached for a safe claim, in which case he may not know anything about the character already.
As I said it isn't a strong tell. I'm not sure I agree that the role PM would indicate it as minor/major character. I've never seen a theme game where the role PMs give you that specific information rather than assuming you have that implicit knowledge. You are right that there are town motivations to look up the character before posting as well, but I personally got town vibes from the lack of role knowledge. Take that as you will.
SpyreX wrote:I can't tell yet with iron aside from already if I'm looking and end game that's not who i want there. You cut the gordian knot afterall.

But while that is bewildering the idea that camn was even remotely looking for a modkill is insane and as a larger part of the unified iron defense council tm reallllllllly bothers me. In the if i was home is be parking my vote there way
I said that trying to encourage a player to talk about an ongoing game is not a good look, not that I viewed it as a scumtell. I didn't mean to imply that camn was
trying
to get a modkill, but felt it worthwhile to mention those ramifications. They make camn's reaction to ira choosing to not mention an ongoing game even more absurd/overly aggressive. I don't really understand your second to last sentence but I think what you're saying is that you interpret my post as accusing camn of attempting to get a modkill, in an attempt to defend ira, and therefore want to vote me? Or are you saying that you view me as one of many defending ira and therefore want to vote ira to figure out why so many people have strong opinions on them?

Also, what's stopping you from placing your vote? You seem to be able to post, you should be able to type the vote tags just fine?
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:23 am

In post 110, SpyreX wrote:Dude are you really trying to play like you're not so far up camn you know the contents of her stomach.
That's an interesting way of putting it?

UNVOTE: popsofctown. VOTE: vanillatwice.

Still interested in hearing why you're going to bat for someone this early in the game.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:29 am

In post 133, iraonavp wrote:
Further, why did you feel the need to spill the beans on your role name with little to no prompting? Any reason you are so desperate to get that info out there despite the lack of pressure on you?
Well, I just don't see any risk in claiming that and SpyreX asked...
Well I'm not sure in what world you think that SpyreX's post was actually asking for people to just start claiming. Claiming prematurely almost never benefits the town because it provides scum with information for no particular reason. Generally speaking you should never claim unless you have to or it is actually beneficial, not just because someone asked...
In post 136, VanillaTwice wrote:VoicelessReason can go down as a probably opportunist scum as well.
I was wondering who would vote us for calling Ira town. :giggle:

-Vedith
UNVOTE: vanillatwice
That wasn't why I was voting for you. I was voting for you to help get my questions answered. You know, applying pressure...like, the thing that votes are meant to be for throughout the day. What was the opportunity that I was capitalizing on? Don't really see any clear "opportunity" in applying a pressure vote.
In post 137, iraonavp wrote:VOTE: VoicelessReason

I agree, seems scum-aligned how he's asking you why you're doing that rather than just stating he thinks it's scum-aligned.
I'm sorry that's just not how I do things. Its day 1 and the fact of the matter is I don't yet feel strongly that anyone is scum aligned. What part of what I did makes you think that I have a scum read on vanilla? Have you ever heard of using your vote as a pressure tool?
In post 144, VanillaTwice wrote: It's the fact he voted to look productive on questions which were already out there, as if he's joining a popular demand or something. Once I work out how to set up a hydra PT with Jester (
Hint hint to help anyone
) I'll discuss with him on his thoughts.
Not sure if I favour Voiceless over camn yet though.

-Vedith
Thats quite a stretch don't you think? I voted to let you know I was serious about getting those questions answered because your jump to defend is 1) atypical of early day 1 play and 2) very relevant to sorting out alignments later should either you or ira die in the near future. Any reason I shouldn't be serious about getting your reasoning on record? You also seem to have changed your reasoning for thinking my vote was scummy in the course of just a few posts, which is it Vedith?
In post 152, Radical Rat wrote: Once my reads solidify, I will be much louder here.
What are you doing to solidify your reads? When should we expect more from you?

Being passive is anti-town since we don't get a read on you easily and you rely on other players generating discussion....
In post 158, Mirhawk wrote:
In post 49, VanillaTwice wrote:Btw I'm gonna lynch everybody who says XIII was good.
Somehow I think this won't be an issue.
Nothing better to comment on? Edit midpost: ok nevermind content followed.
In post 163, Mirhawk wrote: My comment was more directed at Pisskop then you since I was unsure of who he was referring to in his post. (I still don't btw)

The reason for the vote on you rather then pops is that I view Pops as being clearly satirical whereas you seemed to be somewhat serious with your vote.
Your vote wasn't a rvs vote anymore and you moved it to him from another person so I figure you had some reason to move it to pops.

Yeah both votes are weak, but pops was joke weak and yours was also kind of a joke. But you looked kinda like you were being serious about calling him scum despite that so... yeah.
Yeah I mean it wasn't random but it also wasn't completely serious either. I think it was pretty clear that the post I voted for was not a serious tell.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:45 am

Sorry I haven't posted much. I'm not the best poster on weekends. I will be posting later tonight when football isn't on.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:33 pm

Radical Rat
and
Toog
have no excuse to be non-contributors at this point. You might not have reads but how do you have literally nothing worth saying after 11 pages? That being said I'm unsure what toog has done to deserve the leading wagon atm.

Mirhawk
feels to be flying under the radar. Asks me for reads but posts none of his own and then sheeps Camn with no real thought.

ActionDan
hasn't actually said any words so....

Ira
is fairly sheepy which gives me gut town vibes.

Pops
is town. Don't have a great explanation for this. I feel it in my heart of hearts.

Spyre
is town. Does seem to tunnel on one player/tell at a time. Is this a playstyle thing? help me out people.

Mollie
feels town mostly because she posts A LOT. Trying to decide if its sincere energy going into things like "Who isn't posting" or scum trying very hard to find pro-active looking things. Leaning town.

Piss
is definitely flying under the radar. Barely a post over a sentence and almost no content (reads or accusations or really anything). Also I'm confused, did you or did you not claim something? I suppose I should know from the dayvig post that you fool around enough for a softclaim/fakeclaim to be a thing.

Not a fan of
vanilla
so far but maybe I'm just upset at a hydra existing. But I still don't understand the need to defend ira so hard. It doesn't seem like a pro-town thing to do even if they think ira is town, since it kind of shuts down the wagon and conversation. Reads to me kinda like scum who want to get town-cred by getting the "I told you so!" defense on a mislynch given how early in the game it came. Worth mentioning that Vanilla stated his reason for protecting ira was "town cred" so theres that. Would love to hear more since its been a bit since we've heard from either head (have we heard from jester at all??)

Started off feeling town on
camn
from the early push on ira. Feels like a sincere attempt to get the game out of RVS. Feeling a little bit worse recently with a lot of short posts thin on content and fairly common opportunistic jumps to/suggestions of lynching various people on policy or without very much evidence. Why should we end the day now, camn? Seems like a massive waste of time to me.

Can someone explain to me what is scummy about
banana
? To me he feels the same as any of the other under-the-radar types I mentioned above plus a breadcrumbed claim. I don't play a lot of theme so I'm not sure I see that as a tell? And wouldn't ira claiming blank for no reason at all be around the same level of scumminess? I dunno I just don't see where this "OMG banana is the scum lets pack it up boys!" mentality is coming from.

A little annoying that we already have two claims out on the table for basically no reason. Kudos everyone who helped that along e.e

Pretty happy with my vanilla vote. See no reason to hop on the toog wagon when it is already this far along. But I'd love to hear the smoking gun for banana that camn and spyre have suposedly identified.

top scum reads atm: vanilla, camn
top town reads atm: pops, spyre
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:57 pm

In post 258, camn wrote:I have soured on long Day 1s.
Ah yeah that seems fai..
In post 259, camn wrote:Plus blood thirst.
uhhhh....
In post 260, SpyreX wrote:I just said it earlier here. The caring enough about race to try and post it when it's useless aside from believe me guys is bad. Showing up that fast after my post after lurkaderping and then slimeballing onto that wagon is punishable by death.
I dont see the breadcrumb as any worse/better than ira claiming blank for no reason at all. I see where you're coming from on the rest but I dunno if its really "punishable by death" material for me, personally.

Don't you wanna wait and see what else shakes out? We can vanilla wagon, it'll be great.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:07 pm

pisskop wrote: i resent the implication that i am a noncontent provider.
Find me one post of yours that contains content. And no, talking about your own playstyle doesn't count. Even your vote tells us nothing about your thoughts/feelings towards anyone in the game other than that you are willing to sheep spy/camn.

Also sorry spy I legit have trouble understanding wtf youre saying sometimes. took me a long time to interpret 251 which is why I asked about the banana read.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:13 am

In post 298, Toogeloo wrote:My scumpool currently: popsofctown, Mirhawk, and camn, roughly in that order. Despite what everyone seems to be thinking about my posting on this page, I don't actually have a scum read on banana.
Any particular reason you're reading those players, in that order, as scum? Mostly interested in Pops, since a lot of people (myself included) read him town right now.

What do you think of spyres apoint against banana regarding the timing of his return and his vote choice?

In post 292, pirate mollie wrote: I have a thing for when pple complain about the state of a game and then not doing anything about it. and go after some1 for their reads while not providing a single 1 of their own.
Read on mirhawk? See and then look at mir's iso. He's been fencesitting pretty hard despite asking me for my top reads. Just still not getting the toog wagon, would rather wagon hawk who looks to be playing the ol "lurk in plain sight" game.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:31 am

In post 290, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 267, BananaNSFW wrote:Oh yeah I forgot about Ira. They are still town.
Also I did not claim anything. I only crumbed moogle which is not an actual character.

You still need to answer my Question Spyrex.
they are not a character they are a device.

another thing, is it cait sith in ff9? I think she was only in ffx.
omg I have to make a non-content post for this...so much wrong.

A moogle is not a device, they are a race that you can interact with and have loving personal story lines about love lost etc and omg I'm getting carried away.

Cait Sith is a robotic animal controlled by a high ranking Shinra operative who eventually changes sides to join the main party. He is from FFVII, not FFX.

UGH.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:36 am

In post 320, House wrote: I knew I'd be going to lunch soon, so I popped down a vote to get started. I didn't even know you were being wagoned.

Chill, dude.
Do you always plop down a vote without looking at a vote count or just when you're scum?
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:55 am

In post 324, House wrote:
In post 322, VoicelessReason wrote:
In post 320, House wrote: I knew I'd be going to lunch soon, so I popped down a vote to get started. I didn't even know you were being wagoned.

Chill, dude.
Do you always plop down a vote without looking at a vote count or just when you're scum?
Only when I'm godfather.
HEY GUYS I THINK I CAUGHT oh wait.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:18 am

Dammit I can never keep my alts a secret for long. Apologies all, please pretend above post is from me.

Nexus feel free to remove or whatever you have to do.

Dang.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:20 am

In post 328, Elias_the_thief wrote:
In post 327, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 300, VoicelessReason wrote:
In post 290, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 267, BananaNSFW wrote:Oh yeah I forgot about Ira. They are still town.
Also I did not claim anything. I only crumbed moogle which is not an actual character.

You still need to answer my Question Spyrex.
they are not a character they are a device.

another thing, is it cait sith in ff9? I think she was only in ffx.
omg I have to make a non-content post for this...so much wrong.

A moogle is not a device, they are a race that you can interact with and have loving personal story lines about love lost etc and omg I'm getting carried away.

Cait Sith is a robotic animal controlled by a high ranking Shinra operative who eventually changes sides to join the main party. He is from FFVII, not FFX.

UGH.
ahem

caith sith was 1 of lulu's moogles in ffx. death touch +5 magic

BOOM
That was not the original Cait Sith though.

From the finalfantasy wiki: "Several of Lulu's dolls take on the
appearance
of Cait Sith. "

Additionally that was a moogle
doll
. Not a moogle. Pretty big difference.

I stand by my indignation.
Here is original post for ISO purposes. Again sorry all =(
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:24 am

In post 332, ActionDan wrote:prodprodprod
Dude you're replaced.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:59 am

In post 336, pirate mollie wrote:
I know what it says. I didn't play ff9 which I have said. my point was the moogle doll/device was in ff10.

so I am not sure why you are trying to nerdfest over this
I'm nerdfesting because although I'm not about to break the game with flavor, understanding the flavor here is important. In the context of FFIX, moogles are not devices, they are creatures. This changes how we should interpret the breadcrumb, imo. That is my point and that is why its a point worth emphasizing.

Also because 7, 9 and 10 are my favorites and you're making a right mess of their backstories/character associations =(
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:23 am

In post 342, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 340, VoicelessReason wrote:
In post 336, pirate mollie wrote:
I know what it says. I didn't play ff9 which I have said. my point was the moogle doll/device was in ff10.

so I am not sure why you are trying to nerdfest over this
I'm nerdfesting because although I'm not about to break the game with flavor, understanding the flavor here is important. In the context of FFIX, moogles are not devices, they are creatures. This changes how we should interpret the breadcrumb, imo. That is my point and that is why its a point worth emphasizing.

Also because 7, 9 and 10 are my favorites and you're making a right mess of their backstories/character associations =(
how exactly am I making a mess og the characters/stories if my reference to ffx is correct? I do appreciate you clarifying the difference between ff9 and ffx. but uhm, why are you jumping on house's baseless discredit cos that is what it looks like!

fos: voiceless reason
Uhhhhh you're drawing on information which is outside of FFIX and therefore irrelevant to this game? Your reference is only correct if we are playing sort of All Star "Anything Goes" Final Fantasy theme that included characters from every game in the series. We are talking about FFIX because we are playing a 9 themed game. Simply put, your reference is wrong in the context of the game we're playing. You just said a moogle is NOT a character, they are a device. This is false, they are a race of NPCs (though you get to play them in a minigame). You also claim that Cait Sith was "only in ffx" which is patently false since they appear in like 5-6 games (not FFIX, though).

But through all of this I'm confused by your response. I wasn't trying to say that your mixup was a tell, just that it made me mad as a fan of FF. I am fascinated by the degree to which you are overreacting, though. Does House always get you this riled up?
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:03 pm

In post 345, pirate mollie wrote: I concededyour point and thanked you for it. I am fosing you cos it seems like you are trying to pick a fight for no reason.
I thought the reasoning for my posts was pretty self-evident but agree to disagree.
In post 345, pirate mollie wrote: and yes house does get to me since I have publicly blacklisted him twice and I don't think it is fair that he keeps replacing into games and driving me out of them when I was in it first.
Fair enough. I'll keep that in mind.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Pretty sure we're at L-1 now but the last votecount was page 14 or so.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:53 pm

Yes Vanilla is at -1. He was my top read and an inactive and a hydra to boot so I'm not going anywhere.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #490 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:02 am

Good work toog! Bad work iron =(
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #506 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:56 am

VOTE: iron
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #515 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:03 am

In post 504, iraonavp wrote: I think all vanilla is Blank... Otherwise it doesn't make sense why the moderator would give two people the same character. Maybe it just means a blank character, like an NPC.
There are plenty of characters to use as vanilla. There is only one Blank in the game. You claimed Blank, and now Blank gets NKed. Sorry but there is no logical explanation here except that you are scum.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:04 am

In post 513, iraonavp wrote:
Okay, he is confirmed as scum-aligned then.
Why is someone who read me town dying possibly an indication of me being scum?
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #520 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:10 am

In post 519, iraonavp wrote:Weak means you die if you visit a scum-aligned player.
Thats not strictly speaking true. But okay I get where you're coming from now
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #522 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:15 am

Welp.

UNVOTE: iron
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #546 (isolation #28) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:28 am

Well I'm not gonna try to argue with the crumb from Toog. In retrospect I'm absolutely certain that she targeted me given the crumb. The only thing I can do (especially since vanilla was denied the opportunity) is to claim and hope for the best.

I am
Princess Garnet/Dagger
, odd-night Redirector. I targeted Camn last night since I thought I might targeted for NK and because Camn was my number one scum read after vanilla got lynched.

Since the cats out of the bag, I'll
VOTE: camn
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #549 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:33 am

Sorry, I redirected Camn to Toog. That's why I'm voting Camn now.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #550 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:34 am

I imagine the redirect is what made toog die instead of get killed.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #551 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:40 am

Wait whoops. It should be the other way. I redirected Toog to Camn.

Now time to get lynched for my right bungling of the claim.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #553 (isolation #32) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:49 am

In post 552, House wrote:Oh hell no. I'm not moving my vote.
Care to elaborate?
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #555 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:52 am

In post 554, House wrote:
In post 553, VoicelessReason wrote:
In post 552, House wrote:Oh hell no. I'm not moving my vote.
Care to elaborate?
Sure. I want you dead.
That's not what I meant. You should be voting Camn.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #558 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:57 am

Come on now would I really have put zero thought into my claim if I were scum? As I said in my first post I targeted Camn. I mixed up the order in my subsequent post.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #559 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:59 am

If I get mislynched for this I swear...
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #563 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:03 am

It doesn't. It has a connection to me asking to elaborate why you're not moving your vote. It should be moved to Camn.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:06 am

Y'all gave scum the easiest mislynch of all time, hope youre happy
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #568 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:10 am

JK I'm totally scum lol. I made a royal fuckup of that claim, if I'd done it the right way the first time I'd have probably been able to get a camn mislynch today. Thats just what happens when you don't play mafia for 3 years LOL
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #569 (isolation #39) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:11 am

My partners are Mith and Meme and I'm a mason cult neighborizor with thestatusquo.

Let's do this, mofos.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #570 (isolation #40) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:13 am

Also final fantasy 1 was incredibly boring and 8 was completely overrated GET AT ME
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #573 (isolation #41) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:28 am

8 was so bad come on now. The only positive quality was that the graphics were ahead of their time.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #574 (isolation #42) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:28 am

I hope you guys lynch Mith tomorrow he is obvscum.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #575 (isolation #43) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:32 am

Does anyone here like the Advent Children movie? I thought the action was kinda cool but overall it was a pretty bad movie
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #576 (isolation #44) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:33 am

Its a shame that toog thought I was so town, I was really doing a pretty great town impersonation, dont you think
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #577 (isolation #45) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:35 am

It turns out that just actually scum hunting as scum is a fairly effective strategy. I think I will be much better at this then I used to be moving forward. Elias used to get so angry and defensive. Its a whole new ball game, folks.

Also I still think scum wins this game btw. So many inactives, so few people actually scumhunting. Yall are pretty screwed. I think Camn might be your only hope.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #578 (isolation #46) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:42 am

Okay, so this is a theory I came up with like 15 years ago and never really shared. It's in regards to Final Fantasy 9, which just recently came out on PC and which I plan to pick up and play the bejesus out of whenever work calms down.
I may not be the first one to point this out, but I haven't seen this anywhere else and I thought some people might enjoy what I find to be further proof of how awesome FF9 is.
FF9 / 7 / 8 / 6 SPOILERS BELOW
All FF fans know that Sakaguchi's Final Fantasy games were entirely separate worlds and storylines, none of them sharing anything other than basic structure and elements like item names and animals like Chocobos and Moogles.
FF9 was different. There are references to other games throughout. In Lindblum, for example, we find a weapons shop with Cloud's sword hanging on the wall. In the same city there's an old man named Locke who is definitely a nod to the character of the same name in FF6 (FF3 in the US). These are just fun references to make fans happy, though, right?
I believe, however, that the 8 main characters of FF9 are actually meant to "embody" the previous 8 Final Fantasy games.
My first clue to this came in the booklet included with the game. The previous two installments in the series listed stats about the characters like age, hometown, etc. FF9's booklet provided no stats but listed quotes from each character, quotes which in the game turn out to represent that character's major emotional dilemma.
Vivi's, for example, is "How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist...". Well, that happens to be his emotional dilemma in the game, trying to deal with the idea that he may have been artificially created.
Does that sound familiar? It's the same dilemma that Cloud Strife faces in FF7.
Eiko's is "I don't wanna be alone anymore...". She's been living alone and convincing herself that she's fine without anybody else, but when Zidane shows up she falls in love with him and decides she wants to rejoin the world.
Does that sound familiar? It's the same dilemma that Squall Leonhart faces in FF8.
Garnet, from a town of summoners, corresponds to the "main" character of FF6, Terra, and Steiner's misplaced sense of duty to a corrupt government corresponds to Cecil of FF4.
Furthermore, look at the ages of these characters. Eiko (6) represents FF8, the "youngest" game relative to FF9. Vivi (9) represents FF7, which is the second-"youngest" game relative to FF9.
The only character that doesn't really fit here is Zidane. He's supposed to be 16 years old, but if the age correlation is true, that means Steiner would be FF3, and as someone who's played through FF4 six of seven times I can tell you he DEFINITELY fits the emotional struggles presented in FF4.
Well, it turns out that Zidane is one of the Genome, a race of artificial beings created thousands of years ago that only age once they're given souls. We're told that Zidane was "created", but not what that means, so it's likely that his soul is 16 years old, but his body is thousands of years old.
This idea is supported by Vivi's age. Vivi is physically 9 years old but was created 6 months prior to the events of the game, and he DEFINITELY represents FF7. Therefore it looks like the character's physical age is what matches the age of the game they represent. That would make Zidane the oldest, and therefore his age means he would represent FF1.
You may disagree with this. I completely understand it's a little bit of a stretch. However, the idea that Zidane represents FF1 is further strengthened by the fact that the man who created him is Garland, the final boss from Final Fantasy 1.
So the full list of "matches" is as follows:
Zidane - age ? - FF1 - "You don't need a reason to help people." As stated above, I believe Zidane to represent FF1, and his attitude represents the simplistic motivations of the light warriors. They appear and battle evil without needing further reasons to do so.
Quina - age 89 - FF2? - "I do what I want! You have problem!?" I didn't play much of FF2, but I remember it's an odd entry in the series because of its criticized leveling system which only developed skills that were used.
Amarant - age 26 - FF3? - "The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty." I didn't play FF3. Perhaps someone has a suggestion as to why Amarant would match it?
Steiner - age 33 - FF4 - "Having sworn fealty, must I spend my life in servitude?" Cecil from FF4 also struggles with doing his duty vs doing what's right. At the beginning of the game he resists his soldiers who question the King of Baron's decisions, and later it's discovered that the King has been replaced with an evil entity, similar to how Brahne is being manipulated.
Freya - age 21 - FF5? - "To be forgotten is worse than death" I never got far in FF5, but Freya's two main emotional dilemmas are preventing the genocide of her people and her search for Fratley, who has amnesia. Exdeath commits genocide by removing towns and kingdoms from existence, and amnesia plays a part in the story. Perhaps someone has a suggestion.
Garnet - age 16 - FF6 - "Someday I will be queen, but I will always be myself." Terra from FF6 and Garnet from FF9 are the last members of a powerful race somehow involved in summon magic. Both of them are used as pawns in a power struggle, and both of them struggle with being more than just somebody else's weapon.
Vivi - age 9 - FF7 - "How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..." Both Cloud from FF7 and Vivi struggle with the idea that they were created artificially. Both are extremely disturbed by the idea but come to the conclusion that where they came from matters less than what they do.
Eiko - age 6 - FF8 - "I don't wanna be alone anymore..." Both Squall from FF8 and Eiko are loners who believe they're fine on their own, but who are pulled out of their loneliness by falling in love.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (isolation #47) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:48 am

Ok so full disclosure I just ripped that from reddit but I thought it was interesting
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #581 (isolation #48) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:27 am

Yeah but toog reading me town made me think that if she were a cop she would investigate me, and her last post made me think that it was possible that she was a PR. So I would be redirecting someone who I thought was a cop to someone I thought was definitely scum.
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #582 (isolation #49) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:33 am

Which to me reads like a fairly believable play, no?
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #952 (isolation #50) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:29 am

Well Im glad we won! I played really well up until the incriminating night action...probably couldve delayed my lynch if I'd claimed properly (unfortunately its been so long I barely remember roles anymore) but I am glad I managed to give no useful information with my flip. I think that was my number one contribution to this game. Oh, and of course getting Toog killed with my super townie play D1 =D
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #953 (isolation #51) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:31 am

Also Camn I totally coulda got you lynched, though I admit it would've been difficult. I've been playing since '06, and I've only lost 2-3 games as scum.

But maybe you can teach me how to play town because I'm trash at that =(
VoicelessReason
VoicelessReason
Townie
VoicelessReason
Townie
Townie

Post Post #954 (isolation #52) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:36 am

I am fine with PT being posted as well. Its basically a lot of dance music and me being pissed that I fucked up my claim. Oh, also me lamenting the fact that Mirhawk misspoke and said that I claimed the role nexus in game thread when I had only discussed that claim as a possibility in PT. Soooo lucky no one picked up on that haha.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”