Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 724, Shadow_step wrote:We should kill Xk before that then.
If it has any chance of saving Skybird, we should do it ... and it's possible it could save her. Not probable ... but possible.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

I don't see any reason why killing him would help skybird.

Our kill resolves at the end of the night. The effect removing her takes also ends at that time. She will be killed before/ at the same time as our kill.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:09 am

Are we using TWIE's event? What day are we targeting? What are we hoping to gain from it? Should Drixx and I roleblock A50 (he's going to use an investigative on either shadow_step or grapes tonight, a super tracker, that eill tell him what ability they used and who the target is)? Who do we kill? If skybird dies we don't care about gems anymore, other than to remove people who we won't be able to get lynched, mastin may be BP, Titus almost certainly is.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:42 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

if we're using my even we should have something specific to get out of it.

otherwise we probably shouldnt.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:53 am

I mean what's rhe best case scenario for it? Construct a reason to use it beyond learning 3 slots roles, some additional benefit we'd gain.

If all it is gonna do is gain us that knowledge in the best case we should use it now. Otherwise, we should use it later.

-Cerb
Show

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:57 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

i mean are we looking for a doc or something?

its also possible that people will just truthfully claim on their own and we get some free info.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:51 pm

Not sure what we'd be looking for honestly. :/ the main thing I'd be curious about is what stopped our kill on grapes N1, so perhaps finding who suspected skybird and may have blocked her, and who was obviously townreading grapes and may have protected him, could be worthwhile?

Other than that, no idea really. Had some thought of using it to buy you town cred if it looked like one of us was going to be lynched, by cat ching is making a kill, but that's not really an option, nor is it a good choice right now.

Also, you can't really claim the event, since using it means you didn't contribute to fighting the cluster, which will bother people, so it should basically be used in an obviously beneficial to scum way..however, that just makes it so if town decides to do an event claim after nobody claims this, you'll be without any claim to make. :/

Lot of things ro consider, and I'm far from certain what to do.
Show

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by Drixx »

I think shadow should perform no actions tonight and we should not passively block A50. If he gets blocked, there's a very small pool of people he told what he can do. We're going to need all the people we can get town reading our slots.

I think we also have to leave X alone because again that info was given to A50 and relayed to us. If we kill him after he took skybird, even if it saves her it condemns us and she probably dies anyway. We have to hope that his event lets him talk to the person before deciding and she does a good job looking townie.

So we should probably discuss kill targets at this point. I think it ought to be someone whose being scum read by Mastin or we go big and go for a conftown takedown. The problem is that the most obvious conftown slot to take down is Mastin (who has lost Steven's protection), but that's a kill that could go either way:

1.) She's really wrong about the gamestate, but the town/gems could assume she was on to something and follow her expressed thoughts which could result in a lot of town doing our work for us.

2.) The bad way it could go is someone reads that exact motive into the kill and convinces others. That someone would be Titus (who would have to step up and lead town with Mastin dead). If we can keep Titus town reading us ... maybe we can head this off.

At this point, we're looking at more scum dead than town dead and I think we should swing for the fences. If we're gonna go out, then we go out going for it all.

i.e. - I say we kill mastin.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

I can still claim my self watch, but i'll be left eventless which i agree could be a problem.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Titus can be BP Drixx. She could be a bad kill. :/

-Cerb
Show

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Drixx »

Titus is claiming BP but then said it was a sham, but now it's supposedly passive.

But I am suggesting a Mastin kill anyway.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

If we are going to kill between Titus and mastin, I suggest we kill Titus.
Killing mastin won't have the effect we want(people looking into hear readlist and thinking that she was killed because of it).
Most of the town will think that she was just killed because she was conf town. We need mastin to drive mislynches.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

I'm going to use my season finale ability to clear me as kind of an IC, so I should be fine really.
It will say that I have no factional events, so I wasn't responsible for message received for message received or remote detonator .
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Lol no wait, it doesn't say that.
Show

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by Drixx »

Well the Yume flip makes it unlikely that Titus inherited some kind of passive BP from Yume as was being claimed in the thread. Mastin COULD have passive BP, if that's what she chose to receive from our event.

So yeah ... Titus is the right kill if we're choosing between those two. I don't see any other kill that advances us much with Titus being IC. The problem with Mastin being so wrong is that there's almost no place to kill that isn't in her scum pool, and we want her driving mislynches.

Not Chara
is probably the best kill, just looking at my notes and the "reads" that I gave to A50, which I'll copy here so you guys know what I said to him:
Hard Town:

Titus - Conftown. Confirmed by moderator.
Mastin - Nearly conftown. The only way she isn't is if Yume made up mod confirmation. Should assume town unless some really compelling evidence says otherwise.
Almost50 - OTAF.
TWIE - This is his town game, as annoying as it is that he just watches for a large part of the game. Doubt this if he doesn't start pursuing people in the late midgame. If he's still saying nothing on day 6, re-evaluate.
Skybird - This is town. See SMITE where I took advantage of her looking exactly like she was here, and kept her around the whole game so I had a convenient foil for my fake claim. Nearly impossible to replicate the tone of lost town, and it oozes from her posts.
Fuzzy - This is town fuzzy. See: original SU.

Lean Town:

Xkfyu - Crystal Gem recruit. Possibly a scum traitor, but was open about starting 3p and shared a plan to try and expose scum. Probably genuinely a CG.
Magna - Confirmed CG.
Random - Probable CG.
Firebringer - Probably a leftover gem. Most likely to be a traitor/spy if so. Play has vascillated between his normal town troll style and scummy. If he doesn't get vouched for by the gems by day 6, drop to lean scum.
Not Chara - Remained engaged under early fire and expresses opinions and thoughts freely.

Crystal Gems - Don't fully trust them. There would have been no reason to handle things the way they did if they have nothing to hide. Yume told us they need to keep at least one human alive to win, but I doubt this is the case. It's more likely that they win by themselves and if any human happens to be around, MAYBE we win too. The more the game progresses and (especially with MoI's posts) the more the Gems get defensive about it, the more I am inclined to think that this is a 3 way battle royale setup. Gems are in lean town only because the flavor makes it likely that them winning wouldn't mean town loses. That's literally the only reason they're not firmly in null.

Null:

Shadow - No experience with this guy. Very little content to go by.

Scumspects:

Kraskaeaque - Only seems to post in self-defense. Is obviously around and reading because response is always fast. No evidence of curiosity or attempts to do anything.
McMenno - I can't remember anything of note he has said or done. I have no notes on him. Bad sign.
Creature - Active lurker. Avoids direct questions. Uses other people as reasoning for anything he does. Basically appears to be attempting to avoid any responsibility for what happens.
SnarkySnowman - I see nothing at all town in the ISO. A lot of trying to appear to do things whilest not actually doing anything.
Farside - So scummy that it hurts.

As a note: these reads were designed
specifically
to be a tool to make Titus and Mastin make mistakes if our slot flips and A50 is still alive to give the info. I've played extensively with both of them and know how they analyze scum reads lists. I wanted to run it by the team first but the day was overdue for a thread lock and I REALLY wanted to get the reads posted to A50. Long term we need as many people to buy into the few of us left being people who are putting effort into game solving as we can possibly get.

Skybird is probably gone so we don't have our conditional strongman.

So I just need to ask you guys: please step it up. Like ... don't give up on this. The hardest victories are the ones that taste the sweetest. Right now we're on the ropes. Let's swing this game around and crush it.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:00 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Also town lie about being BP all the time.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:46 am

Oh. I meant to say mastin is bp.

Because they can honestly both be bp quite easily.

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:23 am

In post 735, Drixx wrote:Titus is claiming BP but then said it was a sham, but now it's supposedly passive.

But I am suggesting a Mastin kill anyway.
Titus never said it was a sham.

Later she said she received it from Yume.

The ONLY reason to think she was lying waa because she counterclaimed SC, which she wouldn't have done if she KNEW her ability was given to her, rather than something innate with her role.

-Cerb
Show

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Drixx »

Running out of time.

Shadow is possibly going to be watched by A50 tonight (one of the last things he told us was that was his plan), so should do nothing.

Actions:

TWIE kills Not Chara
TWIE uses Historical Fiction on Episode 1

Very little time before action deadline. Please confirm TWIE.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:29 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Yeah thats fine.

Actions

TWIE kills Not Chara
TWIE uses Historical Fiction on Episode 1.

can I also use my self watch?

if so use that as well.

if not those actions are fine.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

Got it.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Don't forget to send your ally choices guys.
Dgb wasted a good role :/
Show

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Drixx »

That might be the best traitor role I've ever seen and it was so bungled I am astonished.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:45 pm

DGBs a fucking failure who didn't even read the fucking game. Who even fucking allies with a claimed miller as a traitor cop, when there are three other slots who have crumbed things to make you think k they could be your teammates? (Yume, myself, and FB)?

I made this post to quote in the post game discussion.

-Cerb
Show

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 747, Drixx wrote:That might be the best traitor role I've ever seen and it was so bungled I am astonished.
Typical Varsoon
designing roles too good for this world

Return to “Completed Game Topics”