Newbie 1747 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Hermie »

In post 98, rb wrote:I actually think it's super crappy when people link games of themselves unrequested. The sole purpose is to try and force a townread based on 'look I'm similar' or 'look I'm different'.

It's a play that only bad town and scum need to make. I haven't decided what I think Hermie is yet.

I have a problem with this post... At this point you are attacking the player not the play... Attacking the man is a logical fallacy you learn quite young... If you have a reason to attack me please base it off of game posts not attacking the man... That is almost as bad as appeal to emotions...

Now that being said it is a decent point..
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by rb »

No I'm attacking the play of unprompted game linking.

The person attacking a player is you: implying that I should have learnt "quite young".

Stop with the misrepping bullshit already.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by Hermie »

@ town. I know I have a problem with getting fixed on one player but imho rb has done nothing to give me any reason to doubt he is scum...

It is 12 so I'm gonna go to sleep now and reread in the morning.... But I would highly advocate the lynching of rb... Waiting will not hurt anything tho.. i rest my case... The wiser heads might wanna look thru this
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by rb »

Hehe yeah you're really sure I'm scum and there's significant evidence but you can't actually define any. Cool bro.
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Post by MisaTange »

Meta-arguments are pretty weak anyway, people are able to change... you say like townreading is a bad thing...

I agree on persephone being town, but only based on tone (which I recognize it's a weak argument myself).
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
Aelin
Aelin
Goon
Aelin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:57 pm

Post by Aelin »

Ok so I now have a lot of votes on me.
I'm not worth lynching. If necessary and I get more votes or more pressure I'll explain why, but please.
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by MisaTange »

In post 61, MisaTange wrote:Some people need questions to guide them. Aelin, what do you think of the pressure on Hermie? Do you agree with their point on rb's posts being fluff?
Although this was originally directed to Aelin, these questions are good to start with, persephone. As well as sink... that is if he ever comes into the thread.
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:02 pm

Post by MisaTange »

In post 105, Aelin wrote:Ok so I now have a lot of votes on me.
I'm not worth lynching. If necessary and I get more votes or more pressure I'll explain why, but please.
You're at L-3 atm. Nothing close to warrant a claim (yet), plus it's been only two irl days.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Post by rb »

Not voting Misa today.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by rb »

I just want to also point out to the town players that a good early game isn't about suspicions or thoughts, but mostly about conclusions and questions about those conclusions.

It doesn't matter if you miss the target, it matters that you shoot at it. Please don't be afraid to shoot because you're scared to miss. Inactive towns really suck for everyone, so be a hero, be active and shoot. A lot of new players play unsure and scared and just wither in middle-ground misery. Don't be that player.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:00 pm

Post by rb »

Oh right Misa, I just understood your point.

No, townreading is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm saying that linking games so readily and when not even prompted is what bad town or scum do because they're fishing for some people to give them a townread. Hermie's either being a bad town player right now or he's scum. His tunnel on me is almost comically bad so I can't really decide which.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:01 pm

Post by rb »

As in, good town players don't need to pre-emptively link games and say: "yo, I'm like this guys, don't shoot me!!!"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 95, rb wrote:What's the significant evidence against me again?
Why do you expect "significant" evidence?
Whether you agree with it or don't, the skull face player has specifically laid out a series of complaints about your posting, and went through your entire iso showcasing how his raised issue has merit. You have not addressed that post at all - but keep acting like no one has made a complaint against you. That's basically lying - which has now become my personal signifigant evidence against you, because town shouldn't need to lie.

You can feel free to address his or my case against you now, if it helps. Or you could keep posting demands for the case on you as though neither of us have done so.
In post 96, rb wrote:Persephone is town.
Why? She hasn't posted anything.
In post 104, MisaTange wrote:I agree on persephone being town, but only based on tone (which I recognize it's a weak argument myself).
There is literally nothing in her iso other than evidence she is a new player.
How do you justify getting a town read from that?
In post 105, Aelin wrote:Ok so I now have a lot of votes on me.
You, much like Persephone, seem to be having trouble doing anything in the game. Im going to ask you the same question series I asked her. You should seriously go through and answer every single question in this quote, I will even provide my own answers just so you (and Persephone, and all the other lurking non-players can see that these are not difficult questions at all and SHOULD be answered.
In post 87, Thor665 wrote:You have a few pages to look at.
You've had some people call other people scum for various reasons.
[1] What are your thoughts on some/any/all of that?
[2] Who do you think looks most scummy?
[3] Why?
[4] Will you vote them?
[5] If so - do so.
[6] If not - why do you not want to?
Spoiler: Thor's answers to his own questions just to showcase how easy they actually are to answer
1. I see Misa seeming to try to be helpful, it might be an act but vibes town to me. The skull face avatar is really aggressive, for me that feels like town as he's kind of attacking any and everything, though I don't really like his logic, but it's a soft read. Most of the lurkers (which is easily half the game) I would happily see dead now just to help sort them, but maybe they'll start posting soon and actually help town, if they're town. If they're scum they're playing correctly.

2. For me it's RB at the moment.

3. It's more just a general lack of real scum reads, but his posting has pretty much been 100% defense. Yeah, sure, maybe it's a natral reaction for a newb to attack someone for suspecting them - but RB has claimed to have played before, so him being so focused on a super weak, and already half gone wagon on him reads off to me. Also his defense has looked weak also. He's doing nothing besides that, really. Lots of noise, no motion = scum? Sure.

4. Yes. In fact, I already am.

5. Done.

6. I see little reason to ever not vote unless your vote would be the hammer (aka final vote needed for lynch). The entire point of the game is to find someone you think is scum, vote them, and get others to vote them - and as shown thus far at least people can talk about other people's votes, which gives us something to talk about.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Hermie »

I still have questions about creeps current playstyle and aelin is very nearly inactive. Every instinct I have is screamed that rb is scum even his town reads make me think he is scum.. remember the scum knows what is up. They know who is town and his town reads feel like that.. like he is dead sure about them.

Earlier he said he could find entire scum teams on day 1.. I interesting then who he has give us any scum reads other then me... And he never voted for me... Lack of conviction..
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:07 am

Post by Zaicon »

In post 94, Hermie wrote:@host Is there any allowance for a will/death post to announce scum reads? I know this is a very simple setup but it is a nice thing to learn to use? Don't see any rules about it..
Nope. Once your death is announced by me, you can have no further contact with the remaining players (and in my games, not even a "bah" post).
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:54 am

Post by rb »

Thor are you seriously insisting that the post by Hermie in 50 is a 'case'?

It's just crap shade throwing. Making a big quote wall, responding to it with, "fluff. Fluff. Fluff. That's what scum would say. Fluff. I think ur scum. Ur being fluffy."

My lack of response to that piece of crap is the only proper response, as I don't encourage crap play - hence why I also pointed out one way I think town should try and play when 'stuck' in early game.

Honestly how can you actually expect anyone to respond to a 'case' that amounts to:

- "you are fluffy" (from the poster in the game who has done nothing but tunnel on town)
- "you didn't vote at some arbitrary point I think you should have" - no less on page fucking 1 in blatant RVS period where I was also postinf while at work
- does nothing but tunnel like a shitter

I tend to cut slack on player's like this in Newbies because well, it's a Newbie and I try to steer them toward approaching mafia in a manner that will work both in the current game and also generally. But if the IC is going to condone playing terrible and even condone Hermie's worthless shade throwing (worthless because all he does is repeat the same thing over and over, it's FAKE activity and FAKE effort) which actually STALLS town discussion by returning it over and over to a meaningless and totally vague thing with zero substance, that he refuses to support with any tangie evidence.

"Fluffy"
"Significant evidence"

Dodges the question as to what he means and what evidence. Then the IC gives him a gold star. Nope, that doesn't fly.

VOTE: Hermie
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:56 am

Post by rb »

This post came to you from 1am poop run, please excuse the grammar and spelling of my phone ragepost.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:58 am

Post by rb »

Oh and you can pretty easily see that Hermie is literally throwing shade and making no effort at legitimately sorting the game. Every single player is being suspect in his eyes and he's seemingly not capable of differentiating between good and bad posts.

Not town.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:21 am

Post by Hermie »

I am at work and will respond more at break time... First off tho... I AM NOT THROWING SHADE. I worry that that is the conclusion you got... I am out and out accusing you of being a mafia... Throwing shade is suggesting someone might be mafia... I am accusing you of being mafia...

Secondly can you please explain to me why town should suddenly decide the "town rea"d someone? It is never for for towns best interest to take someone as confirmed town unless there is proof to back it up with... Some mafia players are masters of bullshit and will appear very townie...why write someone off as townie based on the tone of 3 posts??????????????
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 115, rb wrote:Thor are you seriously insisting that the post by Hermie in 50 is a 'case'?
Yes, I am saying exactly that.
Just because you disagree with it fails to make it not a case.
I disagree with it, and I can see that it's a case.
In post 115, rb wrote:It's just Smurf shade throwing. Making a big quote wall, responding to it with, "fluff. Fluff. Fluff. That's what scum would say. Fluff. I think ur scum. Ur being fluffy."
I think he has a fairly solid point about what your posts were - they are fluff.
I think he applies that issue haphazardly, and it might be because he is scum pushing an agenda - but he assuredly came out and said what his issue with your slot was. That's a case.
Shade throwing is an inherent part of any case - you don't call someone scum and *not* throw shade.
In post 115, rb wrote:Honestly how can you actually expect anyone to respond to a 'case' that amounts to:

- "you are fluffy" (from the poster in the game who has done nothing but tunnel on town)
- "you didn't vote at some arbitrary point I think you should have" - no less on page Smurfng 1 in blatant RVS period where I was also postinf while at work
- does nothing but tunnel like a Smurfer
There are a number of ways to respond to it.
But if you are ignoring it for being bad and *also* posting 'why doesn't anyone explain their issues with me?' I think you're obligated to note that you discount his. Otherwise it's very valid for someone like me to point out that there *is* a case you could respond to.
I don't get your issue here.
In post 115, rb wrote:I tend to cut slack on player's like this in Newbies because well, it's a Newbie and I try to steer them toward approaching mafia in a manner that will work both in the current game and also generally. But if the IC is going to condone playing terrible and even condone Hermie's worthless shade throwing (worthless because all he does is repeat the same thing over and over, it's FAKE activity and FAKE effort) which actually STALLS town discussion by returning it over and over to a meaningless and totally vague thing with zero substance, that he refuses to support with any tangie evidence.

"Fluffy"
"Significant evidence"

Dodges the question as to what he means and what evidence. Then the IC gives him a gold star. Nope, that doesn't fly.
Why do you do this huge rant that appears to claim that I'm intentionally overlooking bad play and suggesting it's wonderful and then vote not me, but the person I'm theory defending.
Like, for this rant to make sense, either I'm scum or I'm apparently an utterly worthless player even more so than Hermie.
Your case on Hermie appears to be 'he's bad' or 'he's scum' but you just made the exact same point about me.
Why vote Hermie over me - how is he being more scummy/worse than me? Especially since he *might* be a newbie, whereas I assuredly don't have that potential defense excuse?

I feel like you're gunning for the easier mislynch.
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Creeps20 »

Okay my thoughts on RB...

First off he is reacting slightly different than what I would expect. He is making a massive deal out of it. On the forums I am from this is a clear tell tale sign of new scum. If i am not mistaken this is his 2nd game? Now then the games played here are different. But his defence is too exaggerated to be townie. I am going to go with either a power role or scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 120, Creeps20 wrote:But his defence is too exaggerated to be townie. I am going to go with either a power role or scum.
Why would being a power role make him not react like a townie?
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:24 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 121, Thor665 wrote:
In post 120, Creeps20 wrote:But his defence is too exaggerated to be townie. I am going to go with either a power role or scum.
Why would being a power role make him not react like a townie?
Because he is too important and fights more ferociously than a townie would. He needs to live much more than a townie. He knows this and so defends harder than a townie.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

All townies owe it to fight to survive.
This is pro-town because town doesn't win by lynching town.
Also, it obligates scum to, theoretically, have to exert more force to cause a lynch, which presumably helps make them easier to spot.
I fight hard not to be lynched when town.

Even if we presume your point is exactly correct - it's functionally of no bearing, because you're still pointing out that either they are town or scum, much like saying you are either scum with no avatar, to make you less noticeable, or town with no avatar because you're lazy town - making the "tell" not a tell, yeah?

I don't really get this tell.
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:00 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 123, Thor665 wrote:All townies owe it to fight to survive.
This is pro-town because town doesn't win by lynching town.
Also, it obligates scum to, theoretically, have to exert more force to cause a lynch, which presumably helps make them easier to spot.
I fight hard not to be lynched when town.

Even if we presume your point is exactly correct - it's functionally of no bearing, because you're still pointing out that either they are town or scum, much like saying you are either scum with no avatar, to make you less noticeable, or town with no avatar because you're lazy town - making the "tell" not a tell, yeah?

I don't really get this tell.
Never do I :p
It's something that people look for on my forum

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”