Micro 651: Worst (Role) Idea(s) Mafia 2 (Fin - Town Win!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Davsto »

A lynch has occurred!

VC 1.10 (FINAL)
TierShift (5): Vedith, +__+, Jaack, light_ganski, Skrub
+__+ (1): TierShift
Jaack (1): Aristophanes

Not Voting (2): Maruchan, Vaxkiller

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

TierShift has been lynched! He was...

Spoiler: Role PM
Welcome to Worst (Role) Idea(s) Mafia 2

You are the Evil Genie

The first player to target you at night (or, if more than one player targets you first, a randomly selected player out of those who target you), instead of their action succeeding, will get a private topic with you, and be told they are given three wishes. They make these wishes, and you have to PM me to tell me to grant them - however, you are able to (and encouraged to) twist the meaning of the wishes so that it still technically means what it says, but has different actual effects.
You are self-aligned, and win if the player you get a private topic with loses the game.

Send any night actions in! Night ends in (expired on 2016-10-18 20:05:00).
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:40 am

Post by Davsto »

Two people died!

Maruchan died! He was...

You are the One-Shot Unlynchable Jester

The first time you are lynched in the game, the day will end as normal but you will not die and your Role PM will not be revealed.
You are self-aligned, and win when you are lynched.

+__+ died! He was...

You are Ditto

Before the start of the game, you must PM me the name of a player. You will get the powers and role (although
not
the alignment) of the player you choose. You will not be informed the name of the role, what the power is, and so on. If the player claims, you will die (they will be told at day start in a PM that "It would be a bad idea for them to claim"). If you wish to use an action, just PM me "action -PLAYER-" at the time you wish to perform it and you will use any action they have on your target, although if they had no such power you will do nothing.
You are town, and win if only town players are alive.

Day two begins!

VC 2.0
No-one is currently being voted.

Not Voting (6): Aristophanes, Jaack, light_ganski, Skrub, Vaxkiller, Vedith

With 6 alive, it is 4 to lynch. Deadline in (expired on 2016-11-01 20:45:00).
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Jaack »

Aww man, I was hoping to congratulate the doctor on a great save...

Since we have two unaligned non-towns flipped and a confirmed serial killer lurking the following are possibilities:

4 town, 1 sk, 1 other thing that needs rope
5 town, 1 sk
Some bs where there is no sk but there's a role that announces the existence of a sk for the lols.

No analysis in this post, just some information.
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:16 am

Post by light_ganski »

VOTE: Skrub

Analysis incoming but I want this to eat rope today
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Skrub »

I think Vax is scum. He hasn't tried to figure out the game at all and his posts don't give me the impression that he cares about finding scum.

VOTE: vaxkiller

Light, come at me bruh. I can take anything you can dish out and in the end you'll just look silly.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 221, Skrub wrote:Oh shit, I thought he was at L-2. Eh, doesn't really matter because he's scum anyway.

I've seen a resurgence of this lately. Everytime: SCUM

VOTE: SKRUB
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Skrub »

Wow, an OMGUS vote. That's like straight out of the Scum 101 handbook.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 231, Skrub wrote:Wow, an OMGUS vote. That's like straight out of the Scum 101 handbook.
Please,

I'll let you know when its OMGUS. Also since when are OMGUS votes alignment indicative?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Aristophanes »

That wasn't OMGUS.

Tier had such a cool role it's a shame he died :(

Accidental hammers happen from all alignments.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:03 am

Post by Skrub »

In post 232, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 231, Skrub wrote:Wow, an OMGUS vote. That's like straight out of the Scum 101 handbook.
Please,

I'll let you know when its OMGUS. Also since when are OMGUS votes alignment indicative?
It's indicative when you back up your OMGUS with ridiculously weak reasoning.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Jaack »

Skrub is still probably scum and there's a pretty solid chance that Vax is as well, although that's partly PoE.

I think that Skrub was fishing for a mislynch wagon yesterday with his light vote yesterday and his Vax vote here. Both times it seems more like he's trying to divert attention from the favored wagon at the time rather than, you know, loking for scum.

My random totally made up percentages would be something like

Skrub: 80% scum
Vax: 45% scum
Ari: 15% scum
light: 10% scum
Vedith: 0% scum
Jaack: 0% scum, but a significantly smaller 0% than vedith's 0%.

That being said this game is fun so I'm not going to vote skrub just yet. Also its like 2 hours into the day.
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Skrub »

I am looking for scum. Just read through vax's iso. He's done zero scum hunting and hasn't pushed anyone at all
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Skrub »

I thought that light and tier were partners yesterday because light was saying tier seemed like scum but wasn't pushing him at all or asking him any questions. It looked like he was trying to distance his buddy. But tier flipped town, so that theory was obviously off.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Jaack »

In post 237, Skrub wrote:I thought that light and tier were partners yesterday because light was saying tier seemed like scum but wasn't pushing him at all or asking him any questions. It looked like he was trying to distance his buddy. But tier flipped town, so that theory was obviously off.
1. Tier did not flip town.
2. This is also not very believable. You said you didn't understand a tier lynch (ie were against it) in . This is not the only instance of you arguing aginst a Tier lynch, but its the one that comes most immediately before you voted light in . So, for your statement to be accurate, you had to have mentally done a complete 180 somewhere in that 13 posts.

Here is the one post that Tier made in that period:
In post 176, TierShift wrote:
In post 166, Maruchan wrote:Tierce
u wot m8
What about this post made you shift from not wanting to lynch Tier to believing he was scum (but prefering to lynch light based on her connections to him)?

Your reasoning looks like it was made up after-the-fact.
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Skrub »

Tier's role doesn't sound like he was working with anyone else. My point about him not being partners with light still stands. Look at my second an third points here. Light kept saying that we couldn't trust third parties yet didn't make any attempt to interact with them and figure out if they were bad or not.
In post 185, Skrub wrote:
In post 54, light_ganski wrote:Why do people keep claiming 'third party but don't kill me', its not exactly useful :facepalm:

VOTE: TierShift
Why would someone who is town say this instead of being glad that they know who's 3rd party now? It makes it easier to sort people out and you can grill the 3rd parties to find out whether or not you can trust them.
In post 116, light_ganski wrote:
In post 113, TierShift wrote:I'm not anti town

I don't get why letting SK kill me is bad for you?
Considering the mechanics of this game, could this be a scum gambit?

VOTE: Maruchan
He says this and then format make any effort to try and figure out of tier is really scum. It's just an empty post. Even when he votes for him again in his next post he doesn't ask tier any questions.
In post 177, light_ganski wrote:
In post 174, Vedith wrote:
In post 166, Maruchan wrote:Plus, I haven't indicated that I CAN'T win with the town, nor have I indicated a willingness to win with any other faction, unlike Tierce, so you'd think that you'd be more willing to listen to me than to tierce
See, this is neutral that I trust :up:
I get why you trust this but consider this scenario: scum claims third party and says they can win with town. We can't necessarily take third party claims at their word
If we can't take their claims at their word why aren't you interacting with any of them to figure out which ones you can trust?
In post 183, light_ganski wrote:
In post 182, Aristophanes wrote:So he's not town. There's gonna be tons of nit town. He's wiling to make more towny wincon available,
or so it seems
. Why don't we a want this?

The bolded is precisely my reason for not automatically trusting a day one non-town claim. What if he is the serial killer, and he's lying about getting the serial killer to 'team up' with him? It would be an awful good way to screw us over
Oh and didn't you say that you have to change your vote in every post? Why'd you stop doing it?
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Jaack »

Yeah, I've read your case on light, and found it to be meh.

What I am far more interested is in your more recent () claim that you were reading light and tier as partners D1. I don't find that this fits your play at all D1 as, until your quickhammer, you were largely against a tier lynch.
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by Skrub »

You're just making me repeat myself over and over again. Yeah, it's true that I didn't think we should lynch him for most of day 1. Then I noticed how light was acting suspicious of him but not really doing anything with that suspicion and it felt off to me so I voted for tier.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Jaack »

And I'm saying you're explination stinks and sounds like you made up it to explain your actions at the end of D1.
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Skrub »

It's 100% the truth though. I don't know why you're asking me to explain myself if you're just going to brush aside what I'm saying and not even try to listen to me
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Jaack »

I don't think the explination you've offered adds up with your actions, and thus, I continue to believe you are scum. The only thing I've asked of you is to explain how you went from strongly against a tier lynch to hammering out of the blue. I don't buy the explinations you've offered.

I'm not brushing aside what you are saying, I'm am judging it to be scum content.
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by Skrub »

It's the truth, therefore it adds up. It doesn't matter if you believe me or not, the fact still remains that I haven't lied about anything. Instead of wasting everyone's time by just saying "no, you're scum" any time I post anything, you should focus your attention on the people who are actually suspicious like vax.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Could your misdirection be any more obvious? Your case on light was not good at all, it looked like someone who was scrambling to find something where there was nothing.

I actually agree with you about light on some aspects, but all of those aspects are playstyle or odd comments and to me weren't alignment indicative. (I had no idea where he was going when he asked the 3rd party people to stop revealing, if the rest of the SK's want to show themselves, go for it.)
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 233, Aristophanes wrote:Accidental hammers happen from all alignments.
Accidents happen. This was an "Accident"
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by Jaack »

In post 245, Skrub wrote:It's the truth, therefore it adds up. It doesn't matter if you believe me or not, the fact still remains that I haven't lied about anything. Instead of wasting everyone's time by just saying "no, you're scum" any time I post anything, you should focus your attention on the people who are actually suspicious like vax.
I'm not just saying 'no your scum'. I pointed out the inconsistencies in your play. Just because you claim your explainations are true does not make them so.

Furthermore, I'm not interested in pursuing vax at this time. You are my top priority. If you want to make a case on vax, I'm willing to read and evaluate, but it's not my job to focus on who you say look's scummy.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 247, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 233, Aristophanes wrote:Accidental hammers happen from all alignments.
Accidents happen. This was an "Accident"
I understand your disapproving tone. I do not, however, agree.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”