Newbie 1747 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Blawb
Blawb
Goon
Blawb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Blawb »

In post 399, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 392, Blawb wrote:First game here, but I *think* I know what's going on.
In post 398, Blawb wrote:Like I said before, townies get easily frustrated on D1 due to lack of information or (in this case) feeling like he was playing with a bad town.
So...how do you know that, and where did you say that before?
In post 398, Blawb wrote:I'm going to give that slot a town read because of that. That's quite a move.
Why? And, how is that "quite a move." I think it's rather lame - especially in a newbie - and doesn't fit his previous behavior.
In post 398, Blawb wrote:PP makes me on edge because he seems flawlessly reserved.
Just want to confirm that you knew I was on V/LA for a awhile, and that my absence of posting should be null. If you've taken that into account, then...yeah. Ok.
In post 392, Blawb wrote: I actually think that rageposts are townie, because townies are more likely to get frustrated on D1 because the town has like zero information at all.

Low evidence is expected on D1, so I'm not sure if it's a valid question or not.
^ Here is where I said it before. How do I know that? Odd question I guess, but ok. I know that because this is a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority. It's easy to get frustrated when you know that you don't have as much information as you need, or if you keep going in circles. I'm not sure if that answers your question or not, but that's where I see it being applicable.

"Quite a move" was meant to sound like, "Gamechanger", but not quite as powerful. I just meant it was a powerful event that reversed my thinking in a way. I agree that it's lame, but it's still evidence nonetheless. And I don't know his previous behavior, but I'll take your word for it.

I did take that into account. Like I said, I probably won't be able to prove anything. I just don't want you slipping under the radar I guess. Nobody should for that matter.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

- So, you aren't basing your "frustration is town" on experience; rather, you are basing on your understanding of this game. Correct?

- A lame event is powerful enough to change a scum read to a town read. Now, I'll point out here that this event attributed to my overall read change on the slot...but it seems a bit much to cause such a swing in your perception.

- Agreed. Your slot has flown under the radar for 66% of D1.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by Hermie »

Blawb I can agree my mq was weak on Rb but what really has him on the scum radars everywhere is his refusal to do anything for town... I believe I stated a few times that I wanted him to post thoughts on the game... Instead he kept up his OMGUS attacks on me and based on my personal quality as a player rather than my play...(as it seemed to me anyway) He would never scum hunt people and his contributions to town were basically limited to town reading 4 players on the second day of the game.. off of few to no posts from then...
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Hermie »

As for creeps I was the first on that wagon and will be the last to leave it unless some rather damning evidence comes up against someone else...
Blawb
Blawb
Goon
Blawb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Blawb »

In post 401, PenguinPower wrote:- So, you aren't basing your "frustration is town" on experience; rather, you are basing on your understanding of this game. Correct?

- A lame event is powerful enough to change a scum read to a town read. Now, I'll point out here that this event attributed to my overall read change on the slot...but it seems a bit much to cause such a swing in your perception.

- Agreed. Your slot has flown under the radar for 66% of D1.
No need to beat around the bush mate. If you want to know my experience in Mafia games, just ask. I used to be a big player in EpicMafia. I've played some Town of Salem, but my Wifi always left me hanging. That's it. Any other questions you want to indirectly ask me?

I did say that he had a point when he was trashing the mass quote attempt on him, but that was the only point of his I agreed with. I still think his slot could be scummy, but from the aggression he had towards certain individuals I'd say that he didn't care enough to replace out as scum to help his slot's cause. It's not that deep.

Yet I've contributed more in my first two posts than you have the entire game. ;)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 404, Blawb wrote:
No need to beat around the bush mate. If you want to know my experience in Mafia games, just ask. I used to be a big player in EpicMafia. I've played some Town of Salem, but my Wifi always left me hanging. That's it. Any other questions you want to indirectly ask me?

I did say that he had a point when he was trashing the mass quote attempt on him, but that was the only point of his I agreed with. I still think his slot could be scummy, but from the aggression he had towards certain individuals I'd say that he didn't care enough to replace out as scum to help his slot's cause. It's not that deep.

Yet I've contributed more in my first two posts than you have the entire game. ;)
- Wasn't beating around the bush. Was quite serious. I have offsite experience as well, and find that it means jackshit here. Happy for you that you're a "big player."

- Meh.

- I like you for this retort, but, yeah...no. You've definitely written more words (I think...not going to count).
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by Creeps20 »

You may want to be closer to the deadline than this before a Lynch. While I am the target you should probably scum-hunt more.
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:56 pm

Post by Creeps20 »

Bump
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Hermie »

Creeps who is your scum list currently and why?
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 408, Hermie wrote:Creeps who is your scum list currently and why?
You and Penguin.
You for voting me so early and being so certain I am dead

Penguin for arriving at the time he did
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:57 am

Post by Hermie »

Okay and who is your town reads?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 336, Creeps20 wrote:Also Thor is starting to act werid. That playstyle seems to be like Hermies maf. Latching on to a player (me) and when they get lynched the other gets killed. This seems to be the case here
So you're saying I'm latching on to you, so that if I get lynched and flip scum I'll get you killed - and I did this as you're sitting at L-1 and I am generally town read?
How does that make sense?
In post 392, Blawb wrote:@Thor - Beginning of the thread, you were asking a bunch of questions directly to players. Were you doing this as an IC or a player? There is a difference.
No, there isn't. The only IC difference is that I'm not allowed to lie about theory.
In post 398, Blawb wrote:@Thor - The question I asked in my previous post was answered for me when I saw you post that thing for Aelin. You're taking IC responsibilities over player responsibilities, which is good and useful to recognize, at least for me.
No, I'm not, I am, and always will, be playing to win.

@Mod - V/LA till Sunday the 23rd
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:53 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 410, Hermie wrote:Okay and who is your town reads?
I don't trust anyone.
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:57 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 412, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 410, Hermie wrote:Okay and who is your town reads?
I don't trust anyone.
We have no proof of the innoncence of anyone. I think that the only two slightly trust worthy are Smith and misa. But even then I feel like they have a chance of scum.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:00 am

Post by Hermie »

Why is being susre you are gonna die a scum tell? And penguin power was suspicioned before the incident you are calling his scum tell...
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:03 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 414, Hermie wrote:Why is being susre you are gonna die a scum tell? And penguin power was suspicioned before the incident you are calling his scum tell...
Information.
I catch maf out for being so certain on who to is town all the time. Certaindy does not seem to be town
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:08 am

Post by Hermie »

? I am certain you are maf.. not certain you are town...
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 416, Hermie wrote:? I am certain you are maf.. not certain you are town...
Only maf can be certain
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 411, Thor665 wrote:
In post 336, Creeps20 wrote:Also Thor is starting to act werid. That playstyle seems to be like Hermies maf. Latching on to a player (me) and when they get lynched the other gets killed. This seems to be the case here
So you're saying I'm latching on to you, so that if I get lynched and flip scum I'll get you killed - and I did this as you're sitting at L-1 and I am generally town read?
@Creeps
Blawb
Blawb
Goon
Blawb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Blawb »

So, can I just vote Creeps now? Or what's the process for that since two people have declared intent to vote him? If we're holding the votes to make D1 longer, that's cool too.
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:02 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 418, Thor665 wrote:
@Creeps
Oops didn't see this.

I was slightly stressed. I always stress under pressure. So I make up things that may or may not make sense
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Hermie »

Blawb I think people are wanting to wait for a full length day... But for the record I'd be ready...
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Hermie »

In post 420, Creeps20 wrote:
@Creeps
Oops didn't see this.

I was slightly stressed. I always stress under pressure. So I make up things that may or may not make sense

Okay .. so should we believe the rest of your scum list? If you are stressed and up pressure and making things up?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:06 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 420, Creeps20 wrote:Oops didn't see this.

I'm good to lynch this.
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 422, Hermie wrote:
In post 420, Creeps20 wrote:
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/foru m/viewtopic.php?p=8435400#p8435400]post 336[/url], Creeps20 wrote:Also Thor is starting to act werid. That playstyle seems to be like Hermies maf. Latching on to a player (me) and when they get lynched the other gets killed. This seems to be the case here
@Creeps
Oops didn't see this.

Okay .. so should we believe the rest of your scum list? If you are stressed and up pressure and making things up?
I have calmed down a bit.
VOTE: HERMIE

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”