Micro 652 - Double Day Unlimited (Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 226, ecane wrote:
In post 221, Flubbernugget wrote:I can't clip lines out of your wall anymore. Yay phone posts.

Ecane's looked like pushing towards an easy accidental mislynch under the guise of getting reactions. This is especially so considering there was some decent anti town behavior that sat before 26 for comment
So I'm opportunistic because I didn't buy your Not_Mafia is scummy for townhunting stuff?
People have different ways of scum hunting, I think townhunting is completely valid, thinking that townhunting is scummy is also valid. However, assuming people will agree with what you think is scummy is bs.

Why haven't you metioned that before, and if that was the case why haven't you voted me?
I'm not accusing you of being optimistic. I am saying it makes no sense to ignore this while portraying other events in the game as optimistic.

Thor, this should answer your question too.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 229, Thor665 wrote:I think the cheek kissing works better than attacking a slot by asking other people to attack something that you agree isn't a bad comment and isn't scum telling - yes.
Everyone knows backrubs don't work though - derp
Again you are objectively wrong.

Accusations bring forth more prominent emotional actions than questions. Trying to bring the perception of everyone's eyes on someone does the same.

If that slot was newbie scum not knowing how to vote, I can guarantee they would have looked at that post and freaked out. I remember doing that several times
well
after being a newbie.

Like, I get that you take a very cold approach to mafia, but I don't get not being able to see that other people play differently.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:07 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 249, Flubbernugget wrote:I would expect the blithering to be more defensive instead of inquisitive.
He was being defensive in the questions though. I mean, sure, maybe not "more" defensive, but he was defensive.
In post 250, Flubbernugget wrote:I'm not accusing you of being optimistic. I am saying it makes no sense to ignore this while portraying other events in the game as optimistic.

Thor, this should answer your question too.
It does, though I'm not happy with the answer or the logic.
In post 251, Flubbernugget wrote:Again you are objectively wrong.

Accusations bring forth more prominent emotional actions than questions. Trying to bring the perception of everyone's eyes on someone does the same.
No, I'm not objectively wrong, especially as you shift the posts.

Your answer sounds fine - except you weren't doing the attack, you were trying to get other people to attack it *while claiming you were fine with the action* so if it was a scumhunting attempt, theoretically it was a scumhunting attempt on everyone else to see how they'd attack something you didn't think was bad.
In post 251, Flubbernugget wrote:If that slot was newbie scum not knowing how to vote, I can guarantee they would have looked at that post and freaked out. I remember doing that several times
well
after being a newbie.

Like, I get that you take a very cold approach to mafia, but I don't get not being able to see that other people play differently.
I understand that other people play differently - it's why people often complain that I pepper players with constant questions about motivation.
I fail to see the motivation here - it's why I'm asking so many questions about it.
The answers aren't helping.
I get that you're a special and different snowflake.
But the "newb" acted fine to your comment.
Multiple experienced players called you out on it.
Hint: that makes it a questionable action.

Your defense doesn't sell me.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:47 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Searching for a replacement for nmego12345.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:09 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 246, Lowell wrote:@Thor- my move was bold and awesome. Her move was designed to look brave but was actually an attempt to stall progress. When someone does something exciting, then someone else does a lesser version of that same thing, the second person is scummy.

Also, creature is now town.
So, putting 2 people at L-1 on the second page is more towny than putting everyone at L-2? I know that anti-town != scum, but are you subscribing to the idea of anti-town == town? Or do you think putting two people at L-1 so early is actually kind of ok?

Why is creature now town? From what I can tell he is moving in rather the opposite direction (from yours).
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:32 am

Post by qubixes »

I'm having some trouble with placing flubbernugget. From an "objective"/"rational" point of view he checks a lot of boxes.

- Makes a suggestive post on Aelin, then later declares he wasn't suspicious.
- Theory talk
- Calls nmego obvious town, but has a hard time explaining it.
- Defending in a rather evasive way.
- Seems to focus more on defending than scum hunting when under pressure.
(- Double voting)

Then again, for some reason I'm still not sure. I think it has to do with his style of posting.

@Thor: you seem to have some experience playing with flubber. Do you have additional insight on the way he is posting here?

@flubber: Apart from defending yourself, what are your thoughts on the game? Do you think Thor's attack on you is scum or town motivated? Do you (strongly) scum read ecane?

VOTE: flubernugget
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 255, qubixes wrote:@Thor: you seem to have some experience playing with flubber. Do you have additional insight on the way he is posting here?
I only had one game with him prior to this to my recall, and I don't recall particulars. That I recall him at all in a negative light suggests to me that he probably used iffy logic, was argumentative, and flipped town.
So to a certain extent - this might be all playstyle, if I'm recalling correctly.
That said, I'm still pretty happy with the idea of flipping him.

@Mod - V/LA till Sunday the 23rd
ecane
ecane
Townie
ecane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:07 am

Post by ecane »

In post 246, Lowell wrote:@Thor- my move was bold and awesome. Her move was designed to look brave but was actually an attempt to stall progress. When someone does something exciting, then someone else does a lesser version of that same thing, the second person is scummy.

The holes in this logic are self-evident enough.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

Agreed.

@Mod - V/LA till Sunday the 23rd
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 257, ecane wrote:

The holes in this logic are self-evident enough.
I stand by my true statement. Don't squirm ecane.
ecane
ecane
Townie
ecane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:49 am

Post by ecane »

I mean, I know I asked you a question like 7 days ago and you answered yesterday but I didn't even ask you a question now and you answered? You ok?

You still got a few left I think, I suggest you get to them sometime soon. I imagine it must be hard answering questions when you already realized you kind of screwed up but I mean it doesnt hurt to try right?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Lowell »

Damn, I got owned.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Creature »

In post 3, ChaosOmega wrote:The deadline for Day 1 is exactly 2 weeks from this post, or in 5 days, 0 hours, 35 minutes.
Time to start deciding the lynch.
Sigh
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:51 am

Post by qubixes »

@Creature: we have one pending replacement, and two slots with abysmal activity, so that's not great.

I'm getting a bit tired of Lowell's responses though.

@Lowell: are you always like this?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:54 am

Post by Lowell »

Not always, I guess? Sometimes? You guys are too serious.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Creature »

In post 263, qubixes wrote:@Creature: we have one pending replacement, and two slots with abysmal activity, so that's not great.

I'm getting a bit tired of Lowell's responses though.

@Lowell: are you always like this?
Are you referring to Not_Mafia and Lowell?
Sigh
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:18 am

Post by qubixes »

@Creature: Not_mafia and malpascp... Lowell has at least taken some stances...
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Creature »

Oh right, if it wasn't RachMarie I would've already lynched malpascp.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Creature »

I'm worried about the deadline, I'd not mind lynching them, it's basically lynching non-performing slots.
Sigh
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:43 am

Post by qubixes »

With the unlimited votes I doubt we'll have trouble securing a lynch. What is it about RachMarie? She is not in this game I think?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Creature »

I played two games where she was in an infinite V/LA and turned out to be town.
Sigh
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:52 am

Post by qubixes »

Well, if there is a game to lynch someone for inactivity I'd say it's the one where you have an extra lynch before LyLo. I prefer to wait for the replacement first though.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:07 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I don't know if I can make a meaningful post today. If I am not back by the weekend, I will request replacement.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Well there's less than half a page to catch up on so never mind.
In post 252, Thor665 wrote:No, I'm not objectively wrong, especially as you shift the posts.

Your answer sounds fine - except you weren't doing the attack, you were trying to get other people to attack it *while claiming you were fine with the action* so if it was a scumhunting attempt, theoretically it was a scumhunting attempt on everyone else to see how they'd attack something you didn't think was bad.
Okay so in the exact post you're quoting I explained why I am more concerned with what Aelin's action would have been than with everyone else's.

Who's shifting posts now?
In post 252, Thor665 wrote:I understand that other people play differently - it's why people often complain that I pepper players with constant questions about motivation.
I fail to see the motivation here - it's why I'm asking so many questions about it.
The answers aren't helping.
I get that you're a special and different snowflake.
But the "newb" acted fine to your comment.
Multiple experienced players called you out on it.
Hint: that makes it a questionable action.
I find it very hard to believe that this is the only time you've ever seen a post like that. I'm also interested as to what you see as calling it out.

There is literally no way you know how Aelin acted to the comment unless you are that account's alt, or you broke site rules by discussing this ongoing game with them.
In post 255, qubixes wrote: @flubber: Apart from defending yourself, what are your thoughts on the game? Do you think Thor's attack on you is scum or town motivated? Do you (strongly) scum read ecane?

My reads really haven't changed. I could see Thor as scum in a vacuum. His perspective on is REALLY shady, as highlighted by , , , , , and part of this post. However, nm and lowell are still stronger scum reads. NM may not be very active as town, but he knows how to post at least
something
relevant. Lowell's continuous question dodges from ecane and are also
really
bad.

Why do you think I am only defending myself when I talk to Thor?

also, quote me where I said I scum read ecane
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:46 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 273, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 255, qubixes wrote: @flubber: Apart from defending yourself, what are your thoughts on the game? Do you think Thor's attack on you is scum or town motivated? Do you (strongly) scum read ecane?

My reads really haven't changed. I could see Thor as scum in a vacuum. His perspective on is REALLY shady, as highlighted by , , , , , and part of this post. However, nm and lowell are still stronger scum reads. NM may not be very active as town, but he knows how to post at least
something
relevant. Lowell's continuous question dodges from ecane and are also
really
bad.

Why do you think I am only defending myself when I talk to Thor?

also, quote me where I said I scum read ecane
I disagree with you that Thor's perspective is shady, but your perspective is obviously different from mine.

I reread the last part of the ISO, and I still think the majority of your posting lately has been defensively, regarding your actions at the start of the game and the nmego town read. I didn't actually say you were
only
defending yourself, just that it seems to be the focus.

I didn't say you scum read ecane... I asked you whether you did! The reason I asked it was because of:
In post 221, Flubbernugget wrote: Ecane's looked like pushing towards an easy accidental mislynch under the guise of getting reactions. This is especially so considering there was some decent anti town behavior that sat before 26 for comment
If you don't have a scum read on ecane, you are just throwing shade around. So did you scum read ecane or not? Because your "show me where I said I scum read ecane" is suggesting you don't scum read her.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”