Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

I'm sorry if I'm bogging down the game, Fire Assassin. I'm just waiting to her from more people before I feel comfortable sheeping persephone. My scum read on her isn't strong enough to make me want to lynch her D1. It feels like NJAC all over again. Lurker, with very few posts, weak reads, getting mass-voted. If she's scum, okay, great. We can lynch her anytime, it's not like she's going to get less scummy and get away with it. But if she's town, how would her lynch help us in any way? I feel like all it would do is cast more suspicion on the people responsible for the wagon, which I already suspect anyway.

I reviewed Gamma's scum game and one of his town games. They don't feel that much different from each other or from what he's doing here? But I have to say he plays good scum. If he's scum now, it doesn't look to me like he's playing very well.

I was following this game before I replaced, because I was still waiting to play and wanted to get my sense of forum mafia back. Before farside replaced in and opened up her case on Gamma, he felt like obvious mafia pulling strings to me and I was baffled why nobody was seeing it and voting him. I wasn't part of the game then and so I didn't feel the need to take notes, but I remember I kept reading and waiting for someone to see what I was seeing. So maybe he *is* playing well after all.

So that's why I've been dead-set on lynching him so far and the only reason I'm second guessing myself right now is because nobody else (besides farside) is suspicious.

I'd really, really like to hear from Kop and Yuria at this point. It feels like the town is divided all over the place and the scum is leading the real lynches right now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

These posts are what make me think persephone is scum.
In post 40, persephone325 wrote:I don't know who to vote for yet... Nothing's really raised any red flags for me yet.
Sounds like she hasn't seen anything she can push yet.
In post 82, persephone325 wrote:UNVOTE: Kop

Kop seems reasonable and logical, at least in my opinion. For my new vote, I'm in between FancyPants and Hark because I just find it odd that Fancy voted for Alban for his vote against Campion because he said it was a random vote. (Hope that made sense? lol) Isn't that what this vote is supposed to be? And Hark was immediately like "Oh, Fancy must be town."

That's my feelings on one little thing, though.
Why no vote? She expressed a scum read here. Making
In post 131, persephone325 wrote:I still feel suspicion towards FancyPants and Hark for the reason I stated before. Just so I don't have a no-vote on my record, I'm gonna VOTE: Hark. And there's still time left in the voting, so I can change it later if need be.
Even more awkward. Why not vote him before?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

You know what, just forget it.

UNVOTE: Gamma Emerald
VOTE: persephone325

I'm really tired of people replacing in and out. You want a lynch now, fine. You get your lynch. But if it turns out I'm right and you guys are wrong, I owe you the biggest "I told you so" in the history of MafiaScum.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Gamma, she feels like she's totally new to the game. I think she's just being super careful with her vote and afraid of lynching a townie.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

It's really not your fault MDS.
Well not only, this game is massive circle jerk that I am tired of taking part in.
Worst is the farside and NJAC back and forth from last page.

I don't care if I'm right anymore, I am not seeing how this game will be fun for me.
Vote who you want to MDS, I am not bullying anyone here. Vote who you think is right.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 803, MiniDeathStar wrote:Gamma, she feels like she's totally new to the game. I think she's just being super careful with her vote and afraid of lynching a townie.
But why not vote in the post she expressed the scumread in?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

mod rescind my replacement request. I'll just give myself a break for awhile.
Consider me V/LA till Wednesday.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

In post 804, Fire Assassin wrote:It's really not your fault MDS.
Well not only, this game is massive circle jerk that I am tired of taking part in.
Worst is the farside and NJAC back and forth from last page.

I don't care if I'm right anymore, I am not seeing how this game will be fun for me.
Vote who you want to MDS, I am not bullying anyone here. Vote who you think is right.
Fair enough. I agree with you, you should be having fun. I'm sorry this is how the game turned out. :(
In post 805, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 803, MiniDeathStar wrote:Gamma, she feels like she's totally new to the game. I think she's just being super careful with her vote and afraid of lynching a townie.
But why not vote in the post she expressed the scumread in?
I don't know, Gamma, I'm not her lawyer. I think she just wasn't confident in her read and only voted Hark so that she's voting *someone* while making it clear her vote isn't set in stone. That's how it reads to me at least. I don't see scum intentions there.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Can we lynch TEXCAT?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by texcat »

I can't agree with the Gamma nor the NJAC wagons, but we need to lynch. Persephone has done little to recommend her as town.

VOTE: Persephone
L-1
, I think?
Yuria
Yuria
Goon
Yuria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by Yuria »

Hi I'm here, reading now
Yuria
Yuria
Goon
Yuria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:05 pm

Post by Yuria »

ok that was a lot to take in.

I don't want a perseph lynch, srry hark. That town read I gave her a long time ago I'm still confident in. FA's reasoning could be applied to sgz's replace out too, and I'd rather not read into it as it can be for multiple outside reasons.

I guess Kop isn't an option today huh? he's not even voting after he called everyone on the njac wagon scum, a day before deadline too lol. I'm still pretty confident there.

{Fancy, Hark, Farside, Perseph} aren't going to get a vote from me unless absolutely necessary. Mini neither, she's putting in hella effort, so I guess I was wrong there. I'm gonna reread gamma since I haven't meta'ed him yet, and narrow down my other choices rn.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

u break my heart into a million pieces

they fall on the earth, warm and gentle, like tears

like a rainfall of a broken love
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

FA and MDS are lock town.
eager is towny
everyone else is a different mix of null and scum.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Vig, pls shoot NJAC. shooting anyone else holds the risk of shooting a PR.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

yuria is prob scum at this point too, if persephone is town. i see no town motivation behind refusing to push the game forward.
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by The_Jester »

Flubbernugget replaces persephone325.
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
Yuria
Yuria
Goon
Yuria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Post by Yuria »

I've been through many deadline lynches with some good turn arounds on scum, also I'm stubborn. Waiting two days won't hurt anything, and I'll give you my vote then if I can't find better prospects.
Yuria
Yuria
Goon
Yuria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:17 pm

Post by Yuria »

Gamma I don't wanna lynch. Gamma isn't really hitting the profile I'm expecting from scum him and his reasoning isn't coming across as fake really. Changing his mind is something he could be doing to mimic his towngame but I haven't seen an illogical flow to it.

I actually thought I liked njac but now I don't. His defense posts come across as really patronizing (like stating farside obviously must state the subtleties of the differences in his town and scum meta when he can't asked to do the same). Something about his tone too recently.. like he's overblowing his confidence in some places but not others. I need to read it in context but my town read on him is gone tbh.

Eager....... Eager I don't know if I still want to vote for. He's definitely different than what I'm used to, but I don't know if its contradicting what I think his town play is.

Texcat I am good with lynching. I've only slightly thought she was town but begging FA for a case on her and ignoring it with some aimless question and settling her vote on a vacant player doesn't sit well with me. I've been a bit paranoid about her when I saw her town meta as more aggressive than I see her but now I'm comfortable with her lynch.

Fire bringer/assassin is fine, some of the things he said early on ticked me off but I don't feel like he's being not genuine. The pragmaticness of his recent posts feel townie to me, where it's easy for scum to just outcry how right they are.

Mini I am way too tired to read and dissect her walls but I haven't seen any red flags. maybe tomorrow.

Kop I'll vote for anytime. If I ever got a bit more support there I'd keep pushing it but it's not meant to be I guess.

so anyways reiterating my discontent with tex's recent posts: VOTE: texcat
If I'm going to compromise this is the flip I want.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:28 pm

Post by FancyPants »

Will you please explain your persephone town read Yuria?
Yuria
Yuria
Goon
Yuria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:43 pm

Post by Yuria »

A lot of her posts have a very comfortable tone to them for a newer player, along with some honesty about her suspicions (40 is pretty hard to say when your job is to blend in, along with 82 where she isn't too sure how good her suspicion of you and hark). I usually expect a mechanical kind of attack from newer scum or having odd sorts of confidence in their reads because they don't know how to mimic a townie yet.

I wouldn't call it a read set in stone, but this is how I generally understand newer players.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

flubbernugget pls claim fam
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Welcome back Yuria. Thanks for that analysis.

UNVOTE: Flubbernugget

Please no quickhammering. Let's give them the chance to reread and say something. We have some time left.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:56 pm

Post by FancyPants »

I really feel like newb-scum are more likely to hedge or struggle with reads because they know they have to fabricate them.
They worry about what they have to say knowing everything is being scrutinized.

I recently played with newb-scum who did exactly that, pleading ignorance rather than producing anything of value.
I know it's player dependent but I'm not buying Persephone's behaviour as newb-town behaviour.

Especially with the replace out.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Oh and Yuria, any thoughts on farside at all?

Return to “Completed Open Games”