2016 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

And so begins the Geno Smith era
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:54 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

3.5 picks over/under
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:28 am

Post by PJ. »

under
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

under
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:56 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I kinda think it will be over. Ravens aren't exactly the best of the best, but Geno is rusty and did throw a pick on his fifth throw after Fitz got benched last week.

(profile pic by datisi)
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:08 am

Post by racefan12 »

I'm gonna say under, but the fact that this is a legitimate debate is pretty hilarious and sad at the same time.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:42 am

Post by AGar »

Push.

I believe in you Geno.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:31 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Matt Judon (made the tackle that took Geno out) is the next coming of our friend IK from last year!

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Well this is certainly an enjoyable SNF game :S

(profile pic by datisi)
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Nobody deserved to win that game, so nobody did.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:35 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 457, D3f3nd3r wrote:Matt Judon (made the tackle that took Geno out) is the next coming of our friend IK from last year!
Nah fuck him actually, turns out it tore the ACL

(profile pic by datisi)
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Wraith »

Steelers were way better than expected yesterday. That plus the Ravens playing terribly against the Jets gave me hope we actually could beat them in their house without Ben.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

hasdgfas wrote:Nobody deserved to win that game, so nobody did.
+1^

Brock showed last night he got way too much money from Houston. I had a feeling that would happen at some point during this year. Houston won AFC south with sub par QB play last year. As long as the rest of that division stays bad they'll be out first round of the playoffs again
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:06 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

The Colts should at least come close and the Titans probably have at least some small chance. But yeah, I agree that whoever it is gets a 4 seed and loses the the AFC West #2 team. Hopefully that's Denver or KC with the Raiders winning the West.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

I still think 3 afc west teams will make it to the playoffs. At least 2 of them will get to second round of playoffs. One of them will beat AFC south. The other will be as a result of AFC west vs AFC west (one of them has to win) or one of them could wind up with the #2 seed since AFC south is gonna get 4th and AFC north feels more likely to steal 3rd seed at this point given how competitive battle between PIT, BAL, CIN is looking right now. OAK could very well get a home game this post season
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I am pretty sure that last year someone in the Texans front office said" You know that Oswellier guy? He played for the Broncos so I bet he's good, we should sign him."

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

That may be true. Let's not forget last regular season game last year Brock was benched for Peyton. And Peyton Manning was pretty bad last year. Historically bad in comparison to many superbowl winning QBs. There were signs this would happen with Brock
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Wraith »

So Ben practiced today, so we've got that going for us, which is great.

Ladarius Green also practiced, plus it seems like Bud Dupree and Cam Heyward are aiming for a Week 10 return. While the defense will likely stay abysmal without Heyward, it's a sign that we're on trajectory to get hot late in the season as usual and cruise through the easier half of our schedule. Even if we lose both the @BAL and DAL games, we'll still be 4-5 and have a much easier 7 game stretch to end the season. 11-5 is still within reach, and it helps that the Ravens and Bengals are currently imploding.

I've seen someone else make a great comment about Houston: "Texans are the most predictable team in the NFL. They beat all the teams that they're supposed to beat, and lose to all the teams that they're supposed to lose to. And we saw that again last night." If this trend continues, they're likely due for a 9-7 or 10-6 record. Par for the course with the AFCS now that the Colts have badly regressed. Right now though, the Titans look to just barely have the easiest schedule remaining between the Colts, Texans, and Titans, so they're still a fine dark horse. I think the Colts have too many tough
hombres
teams to play against to mount a season comeback for the division.

I think right now here are my seed predictions:

AFC

1. NE
2. DEN
3. PIT
4. HOU
5. OAK
6. BUF

NFC

1. MIN
2. ATL
3. DAL
4. SEA
5. PHI
6. GB

If we do get hot late like I expect, PIT could easily steal the 2-seed from the Broncos. The 2-4 NFC seeds could vary wildly between those teams. Also, the NFCE is entirely unpredictable. At this point I expect at least 2 NFCE teams to make the playoffs and I'm picking the Eagles over Giants based on their defensive demolition of the Vikings this past week. But they could easily send 3 if the Packers remain inconsistent.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Week 8 is not yet in the books. I'd usually wait another week for mid season picks.

AFC

NE
OAK
PIT
HOU
DEN
KC

NFC

DAL
MIN
SEA
ATL
ARI
GB

KC < PIT
DEN > HOU
GB < SEA
ARI > ATL Defense wins championships and ATL does not have a defense

DEN < NE
PIT > OAK
ARI < DAL I feel this game could go either way. Defense wins championships so I think if ARI can stop Elliot they will win
SEA < MIN

PIT < NE
MIN < DAL I feel this game could go either way. Defense wins championships so I think if MIN can stop Elliot (DAL) or Johnson (ARI) they will win

NE > DAL Whichever NFC team gets there, I feel this is the end result

MIN oline got hurt by PHI dline. Arizona Dline is powerful. I feel ARI > MIN if they were to play each other. But DAL Oline is the best. I feel they can survive ARI and MIN Dline too
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by Bella »

The Jaguars are in basically the opposite situation to the Colts. They've got a coach/GM combo where the GM has provided talent and the coaching staff hasn't done anything with it, unlike in Indy where the coach has probably done the best he could with the awful roster he's been stick with. Both Bradley and Grigson need to go - good moves in those directions could make those teams contenders in the AFC South, rather than just leaving Houston as the division winners basically be default.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Something is wrong with this picture
http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

What is it?

Spoiler:
AFC west has 2nd seed and 3rd seed, Pitt is 6th seed. They are arranging by record and not by division

I assume they'll correct this soon.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 469, Bella wrote:The Jaguars are in basically the opposite situation to the Colts. They've got a coach/GM combo where the GM has provided talent and the coaching staff hasn't done anything with it, unlike in Indy where the coach has probably done the best he could with the awful roster he's been stick with. Both Bradley and Grigson need to go - good moves in those directions could make those teams contenders in the AFC South, rather than just leaving Houston as the division winners basically be default.
Seems gus is on the hook through 2017 so he might not be gone this year but should be gone by after 2017 season
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... th-jaguars
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:52 am

Post by PJ. »

Browns parting with Gordon "one way or another" before Tuesday. This rubs me the wrong way man. I know it's a business, I know it's about winning but man...you should of got rid of him before he got out not after. It's just not right, man.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Bella »

In post 472, PJ. wrote:Browns parting with Gordon "one way or another" before Tuesday. This rubs me the wrong way man. I know it's a business, I know it's about winning but man...you should of got rid of him before he got out not after. It's just not right, man.
I mean, Gordon's stint in rehab might be covered by medical insurance or something, and cutting him now meant he was still covered. That or something like not wanting to add extra stress by cutting him at a low point so he can get better are my guesses. Well, or Browns being Browns, I guess.

Speaking of the Browns, RIP Jamie Collins' career...
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by PJ. »

But you can't get the good will for saying you guys support him 100% and he's family ect, then say he is gone no matter what 2 days after he gets out of rehab. Either tell it straight from step 1, or stick by the guy. Idk man, maybe I'm wrong but fuck man. It seems bad

Return to “General Discussion”