JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:34 pm

Post by JaeReed »

What? I gave you my answer. Did you not want the read explained? You didn't say I was limited to only the read with no reasoning. -.-
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 pm

Post by Transcend »

I just wanted your stance and nothing else lol
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:55 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1012, mhsmith0 wrote:Explaining yourself matters in a few ways:

1) You'll improve as you get experience actually laying things out
2) You'll have a chance to convince people you're right, and (if you're town) just as importantly give people a chance to engage with your read in case it's wrong, and convince you that it's wrong
3) Through being open about your process, you can enable the rest of the board to read you better
1) This has been proven false to me through every previous game of mine where I have tried. In fact, I got WORSE at getting my point across every game I tried to do it in.
2) town should do their own research and see if they agree or not. I gave the links to ISOs for comparison. And people engaging with me on my reads reasonings and forcing me to try to case is often why I'll 180 off scum. Not that it matters anyway because I literally can't get scum lynched no matter what I do. Even if people decide to sheep me it's just because I'm on fucking town so no. I'm not wasting my time trying to force explain something when that doesn't come easily to me.
3) I don't care. If people are bad enough to not realize I am town by now then I don't fucking care to try to obvtown for their benefit. Because they'll keep on their stupid confbias anyway.
In post 1014, mhsmith0 wrote:Like, wrt CCC you should be able to point out the glaring difference. Are they high energy one game, low the other? Snarky vs serious? High emotion vs kind of dull? etc

Even that much will at least help to clarify where you're coming from. It's much harder when you simply say there's a glaring difference, because it's not helpful to other people to say there's something there, when you could just explicitly point it out instead.
No, I can't. I said that I can't and I mean it. I am literally getting worse at this game with every game I play. There's a reason I decided to coast this game after I got my town read on transcend. If I could explain it in as simple words as you just provided don't you think I would have done it by now?

It's helpful to other people because they can look and draw their own opinions based on the links I gave to support my assertions. If they can't see what I can see then they're never going to no matter what I say.
In post 1015, mhsmith0 wrote:I'd further point out that in your push on CCC, by not being clear about what you're seeing, if he's mafia (which I really don't buy), he's able to discredit your read since you seemingly can't back it up. And if he's town, he's going to think you're full of shit and casting shade that you can't back up, and (somewhat predictably) think you're a wolf for it.
If I can't be clear about a read because I can't words then I don't need to have it rubbed in my goddamn face. I have given my evidence and tried to explain it in literally the only way I can.

He's just not town. I can't explain it but he's not town. That's not a town push on me. Io is a town push on me.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:45 am

Post by Io »

@Trans Paranoid.
Morituri te salutant. Et semper mortem memini.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:00 am

Post by Transcend »

of the 3 times i've been scum with you (you subbed out right as i subbed in to beeboy's fire and ice) does this feel like my scum game that you saw in those 3 games to you?
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:59 am

Post by Hermie »

In post 1022, Transcend wrote:
Burgerking:
I did give a TL;DR if you didn't want to read the whole post. I don't read long posts myself so I was nice to everyone and gave a TL;DR. Out of my 3 scumreads besides you {Hermie, rb} how many do you think are correct?

CCC
: Why are you being so neutral today? You've only taken a stance on Jae today and even then it was pretty weak and I didn't like the way you voted him.

CloudKicker
: Y r u a big stinky? When you're back can you give 2 scumreads and 2 townreads?

Hermie
: You acknowledge that rb's posts are scummy, however you think he's scummy town. What about his posts strike you as "scummy town"

Impoetic
: Were there reasons that you voted Uzi besides him being the leading bandwagon? Who do you think is scum on the Uzi wagon if there is any?

Io
: Am I a hard scumread for you or just you're paranoid about me? Because I really can't have you fosing me here.

JaeReed
: What's your read on Impoetic at this current moment? Keep in mind: the only answers acceptable for this question are "Town" or "Scum".

mhsmith0
: Do you agree with me that Jae/CCC are probably not a team? Are there any reads you have that I don't, and that I should take into consideration?

rb
: You haven't proven to me that you've genuinely been progressing through the game. Give me some reads right now. I asked you before and I'm gonna ask you again.

VWXYZ
: Still fos me? What about my vote was scummier than the rest? Also, I'm off of work for two days so I'm down to play you in the Jotto Tourney whenever.

Every game I've played with rb he has been excessively scummy town and his play feels much the same to me rn.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:24 am

Post by Transcend »

have u seen his scum play?
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:56 am

Post by Hermie »

No I have not. I've pushed for his lynch as town tho.
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:23 am

Post by CloudKicker »

Came back, will reread everything when i wake up
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:03 am

Post by CCC »

In post 1015, mhsmith0 wrote:I'd further point out that in your push on CCC, by not being clear about what you're seeing, if he's mafia (which I really don't buy), he's able to discredit your read since you seemingly can't back it up. And if he's town, he's going to think you're full of shit and casting shade that you can't back up, and (somewhat predictably) think you're a wolf for it.
To be fair, I've had enough Town people thinking I'm Mafia when I'm actually Town in previous games that I don't think I can really consider "thinking I'm Mafia when I'm Town" to be particularly alignment indicative.

But Jae voting for his third-top scumread yesterday is significant evidence against him already, in my view.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:11 am

Post by CCC »

CCC
: Why are you being so neutral today? You've only taken a stance on Jae today and even then it was pretty weak and I didn't like the way you voted him.
I have one scumread, and it's a pretty firm scumread, so I'm trying to push it.

I
had
you as my second-top scumread at the start of the day (for your push on Uzi day one) but you've been looking a lot less scummy today - I don't know if it's because you're actually Town, or because you're a good actor.

I have a few Townreads as well, I'm not going to be voting for them unless I'm convinced my read is wrong

...and those are the reads I've got. I'm only pushing one person, because I only have one decent scumread. The way I see it, if we take him down today, then we can track down the rest of scum afterwards.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:13 am

Post by CCC »

In post 1026, Transcend wrote:I just wanted your stance and nothing else lol
The reasoning's good. I want to see more reasoning from him. Specifically about all the reads where he just says 'tone' and seems to think that that explains it.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:18 am

Post by CCC »

In post 1027, JaeReed wrote:1) This has been proven false to me through every previous game of mine where I have tried. In fact, I got WORSE at getting my point across every game I tried to do it in.
...I fail to see how
not
explaining would be better than a poor explanation. You're not getting your point across at
all
by remaining silent.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Transcend »

Who are your few good town reads?
VWXYZ
VWXYZ
Townie
VWXYZ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by VWXYZ »

UNVOTE: Transcend
hm idk any more after reading you seem pretty towny but im not sure who is maf then cause i thought u were
VWXYZ
VWXYZ
Townie
VWXYZ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by VWXYZ »

In post 1031, Transcend wrote:have u seen his scum play?
btw pm me on em when ur on so we can fcking play that jotto
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Transcend »

I'm here right now

Are you gonna do a bizarre word

Because i won't
VWXYZ
VWXYZ
Townie
VWXYZ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by VWXYZ »

In post 1041, Transcend wrote:I'm here right now

Are you gonna do a bizarre word

Because i won't
im trying to do some practice games cause i suck at jotto
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by Transcend »

np. hmu when ready. i'll be in comp.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1037, CCC wrote:
In post 1027, JaeReed wrote:1) This has been proven false to me through every previous game of mine where I have tried. In fact, I got WORSE at getting my point across every game I tried to do it in.
...I fail to see how
not
explaining would be better than a poor explanation. You're not getting your point across at
all
by remaining silent.
I have not remained silent.
You are not on mafia right now. So no, you're not going to find any mafia after you fail to lynch me.
You just picked out one part and ignored the part where I literally said I can't get my words to do what I want to explain it. I cannot explain it. There's a basis there that I can't explain, and I was actually relying on someone else looking at the evidence and putting it into words because I can't. Not everyone can manage to spin words their way all the fucking time.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Transcend »

Anyone besides hermie wanna give a reason why rb shouldn't die?
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by Io »

In post 1044, JaeReed wrote:
In post 1037, CCC wrote:
...I fail to see how
not
all
by remaining silent.
I have not remained silent.
You are not on mafia right now. So no, you're not going to find any mafia after you fail to lynch me.
You just picked out one part and ignored the part where I literally said I can't get my words to do what I want to explain it. I cannot explain it. There's a basis there that I can't explain, and I was actually relying on someone else looking at the evidence and putting it into words because I can't. Not everyone can manage to spin words their way all the fucking time.
There is a difference between not attempting to explain, and explaining badly. Inherently if you at least gave a poor explanation it would help whereas no explanation doesn't help and is incredibly scummy.
Anyone can say 'X is scummy' and when asked why just say 'they feel like scum.' Now, that's not inherently bad it just means you're not contributing reads at all. But when you say "I was actually relying on someone else looking at the evidence and putting it into words" that is where the problem with this comes in. If you use this to give a defense for not explaining reads you must also provide the evidence you were using. Not giving explination and not giving evidence is what is extremely scummy. At least if you give evidence then you can say this and it be OK as you provide the evidence and let people draw conclusions, but you're wanting people to find evidence to back up your FoS and then also provide the actual accusation pretty much removing as much of the blame of a mislynch as you possibly can.
This is why I always say this is a scum tell because of how lazy it is and how easy it is for scum to replicate and not take the blame for a mislynch they are pushing to start.
Morituri te salutant. Et semper mortem memini.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Hermie »

In post 1045, Transcend wrote:Anyone besides hermie wanna give a reason why rb shouldn't die?

I am perfectly comfortable killing rb I'm just saying that I don't view his play as being scum lean necessarily.

(I just had to :lol: )
Burgerking
Burgerking
Goon
Burgerking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by Burgerking »

Burgerking:
I did give a TL;DR if you didn't want to read the whole post. I don't read long posts myself so I was nice to everyone and gave a TL;DR. Out of my 3 scumreads besides you {Hermie, rb} how many do you think are correct?
ur maf
rb is town
idk about hermie
Burgerking
Burgerking
Goon
Burgerking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Burgerking »

In post 1039, VWXYZ wrote:UNVOTE: Transcend
hm idk any more after reading you seem pretty towny but im not sure who is maf then cause i thought u were
fishy switch.
i dont think he suddenly became towny just bc he wrote a long post

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”