JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1046, Io wrote:
In post 1044, JaeReed wrote:
In post 1037, CCC wrote:
In post 1027, JaeReed wrote:1) This has been proven false to me through every previous game of mine where I have tried. In fact, I got WORSE at getting my point across every game I tried to do it in.
...I fail to see how
not
explaining would be better than a poor explanation. You're not getting your point across at
all
by remaining silent.
I have not remained silent.
You are not on mafia right now. So no, you're not going to find any mafia after you fail to lynch me.
You just picked out one part and ignored the part where I literally said I can't get my words to do what I want to explain it. I cannot explain it. There's a basis there that I can't explain, and I was actually relying on someone else looking at the evidence and putting it into words because I can't. Not everyone can manage to spin words their way all the fucking time.
There is a difference between not attempting to explain, and explaining badly. Inherently if you at least gave a poor explanation it would help whereas no explanation doesn't help and is incredibly scummy.
Anyone can say 'X is scummy' and when asked why just say 'they feel like scum.' Now, that's not inherently bad it just means you're not contributing reads at all. But when you say "I was actually relying on someone else looking at the evidence and putting it into words" that is where the problem with this comes in. If you use this to give a defense for not explaining reads you must also provide the evidence you were using. Not giving explination and not giving evidence is what is extremely scummy. At least if you give evidence then you can say this and it be OK as you provide the evidence and let people draw conclusions, but you're wanting people to find evidence to back up your FoS and then also provide the actual accusation pretty much removing as much of the blame of a mislynch as you possibly can.
This is why I always say this is a scum tell because of how lazy it is and how easy it is for scum to replicate and not take the blame for a mislynch they are pushing to start.
FUCK ME I GAVE EVIDENCE

I GAVE THE FUCKING LINKS AND EXPLAINED WHAT I WANTED PEOPLE TO LOOK AT WITH REGARDS TO THE DIFFERENCES.
STOP WITH THIS MISREPPY BULLSHIT THIS IS THE ACTUAL LITERAL WORST THING YOU CAN DO AS TOWN.

I LITERALLY GAVE THE EVIDENCE I WAS ABLE TO GIVE LIKE FUCK OFF
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by Transcend »

hey --

don't tell my "mason partner" to fuck off
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by Hermie »

I think I'm in over my head with this game. I'm gonna go to the open queue.

@mod replace me please!
Burgerking
Burgerking
Goon
Burgerking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Burgerking »

In post 1050, JaeReed wrote:
In post 1046, Io wrote:
In post 1037, CCC wrote:
In post 1027, JaeReed wrote:1) This has been proven false to me through every previous game of mine where I have tried. In fact, I got WORSE at getting my point across every game I tried to do it in.
...I fail to see how
not
explaining would be better than a poor explanation. You're not getting your point across at
all
by remaining silent.
You are not on mafia right now. So no, you're not going to find any mafia after you fail to lynch me.
You just picked out one part and ignored the part where I literally said I can't get my words to do what I want to explain it. I cannot explain it. There's a basis there that I can't explain, and I was actually relying on someone else looking at the evidence and putting it into words because I can't. Not everyone can manage to spin words their way all the fucking time.
hey calm down kid
There is a difference between not attempting to explain, and explaining badly. Inherently if you at least gave a poor explanation it would help whereas no explanation doesn't help and is incredibly scummy.
Anyone can say 'X is scummy' and when asked why just say 'they feel like scum.' Now, that's not inherently bad it just means you're not contributing reads at all. But when you say "I was actually relying on someone else looking at the evidence and putting it into words" that is where the problem with this comes in. If you use this to give a defense for not explaining reads you must also provide the evidence you were using. Not giving explination and not giving evidence is what is extremely scummy. At least if you give evidence then you can say this and it be OK as you provide the evidence and let people draw conclusions, but you're wanting people to find evidence to back up your FoS and then also provide the actual accusation pretty much removing as much of the blame of a mislynch as you possibly can.
This is why I always say this is a scum tell because of how lazy it is and how easy it is for scum to replicate and not take the blame for a mislynch they are pushing to start.
FUCK ME I GAVE EVIDENCE

I GAVE THE FUCKING LINKS AND EXPLAINED WHAT I WANTED PEOPLE TO LOOK AT WITH REGARDS TO THE DIFFERENCES.
STOP WITH THIS MISREPPY BULLSHIT THIS IS THE ACTUAL LITERAL WORST THING YOU CAN DO AS TOWN.

Burgerking
Burgerking
Goon
Burgerking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Burgerking »

wheres the "evidence"?
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Hermie »

Hey actually don't replace me. I'll see if i can learn something from this game.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 868, JaeReed wrote:
In post 838, CCC wrote:Jae seems very certain that Impoetic is Town, and I'm wondering why.
This is interesting because I said in 826 that I get glimpses of "oh she's scum" but she's not on my immediate radar. He followed one post where I handwaved her because I'm not looking too deeply at her right now and ignored my response to rb specifically asking about my read on her.

UNVOTE:

I'm starting to omgus tho so... need a sec to sort properly i guess.
In post 872, JaeReed wrote:
In post 870, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 837, JaeReed wrote:Impo is town tho so if he got nked for reads it's because burger is scum.
I'd guess that CCC's post was in reaction to this. It's a blanket statement that she's town. So, why did you broadcast what read as relative certainty that she's town, if in fact you're harboring meaningful doubts?
It was made 2 hours after a post where rb specifically asked me if she was town and I responded that she's not on my radar but has lots of could be scum moments. With Impo making one post in between which really wasn't AI.

Mostly, that's "Impo is more town than burger is to me right now" and was an off-handed comment. You're seriously gonna push on semantics? It won't end well for either of us, I can guarantee you that, because I will just hard scumread you and actually push for the lynch. If you're town you REALLY don't want that, buddo.
In post 878, JaeReed wrote:
In post 873, mhsmith0 wrote:I can potentially buy that it's an off-handed comment that was communicated badly (especially in the context of 826 not long before), but nevertheless, what you expressed was more certainty than that. Why do you think it's odd for you to be questioned on it?
I think it's more odd that I wasn't questioned. He wasn't questioning at all or trying to understand whether my reads were genuine or not, he was casing and addressing the other players. It rubs me the wrong way.
In post 883, JaeReed wrote: CCC is a scum read flat out but holding back on that because smith might be town and if so his opinion is valued.

rb defended lil in a manner I didn't like d1 because I didn't think there was that much to defend him on. I went over this already. I said I wanted to tr him for the paranoia over Impo but knew it wasn't really something to tr him over because it was a post that could easily be made by scum. Then he voted CCC for that terribad push on me and so I'm not sure anymore. Could be attempted buddying and if so it's working to make me rethink and consider rereading. For the time being he's still a scumread but not as strong. If CCC is town then I think there's the chance he's whiteknighting me. If CCC is scum then I don't think that read as a bus, honestly. I mean I could be wrong it's just my take on that.
Maybe you could look through my ISO and find it yourself. I'm sick of quoting myself 5 million times. Here's a sampling. There's also the posts where I meta-dived and provided the links to his town game and scum game, and cited that I found there to be a huge tonal difference between them; and one which he's matching to his scum tone here.

Anyone pushing me at this point is scum, minus Io. I'm including smith in that. He's trying to come across as helpful but in doing so he's tried to make out like I not once brought up a point against CCC and this clearly shows that I did already try to, in fact, and in a back and forth with smith himself. So in fact, he proved my fucking point.

My scumpool is smith, ccc, hermie, rb, burger.
smith and ccc aren't scum together.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Hermie »

In post 846, Burgerking wrote:i hardclaim scum
VOTE: burgerking
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Hermie »

Iso burgerking and look at his posts.

Literally no content what so ever.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Hermie »

In post 747, Burgerking wrote:
In post 712, gerryoat wrote:I can't find 1 post from BurgerKing that actually has them scumhunting.
ironic.

heres a few posts where i demonstrate scumhunting:

there are a bunch of other posts where i ask JaeReed, Io, Impoetic to explain things they said.

so blatant lie is blatant.

hmm let's look at u now.

post - filler opening post (abt how theres a lot of pages, wanting to flip maf, calling the mod a noob etc.)
post - another useless post abt how you're tired and you'll read later
post - irrational logic
post - another useless post abt how you're not even going to bother to read over what u missed
post - u then announce that u'll skim-read and dont come back with a useful post
post - useless "lol" post
post - claiming to be serious about the irrational logic in post #552
post - useless post
post - useless post
post - useless+incorrect post
post - useless irony posting of facepalm emoji
post - u ask someone to tell u to iso a player instead of just ISO'ing players
post - useless post
post - vague / lacks elaboration
post - the one relevant post u made which is pretty much a BW on LUV

so u basically called me out on not scumhunting which was not only a lie but also completely ironic considerin all the posts u've made so far.

VOTE: Gerryoat

This is his only post more then a few lines and it's a mass quote on a townie.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 1057, Hermie wrote:
In post 846, Burgerking wrote:i hardclaim scum
VOTE: burgerking

that post was about 200 posts ago, and you react to it just now?
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Hermie »

I just started caring about this game when I thought about leaving it. Sorry
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Hermie »

I'm isoing.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Transcend »

actually

his posts do have content

they're just really bad and i feel they're not town motivated
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Impoetic »

In post 996, Io wrote:I'm also aware Impo didn't say they were town reading Jae, at least I haven't seen it, but that was the example I was using of common read scripting. It's just a way to get artificial town reads on scum partners without putting a whole lot of effort in. Hence why I said the next step would be for Impo to town read Jae.
OK well I am townreading jae but don't feel like I can convince anyone with my reasons since they're basically meta and tone IIRC. So there. I said it.

I'm so sorry for not keeping up with this game and I'll try to catch up and be more active in the meantime.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 1064, Impoetic wrote:
In post 996, Io wrote:I'm also aware Impo didn't say they were town reading Jae, at least I haven't seen it, but that was the example I was using of common read scripting. It's just a way to get artificial town reads on scum partners without putting a whole lot of effort in. Hence why I said the next step would be for Impo to town read Jae.
OK well I am townreading jae but don't feel like I can convince anyone with my reasons since they're basically meta and tone IIRC. So there. I said it.

I'm so sorry for not keeping up with this game and I'll try to catch up and be more active in the meantime.
I asked you a question and I want you to respond to it.

(look for a rainbow, you'll find it there :P)
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

FWIW I'm developing a slight town read on jae, mainly because of how consistently they're engaging with the push against them. It's a bit difficult to maintain that level of "how dare you suspect me" type hostility, and I'm not especially sold that it's within their scum range. I feel like they're probably just kind of hanging out as the vote leader right now (not certain given non-current VC), and I don't especially get a sense of resistance to it. Like, maybe it's trans/jae/lurker or jae plus two lurkers, but it doesn't quite *fit* in my head right now that way.

Probably should look into our lurkers hermie, burger, rb, vw. technically io and ccc have low post counts too, but I can actually remember stuff they've been done (rb has a somewhat higher post count, but a huge chunk of it has been shit posting)
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by Impoetic »

Transcend wrote:Impoetic: Were there reasons that you voted Uzi besides him being the leading bandwagon? Who do you think is scum on the Uzi wagon if there is any?
i don't remember

i think i was just sheeping you at the time bc u were my top TR (possibly w/ JR) and Uzi hadn't particularly towntold to me, but honestly I don't really remember. Maybe I SRed him. I do recall wanting to unvote at some point but then i left without doing it and came back and the day had ended.
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by xSoniaNevermindx »

VC 2.2
Transcend
(L-5)
-Burger
CCC
-
(L-4)
-rb Jae
JaeReed
-
(L-4)
-Io CCC
rb
(L-5)
-Transcend

Deadline ends in(expired on 2016-11-13 01:00:00)
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 1038, Transcend wrote:Who are your few good town reads?
mhsmith0 and Impoetic.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 1037, CCC wrote:
...I fail to see how
not
all
by remaining silent.
You haven't been silent, but you haven't explained your scumread of me either. You just provided two isos - one of me as Town, and one of me as Mafia - and said my tone sounds more like the second than the first, which isn't an explanation.
In post 1044, JaeReed wrote:You just picked out one part and ignored the part where I literally said I can't get my words to do what I want to explain it. I cannot explain it. There's a basis there that I can't explain, and I was actually relying on someone else looking at the evidence and putting it into words because I can't. Not everyone can manage to spin words their way all the fucking time.
Okay, fine then. How about this, then - can you point to one or two posts of mine that you consider
particularly
scummy? Instead of trying to get people to read through my entire ISO and then come up with their own reasons, pointing at a couple of specific posts at least gives everyone else a hint as to your thought processes.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1069, CCC wrote:
In post 1038, Transcend wrote:Who are your few good town reads?
mhsmith0 and Impoetic.
Talk through Impo a bit? What in particular have you seen from her to make her a solid town read? I've been kind of null on her, though honestly I haven't especially focused there so I could have just missed something important.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Transcend »

mhsmith0:

Why do you keep associating me with Jae?
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 1045, Transcend wrote:Anyone besides hermie wanna give a reason why rb shouldn't die?
I have no strong opinions one way or the other on rb.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 1050, JaeReed wrote:FUCK ME I GAVE EVIDENCE

You gave three
entire ISOs
and basically told people to make their own case. That's not evidence, that looks exactly like a fake read with no real case.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”