Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I think I'd prefer clumsy's gun idea, e ability and ult. That e could be very powerful, maybe too powerful pending how it is fired and how it targets. Maybe have 1 character be unable to use abilities and ults, sombra has a grenade that denies abilities is not too similar to ana's heal especially if sombras grenade has no enhancing own teamates abilities

I don't think Jahudo's shift is too powerful by comparison and would rather have that over your idea since firing 1 dart would be very weak in comparison to what symetra and hanzo are capable of with their abilities

Having an ult that does dot damage and area denial can some where else since it does feel slightly out of place in hindsight now
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Clumsy »

In post 625, PokerFace wrote:That e could be very powerful, maybe too powerful pending how it is fired and how it targets. Maybe have 1 character be unable to use abilities and ults, sombra has a grenade that denies abilities is not too similar to ana's heal especially if sombras grenade has no enhancing own teamates abilities
Very strong, yes. I was thinking an aoe effect like Ana grenade, yeah. To balance, I would think 15 sec-ish cooldown, 3 seconds of effect.
I don't think Jahudo's shift is too powerful by comparison and would rather have that over your idea since firing 1 dart would be very weak in comparison to what symetra and hanzo are capable of with their abilities.
Just 1 is weak, yes. But I was talking more of like being able to place multiple devices. Hm, or maybe one that functions just like Sonic Arrow, but lasts until destroyed or replaced. Slight hum to give position.

In any case, I'm excited and have high hopes. I think she'll fall into the Offense class personally. I could see defense or maybe (Intel) support though. What do you think?
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

im like 6 or 7 games over .500 in competitive since being placed and i just hit back to where I started.

holy shit so blah.

/rant
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I know we just got a support but as sombra could be the second support without heals and Symetras turrets would be similar having Sombra's speculated shift ability, Sombra would fit in support for the overall good of both characters

Some people are speculating Sombra is a summoner, that she sommons omnics, I know the halloween event was cool but I don't see them being easily able to create a new character with summoning abilities in comparison to what we have discussed so far. A summoner would be more of a new endevor than ideas we have so far so I doubt Blizzard would tackle that now. Later down the line would be better especially after having more omnic characters in the game beside just bastion and zen
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:02 am

Post by Jahudo »

Summoning 1 big omnic, like borderlands 2's mechromancer could work.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:11 am

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 629, Jahudo wrote:Summoning 1 big omnic, like borderlands 2's mechromancer could work.
As a mechro player

Can we please
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:51 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 628, PokerFace wrote:A summoner would be more of a new endevor than ideas we have so far
i mean this is kind of exactly why blizzard would do it - they've stated they want diversity of characters to reflect different ways different people play

they wouldn't want to just introduce another character with already-present abilities like wallhacks
link in bio
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'm not saying they would never do it, I'm saying they would not do it NOW. I think they'd sooner introduce a character with the stuff we have already considered than introduce a summoner.

It would not surprise me at all if they started developing a summoner character recently and are planning that character for sometime later.

I want Sombra to be a hacker and not a summoner. Stuff we discussed feels more hacker like.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Marquis wrote:they wouldn't want to just introduce another character with already-present abilities like wallhacks
Blizzard has had characters with similar abilities before and done it multiple times
Wall hack users: Hanzo, Widow
Sniper characters: Those two and Ana
Turret AKA builder characters: Symetra, Bastion and Torb

It is for these reasons I think they would
sooner
introduce it again than bring in a brand new type of chracter dynamic in a summoner

A summoner may one day be in the game and I honestly hope one will be but I don't want it to be or think it will be sombra
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by SirCakez »

My theory is that her E or Shift will create mini-bots (kinda like the ones from the Halloween event) and her ult would be a big mech like they've been teasing
She's probably going to be Offense/DPS
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by MTD »

I now play dis game

(EU)micdi#2590

(although regions arent really as much of a problem in this, except for the lag.)
still the same old MTD
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:16 am

Post by vonflare »

sombra is basically confirmed to have some sort of invisibility, due to leaked character dialogue about 'There is a hidden enemy nearby'

its probably her ult
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:24 am

Post by MTD »

Sombra next week. (on PTR that is)

still the same old MTD
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:31 am

Post by vonflare »

so

teleportation beacon

hack enemy abilities (whatever that means, it was said by the ceo)

Invisibility
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:45 am

Post by vonflare »

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Jahudo »

looks like you guys were right on cloaking. im guessing hack doesnt interrupt an ult already going off otherwise reaper, genji etc woyld be screwed.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:56 am

Post by MTD »

In post 640, Jahudo wrote:looks like you guys were right on cloaking. im guessing hack doesnt interrupt an ult already going off otherwise reaper, genji etc woyld be screwed.
I mean sleep dart does, so it doesnt seem impossible?

But yea, i'm also guessing that not.
still the same old MTD
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Clumsy »

Oh that's really freaking cool. I expected cloak to be the ultimate, but it's just a normal ability. The hacking a single target not on ult is really cool too. The Translocator will be great for surprising that Rein from behind. 60 bullets is a lot too, it looked like it fired quickly. I can't wait to get my hands on this character. She may be an offense character I'm actually good at. XD
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 am

Post by Clumsy »

Oh boy, did you notice that the cloak is on a 6 sec CD? But the hack is 12. Translocator is 6. These are of course subject to change, but it looks like she'll have enough mobility to be a good DPS character even when her hacking is down.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:36 am

Post by PJ. »

I play D.va

If it's not D.va it is inferior. D.va Only.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbhGICiRNwk

Cloak until you find a health pack. Hack it. Throw translocator near pack. Go hunting until you have to warp back. Repeat from hack it

If you are on defense, pick sombra, during setup, hack as many health packs on your side of the map as you can. Now you got each of those health packs on lock down for a minute. She's got two movement abilities. Yet has most defense potential of any offense character. I like it.

We all saw cloak coming. Teleport was surprise. Hack ability was more than we thought it would be. EMP Ult is line of sight multy target hack
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by vonflare »

you cant hack healthpacks during setup
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Watched some gameplay of Sombra. Movement abilities are very strong. I like the gun. Good damage and decent accuracy and range, huge mag, good speed. Seems like just a little less than Tracer damage. However, because of the small damage per bullet, it seemed like she did very minimal damage to Reinhardt because of his armor. Am I seeing this right?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

vonflare wrote:you cant hack healthpacks during setup
Seems blizz is not allowing it. They feel that aspect of her would be OP in setup. Is torb still allowed to give out armor during setup in PTR? They are letting him generate his own metal there.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:11 am

Post by SirCakez »

The hack can interrupt ults Jahudo
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “The Arcade”