Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:35 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

pwayne66 wrote:If you are sure that HH is scum (he is the common denomiator in both your theories) why would you risk a mislynch with a wildcard (me)? It seems that the protown action would be to go for the sure thing and not risk.
At the moment the game is stalling. Moving my vote to you puts you at 3 votes. If you think HH is scummy, and you want to vote for him, or anyone else wants to vote HH, I'll switch my vote to back to HH in a heartbeat.

@Skruffs - Yeah you're right, inattention on my part. Then yes, I'd want to take a closer look at shaka!!

Mod Edit

Vote Count

pwayne66- 3 (Skruffs, HackerHuck, Toaster Strudel)

HackerHuck- 1 (shaka!!)
Toaster Strudel- 1 (ChocolateAttack)

Not Voting- 3 (cicero, Psychatrog, pwayne66)

5 to lynch
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:37 am

Post by pwayne66 »

...when opportunity knocks...
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:Cicero, regardless of what I think of your play, I'm not insulting your intelligence. Am I? If I am, it's not intentional. You are, and I can only take it as someone trying to undermine another player's character.
I am pointing out how you consistently mischaracterise things. It isn't the first example. I'm content to blame your cell phone if you like. No insult intended but I can't just ignore it. Either you are scum or you mischaracterise things accidentally. I can't point that out without being somewhat less than charitable, but I'm not doing it out of meanness. I like your play for the most part. You've been tenacious and involved. But you mischaracterise a lot and it leads you to (in my case anyway) incorrect conclusions. How else should I say if not just point it out. I'm not letting you insulate yourself from misrepresentation, any more than you would me.
Here is the post:

(Long post redacted by Cicero.)

He uses confidence and agression as pro-town aspects, and lurkiness as anti-town aspects. However, he says some people are town who are lurky (white) and others are scum who are confident/agressive (BM).
Can you not see how what you just said - which is quite correct - is different than what you said before, and how it changes your conclusions? In the one case you wrote "he sees confidence as a good thing for some and a bad things for others". That is false. What you said above, however is true. He sees confidence as pro-town. The real conclusion, that I take from his run-down is that he says nothing. "This person is confident and posts a lot. maybe town. This person is lurky. thinking scum."

He's posting without really saying anything and he's riding the sentiment of the game almost to a tee. He wasnt out of step at any point. He just surfed the wave. What am I supposed to get from that?

More importantly where the hell is your FOS for everyone else that hasn't done a full Gorgon autopsy??
Also:

Where did you relook at Gorgon? I didn't see any posts where you reviewed Gorgon's actions to see where he may have been

trying to mislead the town.
I've read his posts several times since he died. I havent posted anything because I havent found anything yet.

You *did* see enough in Jester's posts to merit a fairly lengthy report on him, though, and he was town. So again, what about you vs gorgon vs jester led you to think that a vanilla townie would have more insight - intentionally or not - about who scum is than one of the mafia partners?
Jester was aggresively scumhunting. Gorgon was pretending to. Jester ended up dead. Not from one kill. From TWO!!! I already explained that I thought Jester was killed, not because he was the cop, but because he was good. He came in and looked dangerous to someone. Want to find our scum? I think they are in Jester's FOS list. I posted my thoughts on Jester because I saw something worth posting there. It has since been largely ignored. Just like everything in this game.

(Frankly for the most part this game has a certain zombie quality. Whether it's my case against Flea or yours against me, or Shaka's against Battlemage, the rest of the town just goes meh. It gets frustrating after a while. And by the way its why I havent been as aggressively active as I often am in games. I'm sick of trying to do the heavy lifting while other people shrug and ignore me. I'm sure you are too.)

(Note : Jester was the cop, BUT he never had an inspection, so other than his title he was a vanilla townie when day 1 ended.)
What the hell does point you keep making matter? I didnt give him any cop credence whatsoever. It seems that you are tryingto discredit my scumhunting and Jester's in one fell swoop. Jester's investigation warrant looking at because of how targetted he was.
"I think that the best way to handle those kind of posts if you are scum is to just give your honest impressions of your partners play. If your partner looks scummy say he looks scummy. If he looks town say he looks town. It's very insulating.

"
And you said he looked Town. That's very insulating, isn't it?[/quote][/quote]

I'm not insulated from Gorgon at all. If I wasn't myself I'd be looking at me after Gorgon died. I thought he was totally town and he loved the way I played. It was a big smoochie love fest. I'm more curious about why you're the ONLY person to point it out aggressively.

But basically, you bend over backwards to make this double WIFOM argument that is basically "well scumbuddies are supposed to distance so Gorgon and Cicero being cuddly is meant to throw us off". No. Scumbuddies distance to throw you off. If they dont do it they dont throw you off. That's why its risky (I'm learning) being supportive of anyone in this game. Because you don't know who the scum are. Basically though with you, once again I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:01 pm

Jester's list:

Living Players
Orlowski Honary Hitchiker White Toaster Strudel (FOS)
shaka!! (neutral?)
somestrangeflea Psychatrog (voted for SSF)(wary)
cheeky-little-asian Prof. Guppy Erotomachia Skruffs (town)
ChocolateAttack (wary)
Borchmore Battle Mage Kakeng HackerHuck (not on suspect list)
cicero (neutral?)
pwayne66 (neutral?)

Not Quite so Living Players
AlyG Skitzer, Backup Modkilled Day 1 (FOS)
daedalus Jalyn Jester, Cop Shot and Stabbed Night 1
Gorgon, Mafia Goon Shot Night 1 (wary)
theopor_COD, Townie Modkilled Day 2 (wary)
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:09 pm

The problem with the above is that when I read cicero's post, it rang alarm bells in my head.

It sounded like cicero had chosen to kill Jester for uber-WIFOM reasons. Jester was suspicious of now dead townies; myself, who I know to be a townie. I think Jester got it right with Skruffs. But he was explicitly not suspicious of HackerHuck, didn't mention suspcious of pway66 or shaka or cicero (unless I missed something.

So whoever might have picked Jester for the nightkill might want to give us the impression that he was "good" and the scum "felt threatened" so that we look more carefully at the players that Jester suspected, but not at the players he did not suspect. So... I can't help but think that the players he DID NOT suspect are more likely to be scum, than the players he in fact suspected... especially since a lot of them turned out to be town.

It's interesting that since the town has failed to look this up, cicero is prodding us to take a closer look at Jester, now that we're paying attention to Gorgonscum's contribution... all the while, cicero warns against paying attention to Gorgonscum, because it's, basically, too WIFOMY !

I am more suspicious of cicero than ever.

I want to get back to my vote for HackerHuck. Or cicero. or pwayne66.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by cicero »

Mighty mighty WIFOM. I can't win. There is no way that I, as scum, would kill a guy that strongly thought I was town. It's just stupid play.

And this is also nonsense about Gorgon. I don't tell you not to pay attention to Gorgon. I want to find something useful there. PLEASE go look at Gorgon. I was simply pointing out that I haven't found anything good there yet. ANDI was pointing out that no one in the town has yet dissected Gorgon as well as might be expected so that it's unfair to single me out for it.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

Cicero, the bright side: when this lynch is over you will be on the bottom of everybody's suspect list.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by cicero »

I don't really understand that comment, Pwayne. Wish I did.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

It doesn't make sense. The point was supposed to be that when my role is revealed, TS and skruffs will have to rethink their scumbuddy pairing... but then I remembered that I was talking about skruffs and TS... they don't need good reasons to believe anything...
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by cicero »

No. It'll just switch to me bussing Flea.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Lazy sunday afternoon, fucking studying (:
cicero wrote:Mighty mighty WIFOM. I can't win.
There is no way that I, as scum, would kill a guy that strongly thought I was town. It's just stupid play.
Sorry I can't make it out, are you saying that the italic is WIFOM?
cicero wrote:And this is also nonsense about Gorgon. I don't tell you not to pay attention to Gorgon. I want to find something useful there. PLEASE go look at Gorgon. I was simply pointing out that I haven't found anything good there yet. ANDI was pointing out that no one in the town has yet dissected Gorgon as well as might be expected so that it's unfair to single me out for it.
How can you not have something to say about Gorgon? He is known scum, he is our biggest lead on finding the next scum. And I do believe I reread Gorgon and posted my findings.

I just did another quick reread of Gorgon, and as Skruffs pointed out, I can't believe how buddy buddy Gorgon and Cicero were. It's so obvious, in a sense, too obvious. I doubt that scum would buddy up so much. I would say that I think that Gorgon was just using Cicero, but then I am getting into a wifom in terms of they could have easily planned to be real buddy buddy to the point where people would think that it's too obvious to be scum. I think I have to rereread him ):

I am going to look into this as if I were hunting for more tells to lynch HH ;p
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:06 pm

Post by cicero »

@Skruffs

I was saying that I would never buddy smooch my scumbuddy like I did with Gorgon and that Toaster Strudel's post was preposterous WIFOMing.

Your Gorgon case was all about reaffirming your Hackerhuck case. It wasnt a comprehensive read of Gorgon.

oh and remember, he fooled you too:
shaka!! wrote:Besides for Pwayne (and myself) I find Gorgon to be the most pro town player. I like his contribution to the game so far, his posts are long but they are well thought out, I don't think of them as a wall of words.
His voting habbit seems to be in the best interest of the town.
If I think of something worth posting re: Gorgon's play, I'll post it. Haven't found it yet. Simple as that. I could have gone "look at what gorgon does with flea, here and there" and made that case but it would have been exactly what you did: finding evidence to fit a pre-existing theory.

Question for you, maybe you've posted before - but what do you think of Hackerhuck's play since he entering the game in that role. Particularly his big rundown of the players. Does his play make you more or less sure of Hackerhuck being scum?
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:34 pm

Post by shaka!! »

He makes me much less sure of his role being scum. But he hasn't done anything to make me drop the case. When he does I will gladly move on.

What do you mean you haven't found it yet? You make it sound as if Gorgon buried something in his posts that will reveal who his partner is. If you ask me it sounds more like you are too scared to evaluate it cause it is endangering to yourself.
cicero wrote:Mighty mighty WIFOM. I can't win.
There is no way that I, as scum, would kill a guy that strongly thought I was town. It's just stupid play.
In reference to the italic. That is very weak defense because you could of easily killed him so that you could argue that point as your defense.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:55 pm

Post by cicero »

- I think killing Jester so that scum could talk about his defense would have been a stupid move. Contrary to some people's belief I am not in a position to know what the scum have done and why they've done it. Believe what you want.

- I "make it sound?" Clearly evidence may exist as to Gorgon's partner. You yourself have pushed such a theory by pointing out how Gorgon was sending advice to the Hackerhuck spot. I just havent found anything worth sharing with the class. Want to vote me for that, be my guest.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:37 am

Post by Skruffs »

It's really late, I Didn't even read all the stuff, just some of it,a nd will respond tomorrow...
But I thought to say
It would have been really funny if Cicero was buddy-buddying up to Gorgon and Gorgon was buddy-buddying up to Cicero, each thinking the other was a townie, and each being different types of scum (mafia nad serial killer) It's very unlikely, but it's amusing. :)

I guess I can understand why cicero is reluctant to search through Gorgon's posts. Wifom or not, they were nearly identical in their beliefs, so scumhuntnig gorgon is teh equivalent of scumhunting himself.

Cicero, just continu to berate the players rather than actually scum hunting. :)

Unvote
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:57 am

Since Skruff's has unvoted pwayne66, that sorta changes the balance, so that my vote will be more productive here:

unvote, vote: HackerHuck
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:56 am

Post by cicero »

Hai guyz

I've come to the conclusion that I think there are indeed three scumz left in the game not two, including the serial killer. It occurred to me that scum and power roles are often (generally?) balanced one for one. This town was Built Ford Tough with, as best as I can figure, a vigilante, a backup, a cop and a doctor.

So I think that's evidence of a three strong mafia plus an SK.

That means in my mind that three out of the eight of us are completely and totally full of shit. And two of them are buddies.

Just a thought. So please continue your pet distancing/buddying/bussing conspiracy shopping. I've come to believe that there may indeed be something to it.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:31 am

Post by cicero »

EBWOP: in 1061 above I say @skruffs. That should, of course, have been @shaka.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:58 am

cicero wrote:So I think that's evidence of a three strong mafia plus an SK.

Just a thought. So please continue your pet distancing/buddying/bussing conspiracy shopping. I've come to believe that there may indeed be something to it.
No problem. I am at your service.

One SK, three mafia would be a very common setup for a mini. So yes! 3 of us are full of it. Highly likely.

Noted: shaka did not pounce on pwayne66's 3 votes to make it 4, and lynch -1.
Noted: cicero did not pounce on pwayne66's 3 votes to make it 4, and lynch -1.
Noted: pwayne66 big talk, tiny on voting.

Not looking good for pwayne66.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:01 am

Post by cicero »

My thoughts on Pwayne are that I think he might be our serial killer. He fits the profile. Trying to survive. I don't think he's mafia. And I'm not ready to vote yet. But he could also be one of our power roles. They tend to like that survival thing too.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:36 am

cicero wrote:My thoughts on Pwayne are that I think he might be our serial killer. He fits the profile. Trying to survive. I don't think he's mafia. And I'm not ready to vote yet. But he could also be one of our power roles. They tend to like that survival thing too.
What are the signs that he's "trying to survive?"
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:09 am

Post by cicero »

Do your own homework, Strudel. It's been discussed lots.

He didnt engage with the game until he was expressly poked. He just stated some opinions, rode wagons, and didnt vote much. He's changed a lot since Skruffs called him out. But that doesn't change my pre-skruffs opinion.

As I said though, that isnt a lot to go on. Power roles try to do the same thing. There is also the fact that Pwayne and I have both discussed how meaningless scumtells often seem. So I can see a motive for him to just be disengaged as a vanilla townie too.

But I dont think he's in the generic mafia. Not only because I like to misuse odds theory and say he was mafia two games in a row so probably not this one, but because his play was less aggressive in this game then in past games. I think as a mafia member, Pwayne feels like he has some rope. If he dies, he dies. He has buddies. but he tries to push the agenda. Much more than he has done here.

Right now my thoughts on him are kind of 65% town in some capacity, 35% SK, Mafia 0%
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:45 am

Post by pwayne66 »

TS wrote:Noted: shaka did not pounce on pwayne66's 3 votes to make it 4, and lynch -1.
Noted: cicero did not pounce on pwayne66's 3 votes to make it 4, and lynch -1.
Noted: pwayne66 big talk, tiny on voting.

Not looking good for pwayne66.
...so now your scumpairing is that any combination of two including me, cicero, shaka, skruffs and HH are scum? I may be tiny on voting, but your a little too big on it. Your effort to legitimize you being on whatever bandwagon that will lynch any player (and then jump to the next one) that isn't SSF or CA is noted.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:17 am

Post by pwayne66 »

^^^maybe I misunderstood... are you suggesting that it is possible that cicero or shaka are my scumbuddy and were reluctant to bus me? Is that the only reason they would have for not voting me?
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:22 am

Post by shaka!! »

cicero wrote:- I think killing Jester so that scum could talk about his defense would have been a stupid move. Contrary to some people's belief I am not in a position to know what the scum have done and why they've done it. Believe what you want.
More wifom! ):

[/quote="cicero"]- I "make it sound?" Clearly evidence may exist as to Gorgon's partner. You yourself have pushed such a theory by pointing out how Gorgon was sending advice to the Hackerhuck spot. I just havent found anything worth sharing with the class. Want to vote me for that, be my guest.[/quote]
I was referring to how said that you haven't found
it
. Usually someone would say they haven't found anything, unless they know what they are looking for, in which they would refer to the item they are looking for as, it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”