Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 148, alban wrote:Why not?
Please stop using all caps. Reads as if you are screaming.
that's the point. There is literally no reason someone would go out of their way to do that.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:45 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Why not? Alban strikes me as a polite and considerate person to newbies.

Also I think he's way smarter than to scumslip about an avatar in the village thread when he could just have said that in their scum topic.

I still want to know why Klingon thought alban and Spade were scum together but didn't even list Spade as an FoS. I have a feeling I'll be saying Qapla' to somebody soon.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 149, MiniDeathStar wrote: I am pretty sure Gamma thought alban had scumslipped and decided it was a much stronger scumtell than whatever he had on you.
He even said he "hadn't forgotten about you". I don't understand how that makes his read on you
Fake
, bolded and capitalised.
I read "Hadn't forgotten about you Charizzard" as a joke, and not as serious as you make it out to be. What's the real truth is unknown because nothing stops him from saying either of "It was serious/a joke"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 151, MiniDeathStar wrote:Why not? Alban strikes me as a polite and considerate person to newbies.

Also I think he's way smarter than to scumslip about an avatar in the village thread when he could just have said that in their scum topic.

I still want to know why Klingon thought alban and Spade were scum together but didn't even list Spade as an FoS. I have a feeling I'll be saying Qapla' to somebody soon.
I don't think the scum team has daytalk.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:57 am

Post by alban »

I like to be informed with whom I am playing, their meta, activity levels and newbie statuses. Preps me for what to expect. I thought everyone does it.
Specifically about Spade, I found that it's been only a week since he has joined. Someone helped me in my first game by asking me to get an avatar. I extended that help to him.
Good night.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:59 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 154, alban wrote:I like to be informed with whom I am playing, their meta, activity levels and newbie statuses.
Alban, this is on the boundary of weird and creepy.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 154, alban wrote:I like to be informed with whom I am playing, their meta, activity levels and newbie statuses. Preps me for what to expect. I thought everyone does it.
Specifically about Spade, I found that it's been only a week since he has joined. Someone helped me in my first game by asking me to get an avatar. I extended that help to him.
Good night.
Not helping yourself at all: that was my first thought, then I realized "town wouldn't care that much: scum would like to understand their buddies and enemies."
Also it's the first thing I thought of so no novelty points for you.
<Embrace The Void>

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 153, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 151, MiniDeathStar wrote:Why not? Alban strikes me as a polite and considerate person to newbies.

Doesn't matter. Usually they get a few hours in the PT to say hi.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 157, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 153, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Doesn't matter. Usually they get a few hours in the PT to say hi.
They get whatever time they have before enough confirm to start the game.
<Embrace The Void>

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

I asked if Spade had a post deleted, which would have explained the missing avatar. I was waiting for a response.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 155, Charloux wrote:
In post 154, alban wrote:I like to be informed with whom I am playing, their meta, activity levels and newbie statuses.
Alban, this is on the boundary of weird and creepy.
If I don't know a player I'll go through their profile ISO to pick up clues on their playstyle as different alignments.

I will not, however take time to note whether or not they have an avi.
-
MiniDeathStar
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

VC 1.2

lane0168 - Fountain of Dreams
Klingoncelt – L-7
Tiger Moth - L-7
Gamma Emerald - L-6 - Alban
Fountain of Dreams - Lane0168, Secret Agent Jin
alban - Gamma Emerald
Charloux - L-7
Kop - L-7
MiniDeathStar - L-5 - Tiger Moth,
Creature - L-7
Secret Agent Jin - L-7
bangthemafia - L-7
Spade_Ace - L-7

(expired on 2016-11-20 12:10:00)
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hey alban, I see you're still voting me!
Explain.
<Embrace The Void>

Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by Spade_Ace »

Wow. So much activity on my name, without me having even posted a single message. By the way, this is my first game in this forum. Have played offline games as well as on an some Whatsapp forums. Disclaimer: I know alban and bangthemafia from outside this forum. They know my style of play very well. Alban probably was just helping me get adjusted by pointing out about the profile pic. Maybe, the reason he didnt mention about us knowing each other, was that he thought i would have preferred otherwise. I dont think that makes a difference and it still doesn't aquit him as a scum in my mind.
@alban its amazing how you always manage to throw suspicion on me. Though, in ur defence u were probably trying to help me here.
Fountain of Dreams
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by Fountain of Dreams »

Any reads, Spade_Ace?

I didn't think alban noticing you didn't have an avatar was a scumslip, btw.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by alban »

This is for everyone who feels checking other players' profiles is suspicious:
That is how I normally play. I like to profile and then see if the player is fitting it. It's less about the game, more like a human study. To see if people behave like you assumed they would.
Sorry to disappoint you. But I am not you, so you can't really expect me to behave like you. These personalised posts like 'if I were a scum, I wouldn't have done this...' or 'as a town, I do this...'...like don't hold much promise.
I can understand if you are confused due to this and find me suspicious. There are players in this game who have played with me when I was a town as well as when I was a mafia. They can elaborate on my playing style.

P-edit: @Spade: They are not even suspecting you. So, chill. And I wasn't 'probably' trying to help you. I was indeed helping you. I expect you to be a bit more gracious about it though.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:08 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Now that I have had time to actually read stuff and focus on the game, I'll give some preliminary reads.

I think alban is town. This looks like his townplay. Also I kind of agree with what he's saying. The profile picture thingy is just a silly accusation to make.

I don't know about Fountain. Hard to meta that
thing
(sorry, hydras creep me out), but the Transcend head is playing noticeably different than I remember. (Thank god for that, lol!) Tbh I like this new Transcend a looot better as a person. ;) But the whole package known as Fountain is null right now.

Gamma seems town but I'll need to see more.

Klingon, idk. Something's off about that lady. Her reads look very forced.

Charloux could go either way. A lot of people think his interrogation of me was well-founded, and I could maybe get behind that if I also thought the me was concerned about Gamma on page 1. But the thing is, mafia!Charlie could just have seen an opportunity to scumread me and seized it, then dropped it when it stalled. Sure, it's a bit of a stretch but it still makes me reluctant to pay him some TownCred coins just yet. Call me paranoid. Also I didn't like his "FoS switch" accusation on Gamma.

Question for
@Tiger moth
- have you played any games on mafiascum or other forums before?

I don't think I have anything to say about the rest right now.

Finally there's this fellow:
In post 131, lane0168 wrote:Really, I wasn't actually trying to find scum.
If you weren't trying to find scum, what exactly were you trying to do? Psychoanalyse me? What was that whole bad cop act about?
lane0168 also wrote:And yet you say I pointed out several scummy things from others. This is a huge contradiction.
That contradiction is coming from you. Fountain thought you were scumhunting, *you* are saying you weren't. So again, what were you doing?

VOTE: lane0168

My turn to be the bad cop. Gamma can tell you all about it. ;)
Fountain of Dreams
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:39 pm

Other head thinks Lane might be town, but I disagree a little bit.

He's posted in our hydra PT but not in this thread.

I'm sure he will eventually.

For now, I want my vote on him.

Kling is probably just really bad town again.
Fountain of Dreams
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:40 pm

But I refuse to townread Kling, ever.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:09 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Oh wait. I kind of missed the context in lane's post. The contradiction actually referred to the thing he was quoting from Fountain. Never mind that part then.

UNVOTE: lane0168

I would still like to know what the interrogation was about though, if it wasn't scumhunting.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:20 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 131, lane0168 wrote:
In post 111, Fountain of Dreams wrote:Because it looks like you were reaching and not attempting to actually find scum. Lack of vote doesn't help you either when you pointed out several scummy things from others.
Really, I wasn't actually trying to find scum. And yet you say I pointed out several scummy things from others. This is a huge contradiction. I don't have to vote for shit if I don't want to. I'll vote when I'm ready. I'm ready now. Tell me why the lack of vote is scummy too. Why do scum point out scummy things and not vote?

VOTE: fountain
I was scum hunting. I was responding to fountain. You would've understood it maybe if I had an eyeroll at the end of it.

Maybe if you use the whole quote it will be easier mini. Fountain said I wasn't attempting to actually find scum. Then in the same breath says I pointed out several scummy things. That's the contradiction
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:29 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Yeah, I got that. It totally makes sense now. Sorry.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:03 am

Post by lane0168 »

No biggie, it's hard to catch tone in text sometimes
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:03 am

Post by lane0168 »

So was I not scum hunting? Or pointing out several scummy things? What do you think of fountain contradicting himself?
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:24 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Well, you certainly had the whole 'interrogation-room, faulty-light-fixtures, fist-slamming, barking-questions' crime procedural drama going on. Did you manage to get a read on me amidst all that? I can't really say for sure if you were scumhunting or not, everyone scumhunts in her own way, what matters is whether it works or not. Fountain thinks you were reaching (like, fake scumhunting). I was your suspect so I'm obviously biased. I personally think the whole idea that I was concerned about Gamma was ridiculous to begin with, but it seems like a few people disagree with me. That's why I'm giving you (and Tiger moth and alban and Charloux) the benefit of the doubt. But you are the one who questioned me so it's up to you to say whether you liked my reactions or not and whether you think I'm scum.

Return to “Completed Open Games”