bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:42 am

Post by bangthemafia »

Hi guys! Sorry for joining in late!! Had a deadline to follow.

Well, this is my first game on mafiascum though I have played the game on whatsapp and also face-to-face.

Will need some time to catch up reading all posts.
Fountain of Dreams
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:25 am

Post by Fountain of Dreams »

In post 138, Klingoncelt wrote:MiniDeathStar's play is too Team Leader. The way she was sheeped is too. By you and Fountain.
In post 138, Klingoncelt wrote:Fountain throws Spade's name in for a split second, then sheeps Mini. I'll have to look through the Role Madness to see why Transcend hates me so much... found it - it's because I know how to play Wake non-bastard games. Someone got mad because as a Mason I called out the bad "Backup IC" claim. So his rage at me isn't exactly warranted.
Why are these scummy to you?
In post 174, MiniDeathStar wrote:I personally think the whole idea that I was concerned about Gamma was ridiculous to begin with, but it seems like a few people disagree with me.
What would you define concern as?
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:36 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

In post 176, Fountain of Dreams wrote:What would you define concern as?
Worry / anxiousness about something?
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Kop »

Page one

Spoiler:
3 votes pretty much straight away. Not a great deal to comment on those 3 votes since it's RVS, but it's worth something noting down for future use because even though it's RVS, sometimes scum find good enough reasons to have a slight distance of team mates by voting in such ways, as it's easy to do. And scum tend to try forge partnerships with town, possible creating pockets for town to slide into. Look at the whole partnership that has come from the whole RVS, creating misunderstandings, then boiled from there, to now on page four possible buddying from FOD and MDS. Not a good scum tell I know or may not even make sense in the manner I'm explaining it, but It's something I'm going to keep a good eye on, I think town reads early game are thrown around far too easily, and it can be easy for scum to forge that since they know who town are. So for the first few pages, FoS on MDS and Fountain of dreams.

Fountain, I may have missed the post of you explaining your vote on spade then a full U turn to go back onto Gamma, what was that all about?

Page two

Spoiler:
FOD, what makes you think Charloux is town? What gives you that impression that he is town from the misunderstanding posts he made early on? How would you class a tunnel town motivated?

I disagree with your creature point of him being too careful. During RVS posts and votes come in fairly quick if everyone is on, and putting a wagon at L-1 when random votes are flying all over, it's easy for someone to jump in put a vote on someone (who may have gone onto L-1 as he is typing that vote out, and he could easily hammer if he fails to read the preview box. I don't see any scum motivation in that for you to vote for him, based on that.

FOD, in post 28 you were unsure of MDS and needed to investigate more. You didn't investigate up until you voted for him in post #42, after the little back and forth with Creature who you were voting for him, what made you turn around?

Lane, regardless if those 2 quotes show concern or not, she wanted to find out what reasons/motivations for them voting after her, yeah it's RVS, but there has to be a reason and whether it's RVS/serious/previous encounters etc. She will only find that by asking questions, I couldn't care less if it shows concern or not. Or am I reading it all wrong. If so, I apoligise.

Page three

Didn't see much worth commenting on.

Page four

Spoiler:
Nothing catching either, apart from that buddying as stated earlier. That makes me nervous.

Page five

Spoiler:
#116 RVS is a good tool to use, in my honest opinion. It sometimes can be used a indicator to things, get to know how people handle things etc etc, I've seen scum try set the tone early on the game and try maintain the same mentality than joining into it. Setting the tone, creating patterns, making pockets, creating avenues and just allowing the town to be sucked in, is something scum would like to do, rather than joining on town, makes more suspicion jumping on. . (However that is obviously dependant on how experienced that scum team are.) It can't all be used as 100% concrete facts.

Page six

Spoiler:
#131 for some strange little reason, I see town frustration. Mainly gut feeling.

#141 charloux, how going from one scum read to another thing being brought up, how does that make it fake? It could be possibly he sees something bigger than you right now (albeit brought up by kingoncelt), doesn't make his read on you, fake.

"Btw i'm 90% certain that this is Lane's town game. He seems to like being unpleasant as town when pushing hard. Or am i wrong?"

Your 90 % sure, but what is with the question on the end? What answer you aiming for here?

That's where am pretty much up too, the last two pages will have to come tomorrow.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:24 am

Post by Kop »

In post 178, Kop wrote:
Page one

Spoiler:
3 votes pretty much straight away. Not a great deal to comment on those 3 votes since it's RVS, but it's worth something noting down for future use because even though it's RVS, sometimes scum find good enough reasons to have a slight distance of team mates by voting in such ways, as it's easy to do. And scum tend to try forge partnerships with town, possible creating pockets for town to slide into. Look at the whole partnership that has come from the whole RVS, creating misunderstandings, then boiled from there, to now on page four possible buddying from FOD and MDS. Not a good scum tell I know or may not even make sense in the manner I'm explaining it, but It's something I'm going to keep a good eye on, I think town reads early game are thrown around far too easily, and it can be easy for scum to forge that since they know who town are. So for the first few pages, FoS on MDS and Fountain of dreams.

Fountain, I may have missed the post of you explaining your vote on spade then a full U turn to go back onto Gamma, what was that all about?

Page two

Spoiler:
FOD, what makes you think Charloux is town? What gives you that impression that he is town from the misunderstanding posts he made early on? How would you class a tunnel town motivated?

I disagree with your creature point of him being too careful. During RVS posts and votes come in fairly quick if everyone is on, and putting a wagon at L-1 when random votes are flying all over, it's easy for someone to jump in put a vote on someone (who may have gone onto L-1 as he is typing that vote out, and he could easily hammer if he fails to read the preview box. I don't see any scum motivation in that for you to vote for him, based on that.

FOD, in post 28 you were unsure of MDS and needed to investigate more. You didn't investigate up until you voted for him in post #42, after the little back and forth with Creature who you were voting for him, what made you turn around?

Lane, regardless if those 2 quotes show concern or not, she wanted to find out what reasons/motivations for them voting after her, yeah it's RVS, but there has to be a reason and whether it's RVS/serious/previous encounters etc. She will only find that by asking questions, I couldn't care less if it shows concern or not. Or am I reading it all wrong. If so, I apoligise.

Page three

Spoiler:
Didn't see much worth commenting on.

Page four

Spoiler:
Nothing catching either, apart from that buddying as stated earlier in page one. That makes me nervous.

Page five

Spoiler:
MDS Post #116 RVS is a good tool to use, in my honest opinion. It sometimes can be used a indicator to things, get to know how people handle things etc etc, I've seen scum try set the tone early on the game and try maintain the same mentality than joining into it. Setting the tone, creating patterns, making pockets, creating avenues and just allowing the town to be sucked in, is something scum would like to do, rather than joining on town, makes more suspicion jumping on. . (However that is obviously dependant on how experienced that scum team are.) It can't all be used as 100% concrete facts.

Page six

Spoiler:
Lane post #131 for some strange little reason, I see town frustration. Mainly gut feeling.

Charloux post #141, how going from one scum read to another thing being brought up, how does that make it fake? It could be possibly he sees something bigger than you right now (albeit brought up by kingoncelt), doesn't make his read on you, fake.

"Btw i'm 90% certain that this is Lane's town game. He seems to like being unpleasant as town when pushing hard. Or am i wrong?"

Your 90 % sure, but what is with the question on the end? What answer you aiming for here?

That's where am pretty much up too, the last two pages will have to come tomorrow.
Fixed it up.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:28 am

Post by bangthemafia »

Caught up finally!

The whole Charl - Mini interaction was interesting. When it was happening, it initially looked like townies nudging for scumtells, then I thought atleast 1 of them is a scum but as it went on for a bit too long- I started to get a feeling that both are townies. No reason why a scum would pick fight so early and come in limelight unless they are too experts. But then again, it was Charl who started and not Mini. So can see a scum-Mini getting defensive. But I am townreading both as of now. I also liked Mini's reads in general and her proactive scumhunting.

@Lane- His interrogation of Mini also looked legitimate. Mild town vibes.
@Mini- can you elaborate your Lane vote. I didnt understand the reason.

@Alban- I dont think a scum will make such a silly scumslip as to ask the partner to put an avatar. So Alban, Tiger Moth, SAJ, Spade- null reads as of now. Kop hasnt posted a single post.

@FoD has a weird playstyle. Dont know whether that happens to Hydras due to 2 heads! His too early clearance to some people, frequent vote shifting, in #92 his open buddying with Mini against Lane, earlier RVSing people to L-3 etc all is too text book scummy to be true. Paradox, but that makes me slot him as a reckless townie rather than a scum. But I have to watch him closely.

FoS-
@Kling- Mildly scummy to me for basically suspecting people and for reasons that are either trivial (Alban for that avatar thing) or not agreeable to me (Mini) or too obviously scummy to be true (FoD). But he could be a paranoid townie as well.

@Gamma- You are actually voting someone for asking someone to get an avatar? Are you serious?? Also, what scumslip you see in your #101? Please elaborate.

@Creature- Not much content, posted just one liners (#19,20 etc), instead arguing about trivial things like why you lied (#22). His "not wanting to bring RVS wagon to L-1" also sounded weird & suspicious.

Need to observe more from many others.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Back
Spade gave pretty good reasoning for what happened and I don't scumread alban for it anymore
VOTE: Charloux
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Fountain of Dreams
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:03 am

^ Your vote is still bad ^

UNVOTE:

Pretty sure I just misinterpreted lane's efforts in this game.

Bang's catch-up was bad.

Kop's catch-up was bad.

Which one do I vote hmmmmm....

VOTE: bangthemafia
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 165, alban wrote:This is for everyone who feels checking other players' profiles is suspicious:
That is how I normally play. I like to profile and then see if the player is fitting it. It's less about the game, more like a human study. To see if people behave like you assumed they would.
Sorry to disappoint you. But I am not you, so you can't really expect me to behave like you. These personalised posts like 'if I were a scum, I wouldn't have done this...' or 'as a town, I do this...'...like don't hold much promise.
I can understand if you are confused due to this and find me suspicious. There are players in this game who have played with me when I was a town as well as when I was a mafia. They can elaborate on my playing style.

P-edit: @Spade: They are not even suspecting you. So, chill. And I wasn't 'probably' trying to help you. I was indeed helping you. I expect you to be a bit more gracious about it though.
I do the same thing - when I have the time.

I'm lucky if I'm able to search through 3 ISOs during a Day phase. It takes time.
In post 163, Spade_Ace wrote:...By the way, this is my first game in this forum. Have played offline games as well as on an some Whatsapp forums.
Disclaimer: I know alban and bangthemafia from outside this forum. They know my style of play very well.
Alban probably was just helping me get adjusted by pointing out about the profile pic. Maybe, the reason he didnt mention about us knowing each other, was that he thought i would have preferred otherwise. I dont think that makes a difference and it still doesn't aquit him as a scum in my mind.
@alban its amazing how you always manage to throw suspicion on me. Though, in ur defence u were probably trying to help me here.
Alban
, if you're very familiar with Spade's play then you had no reason to ISO him here. My original scumread stands. You two share the Scum PT.

VOTE: Alban
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Creature »

Hey, I need to give this game some attention, but idk what attention to give.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Creature »

May the future work this for me.
Sigh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm with FoD on bang, his thought process looks weird
VOTE: bangthemafia
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 166, MiniDeathStar wrote:
Klingon, idk. Something's off about that lady. Her reads look very forced.
In recent games I was in the fake/forced thing came from one of my correct Scumreads.

So. The Scumteam is:
Alban
MiniDeathStar
Spade_Ace
Fountain of Dreams
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Creature »

Error: Too many scum
Sigh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 188, Creature wrote:Error: Too many scum
Why do need to bring that up?
<Embrace The Void>

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 168, Fountain of Dreams wrote:But I refuse to townread Kling, ever.
After SaGa and Bloodborne no one should. I'm very proud of those games.
-
MiniDeathStar
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Creature »

Because there can't have more than 3 mafia.
Sigh
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 175, bangthemafia wrote:Hi guys! Sorry for joining in late!! Had a deadline to follow.

Well, this is my first game on mafiascum though I have played the game on whatsapp and also face-to-face.

Will need some time to catch up reading all posts.
It's only 8 pages... shouldn't take long at all.
-
MiniDeathStar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 191, Creature wrote:Because there can't have more than 3 mafia.
Everyone knows that though.
<Embrace The Void>

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 176, Fountain of Dreams wrote:
In post 138, Klingoncelt wrote:MiniDeathStar's play is too Team Leader. The way she was sheeped is too. By you and Fountain.
In post 138, Klingoncelt wrote:Fountain throws Spade's name in for a split second, then sheeps Mini. I'll have to look through the Role Madness to see why Transcend hates me so much... found it - it's because I know how to play Wake non-bastard games. Someone got mad because as a Mason I called out the bad "Backup IC" claim. So his rage at me isn't exactly warranted.
Why are these scummy to you?

Because reasons.

I can't say too much at this point in time, but what I saw is becoming site meta.
-
MiniDeathStar
Fountain of Dreams
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:36 am

In post 183, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 165, alban wrote:This is for everyone who feels checking other players' profiles is suspicious:
That is how I normally play. I like to profile and then see if the player is fitting it. It's less about the game, more like a human study. To see if people behave like you assumed they would.
Sorry to disappoint you. But I am not you, so you can't really expect me to behave like you. These personalised posts like 'if I were a scum, I wouldn't have done this...' or 'as a town, I do this...'...like don't hold much promise.
I can understand if you are confused due to this and find me suspicious. There are players in this game who have played with me when I was a town as well as when I was a mafia. They can elaborate on my playing style.

P-edit: @Spade: They are not even suspecting you. So, chill. And I wasn't 'probably' trying to help you. I was indeed helping you. I expect you to be a bit more gracious about it though.
I do the same thing - when I have the time.

I'm lucky if I'm able to search through 3 ISOs during a Day phase. It takes time.
In post 163, Spade_Ace wrote:...By the way, this is my first game in this forum. Have played offline games as well as on an some Whatsapp forums.
Disclaimer: I know alban and bangthemafia from outside this forum. They know my style of play very well.
Alban probably was just helping me get adjusted by pointing out about the profile pic. Maybe, the reason he didnt mention about us knowing each other, was that he thought i would have preferred otherwise. I dont think that makes a difference and it still doesn't aquit him as a scum in my mind.
@alban its amazing how you always manage to throw suspicion on me. Though, in ur defence u were probably trying to help me here.
Alban
, if you're very familiar with Spade's play then you had no reason to ISO him here. My original scumread stands. You two share the Scum PT.

VOTE: Alban
Well what a bad vote
Fountain of Dreams
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Fountain of Dreams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:37 am

u r one of my favorites

i hope u kno that
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 141, Charloux wrote: Btw i'm 90% certain that this is Lane's town game. He seems to like being unpleasant as town when pushing hard. Or am i wrong?
@Kop: This means that i'm seeking confirmation from somebody who played with him, so my meta-read is seconded. Makes sense?
And for the Gamma thing, he annoyed me so i acted out of impulse.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:42 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

13 players, 4 Scum, how is that too - oh, hell, I forgot this is a JK9++. :oops:

Sorry.

Okay, the Mafia are 3 of those 4.

If there's a Serial Killer he/she might be outside that group.
-
MiniDeathStar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 198, Klingoncelt wrote:
13 players, 4 Scum, how is that too - oh, hell, I forgot this is a JK9++. :oops:

Sorry.

Okay, the Mafia are 3 of those 4.

If there's a Serial Killer he/she might be outside that group.
LOL
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Open Games”