Micro 657: Vanillite Mafia (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

I said that your 206 was bad while pointing out its flaws, and postie agreed with me that it felt very forced. That's calling you out.

You said your though process was very similiar. That's very different compared to "I can clearly understand what her though process is"

Postie explicitly mentioned posts where she explained how my thought process is town, so saying there aren't any is willful ignorance
Is there any reason for me to want you and DH dead, and shannon/aero alive?
Really now
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:09 am

Post by shannon »

In post 243, Wyvernite wrote:allright so I had to stay late at work so I apologize for not getting to analyze as much of the thread today as I wanted to, but I'll throw in a really quick and dirty rundown of reads thus far

I'll start with my town of
AERO - The amount of detail that he's gone into all of his posts seems very indicative of town, and I don't see him being mafia at all, especially with the posts he constantly references to support his reads/questions
Shannon - I currently believe that Shannon and I's thought processes are very similar, and being able to step into her shoes and see the game through her eyes makes me very happy in my read with her currently.

Null - Algebra/TB - I feel like these two will be key to winning, but with the amount of single\double lined posts that are only to be found here and there I can't confidently read them.

Scum
Postie - The amount of questions that are asked here, seem to be keeping everyone busy, and when prompted about her own reads we get that: it'll either "come later" , "it feels/sounds towny/genuine" in these posts there is also the notion that aggressive = good which I don't find to be true at all. There are also really no thoughts of her own regarding her own reads. All of the pressure I see on aero, he responds well to imo, and gives no real substance back. Everyone seems to be townreading her for asking questions and sorting aero, but I honestly don't see it.
Dark Horse - I like a lot of points that aero brings up here (see: ) Which I haven't liked any of his defense of. I think Postie's townreads are just an attempt to relieve pressure from her partner, which makes them both look worse in my eyes. I also believe that postie seems to be chainsawing for dark in response to aero's pressure
In post 246, Dark Horse wrote:Scumreading the two people who call you out? Boooooo

Since you said it was a quick lowdown, I won't grill you on your lack of detail until you make a post that actually explains stuff like why Aeronaut's detail stands out, and why you don't like my defense at all.

There's several other wack parts about your posts, though.

If you and shannon have similar thought processes, why are your reads so different? Both of your scumreads are people that shannon thinks are town.

Postie's defense on me is far more then "it seems town." She's been cery clear with how she thinks I've been showing a logical thought process, which your strong townread Aero has said is very town indicative.

I hate the fact that you say you "pretty much agree" with what aero's saying about me. You sound like scum trying to piggy back off of a townie's read.

You better have some good content when you have time to provide more, because postwise you're 0/2
Grrr I tried to post like three times earlier today, and kept getting the 'page cannot be found' thing which made me think that the server had gone down again. Now I can't remember what I was going to say. NVM.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:12 am

Post by shannon »

Ugh, why did the quick reply just insert the quotes I was going to respond to in my next post?!

Anyway --

@Wyvernite: You complained about the one and two lined posts, and about the walls. You can't have it both ways.

If you think I'm town because you can see how I got to my conclusions, then try to convince me I'm wrong. I'm willing to listen to reason.

I feel like there's scum trying to create artificial factions between me/aero and DH/Postie. It's not an either/or situation, folks.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:12 am

Post by shannon »

In post 237, algebra wrote:I'm liking the spurt of activity
My top town read is dark horse
Top scum is thinkbig
Algebra could you please expand on these thoughts? Do you have any other scum/town reads, and what are your reasons for the reads you've just given?
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:16 am

Post by shannon »

@Postie could you please do me a wee favour and pop up a reads list? I'm trying to discern them from your posts but I keep getting confused with all the references to 'he' and 'she' without having names on them.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Dark Horse »

In post 252, shannon wrote: I feel like there's scum trying to create artificial factions between me/aero and DH/Postie. It's not an either/or situation, folks.
Yeah, it feels like wyvernite saw two groups of townies arguing with each other, and is trying to align himself with the townies that haven't criticized him yet
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

back. reading the page I missed
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Sorry about this wall; it's a catchup one though.
In post 226, Postie wrote:Aero, it's completely natural for a towny to be suspicious of someone's motives for making a push on them. You know you're town, and especially when you're new you tend to be arrogant and assume everyone else should know it too, so you end up being intensely suspicious of anyone who questions that fact because
why are they trying to lynch a towny dammit
. This is what I'm seeing with DH, and the way he's going about it feels incredibly genuine because of the fact I can see several layers of thought and paranoia; I don't see why it matters if that's within a short span of time or not. I don't see him being able to fake this whole thing as scum.

I'll respond to the rest of this stuff in the morning.
So I read this and this is the first time you've made much sense to me this game, Postie.

I think my issue this game is that I've continued focusing on the few things that Dark Horse did in the first few pages, which I will stand by as looking really awful to me. From my perspective, its him pushing a new player to look busy, and overreacting to my critique of that. In addition, Shannon looked town to me right off the bat, and someone pushing her in that way made me assume he'd be scum.

What I've failed to do though is to analyze anything that came after, e.g. his defense of himself and his attack on me. I think some of his more recent posting is a lot better the more I look at it, in that the play style is changed from trying to look aggressive, more to actually looking at details / pushing with some sort of substance, e.g. actually trying to figure me out. I think I probably need to table my read on him now, because I'm still unsure. It also would be easier with more flip info, so tabled for now.
In post 206, Wyvernite wrote:okay so wow reading all of this is painful, everything is just one or two lines. I really don't like that 90% of dissucssion between pages 6-9 are just postie/aero talking back and forth. I'm not entirely sure what to think about this interaction though. There's been quite a dominant force of aero/postie deciding where the game goes and I don't really like that at all. I haven't really seen any posts silencing anyone though, so I guess that's more on everyone else not posting.

I would like to hear more from algebra, as I feel his alignment will come rather naturally to everyone if he just posts more content. I'll do a read over again tomorrow when I get the chance, it's hard to process everything when it's as quick as lackluster as I feel it currently is. I'd like to see more content from EVERYONE, no one is really explaining reads to the full effect that I'd like. Or really sharing hard reads at all. I get that it's early into the game, but you have to start somewhere.

@postie With all the attention you've been giving to aero, do you still find TB to be your topscum?
@TB and algebra I'd really like to see both of your top town/scum reads in the game currently.
Besides the questions at the bottom, this opening post is a whole lot of nothing.
In post 228, shannon wrote:
In post 226, Postie wrote:Aero, it's completely natural for a towny to be suspicious of someone's motives for making a push on them. You know you're town, and especially when you're new you tend to be arrogant and assume everyone else should know it too, so you end up being intensely suspicious of anyone who questions that fact because
why are they trying to lynch a towny dammit
. This is what I'm seeing with DH, and the way he's going about it feels incredibly genuine because of the fact I can see several layers of thought and paranoia; I don't see why it matters if that's within a short span of time or not. I don't see him being able to fake this whole thing as scum.

I'll respond to the rest of this stuff in the morning.
I will go further and say that not only does it seem genuine on DH's part, it'd be bad strategy if he's scum.

A cursory glance of my first five or ten posts in any game will show exactly the same behaviour he thinks he picked up here, i.e. I'm a bit weird and I don't know how to person in mafia yet. (Probably posts like this are not personing but let's just go with it). Not to mention, a quick look at my wiki would show that I've never been lynched. Unless the scum team are silly, or not doing any research, they'd have to know that I'm not a good target for a D1 quick wagon.

So - I think DH is town, and he is/was genuine in his assessment of me. The worrying thing to me was always that he is appearing to line up lynches based on my flip, and I'm a tad worried that he seems to be following the wagons. But! And this is the thing for me, if he is super new then he might not know that's a bad thing to do. I have certainly played town games where I have tried to look townier by following the leader, only to be scum read for perceived lack of reasoning behind my moves.

I'm pretty happy at this point with town reads on DH, Postie, and Aero, who I think is genuine in his town read on me. There'd be nothing to stop him backing off or just 'null' reading me, so the fact that he's even bothered to argue for me says 'town' at this point.
So, you have many town reads. Do you think anyone is scum?

Curious about your feelings on Wyv's opening, also.
So you do not have a case. You understand that you're not helping anybody to understand why we should vote with you if you're not going to provide reasoning, right?

Right now trying to convince people that shannon's scum is not a priority for me
That's fair.
Please show me some posts by Flames, Thinkbig, Algebra, you, or myself that are less lazy/genuine, because I don't see any.
Thinkbig's questions, Algebra's reads, this whole argument we're having. All of these do significantly more to progress the day than just complaining about inactivity.
I meant beforehand. Like when Shannon was making her posts, do you see anything that was any better?

Basically what I'm saying is that we were all being shitty and inactive at the beginning of the game and scum shannon could have just rode that.
What would you say Shannon's alignment is now?
She's been less scummy. I feel like a noobscum could have easily followed you in accusing me. The fact that she's willing to look at it from her own angle is very town.
Yeah. That's how I felt about it, too.
In post 219, Aeronaut wrote: Postie just did a similar thing for about two pages on me, but I don't see you calling her out for it?
Postie has made much more of an effort to get her hands dirty than you had. She has also explained why she thinks I'm town, which is something you hadn't done. Do know how wack it is to see someone try to discredit approach without giving any in depth reasons for why he thinks my scumread's town?
Ok, now imagine the way you feel about me allegedly discrediting you, and reverse the situation. That's how I feel about that early posting.
In post 223, Aeronaut wrote: What? In the span of four posts he discredits me, calls me scum, and basically says I'm shit player. You just described to me exactly my own reasoning for why he's scum. It's not a "gradient" if it's in the span of like 20 minutes
You're acting like I made those four posts in a row. They were all based on different lackluster responses that you had made over time. The 20 minutes remark is completely false. Anyone who has looked at that part of the thread knows this. Why are you making stuff up?
I don't recall saying them in a row. You just got angry when I pushed you, which generally is a scum tell so early on.
In post 234, ThinkBig wrote:
V/LA UNTIL MONDAY AROUND 3:30 PM EST

I will still be reading and will try to post during this time, but I will have limited access until then.
Wow gr8
In post 236, Postie wrote:For the record, I think Wyvernite's entrance sounded forced as hell too, but I find that a lot of newbies have a tendency to sound a bit forced so I'm hesitant to call him scum for it. I'm scumreading the slot by PoE though.

@shannon
- Why are you townreading Aero?

Idk. My gut says Aero's town but the last time I gut townread Aero he was scum so... someone help.
What game are you referring to?

Wyr's post to me reads as adding a bunch of non-AI stuff into a catchup (such as "silencing") to try to look like he's analyzing more than he is. I haven't read the rest of his posts yet, though
I'll get round to doing a case for town!algebra and responding to other stuff once my headache has died down a bit.
I would love to see this.
In post 240, Dark Horse wrote:Aeronaut what ever happened to your algebra push?
Postie seems very sure that Algebra is town and I want to hear that reasoning first.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

more coming, taking out laundry
2023 W/L | 1-0
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by shannon »

@Aeronaut -

Townier - DH, Postie, Aero

Scummier - TB, Algebra, Wyvern ... I would be happy to lynch anywhere in here today.

Actually I'm not voting yet, so VOTE: Wyvern
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by algebra »

Shannon is townlean because we share reads
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

Yeah aeronaut I feel like our argument has pretty much run its course. Especially now that shannon seems less and less likely to be scum with wyvern on the scene
I meant beforehand. Like when Shannon was making her posts, do you see anything that was any better?
There were people like thinkbig asking questions, but w/e.
Ok, now imagine the way you feel about me allegedly discrediting you, and reverse the situation. That's how I feel about that early posting.
Yeah I guess I can see where that confusion came from
I don't recall saying them in a row. You just got angry when I pushed you, which generally is a scum tell so early on.
I interpreted your post as thinking that my thought process change was very quick, when in reality it wasn't
Postie seems very sure that Algebra is town and I want to hear that reasoning first.
Fair enough
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 243, Wyvernite wrote:allright so I had to stay late at work so I apologize for not getting to analyze as much of the thread today as I wanted to, but I'll throw in a really quick and dirty rundown of reads thus far

AERO - The amount of detail that he's gone into all of his posts seems very indicative of town, and I don't see him being mafia at all, especially with the posts he constantly references to support his reads/questions
So... I'm town because I go into detail? I didn't realize all scum had a post restriction in which they had to be as vague as possible.

And Postie has been here going into what I can only describe as an absurd amount of detail. Why are you town reading me for that but scum reading her for it? I mean, you're town reading me for the wrong reasons here, and it's gross.
In post 247, Wyvernite wrote:You haven't called me out at all, you've asked questions, there's a very large difference between the two, same goes for postie, I see scum I call them as such, there's no OMGUS here. I said that I found it easy to step into her shoes, not that I agreed with her reads. I see how she came to them though; don't go putting words in my mouth tyvm. Postie's defense on you boils down to "it feels town" or "it was ballsy, brazen, and aggressive" because that's the only way she can explain how you've been playing this game, and it shows. I'll provide my own reasons why you're a scummy scum scum in my next few posts, but again as I said I didn't have time to do full reads on everyone, I'm going to showcase aero's accusations which I believe to be a solid basis on why you're scum. so take your bs 0/2 post crap out of here.
I feel like you're literally taking the bare minimum of my original points to Postie and repeating them + focusing on Postie/Me/DH when none of those are really viable lynches right now.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Also the fact that Wyv is literally giving an opinion on every other player that's not the two viable lynches

This is good

VOTE: Wyvernite
2023 W/L | 1-0
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Postie »

Aero stuff I missed:
In post 222, Aeronaut wrote:It's four in the morning and I need to act in two shows tomorrow so I need to pick this up in the morning; Postie, the reason I'm asking you about your algebra reads in certain places is because I'm trying to show you that you're applying a double standard. You can't be asking me about every single thing I've said about Shannon and Dark Horse when you've got so much unexplained stuff on your own. I want to know why you think algebra is town, really. You had said before I think that Algebra reads to you as genuine. I feel like if you're going to ask me how I think Shannon feels genuine, you should have to answer that same thing about your read, especially since I'm scum reading that player and would like to hear why exactly you oppose that lynch
I suppose that's fair; I just thought it would confuse things further to discuss it before we managed to get somewhere with everything else.
In post 224, Aeronaut wrote:I think a big reason we have such opposite reads is because I guess we see things as differently indicative. I don't remember if you're originally from offsite or maybe just have different experiences and play differently, but usually abandoning reads to jump onto a popular wagon is seen as scummy almost all of the time.

I would agree if we were further on in the game, but DH's shannon push seemed more like something designed to get the game moving. See something, attack it, see where things go. That's typically how I play in early-game too.
It doesn't feel unnatural to me to abandon such a push and jump onto something else if you get frustrated with it and/or it doesn't seem to be producing the results you want.
In post 224, Aeronaut wrote:"logical progression" or a clear thought process and actions is something that's almost always seen as very town-oriented; scum have a lot harder time explaining their reasoning for doing things or sometimes there's not a clear motivation or thought process involved because they're making up justifications as they go along.
I disagree strongly here. It's not hard to fake reasons for your reads or pushes; what's hard to fake is several layers of thoughts, and thoughts that aren't superficial. I don't care how clear or logical someone's thoughts are, I care about how much it looks like they're genuinely scumhunting rather than just pretending to.
It's true that being clear and logical are generally seen as towny, but I don't agree that's correct and I think it's one of the most dangerous assumptions you can make in Mafia. I've seen plenty of players who were perfectly clear and logical as scum.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Postie »

Now, about algebra...

Firstly, I don't think his jump onto the ThinkBig wagon was opportunistic. His vote wasn't anywhere where it created meaningful pressure at that point, so it made sense to move it somewhere that would.

If you actually read through his ISO, you should also notice that his stances, as limited as they are, remain very consistent and aren't swayed by what everyone else is doing in the thread. And that's my first reason for tentatively townreading him; while everyone else does whatever they're doing, he's just kinda doing his own thing and making his own way from A to B while ignoring them. His thought process is very independant from everyone else's.

I don't think that's enough in itself to warrant anything other than a slight townlean for the moment though, because this isn't something I think is too tricky for scum to keep up this early on in the game given he only has two solid reads.
It's
definitely
something to keep an eye on for later though, because he seems "locked into" the reads he has; he seems to essentially be only telling us about the reads he's somewhat sure about, as evidenced by . If town, I expect him to add more to his pool of "sure" reads as time goes on, and that's a strategy that would fall apart fast if he were scum.
Imagine slowly building up your reads and then - oh no, the gamestate's changed, these reads don't work to your advantage any more! You've got to change them. But given that you've spent the game building them up slowly, how do you do that without it looking utterly fake?
It's not sustainable. You
need
to be flexible as scum, and algebra isn't.

Anyway,
In post 137, ThinkBig wrote:
In post 136, algebra wrote:Thinkbig is a scum trying to get by with surface level thinking
Care to elaborate?
In post 138, algebra wrote:No
This exchange is what cements my townread.
algebra is given a great opportunity to give us a reason to think it would be good for us to keep him alive - bear in mind also that
he is at L-1 here
- and he doesn't take it. What's more, he chooses to respond in an incredibly frustrating and uncooperative way. What motive does he, as scum, have to respond in a way that is more likely to get him lynched when it's perfectly easy for him to throw us a bone?
As town, it's easy to get frustrated and stubborn in such a situation and say "well if town lynch me they lynch me, that's on them, I tried my best."
As scum? Fat chance.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Postie »

I wouldn't hate a Wyv lynch, but I think my preference is still for a ThinkBig lynch right now, just because algebra has been latched onto ThinkBig all game so a scumflip there basically clears him.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

What's the TB case?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by Postie »

PoE.
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by Wyvernite »

In post 263, Aeronaut wrote:Also the fact that Wyv is literally giving an opinion on every other player that's not the two viable lynches

This is good

Yeah i'm sorry that this group has decided to put the 3 people with the least amount of posts on full fuckin blast. I have no reads on TB/Algebra, there's nothing there, not that I can read atleast. I see that you guys are putting up all sorts of reasons why one is town/mafia, I simply have yet to see enough amount of info from either to have reads that mean anything, I can arbitrarily throw scum/town around like everyone else here seems to be doing, but you won't catch me doing it.
In post 262, Aeronaut wrote:

So... I'm town because I go into detail? I didn't realize all scum had a post restriction in which they had to be as vague as possible.

And Postie has been here going into what I can only describe as an absurd amount of detail. Why are you town reading me for that but scum reading her for it? I mean, you're town reading me for the wrong reasons here, and it's gross.
In post 247, Wyvernite wrote:You haven't called me out at all, you've asked questions, there's a very large difference between the two, same goes for postie, I see scum I call them as such, there's no OMGUS here. I said that I found it easy to step into her shoes, not that I agreed with her reads. I see how she came to them though; don't go putting words in my mouth tyvm. Postie's defense on you boils down to "it feels town" or "it was ballsy, brazen, and aggressive" because that's the only way she can explain how you've been playing this game, and it shows. I'll provide my own reasons why you're a scummy scum scum in my next few posts, but again as I said I didn't have time to do full reads on everyone, I'm going to showcase aero's accusations which I believe to be a solid basis on why you're scum. so take your bs 0/2 post crap out of here.
I feel like you're literally taking the bare minimum of my original points to Postie and repeating them + focusing on Postie/Me/DH when none of those are really viable lynches right now.
I didn't know that people had to be lynch targets for me to ask questions and be inquisitive about it? When I was talking about people "silencing" this is exactly what I was talking about, and it coming from one of my top towns is very unsettling to say the least.

I read you town and her scum for the fact that you're the one answering in detail, and she's asking in detail. It is very easy to nitpick someone's argument. Answering said questions in the detail that you did, I would find...Difficult to say the least. I'm sorry i'm not reading you for the reasons you like; I play the game differently than you do, get over yourself.

In regards to taking the bare minimum and focusing on YOU/DH/postie. I'm definitely not focusing on you here at all, atleast in a scum sense I feel like that's what you're trying to insinuate here. Again, to use your argument, I didn't know there was a read restriction, where I can only focus on the people that are currently being wagoned? That seems scummy as all hell, my read on you is quickly flipping.
In post 255, Dark Horse wrote:
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph%20bp?p=8507398#p8507398]post 252[/url], shannon wrote: I feel like there's scum trying to create artificial factions between me/aero and DH/Postie. It's not an either/or situation, folks.
Yeah, it feels like wyvernite saw two groups of townies arguing with each other, and is trying to align himself with the townies that haven't criticized him yet
I would agree with shannon here, as I think pretty much everyone does. DH I can definitely see where you're coming from, and I can't really give you any reasons, as I don't have a post history to back myself up with, but it's happenstance that I find you/postie scum, and you pressuring me. I'm not OMGUSing you, and even if I were, its not a scum read, as postie used in your defense. (note the fact that I'm always talking about postie's defense of you, and never your own bothers me quite a bit, and is a major contributor in why I scumread both of you.)
In post 252, shannon wrote: I feel like there's scum trying to create artificial factions between me/aero and DH/Postie. It's not an either/or situation, folks.
While I agree that the shannon/aero and DH/postie factions definitely seems to be a thing, I think the fact that you brought it up here will definitely put an end to that.
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8507308#p8507308]post 250[/url], Dark Horse wrote:I said that your 206 was bad while pointing out its flaws, and postie agreed with me that it felt very forced. That's calling you out.

You said your though process was very similiar. That's very different compared to "I can clearly understand what her though process is"

Postie explicitly mentioned posts where she explained how my thought process is town, so saying there aren't any is willful ignorance
Is there any reason for me to want you and DH dead, and shannon/aero alive?
Really now
Really.

If I confused you with the wording of my post I apologize, I just find her thought pattern to be very clear, and very easy to "step into" as it were. I believe I mentioned postie explaining your thought process. Again, she's explaining your thought process, not you. I feel like she's the more experienced partner trying to carry you. Even if that isn't true though, I'm not avoiding the fact that she explained your thought process, that's the specific thing I don't like/agree with. She town reads you for the "aggressive/firey" playstyle you've personified thus far, where I scum read you for it, it's that simple.
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by Wyvernite »

In post 266, Postie wrote:I wouldn't hate a Wyv lynch, but I think my preference is still for a ThinkBig lynch right now, just because algebra has been latched onto ThinkBig all game so a scumflip there basically clears him.
I mean as you stated earlier, a scumread, or tunneling is not indicative of alignment.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 270, Wyvernite wrote:I mean as you stated earlier, a scumread, or tunneling is not indicative of alignment.
???

Also, what do you think of my ? You apparently don't have a read on algebra, so this is a good time to talk about why you do or don't buy my reasons for thinking he's town.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

I was going to wait until you went more in depth with your reads, but it doesn't look like I need to wait for that. This is textbook flailing scum
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by Postie »

Wyvernite is at L-1
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:11 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

Postie I think you have a good point with how stubborn algebra was vs thinkbig. However, I feel like there are times where it seems like he has switched his reads (He said that he hated one of creature's posts, but then later said he agreed with shannon that creature was town), and I don't like the fact that he basically admitted to sheeping shannon's reads. I still think he's scum. It doesn't help that he only posts frequently when he's basically on the chopping block

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”