Micro 657: Vanillite Mafia (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 274, Dark Horse wrote:I feel like there are times where it seems like he has switched his reads (He said that he hated one of creature's posts, but then later said he agreed with shannon that creature was town),
I can't find this anywhere in his ISO.
In post 274, Dark Horse wrote:and I don't like the fact that he basically admitted to sheeping shannon's reads.
If you're talking about , I believe he was saying he townread shannon for having similar reads to him (which, btw, is a terrible reason to townread someone), not that he was sheeping her. I don't see why sheeping someone would be scummy anyway though.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

In post 275, Postie wrote:
In post 274, Dark Horse wrote:I feel like there are times where it seems like he has switched his reads (He said that he hated one of creature's posts, but then later said he agreed with shannon that creature was town),
I can't find this anywhere in his ISO.
Shit I meant Aeronaut not creature. I'm talking about this post
In post 191, algebra wrote:
In post 190, Aeronaut wrote:Postie is just trying to sort me, which is fine. I'd rather her realize I'm town at this point so that we could work together, but not much is gonna get done at this rate
I really hate this, looks really fake
In post 274, Dark Horse wrote:and I don't like the fact that he basically admitted to sheeping shannon's reads.
If you're talking about , I believe he was saying he townread shannon for having similar reads to him (which, btw, is a terrible reason to townread someone), not that he was sheeping her. I don't see why sheeping someone would be scummy anyway though.
It feels like he's trying to piggyback off of a townie's reads, especially considering how little reads he's given publicly
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 276, Dark Horse wrote:Shit I meant Aeronaut not creature. I'm talking about this post
In post 191, algebra wrote:
In post 190, Aeronaut wrote:Postie is just trying to sort me, which is fine. I'd rather her realize I'm town at this point so that we could work together, but not much is gonna get done at this rate
I really hate this, looks really fake
Oh, okay. I don't see where he later says he's townreading Aero though?
In post 276, Dark Horse wrote:It feels like he's trying to piggyback off of a townie's reads, especially considering how little reads he's given publicly
I don't know how you're getting that from
In post 260, algebra wrote:Shannon is townlean because we share reads
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

I realize I might've been interpreting algebra's 260 wrong. I was assuming that he meant share reads as in "all of shannon's reads are similar to my reads" instead of "shannon's reads line up with the 2 reads that I have"

Though if he's not calling aeronaut town, I don't like that he basically's said nothing about aeronaut aside from that one post criticizing something aeronaut said
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:03 am

Post by shannon »

In post 266, Postie wrote:I wouldn't hate a Wyv lynch, but I think my preference is still for a ThinkBig lynch right now, just because algebra has been latched onto ThinkBig all game so a scumflip there basically clears him.
In post 278, Dark Horse wrote:I realize I might've been interpreting algebra's 260 wrong. I was assuming that he meant share reads as in "all of shannon's reads are similar to my reads" instead of "shannon's reads line up with the 2 reads that I have"

Though if he's not calling aeronaut town, I don't like that he basically's said nothing about aeronaut aside from that one post criticizing something aeronaut said
Yeah I was confused about that too, because I am scum reading him? So if he agrees with all my reads, he should be scum reading himself?
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:15 am

Post by shannon »

In post 276, Dark Horse wrote:
It feels like he's trying to piggyback off of a townie's reads, especially considering how little reads he's given publicly
@DH - I find it interesting that you're now referring to me as 'a townie'. It doesn't feel genuine.

To recap:

You super scum read me from the start of the game.

Someone calls you out and asks you to provide a case, so that you can convince them that I'm scum too. In you respond by saying "Right now trying to convince people that shannon's scum is not a priority for me"

In the same post, you say I'm less scummy.

And now, in with no further analysis, you refer to me as a 'townie'.

Can you please explain the thought process behind this change of read? Because it's looking pretty convenient to me.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Dark Horse »

Wyvenite scum makes me think the scum team's more of algebra/wyvernite than you. His interactions regarding you feel A LOT like scum trying to buddy a townie. Now there's multiple people who have acted signifigantly scummier than anything you've done, hence why I think it's less likely you're scum.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Dark Horse »

Don't know what you mean by "super scum read"
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:33 am

Post by Wyvernite »

In post 271, Postie wrote:
In post 270, Wyvernite wrote:I mean as you stated earlier, a scumread, or tunneling is not indicative of alignment.
???

Also, what do you think of my ? You apparently don't have a read on algebra, so this is a good time to talk about why you do or don't buy my reasons for thinking he's town.
You said you tunneled the bejeezus out of your partner in a previous game. Bussing is a common tactic, scumreading someone doesn't mean they aren't scum themselves.

I see you pushing your ideas onto two sentences of his. I don't have a read on him, and as I think your scummy I'm not exactly inclined to take your reads with a lot of weight. When he posts more ill keep 265 in mind, as you do provide a line of thinking I hadn't thought of. Its not enough for me to make my own read off of though.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 269, Wyvernite wrote:
In post 263, Aeronaut wrote:Also the fact that Wyv is literally giving an opinion on every other player that's not the two viable lynches

This is good

VOTE: Wyvernite
Yeah i'm sorry that this group has decided to put the 3 people with the least amount of posts on full fuckin blast. I have no reads on TB/Algebra, there's nothing there, not that I can read atleast. I see that you guys are putting up all sorts of reasons why one is town/mafia, I simply have yet to see enough amount of info from either to have reads that mean anything, I can arbitrarily throw scum/town around like everyone else here seems to be doing, but you won't catch me doing it.
ThingBig and Algebra both have 19 posts. You're really telling me there's nothing you can get out of either of them? The reason it's scummy is that you're avoiding our main two topics of conversation right now which generally is indicative of scum trying not to take responsibility, especially when we're 2 days out from DL. I've got news for you; you're not going to get a lynch on DH or Postie today.

If they had posted as much as Flames did, then I'd agree with you, but the fact that theres enough content there that the rest of the game feels comfortable doing paragraphs of analysis of and you are still acting like they're non-slots is awful.
I didn't know that people had to be lynch targets for me to ask questions and be inquisitive about it? When I was talking about people "silencing" this is exactly what I was talking about, and it coming from one of my top towns is very unsettling to say the least.
Nobody is silencing you.
In regards to taking the bare minimum and focusing on YOU/DH/postie. I'm definitely not focusing on you here at all, atleast in a scum sense I feel like that's what you're trying to insinuate here. Again, to use your argument, I didn't know there was a read restriction, where I can only focus on the people that are currently being wagoned? That seems scummy as all hell, my read on you is quickly flipping.
So I'm scum now?

Did you expect just because you were town reading me that I'd just agree with everything you said? That's a silly thought, even if you're scum.
In post 280, shannon wrote:
In post 276, Dark Horse wrote:
@DH - I find it interesting that you're now referring to me as 'a townie'. It doesn't feel genuine.

To recap:

You super scum read me from the start of the game.

Someone calls you out and asks you to provide a case, so that you can convince them that I'm scum too. In you respond by saying "Right now trying to convince people that shannon's scum is not a priority for me"

In the same post, you say I'm less scummy.

And now, in with no further analysis, you refer to me as a 'townie'.

Can you please explain the thought process behind this change of read? Because it's looking pretty convenient to me.
I thought you read DH as town?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Wyvernite »

In post 284, Aeronaut wrote:Nobody is silencing you.
You're pushing scum on me for bringing up people who aren't being focused currently. You are trying to get me to not talk about them. You were the one who said DH was such a good lynch today, but over the course of 3-4 posts you've flipped your read on him? Or have you just given up on a lynch on him today?
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:08 am

Post by Wyvernite »

@aero you'll also see i'm voting algebra. I want to hear from him, as I think he's the lynch today if he doesn't speak up. I don't have enough of an opinion to give reasons to why I dislike him. While I think that DH/Postie could be scum, that doesn't mean I can't be wrong. I am more than willing to consider other people, as TB is V/LA, I'm voting algebra. His inactivity is more unsettling to me than anything that dh/postie have done. I guess I didn't really express that in my posts which is my bad. I'm just hesitant to lyncyh people who haven't been talking at all, at least until we have to because we're out of time.
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Wyvernite »

I guess I should explain my stance on the game currently, as looking through my ISO it seems kinda confusing.

I don't like algebra, mostly for his inactivity. I really didn't like his posts but if I change my angle of thinking to be more like postie's I can see how he could be town. I've given my stance on that though. I need to hear more from him before the day is over, but as it stands I dislike him.

re-reading the thread through a different lens I can definitely see how postie is town. It's all about intention with her posts. My scuminess for her has gone down a bit, but i'm not really as eager as everyone else to say that she's town.

DH's recent posts have me second guessing my read as well. Even though I'm the one who he's pressuring, I still like the questions that he's asking and bringing up, feels like genuine scum hunting. I still don't like his earlier posts, but now he seems much more logical than I previously suspected.

ISO'ing TB is a bit annoying, as most of his posts are earlier into the game asking very simple/basic questions that feel like he's asking just for the sake of asking, and doesn't really feel like anything. I don't really understand his reasoning behind anything that he's posted, besides the questions. I guess I was excusing it because of how early into the game it was. I'll be more critical of him moving forward, as I don't see any of his posts being town-indicative. If TB ends up being mafia I would definitely say algebra is town, or is bussing incredibly hard for a d1 micro game. I think someone has already mentioned that though. I've got a paper to write so I can't go back to find out who it was that said it originally.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Postie »

As of I strongly oppose a Wyvernite lynch. More to come.

Wyv, if you don't want to be today's lynch you'll vote ThinkBig.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

After that trash backtrack? You better have something good
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

Wyvernite's posts read like he was banking on aeronaut stubbornly staying on me, and he's scrambling to come up with something now that it's no longer the case
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Wyvernite »

In post 290, Dark Horse wrote:Wyvernite's posts read like he was banking on aeronaut stubbornly staying on me, and he's scrambling to come up with something now that it's no longer the case
Guy I never even voted on you I"m not exactly banking on you getting lynched. exactly the opposite to be completely honest, I have to see how people respond to my own pressure before deciding whether or not my read on you is correct or not. Even then I'm always open to sound logical arguments, I realize that mathematically speaking, if I think someone is mafia, I'm probably wrong.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

Your slot hasn't voted since rvs

So I'm assuming it's suppossed to be coincidence that as soon as Aeronaut started reconsidering his read on me, AND both of your town reads started voting you, you do a reread and retract your scum reads? Yeah no
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by Postie »

I don't see the utility in Wyv flipping his read on Aero. It looks very much like he doesn't care about making allies that will oppose his lynch; he's managed to make an enemy of half the town by now due to the way he's evolved his reads on people. And he hasn't been actively pursuing another wagon that's likely to go through instead of his own.

The paranoia about "silencing" pings me as
extremely
town also.
In post 269, Wyvernite wrote:When I was talking about people "silencing" this is exactly what I was talking about, and it coming from one of my top towns is very unsettling to say the least.
In post 285, Wyvernite wrote:You're pushing scum on me for bringing up people who aren't being focused currently. You are trying to get me to not talk about them.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by Postie »

Also note that Wyv is producing content we can read him off, whereas ThinkBig is likely going to continue lurking. I'd rather have ThinkBig out of the picture now than later and at the expense of someone who is actually giving us things to work with.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

What? All of the active townies have expressed a willingness to lynch him. It's not like was more enemies for him to make by changing his reads.

He's now looking at algebra, the other person "up for lynch today". That looks like pursuing another wagon to me

Most of wyvern contents is incredibly scummy. I'd prefer to lynch scum over lynching an inactive
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 295, Dark Horse wrote:What? All of the active townies have expressed a willingness to lynch him. It's not like was more enemies for him to make by changing his reads.
Maybe, but he's screwing over his chances of making any allies.
In post 295, Dark Horse wrote:He's now looking at algebra, the other person "up for lynch today". That looks like pursuing another wagon to me
He's not done anything to convince anyone to vote someone who isn't him. That's the bottom line.
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by Wyvernite »

In post 295, Dark Horse wrote:What? All of the active townies have expressed a willingness to lynch him. It's not like was more enemies for him to make by changing his reads.

He's now looking at algebra, the other person "up for lynch today". That looks like pursuing another wagon to me

Most of wyvern contents is incredibly scummy. I'd prefer to lynch scum over lynching an inactive
Look I tried pushing my reads and my votes for today, and it's clear NOBODY is having it. I can work with everyone and play nice, even if its not how i would like the game to be played out. It's a micro game we don't really have much wiggle room for mislynches. If playing along with the powerhouse that is aero/postie this game gets a win, I don't really care how it's done. I can be a team player.
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Wyvernite »

I am a bit hesitant to change votes when algebra still hasn't provided anything, especially onto someone who is currently V/LA. For now I'll UNVOTE: and FOS TB, but i'm not putting a vote on him until we hear more
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by shannon »

@Aero 284 - I do town read DH, in spite of his early tunnel on me. I just find it weird that his read on me has gone from 'scum must die' to 'townie'. I'm not scum reading him, just asking the question.

I think Wyvern needs to go today.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”