Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 823, TwiszTed wrote:
In post 818, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 747, TwiszTed wrote:
In post 744, Gamma Emerald wrote:Spade scummy based on Alban's story change
Spade is scummy based on your scumread calling them scum?

Wat?
Look at what Klingon has been saying
You didn't quote KC, you scumread Spade based on a story change from another scumread.

That's disingenuous. Alan's words are not indicative of Spade's role... certainly not without a flip.
It's over with anyway, Alban explained it.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
TwiszTed
TwiszTed
Goon
TwiszTed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:04 am

Post by TwiszTed »

In post 819, Gamma Emerald wrote:That fixes things. Spade is leantown now.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Keep your posts green
Don't let me see red
Cuz when I get meen
Scum be getting ded
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 826, TwiszTed wrote:

Dude.
I have a certain level of taking people's word for things like this. I'm not going to press further when it's mostly personal.
I can link the last time this happened if you want.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:51 am

Post by Kop »

In post 827, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Dude.
I have a certain level of taking people's word for things like this. I'm not going to press further when it's mostly personal.
Do you not have that slight feeling by taking peoples word, that you could potentially be taking scums word for something like that?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 828, Kop wrote:
In post 827, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Dude.
Do you not have that slight feeling by taking peoples word, that you could potentially be taking scums word for something like that?
Even if he is scum I'm noy going to press a point that is adequately explained.
Him saying he was being respectful to his friends explained it fine even if Alban is scum.
<Embrace The Void>

Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

Dude.
Dont take people's words for things, it makes you look suspicious. I know his explaination cleared something up concerning the start of the game but i made a case against Spade containing different reasoning. The following is all from my perspective. i scumread Spade and you saying Spade is a townlean after the alban post was cleared up looks hinky to me. Alban's post doesnt clear anything up for me regarding my view

VOTE: Gamma
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 830, Secret Agent Jin wrote:
Dude.
Dont take people's words for things, it makes you look suspicious. I know his explaination cleared something up concerning the start of the game but i made a case against Spade containing different reasoning. The following is all from my perspective. i scumread Spade and you saying Spade is a townlean after the alban post was cleared up looks hinky to me. Alban's post doesnt clear anything up for me regarding my view

My scumread I stated was assoiciative
Recase him.
<Embrace The Void>

MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:51 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Oh my god, please tell me we're NOT still talking about Spade's avatar. That dead horse should have been fossilised 30 pages ago. :roll:

Also is it just me or is Gamma really V/LA for *a month*?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Charloux »

Come on 1 more till L-1!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 832, MiniDeathStar wrote:Oh my god, please tell me we're NOT still talking about Spade's avatar. That dead horse should have been fossilised 30 pages ago. :roll:

Also is it just me or is Gamma really V/LA for *a month*?
Yes
Until christmas break
<Embrace The Void>

bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:27 am

Post by bangthemafia »

In post 790, Randomnamechange wrote:
Searching for a replacement for Twiszted
bangthemafia has been prodded. he has twenty four hours to respond or he will be replaced.
Hi guys! Sorry for the absence. Will start posting from tomorrow. Will have to read everything. 17 pages to catch up!!!
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

In post 830, Secret Agent Jin wrote:Dont take people's words for things, it makes you look suspicious. I know his explaination cleared something up concerning the start of the game but i made a case against Spade containing different reasoning. The following is all from my perspective. i scumread Spade and you saying Spade is a townlean after the alban post was cleared up looks hinky to me. Alban's post doesnt clear anything up for me regarding my view

Do you think that makes Gamma scummier than Spade?

Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 832, MiniDeathStar wrote:Also is it just me or is Gamma really V/LA for *a month*?
Yes
Until christmas break
Wellll have fun! But don't abandon us!! :wink:
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

In post 836, MiniDeathStar wrote:
In post 830, Secret Agent Jin wrote:Dont take people's words for things, it makes you look suspicious. I know his explaination cleared something up concerning the start of the game but i made a case against Spade containing different reasoning. The following is all from my perspective. i scumread Spade and you saying Spade is a townlean after the alban post was cleared up looks hinky to me. Alban's post doesnt clear anything up for me regarding my view

I think they are equally scummy which means i will vote for the one with the most votes, be it Spade or Gamma.
Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:43 pm

Post by Spade_Ace »

In post 833, Charloux wrote:Come on 1 more till L-1!
Is you are mistaken. There are currently only three players voting for Gamma. Ted, SAJ and Lane. Alban and creature removed their votes.
Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:49 pm

Post by Spade_Ace »

In post 713, Creature wrote:Not sure now.

VOTE: alban
Why do you still suspect alban???
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Prodge.

I ate a Benadryl and I'm passing out. Damned allergies.

VOTE: Alban
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:18 pm

Post by Spade_Ace »

In post 840, Klingoncelt wrote:Prodge.

I ate a Benadryl and I'm passing out. Damned allergies.

VOTE: Alban
Why?????
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:41 am

Post by bangthemafia »

Ok Guys, I figured out that 17 pages are a lot to read. AM just unable to put together so many posts amidst the side stories of people threatening to leave, and some attitude related arguements. So I am going to read posts of one player at a time and post "a player by player" thoughts. I am starting with Alban and Spade as I know their play style quite well and then will post alphabetically but as and when I am able to get time.

Alban

In post 387, bangthemafia wrote:
In post 369, alban wrote:About Bang, he is playing just as he plays. Aggressive, questioning and analytical. Spade, what do you think?

About Spade, he is not playing as he plays. He is usually very questioning and analytical, but he is not as active in this game. Maybe it's a lot to take in as his first game. Bang, what do you think?
About Spade I agree somewhat. He is a bit disengaged, not actively questioning people. But I may give him a benefit of doubt as he is hardly 2 weeks old on this site. But what about u? U hav been here since months. I find you equally absent.
Alban, has been in general much less active than I would otherwise imagine him to be. After my last post #389, in next 17 pages there were hardly 2-3 detailed messages from him. Alban, where is your usual pairwise analysis of players? Or are you happy just being under radar as the main lynchbait for day 1 never seemed to be you.

You accused me of "just asking questions" without making decisive reads. I asked you a question above and you never cared to respond. (Agree it was actually not a question but a remark, but you never responded)
In post 389, bangthemafia wrote:Guys, I will be V/LA till Monday.

As of now my scumpile is-
Kling, Creature, Charl, SAJ

Null- Spade, Alban, Gamma, Lane, Tigar Moth

Townpile- Mini, FoD

No reads- KOP
I did not vote because I had too many null reads to be comfortable while voting. I wanted to hear more from many of the players in this game before making up my mind. Still as I knew I was gonna be absent for next few days, I tried to summarize my tentative list before signing off.
In post 666, alban wrote:I am starting my analysis with Bang and Spade whom I know well enough to analyse their playing styles in detail.

Bang
, I have two major problems with your playing style this game.

1. You are questioning more than you are committing.
You still haven't voted
. Right? Why? Let me paraphrase Mini's question to me, and ask you whom will you vote at this juncture? You seem to have a problem with players like Fountain who give verdicts but don't give enough reason for it. Your problem seems to be the opposite. You give reason why someone is suspicious, but don't give a verdict.

2. You have posed many pertinent questions, but I think there's
literally zero follow-up
. My suggestion for you is to commit to the most suspicious person and follow him till a point where you can either strike them off the list or vote for them.

Despite this, I have a
townread
on you.
I explained above. Questioning is for making people talk in a hope they will slip. Voting needs definitive opinion. There has been so much chaos here that I am not able to put 2 plus 2 together. I dont know if this is usual on mafiascum or because I am new to this style. But I think I read from many that it was hard for them to get any reads. For the same reason I partly envy and partly suspect those like FoD who make reads so fast and even vote, worse without explaining anything.

About follow up, it was just busy schedule. I was out of town and travelling. By the way, why dont you practice what you preach! In last 17 pages, I found hardly 2 posts from you, dude.

You want verdicts, right? ;-) Mine for you is a "Null with slight town lean". You have asked all right questions in your last 2 posts. But both the posts could be NAI. So whether you follow up on them or not, I will see.
--

In post 730, alban wrote:
Part 2

Charl
, You bend over backwards to appear scummy. At the same time, I can't imagine why a scum will make such random comments. I mean there doesn't even look like a semblance of a plan when you drop bomb after bomb. There are players like Creature who drop very short and very random posts, but there seems to be some hidden agenda behind those posts and players. In your posts, I
don't see a plan
. 400 posts in the game, you come and declare Gamma as hydra (were you even talking about him or did you mean Fountain?). Your posts sound weird but also absentminded. This is exactly how I remember your play from earlier games. I am
nullreading you

--

Creature
, you are second only to Gamma and Mini in number of posts (staggering 72!), but you have contributed nothing to the game.
Can you summarise your reads on everyone?
Please take as many words as you possibly can. It's one thing to be succinct, another to be of no use. Your posts, reads, are not helping. It is possible you are doing this deliberately. My lack of a better read on you makes me wary of you. If you don't make yourself useful, and if i don't have a clear suspect by the deadline, I will be happy to vote for you. You are
scumleaning

--

Fountain/Twisz, Mini
, you both appear
town

--

Gamma
, I think you are a kind of a player who is unable to make up his mind and stick to his opinions. You throw your nets in whichever direction the current is flowing. Also, like Bang, you
don't do follow-up
of your own posts because you are too caught up in what's the latest bothersome thing in the game. There are so many bothersome things constantly happening that you aren't taking your own reads to conclusion. Moreover you change your votes and reads every so often. I am assuming you do that to pressurise people into talking. Do that again and again and people will stop caring. Coz they know about how easily you will flit to the next suspicious activity. This was exactly what I also felt about you in the previous game, and this is what I think is your style. Nothing wrong with that. Just not very helpful. Also, I think you are quite caught up in immediate replying, posting and analysing to whatever catches your eye, that you do not have enough inclination for a broader analysis of the game and of the players. Maybe try to do that.

On the plus side, I think that you are
townhunting
as much as you are scumhunting, which is great. You are constantly voicing your opinion. You have interacted with
almost every player
in the game and have analysed them. Now will be a good time to put forth your
overarching analysis
on everyone. I am
townreading you
UNVOTE:

--

Summary of part 1 and 2:

Scum
: Spade, Creature
Null
: Charl
Town
: Bang, Twisz, Mini, Gamma
[/quote]

How is the last para on Gamma AI? Also care to elaborate on Twisz? Why does he appear townie to you? And what about KOP, Lane, Kling, SAJ, Tiger?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:12 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

VC 1.6

lane0168 - L-7
Klingoncelt – L-7
Tiger Moth - L-7
Gamma Emerald - L-4 - Lane0168, TwiszTed, Secret Agent Jin
TwiszTed - L-7 -
alban - L-5 - Creature, Klingoncelt
Charloux - L-7
Kop - L-7
MiniDeathStar - L-7
Creature - L-6 - Gamma Emerald
Secret Agent Jin - L-6 - Tiger Moth
bangthemafia - L-7
Spade_Ace - L-6 - MiniDeathStar

Not Voting: Charloux, Kop, bangthemafia, Spade_Ace, Alban
(expired on 2016-11-20 12:10:00)
Hopefully I managed a VC without any mistakes :D
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 836, MiniDeathStar wrote:

Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 832, MiniDeathStar wrote:Also is it just me or is Gamma really V/LA for *a month*?
Yes
Until christmas break
Wellll have fun! But don't abandon us!! :wink:
I found a way to have more reliable access
I'll be V/LA on weekends tho
<Embrace The Void>

Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Charloux »

Don't push yourself Gamma, nobody will think poorly of you if you decide to get lynched due to lack of access :wink:
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:03 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

And so moves Charloux ever closer to the dreaded scumpile.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:11 am

Post by lane0168 »

2.5 days. Let's get those votes out there eh? There's basically no consensus. Gamma doesn't seem to be happening. Reads are everywhere or non existent. Which I honestly can't blame people for. Just gotta come to an agreement.

VOTE: spade
Tiger moth
Tiger moth
Townie
Tiger moth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:17 am

Post by Tiger moth »

What are the cases on Gamma and Spade? I'm not seeing either of them.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:31 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

In post 645, MiniDeathStar wrote:Well, I have a short list but considering how hard it is for me to read this game full of lurkers and weird people, it's the best I have right now.

1. His reads appear convenient. He town reads the popular people and scumreads the current suspects of the day. He revoked his townread on me as soon as I said I was suspecting him.
2. Meta analysis from bangthemafia and alban says he's playing noticeably different.
3. The blatant misrepresentation of Jin that I pointed out, and then the poor excuse of reaction testing and something he found scummy but didn't even mention in the "reaction test".
4. The fact that he defends himself by throwing shade on his attackers rather than by logical explanations.
5. He's overly jumpy in a bad way. Instead of asking people to elaborate (or offering to explain himself), he immediately kicks anyone who says anything bad about him into the scum pile.
6. Intuition. This is more for me than a formal case but I have this nagging feeling that his posts just
sound artificial
. His reads, his explanations, everything. I can't tell if it's my confirmation bias or
FEMALE SIXTH SENSE
something I know I see but can't put into words so I'm not giving it much weight. Just a hunch.

Return to “Completed Open Games”