Newbie 1756: Balloon (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by WeCanSimplyBeOurselves »

In post 247, Accountant wrote:
Any chance however remote of someone getting on board my slight scumlean of transcend is better than the zero chance of getting on board with Norska.
What makes you think that people have a higher chance of getting on board with your gut Transcend lynch than they have of getting on board with your active lurker Norska lynch?
I was explicitly told that my reason for Norska was unconvincing.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Accountant »

Am I correct in surmising that your read on me can be said to be mostly gut, then?

Well, here's a question for you. What am I wriggling out of?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 250, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:
In post 247, Accountant wrote:
Any chance however remote of someone getting on board my slight scumlean of transcend is better than the zero chance of getting on board with Norska.
What makes you think that people have a higher chance of getting on board with your gut Transcend lynch than they have of getting on board with your active lurker Norska lynch?
I was explicitly told that my reason for Norska was unconvincing.
And you think your reason for Transcend is not?

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by MisaTange »

In post 248, Transcend wrote:I still think Charloux is an enormous scumfuck and wcsbo just has a bad read.

Thatsit solid town now.
I feel like there should've been a vote switch at the end there...
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Transcend »

VOTE: Charloux

I think it's possible that wcsbo has a couple of bad reads vs. him white knighting a town.

This slot doesn't deserve any towncred fwiw and I wouldn't mind the death of it.

removed errant align tag
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Transcend »

Fat fingers lol
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Transcend »

Lol thank you blessed moderator!
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Accountant »

Which slot doesn't deserve any towncred? Charloux or WCS?

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 253, MisaTange wrote:
In post 248, Transcend wrote:I still think Charloux is an enormous scumfuck and wcsbo just has a bad read.

Thatsit solid town now.
I feel like there should've been a vote switch at the end there...
I was getting there sista
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by Transcend »

Neither one, but definitely Charloux.

Like Misa said he's only been active when he's been under suspicion. Plus his posts are really bad. And he's mellowed out once suspicion went on wcsbo. And he's not even given his opinion on wcsbo white knighting him.
NorskaBlue
NorskaBlue
Goon
NorskaBlue
Goon
Goon
Location: Jeg er ikke norsk. Hvis du spør meg noe i norsk, kan jeg ikke hjelpe deg.

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by NorskaBlue »

In post 213, Transcend wrote:Why am I pretty strong town to you?
You're asking a lot of piercing questions and pretty logical conclusions that I agree with. You're spreading out your interrogations, getting information from everyone, but it doesn't feel like you're trying to misdirect us or shift the focus away from a scum. You're being helpful like a competent townie, without it feeling like you're shepherding people like me. I'm not certain, and I'm open to any more information that could change my reading of you. But if you do turn out to be scum, hats off to you for a good game.
In post 227, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote: But I don't think Norska is scum anymore now anyway. I think Transcend is far more likely to be Accountant's scum buddy than Norska. My gut tells me now that they're working together.
What changed your mind? In 221 you said your case for voting me was stronger than your case on Transcend. Then six posts later I'm town but T is still scum? Also, I can't see how post 193 took your reading of Accountant from slight town to maximum scum. I can sorta see your argument, but it feels like a pretty major shift in direction.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Transcend »

Alright:

Norska is town
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by WeCanSimplyBeOurselves »

In post 251, Accountant wrote:Am I correct in surmising that your read on me can be said to be mostly gut, then?
Yes.
In post 251, Accountant wrote: Well, here's a question for you. What am I wriggling out of?
What you were saying before you pretended to just realize that what you were saying was a bad idea.

Unless what you were saying was something you would only say as town.

But I think it's something you would say as either alignment.

And I think when you said you "just realized" that seemed not genuine.

And I think that that was a safer option for you than just hoping that no one would spot that what you'd said beforehand was a bad idea.

If you know what I mean.

Okay exhausted, going to bed now.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by Accountant »

But I think it's something you would say as either alignment.

And I think when you said you "just realized" that seemed not genuine.
I don't understand. If I would say that as either alignment, what motive would I have for covering it up as scum?

Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by Manuel87 »

@Accountant: What is your read on WCS right now?
@Thatsit: Why do you think Char is scum now? What changed your mind on Accountant?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by Accountant »

Surprisingly enough, it's a townlean. I think newb!Scum would try to buddy the IC rather than hard tunnelling them and claiming gut. That sort of behavior comes more often from frustrated town or someone who has a really strong instinct but can't explain why - in fact, I can't think of any reason why scum!WCS would want to do this.

Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:41 pm

Post by Manuel87 »

Hmm that surprises me indeed. I can think of 2 reasons.
The first one is distancing from his scumbuddy.
The second one would be the same i said about the Transcend vote. Pushing someone else then Charloux that is widely townread even more then Transcend and has a very low possibility of stopping the lynch on Charloux.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:45 pm

Post by Accountant »

You think WCS is white-knighting Charloux but pushing a lynch he knows won't go through to get her lynched while washing his hands of it?

Well, that's a possibility I've both considered and mentioned. I could definitely see it with Transcend. But I feel as though his rants about how scummy I am are genuine.

Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:37 pm

Post by Manuel87 »

I think thats a possibility and to me it seems very likely to be the case.
I can agree that its awkward that he would do the same thing again though. But that doesnt mean scum!WCS wouldnt do it.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:48 pm

Post by Charloux »

@Transcend: who is scum, if i am town
And i don't want to comment on wcsbo becase i subsconsciously see his every post as newbtown who got in over his head.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:52 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 269, Charloux wrote:@Transcend: who is scum, if i am town
And i don't want to comment on wcsbo becase i subsconsciously see his every post as newbtown who got in over his head.
Would probably be a combo of Misa/Manuel/WCSBO

But you're scum. This is a very manipulative post and until i said something about it, you've done nothing to deflect the forming wagon on WCSBO.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:22 am

Post by Charloux »

You manipulated my post so that it turns out i had scum motivation and you appear to be doing something productive when you aren't.
See? It's easy to see scum motivation in every post. But you know what? Nobody will give 2 F**** even if i call you out if i get a guilty on you, but they will jump at my neck if you say "Let's lynch him". The reason is because the masses want to be lead, and they join the first wagon that forms. They also like to label those with unique personality as outcasts and try to get rid of them. If you want me lynched do it yourself! Don't pretend you are pushing me when all you do is leave Accountant to do the mental work!
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:46 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 270, Transcend wrote:you've done nothing to deflect the forming wagon on WCSBO
This is a good point raised by Transcend, though; he's not just throwing random accusations at you. Do you have a response to this?

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:51 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 271, Charloux wrote:You manipulated my post so that it turns out i had scum motivation and you appear to be doing something productive when you aren't.
See? It's easy to see scum motivation in every post. But you know what? Nobody will give 2 F**** even if i call you out if i get a guilty on you, but they will jump at my neck if you say "Let's lynch him". The reason is because the masses want to be lead, and they join the first wagon that forms. They also like to label those with unique personality as outcasts and try to get rid of them. If you want me lynched do it yourself! Don't pretend you are pushing me when all you do is leave Accountant to do the mental work!
Lol

My push on you has been independent.

In fact, i was the one who started it.

You're correct in that Accountant has added a lot of power to the push, probably more than me.

But I've made points on you that differ from his.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:00 am

Post by Charloux »

I see no way i can talk myself out of this one. One more question before i claim, for future reference:
In post 36, Transcend wrote:Norska null, leaning gut scum
Charloux prob scum
And yes, i tend to get reads really quickly.
What did you find scummy in my first two posts?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”