Newbie 1758 - Symmetry (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:18 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 245, HowardRoark wrote:
In post 239, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 237, HowardRoark wrote:Excluding RVS, Hellfire Missile and Psych are the only one to have received no votes. Yet Hellfire Missile is in the middle group?
I was counting votes on alphabetorical as separate from votes on DR so at the time of my post DR had also received no votes. But I also think that I was the only vote on alphabetorical and that started as RVS (will have to look through the thread to check this).
That doesn't answer my question about Hellfire Missile's placement.
My bad. I placed HM in the second tier simply because I didn't find them as suspicious as DR and Psyche. The evidence contributing to my HM read is the possibly faked newbishness and the lack of actual content in their posts. Despite this there's a good chance that HM is legitimately as newbie as he appears and is having trouble making reads etc. This isn't as sus imo as DR who seems to be misconstruing previous posts and trying tunnel Joshz or Psyche who also isn't posting actual content but has a less valid explanation than HM because he's more experienced.

@Jackel98. Re post : I did actually call out DR earlier in post . I thought making that post that my earlier post specified that I was overly defensive as town. Between the two posts I looked back through the game and realized I left it open so I made so it didn't look like I was purposely misrepresenting my earlier statements.

Also: why the town read on Sequencer?
DayahaangRai
DayahaangRai
Townie
DayahaangRai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:08 pm

Post by DayahaangRai »

Here are the reasons for voting Human Sequencer

This post bugged me so hard. "I'm gonna join for pressure. If we get to L-1, I'm retracting."
Why he wants to pressure?
-Wants to pressure a newer player who is town to crack and become scummy under pressure.
- Wants to build a wagon real quick on town and when the wagon is formed, Get off from the wagon to not get sus if he flips town. As the newer player will already be cracked enough for town to vote.
- Just want town to do something.

Says the post pinged him.

If that post pinged him, Why will he Un-Vote him and vote Jackel?
-He thought the wagon on her isnt growing. So, Thought a change in the vote will be good to get someone lynched.

Why its suspicious?
-Un-Votes without a reason.
-Had said that post pinged him but still Un-VTLs.
-After Howard asked for the reason for Un-VTLing, Only then gives the reason which doesnt give a good sign. Says Sobloev is posting meaningful content, but jackel isnt. If Human was really pinged why will he Un-VTL? Because the wagon wasnt forming good.

Again, That's not a convincing reason. And you ignored- "Why not mention that before someone questioned? An Un-Vote with a reason would have been nice"
Your vote didnt made town do anything. What do you mean?

Changed? Didnt you said Space's post was scummy. So, You said "My vote stands" and still She hadnt posted anything as a response to your vote. But Yet, You chose to vote someone else. And Worth a shot? Like worth a shot to get a town hanged?

Your vote didnt made town do anything at all? But I asked "Why did you think?"

In my eyes and the site i play's meta, It would have been considered very suspicious. So, My vote stands unless he convinces me.

Answering to accusations/Questions, now.
DayahaangRai
DayahaangRai
Townie
DayahaangRai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:52 pm

Post by DayahaangRai »

In post 205, Loopdan wrote:
In post 174, DayahaangRai wrote:According to my experiences in mafia games, Scums rarely get replaced and a 2 replacement of a role is rare for scums. So, The conclusion should be I can be said a near-confirmed townie but I dont expect it fully. Just said it.
Scum replaces out of Newbie games all the time. More often than town if a newbie player rolls it. The circumstances of the replace out matters a lot. I see no reason why your slot being replaced twice gives it town-cred.
Err. I've replaced into a game about 3-5 times in this site and In all those games, I was replaced as a town. And in the other site, Mafias are rarely, i mean very rarely gets replaced.
In post 208, Joshz wrote:If I had to pick a scum pair rn it's Howard or psyche with Sobolev or Rai (but note: I don't think Howard AND Rai are scum).
Give reasons with your accusation, as well. :) Or is it because i was onto you and had voted you?
In post 209, HowardRoark wrote: @DayahaangRai: The lazy was asking for a summary with such a short read.
I use it in every games. For instance: Check: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... &start=700. This game has finished. And i was town that game and i still use it every game. That's not enough reason for FoS'ing me. You can even spectate the current games going where in every games, I've asked for the summary.
In post 218, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 217, Jackel98 wrote:DayRai might have tried to misrepresent Sobolev by quoting her as saying that she was overly defensive as
scum
, not town.
For full disclosure I just looked back at my original post and realized I left it open as to whether I was overly defensive as town or scum. I still think that this means that DR saying me being defensive is a scumtell is misrepresenting my views, however, although it could easily be accidental.

Aside from that what you're saying makes a lot of sense. Although I don't necessarily think that loopdan has shown less emotion than any other people in the game excepting Joshz.

@Psyche/SEs: General theory question. At what point do you think your suspicions of someone should move over to an actual vote on that person? Do you think that you should just always be voting for who you're most suspicious of at the time or do you think that there could be times when you have slight scum reads on a couple people but still aren't voting?
It was a mis-read. I read "when accused of being mafia" or something like that as "when accused if i am mafia".

The meta here and meta in the other site i play seem very different that everyone here in newbie games start sus'ing me even if i am in my normal town playstyle. OMGUS and Hypocrisy are all suspicious there and These things are the only scum-tells that can be found there. I had already have enough of the sus in me in the previous games but I still thought of giving it a last attempt at such games.

I give up. Sorry, but the meta here is so much intolerable for me. I'll get back to the "one game at a time" thing in the previous site i played. Even if i am town, Every one sus me for being a town-me. I am not being salty but i'm used to the meta i play with.

Requesting a replacement!

And I can assure you all that the replacement which will be taking me is townie indeed. :)
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:20 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 252, DayahaangRai wrote:
In post 174, DayahaangRai wrote:According to my experiences in mafia games, Scums rarely get replaced and a 2 replacement of a role is rare for scums. So, The conclusion should be I can be said a near-confirmed townie but I dont expect it fully. Just said it.
Scum replaces out of Newbie games all the time. More often than town if a newbie player rolls it. The circumstances of the replace out matters a lot. I see no reason why your slot being replaced twice gives it town-cred.
Err. I've replaced into a game about 3-5 times in this site and In all those games, I was replaced as a town. And in the other site, Mafias are rarely, i mean very rarely gets replaced.
This is specific to Newbie games:
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:28 am

Post by Loopdan »

Like I said, the circumstance of the replace out matters a lot. I think yours hints at frustration of being scum "caught for the wrong reason."

VOTE: DayRai
DayahaangRai
DayahaangRai
Townie
DayahaangRai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:06 am

Post by DayahaangRai »

In post 254, Loopdan wrote:Rai
I love your idiocy. :)

Continue doing it. ;)
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:19 am

Post by Loopdan »

If you are town, why do you want me to continue pushing your lynch? Your personal attack only makes me think it's more likely you are scum.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:21 am

Post by Joshz »

Ironic. :)

Continue doing it. ;)
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:49 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 252, DayahaangRai wrote:
In post 208, Joshz wrote:If I had to pick a scum pair rn it's Howard or psyche with Sobolev or Rai (but note: I don't think Howard AND Rai are scum).
Give reasons with your accusation, as well. :) Or is it because i was onto you and had voted you?
In post 209, HowardRoark wrote: @DayahaangRai: The lazy was asking for a summary with such a short read.
I use it in every games. For instance: Check: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... &start=700. This game has finished. And i was town that game and i still use it every game. That's not enough reason for FoS'ing me. You can even spectate the current games going where in every games, I've asked for the summary.
In post 218, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 217, Jackel98 wrote:DayRai might have tried to misrepresent Sobolev by quoting her as saying that she was overly defensive as
scum
, not town.
For full disclosure I just looked back at my original post and realized I left it open as to whether I was overly defensive as town or scum. I still think that this means that DR saying me being defensive is a scumtell is misrepresenting my views, however, although it could easily be accidental.

Aside from that what you're saying makes a lot of sense. Although I don't necessarily think that loopdan has shown less emotion than any other people in the game excepting Joshz.

@Psyche/SEs: General theory question. At what point do you think your suspicions of someone should move over to an actual vote on that person? Do you think that you should just always be voting for who you're most suspicious of at the time or do you think that there could be times when you have slight scum reads on a couple people but still aren't voting?
It was a mis-read. I read "when accused of being mafia" or something like that as "when accused if i am mafia".

The meta here and meta in the other site i play seem very different that everyone here in newbie games start sus'ing me even if i am in my normal town playstyle. OMGUS and Hypocrisy are all suspicious there and These things are the only scum-tells that can be found there. I had already have enough of the sus in me in the previous games but I still thought of giving it a last attempt at such games.

I give up. Sorry, but the meta here is so much intolerable for me. I'll get back to the "one game at a time" thing in the previous site i played. Even if i am town, Every one sus me for being a town-me. I am not being salty but i'm used to the meta i play with.

Requesting a replacement!

And I can assure you all that the replacement which will be taking me is townie indeed. :)
You can't seriously be saying you are mad because town you is getting scum read here???? I'm from another forum and am having troubles adapting here but you still look just as scummy to me. And I did give reasons you twat, gut. Why are you self metaing and saying you're auto town?? Hello? And for the record the last noc I was in scum subbed out day 2, his sub won them the game. So stop with the bullshit rhetoric. There are lots of reasons to sub and every real one should apply to both scum and town. I know a major annual game started on smogon and that's probably why Empoof subbed out, it's completely NAI.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:06 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

lol
looks like rai boiled himself alive in this game
VOTE: DayahaangRai

sobolev is still suss but this is worse
nah
DayahaangRai
DayahaangRai
Townie
DayahaangRai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:43 am

Post by DayahaangRai »

You know what? I am Town Cop. Vote me up, idiots.
Jackel98
Jackel98
Goon
Jackel98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:48 am

Post by Jackel98 »

I don't know how serious that claim is. You've already requested a replacement, and now you're just being a dick to us and your replacement.
“Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 260, DayahaangRai wrote:You know what? I am Town Cop. Vote me up, idiots.
Do you even know the vote count on you?

If you are town please leave this site and never come back.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:13 am

Post by Loopdan »

UNVOTE:
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 227, Loopdan wrote:@Psyche-- Do you have any reads at all to share at this point?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:26 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Psyche-- If town, please explain why you are playing like lurkscum.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:56 am

In post 261, Jackel98 wrote:I don't know how serious that claim is. You've already requested a replacement, and now you're just being a dick to us and your replacement.
^this
i take that claim with enough salt to season and cook a whale
seriously think he's just trolling

to rai's replacement, don't confirm nor deny this claim
to everybody else
don't confirm or disprove the setup
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Joshz »

Guess I'm not the vi
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:09 am

Post by Loopdan »

Psyche has been onsite, posting in non-game threads.

@mod-- Requesting a prod for Psyche.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:29 am

yeah what the fuck guys post more

in the meantime VOTE: Sobolev Space while i wait for rai's slot to pick up
nah
DayahaangRai
DayahaangRai
Townie
DayahaangRai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:09 am

Post by DayahaangRai »

You all are just fucking idiots.Nothing else.

Human Sequencer and Joshz are scums!

Just wanted to tell you this before i leave this idiot site. ;)
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:12 am

ok mate
nah
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:20 am

Post by Psyche »

ok im back
You can't step in the same river twice.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:48 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.6

Fun game. Say "toy boat" over and over. Do it for the rest of your life. Retreat from society and live on alms. Whisper "toy boat' as you die.

Human Sequencer (2)
: HowardRoark, DayahaangRai
DayahaangRai (1)
: Jackel98
Hellfire Missile (1)
: Joshz
Sobolev Space (1)
: Human Sequencer

Not Voting
: Psyche, Hellfire Missile, Sobolev Space, Loopdan

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-27 08:47:44)

DayahaangRai is being replaced.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:03 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 270, DayahaangRai wrote:You all are just fucking idiots.Nothing else.

Human Sequencer and Joshz are scums!

Just wanted to tell you this before i leave this idiot site. ;)
Come back after the game ends. Not because an asshole like yourself is a good community member but because I want you to see my green. Idk about human sequencer but I hope he's green too just to spite you.

Btw this isn't the most reliable but I'm gonna town read Rai slot (I say slot because he's being subbed). I don't see scum being this stupid lol

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”