MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by MortFeld »

There are three people whose alignments matter: Chaos, Arc, and TF. If any of these are town, scum will want to kill them.
Spoiler: brute force math
1)
Ct At Tt

Unlikely. Anyone could die in this case. Probably Chaos, though scum might kill TF to engineer a false 2) or 6).

2)
Cs At Tt

Chaos lives to day 2. If Arc is killed, Chaos is pretty much guaranteed dead. If TF is killed, we still have to debate between Chaos and Arc. Chaos has potential to live another day. TF dies.

3)
Cs As Tt

Not possible in any reasonable world.

4)
Cs At Ts

Arc dies.

5)
Cs As Ts

Also not possible.

6)
Ct As Tt

Arc lives to day 2. If Chaos is killed, Arc is probably dead. If TF is killed, we still have to debate between Chaos and Arc. Arc has potential to live another day. TF dies.

7)
Ct As Ts

Chaos dies.

8)
Ct At Ts

One of Chaos/Arc live to day 2. Probably Arc. The one who isn't dead is a good lynch candidate. This... would be very good for TF.

TF dies in 2) and 6). Chaos dies in 7). Arc dies in 4). 1) and 8) don't help us resolve anything but I think they are unlikely. 3) and 5) are nearly completely impossible.

So of 4 reasonable possibilities TF dies in 2. Which is why I said he's probably dead.

This math is also why I think it's correct to lynch one of Chaos or Arc today. Not doing so allows 1) 2) and 6) where TF is killed and we end up lynching Chaos or Arc tomorrow, allowing scum 2 PRs. If we lynch Chaos or Arc today we go into tomorrow up information compared to if we lynch someone else. This is only a bad strategy if 1) or 8) are the case.

If this is objectionable I think we really should lynch Drone.
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

This also assumes reds don't let TF remain due to his tunnel vision and kinda disruptive gameplay. and that they look like the type to hit more greens than reds.. due to their confirm bias.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by MortFeld »

What do you think about the idea that lynching Chaos or Arc today is better than not doing so and having to do so tomorrow?
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by TwoFace »

Y'all really need to understand the definition of confirmation bias. You can't discredit my scum hunting as confirmation bias.

Everyone started with a clean slate
I notice a player do scummy things
Player lies/misreps
Oh this player could be scum.
Vote this player

That's not confirmation bias.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by MortFeld »

Confirmation bias is being unable to see the possibility that this person is town because you are so certain of the scum case. Which normally wouldn't matter but you have a gun. You are not voting them, you are planning to shoot them.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 2179, MortFeld wrote:Confirmation bias is being unable to see the possibility that this person is town because you are so certain of the scum case. Which normally wouldn't matter but you have a gun. You are not voting them, you are planning to shoot them.
Pretty sure a while back I asked (at least I thought I did) somebody to explain town motivation for not 1 but 2 players (same slot) intentionally lying about me and I have yet to see anyone explain that. Can you?

Here's the chance, the only chance to get me to listen.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by rb »

In post 2180, TwoFace wrote:
In post 2179, MortFeld wrote:Confirmation bias is being unable to see the possibility that this person is town because you are so certain of the scum case. Which normally wouldn't matter but you have a gun. You are not voting them, you are planning to shoot them.
Pretty sure a while back I asked (at least I thought I did) somebody to explain town motivation for not 1 but 2 players (same slot) intentionally lying about me and I have yet to see anyone explain that. Can you?

Here's the chance, the only chance to get me to listen.
lmao, no one is gonna bother explaining why X or Y said stuff if they aren't person X or Y
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by TwoFace »

That's not what I'm asking for. People don't think the slot is scum. I want to know how a person who does these scummy things can be town when logic and common sense say that town shouldn't have to do these things.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by MortFeld »

town!Wobbu is new and not good at the game and either thought you were scum and tried to manufacture a case using his limited ability, was incapable of reading the game and so genuinely misread, or sheeped sentiments from others and morphed them into statements that are factually inaccurate but accordant with some people's general feelings.

I think the latter is most likely if Wobbu was town. It is completely reasonable that a new player confuse "many people think this person is toxic and should be removed from the game" with "this person is aligned with scum." Similarly, "this person has tunneled too far into a pointless topic" with "this person doesn't justify their reads" etc.

I'm not willing to discuss Copper here. You have a loose definition of 'lie' which encompasses things I do not think are scum tells.

Pedit: I'm going to try, rb, because I think his level of certainty is not reasonable and, were it held by a rational person, would be capable of being abated.

I thought Wobbu was scummy but I don't think rb has been terrible. I also think the scum case against Wobbu is equivalent in character to that against TB, so I don't see why you're not planning on shooting Arc.
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 2178, TwoFace wrote:Y'all really need to understand the definition of confirmation bias. You can't discredit my scum hunting as confirmation bias.

Everyone started with a clean slate
I notice a player do scummy things
Player lies/misreps
Oh this player could be scum.
Vote this player

That's not confirmation bias.
im pretty certain your gonna shoot one of these 3 people

HS
Me
RB

All of which I believe are town... which is a thing and if I was red and the others are green like I expect I'd leave you up. as from a red perspective thats just 1 more NK for them.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by TwoFace »

You're certain I'm going to shoot one of my scum reads. Great. That's not confirmation bias either.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by TwoFace »

Naomi. Who's scum?
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 2186, TwoFace wrote:Naomi. Who's scum?
I dunno.. Who ever the red team is there good.. I have 5 town reads other than myself so.. I think the red pool is one of these people. I think Some people are more likely than others (due to PR claims) but im pretty sure its within this pool.

Road Kamelot rep. MisaTange
ArcAngel9 rep. ThinkBig
Toto
Nero Cain rep. Lohikäärme
Drone
ChaosOmega
Shadow_step rep. Creeps20
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by rb »

In post 2185, TwoFace wrote:You're certain I'm going to shoot one of my scum reads. Great. That's not confirmation bias either.
it is when your scumreads are like 50 pages old and you aren't even capable of entertaining the idea that you might possibly be wrong
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by rb »

oh and especially when the entirety of your scumread is based on some meaningless copper interaction and has nothing to do with me, and you're so convinced of your rightness that you'll shoot one of the best town players in the game

LEL
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by rb »

not to mention you're not even providing reads or trying to sort other slots. so bad

can someone go back and check a thing for me? was it HS who interpreted TF as being vig and announced it, or did TF himself drop a vig claim? this is important
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by rb »

im a phone atm so its painful to do for me rn
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 2190, rb wrote:not to mention you're not even providing reads or trying to sort other slots. so bad

can someone go back and check a thing for me? was it HS who interpreted TF as being vig and announced it, or did TF himself drop a vig claim? this is important
It's day 1 and I have my scum reads. I've also have alternative reads in case I'm wrong so that right there isn't true aka a lie/misrep

I dropped the "take one of them out" and based off that picked up I was vig.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 2188, rb wrote:
In post 2185, TwoFace wrote:You're certain I'm going to shoot one of my scum reads. Great. That's not confirmation bias either.
it is when your scumreads are like 50 pages old and you aren't even capable of entertaining the idea that you might possibly be wrong
It's day 1 and we have no flips. How about I consider the possibility of being wrong once I have proof that I am wrong.

If it was like day 3 and still clinging to the same reads MAYBE you would have a point but you don't have shit day 1.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by MortFeld »

In post 2190, rb wrote: can someone go back and check a thing for me? was it HS who interpreted TF as being vig and announced it, or did TF himself drop a vig claim? this is important
This is the original post TF made.
In post 647, TwoFace wrote:yeah scum want me gone today so good idea to lynch me before I can take one of them out
Then HS asked if he was claiming vig like 3 times. TF responds with
In post 659, TwoFace wrote:
In post 656, Human Sequencer wrote:It's you or me.

That claim puzzles me.

TwoFace, please confirm, are you claiming vig?
role fishing noted
Which is fucking l o l.

So in answer to your question, it's nebulous. I'd pretty much call what TF said in 647 a vig soft claim.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by MortFeld »

I think TF made a harder soft claim later but I can't find where. Just got home from a long bike ride so if nobody else finds it I'll look later.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by rb »

In post 2192, TwoFace wrote:
In post 2190, rb wrote:not to mention you're not even providing reads or trying to sort other slots. so bad

It's day 1 and I have my scum reads. I've also have alternative reads in case I'm wrong so that right there isn't true aka a lie/misrep

I dropped the "take one of them out" and based off that picked up I was vig.
you need to start understanding that if you have other reads that you're willing to push and you don't actually express them, it's not a misrep for someone to point that out. just because in some deep, dark corner of your mind you had a thought of lynching someone not named rb or HS, doesn't make it a misrep if you never actually express that

feel free to start sharing your alternative reads
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by rb »

In post 2194, MortFeld wrote:
In post 2190, rb wrote: can someone go back and check a thing for me? was it HS who interpreted TF as being vig and announced it, or did TF himself drop a vig claim? this is important
This is the original post TF made.
In post 647, TwoFace wrote:yeah scum want me gone today so good idea to lynch me before I can take one of them out
Then HS asked if he was claiming vig like 3 times. TF responds with
In post 659, TwoFace wrote:
In post 656, Human Sequencer wrote:It's you or me.

That claim puzzles me.

TwoFace, please confirm, are you claiming vig?
role fishing noted
Which is fucking l o l.

So in answer to your question, it's nebulous. I'd pretty much call what TF said in 647 a vig soft claim.
yeah i can't find anything either now that i'm on PC again, i'm actually really skeptical and don't like the way HS handled the soft-claim. i'm sure other players would outright ask if he's vig too, it's not scummy it's just a playstyle thing - some people just can't have grey areas and like to have people hardclaim and not have ambiguous areas and some people don't like to hardclaim at all. i honestly think that if he picked up on him maybe being vig and saw how he softclaimed, he should have just unvoted and filed it away as a mental note - but not everyone plays like me so whatever

the reason i ask is because i wonder if TF is just scum taking advantage of this situation where he dropped a softclaim and it was interpreted favourably. i can't be bothered lynching but i really think there's gonna be a scum roleblocker or something in this setup based on what ppl are claiming here (unless it's all fucking lies, lol) - but i guess they can't stop vig+cop+JK all at once, someone's gonna get an action off and they'll let TF get his action off if he's vig because there's basically zero chance of him hitting scum rn lol
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by rb »

im so paranoid about Mort scum rn and if he's scum i'm nominating for a scummy because he's literally done not a single scummy thing in this entire game, but i'm not willing to go down the 'too town to be town' route yet
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by rb »

mort can u like naked vote some obvtown slot and say some rly stupid anti-town shit so i can feel better about ur slot being human and not some supergod scum player? thanks

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”