Newbie 1756: Balloon (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:06 am

Post by Accountant »

Because if they claim, we immediately know Charloux is scum(since she can't be doctor if there's a BP or JK), and it's worth telling scum who the BP or JK is in exchange for a scum member dying. So if there were, they'd definitely claim to kill Charloux. Since nobody has, that proves that nobody is BP or JK, so we're not letting anything new slip.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:11 am

Post by WeCanSimplyBeOurselves »

In post 419, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 398, Morning Tweet wrote:
Because no one scumreads Accountant and Transcend, obviously..
Norsa has enough townreads to not be on the bottom, imo. You can dispute that, but honestly wcs is solidifying Nor's safety for today with his crazy scumread on him.
Norsak is scumread by WCS and Null at best by others.
Also why does it matter to you what reads other players have? You should decide for yourself who is the most scummy.
^^^ This ^^^

So much this. A million times this. I think we need to lynch tweet.

My blue text.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:12 am

In post 425, Accountant wrote:Because if they claim, we immediately know Charloux is scum(since she can't be doctor if there's a BP or JK), and it's worth telling scum who the BP or JK is in exchange for a scum member dying. So if there were, they'd definitely claim to kill Charloux. Since nobody has, that proves that nobody is BP or JK, so we're not letting anything new slip.
So besides BP and JK should no other power roles be claimed?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 427, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:
In post 425, Accountant wrote:Because if they claim, we immediately know Charloux is scum(since she can't be doctor if there's a BP or JK), and it's worth telling scum who the BP or JK is in exchange for a scum member dying. So if there were, they'd definitely claim to kill Charloux. Since nobody has, that proves that nobody is BP or JK, so we're not letting anything new slip.
So besides BP and JK should no other power roles be claimed?
Yes.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:14 am

Okay then.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:18 am

Accountant, you say you prefer a Misa lynch to a Tweet lynch but you also say that you don't think both Tweet and Manuel are scum. Do you think neither of them are scum or do you think Manuel is scum? I'm trying to ask myself why I started townreading you at this point. Maybe when you "just realized" it wasn't as fake as it seemed to me because yeah, it seems perhaps there is no way you could have benefited from that as scum. But what makes you town? You seem to be aggressively scumhunting but you're a very experienced players and very experienced players are very good at aggressively seeming to scumhunt when they're scum. Also your helpfulness could be due to you being an IC, so you have to be helpful about some things even if you're scum. Perhaps you are giving information without analysis?
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:19 am

Misa has barely been here. Has she said she's not a BP or JK yet? And is she aware of Char's claim?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:23 am

Post by Transcend »

Yeah.

The computer is town.

Not sure why i deterred frm my initial townread on him lol.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:29 am

That seemed like a genuine reaction to my towniness rather than you being scum and stating that I'm town when you already know I am, transcend. I'm strongly reading you as town now too.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:31 am

Post by Accountant »

Accountant, you say you prefer a Misa lynch to a Tweet lynch but you also say that you don't think both Tweet and Manuel are scum. Do you think neither of them are scum or do you think Manuel is scum?
I think there's a significant chance they are both town. I suspect real scum is sitting on the sidelines or lurking in the shadows pointing and laughing.
Perhaps you are giving information without analysis?
I don't think this is an accurate characterization. Haven't I clearly explained all my reads and reasons?

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:38 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 433, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:That seemed like a genuine reaction to my towniness rather than you being scum and stating that I'm town when you already know I am, transcend. I'm strongly reading you as town now too.
Cool!!!!!!!!!

Let's be town buddies 4lyf

and by 4lyf i mean until the scumfucks night kill one of us :P
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:43 am

In post 434, Accountant wrote:
Accountant, you say you prefer a Misa lynch to a Tweet lynch but you also say that you don't think both Tweet and Manuel are scum. Do you think neither of them are scum or do you think Manuel is scum?
I think there's a significant chance they are both town. I suspect real scum is sitting on the sidelines or lurking in the shadows pointing and laughing.
Perhaps you are giving information without analysis?
I don't think this is an accurate characterization. Haven't I clearly explained all my reads and reasons?
Yeah you probably have. It's hard for me to read very word of everyone's posts. I remember you giving some reasoning at the beginning. If you're town I certainly don't want to unintentionally throw any shade on you. Thankfully you're very town read at the moment anyways. It was probably an unfair representation of you. I asked you if you were giving information without analysis and it looks like the answer is "no". Still, if you were scum, you may have reacted differently so I think it was worth asking.

I'm mostly interested, however, in what you said about the real scum sitting on the sidelines lurking. Your view that Tweet and Manuel are both two townies going at each other while scum watch is very similar to my view that you and Char were two townies going at each other.

In fact... it seems to me that when we're vacilating back and forth between two people and wondering which one is scum... maybe we can't find out which one is scum because neither are?

If that's the case--oh! In that case I remember why I initally read you as town, Accountant. It's when you and Char seemed like two townies going at each other.

Hmm. So these are my town reads now in order from most town to least town:

Charloux
Manuel
Transcend
Accountant
Tweet.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Misa
In post 435, Transcend wrote:
In post 433, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:That seemed like a genuine reaction to my towniness rather than you being scum and stating that I'm town when you already know I am, transcend. I'm strongly reading you as town now too.
Cool!!!!!!!!!

Let's be town buddies 4lyf

and by 4lyf i mean until the scumfucks night kill one of us :P
I like you. You're nice and fun. This section of my post is fluffy but at least it's within a post related to the game. So in the spirit of fluff and irrelevance, may I ask you if you'd like to be my friend outside of this game, like maybe you'd like to exchange PMs after the game? I love making new friends :oops:

I only ask that if you answer me please include your answer within a post related to the game like I have (rather than making a full-on fluff post) :oops:
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:45 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 436, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:I like you. You're nice and fun. This section of my post is fluffy but at least it's within a post related to the game. So in the spirit of fluff and irrelevance, may I ask you if you'd like to be my friend outside of this game, like maybe you'd like to exchange PMs after the game? I love making new friends

I only ask that if you answer me please include your answer within a post related to the game like I have (rather than making a full-on fluff post)
lmao course man hmu whenever when this ends.

this isn't something people say to me very often hahahaha. i'm generally perceived as one of the not nicer guys on this website hahaha.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:50 am

I by far trust Charloux as most townie of all. I'd say he is, indeed, absolutely confirmed town with his doctor claim. So I trust his opinion on the following question:

Charloux, if there is any player that you consider the most mysterious and the most puzzling to you, who would it be? Which players are most null to you? I would appreciate it so much if you answered both these questions directly. It would be very helpful.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:52 am

Post by Transcend »

He's 67% confirmed town. I don't townread a single one of his lines, but he's still v. likely town.

I don't think thatsit is using the noob card to garner towreads, I think he's just town.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:23 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I'll be on later to give my thoughts, although I do agree with the pressure on Misa for lurking (I did not post much day one in my scum game).

But before I go:
In post 398, Morning Tweet wrote:Okay, that's not true. There'd just have to be a different reason to suspect Norska. Also,
wcs if you're reading this, mention your favourite animal in your next post.
No, WCS, at best you're skim reading my posts. Pretty unfair you weren't considering my side. I am in no way accusing you of being scum for it, I just had a hunch after your reasoning for voting me that you weren't reading much into Manuel's exchange with me.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:40 am

Post by Accountant »

@Transcend: You still haven't explained that read on thatsit despite you saying you were getting around to it.

WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:06 am

In post 440, Morning Tweet wrote:I'll be on later to give my thoughts, although I do agree with the pressure on Misa for lurking (I did not post much day one in my scum game).

But before I go:
In post 398, Morning Tweet wrote:Okay, that's not true. There'd just have to be a different reason to suspect Norska. Also,
wcs if you're reading this, mention your favourite animal in your next post.
No, WCS, at best you're skim reading my posts. Pretty unfair you weren't considering my side. I am in no way accusing you of being scum for it, I just had a hunch after your reasoning for voting me that you weren't reading much into Manuel's exchange with me.
I am reading your posts. It's not true that I wasn't considering your side: I said that I consider Manuel's case against your better than yours against him. I didn't say your side was worthless or that I wasn't considering at all. In fact I said the exact opposite: you asked me if I considered the possibility that you were town and I said yes I do and I had already considered that possibility. All I've been saying is that I think Manuel's side and case is stronger and you're more likely to be scum than him. You are misrepresenting me here.

I know you're not accusing me of scum for it. I never said you were.

I have told you already that I have been reading both of your cases and I just think Manuel's case is stronger than yours. When the premise is that I am not taking your side over Manuel's the conclusion is not that I'm not considering your side at all. As I have already said, I just think Manuel's case is stronger and you're more likely to be scum than he is. At this point I'm town reading you anyway, you're just the slightest town read to me. I made a post listing my townie reads and changed my vote for Misa.

I'm gonna do some cooking now so if anyone asks me any important questions in the mean time and I'm not around it's because I'm cooking food. Should only be several few minutes: it's microwavable food.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 439, Transcend wrote:I don't think thatsit is using the noob card to garner towreads, I think he's just town.
Is that not a good enough explanation?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:18 am

Post by Accountant »

I understand if you think thatsit is not playing the newbie card. But I do not see why he is town in the first place. Please explain this clearly. I've been burned before by letting people get away with unexplained reads.

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:22 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.9

[2] MisaTange (Transcend, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves)
[2] WeCanSimplyBeOurselves (thatsit, MisaTange)
[1] Manuel87 (Morning Tweet)
[1] Morning Tweet (Manuel87)
[1] NorskaBlue (Charloux)

[2] Not Voting (Accountant, NorskaBlue)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-11-27 00:00:00)
beefycheese
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Transcend »

He hasn't done exactly anything to wow me but I think him asking if you would play to the advantage of town if you were scum was really towny imo.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:41 am

Now I have this worrisome feeling that Transcend is buddying me and joining the Misa wagon because maybe Misa isn't scum. I always find it so hard to figure out who's scum. I don't know how people do it besides an obvious scum slip. I see a so-called reason for someone being scum and I can just as easily think of townish reasons for them doing it.

Has anyone got a really strong reason for anyone being scum? The best I've got is Misa's lurking. Then I get paranoid thoughts about Transcend buddying me but I also get thoughts about Accountant saying that he's been burned before by letting people get away with unexplained reads as if he felt he needed to justify his tunnelling Transcend.

This game is really really hard. I know that I feel Char is strongly town. And I hope to go by a POE to discover who is scum. But besides POE and scum slips it's really really hard to figure stuff out. I always find this. I love this game but it's damn difficult.

So, I shall repeat:

Has anyone got any
really strong reasons
for anyone being scum?

Because I find without a strong reason it's just as easy to find reasons why they're town. Ick.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:45 am

Post by Transcend »

Buddy, i voted misa first. I'm not exactly sure where your paranoia on me is coming from.

Also i need to rr norska soon because his awkward unvote when Charloux was L-2 really caught my attention while i was looking for a reason to support my thats!town theory.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:46 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 447, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:tunnelling Transcend
How am I tunneling Transcend? To "tunnel" someone implies you're going to vote them and only look at them and not look at anything else; the term itself derives from "tunnel" vision. Do you think I've been interacting solely with Transcend, or that I've been scumreading him to an excessive degree?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”