Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 1422, Accountant wrote:
But this "You nuke X, you will get lynched" basically kills the whole idea of the setup, which is to reward underdogs with a good reads that others aren't seeing, etc.
reward idiots with overblown egos who think they've caught scum based on sofme shitty tell*
I mean, sure if that's the way you see it, fine by me.

But that's the setup you signed up for.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1409, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1406, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I don't believe for a second he saw "GI" and thought to himself "huh I don't know what this means, oh well guess that means it doens't matter" when it was obviously contextually referencing one of the 3 reads I had just questioned from him.
You really

can't be

this

fucking

troll.

I literally told you I read it as you mistyped "GIF" and answered it thinking it was GIF.
Except that GIF was never a name prior mentioned in any of that conversation and contextually, had you read it, you would have realized that.

But you didn't read it.

You never read it.

And now you're lying about it.

So Rope or Nuke your end is all the same.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:35 am

In post 1416, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1412, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And honestly you're a real cunt of a person too.
I really don't think you should be playing mafia if you're going to start attacking the person.

A good mentor and someone I respect greatly on another site once said to always "attack the posts, not the player".

Now I'm thick skinned, so I literally give no shits what you do.

But do you see how I'm approaching the game and you are?
Oh I'm sorry Mr. "I'm an esteemed collegiate and this how things are done in MY WORLD and you didn't write this in proper APA formatting to allow for my INTELLIGENCE TO SHINE THROUGH AND UNDERSTAND."

Please tell me more about how you don't talk down to people and you're a perfect little shining beacon of this site, please.

It'll go well with the rest of your lies and fabricated bullshit.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:36 am

anyway I'm done here for now. SAD will continue to respond with inane fabrications to generate noise and create apathy.

It's more important other people read this and see how scummy he is than it is for me to argue with scum and generate a never ending whirlpool of noise.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:41 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1420, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:This "available" and "not available" for nuking ideology. As I literally said above, I think part of the setup is to reward players who have gut scumreads or for other reasons but they are not being listened to.

If a person can explain their reasons for a nuke genuinely, etc. Obviously you can still run them up for a lynch if the majority disagree. But this "You nuke X, you will get lynched" basically kills the whole idea of the setup, which is to reward underdogs with a good reads that others aren't seeing, etc.
I think it's pretty shit play to nuke a gut scum read when the majority of players are town reading them. I welcome buy shooting gut scumreads later on when the game has thinned out and the universal scum reads are gone.

And the purpose of the town bloc as I see it is to dissuade scum from shooting universally town read players. I agree that any nuke at the town bloc should be evaluated case by case but scum need to know that they'll be held under heavy scrutiny if they try to fracture it.

If you still don't get where I'm coming from then let's just agree to disagree because I don't want to keep clogging the thread with the same back-and-forth
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:43 am

In post 1428, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:anyway I'm done here for now. SAD will continue to respond with inane fabrications to generate noise and create apathy.

It's more important other people read this and see how scummy he is than it is for me to argue with scum and generate a never ending whirlpool of noise.
If I can make one last point to you madam,

Would be be so kind as to edit the Commonly Used Abbreviations "Abbreviations of Player Names" section and put GI = GreyICE.

I fear future generations will be scumread by you solely due misreading :(
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:47 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1393, Accountant wrote:I'm going to politely ask both of you to stop so that I don't have to read through five more pages of arguments about something as dumb as abbreviation.

@Nahdia: With this attitude, I'm wondering why you don't replace out. You clearly seem to not be having fun.
I don't like replacing out of games.

McMenno was on my scumlist earlier because I remember him doing literally nothing. now im looking at his ISO and i guess he did some stuff. hmmmm...

McMenno gives a townread on Cheetory and a scumread on RedCoyote. (5 hours later) he responds to a request for reads flippantly without actually responding. decent amount of mechposting and just filler that looks like tonesetting. pings me most. just feels weird considering he's never once talked about Ircher before this.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:59 am

In post 1429, Spiffeh wrote:And the purpose of the town bloc as I see it is to dissuade scum from shooting universally town read players.
I agree that any nuke at the town bloc should be evaluated case by case
but scum need to know that they'll be held under heavy scrutiny if they try to fracture it.
In post 870, Spiffeh wrote:I think the play here is to form a group of universally town read players and
punish anyone that tries to nuke within that group with death
Those two things don't agree.

But w/e I'll drop the subject. We already went back and forth enough. I still can't fully see where you were coming from at all, and you're not likely to change my view of setting up a town-bloc this early.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:07 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 1431, Nahdia wrote: pings me most. just feels weird considering he's never once talked about Ircher before this.
ircher started posting between that post and the last post I made at the time
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1325, Nahdia wrote:cheetory i dont really care to elaborate considering my reads tend to be bad anyway and i know im not long for this world regardless of what i do.
You really don't think anyone would be willing to change their minds if you kept trying? You don't think your opinion is valid? I don't think you're even in the top half of people who are generally considered to be scummy so I'm very confused by the defeatism. It's depressing.
In post 1345, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1342, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Here is an updated tier list

Cheetory, Something Special, Reck
Accountant, Mastina, Greyice, EP, Cephrir, hiplop

Zito, Nahdia, Mcmenno, UT, Nukebringer, RC, lrcher, Fate
Spyrex, MoI, LLD, GIF, Spiffeh, Vaxkiller
Holy shit this second line deserves to get you nuked. Half of those players haven't posted basically anything and then there's Mastin.
Huh? I think everyone there has posted enough for it to be possible to have a read on them.
In post 1348, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Wait LOL nvm you're pointing to the second.

Which ones have posted "basically anything"?

Mastin is town because of a few huge towntells in her posts.
Which are? If you care about her not being dead you're gonna have to share with the class. Or you just want to be able to say you were right later... :/
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:18 am

Post by Cephrir »

Yeah ok maybe I should read the whole thread instead of posting as I go shut up you're not my real dad
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1417, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1415, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:It gives a safety net for people TWO days before any nukes start happening.
NO IT DOESN'T

No one should have gotten the impression that any proposals for the town bloc get a free ride for the rest of the game

If I think someone is worthy of a town bloc early on and their play takes a nosedive then they're kicked out and available for nuking again
A problem I have with it is if you label a group as not am option for nuking, it becomes impossible to pressure them. Their play will not take a nosedive if they don't have anything to worry about. The constant threat of being nuked is a powerful tool for town imo
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:31 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1430, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1428, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:anyway I'm done here for now. SAD will continue to respond with inane fabrications to generate noise and create apathy.

Would be be so kind as to edit the Commonly Used Abbreviations "Abbreviations of Player Names" section and put GI = GreyICE.

This post is clearly designed to get an angry reaction
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:35 am

Post by Andrius »

"Admiral Andrius, the Task Force is all here. They are requesting assignments."
"Very well. Have the system crunch the dossiers and work out the assignments. I'm scrambling the Seventh Fleet to be ready on guard. And keep the comms open. If this escalates and we go to DEFCON 3 we need to move."
"Yes sir."
"Godspeed."

[NORAD SYSTEM] Resolving assignments...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Dispatching assignments...
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:54 am

In post 1437, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1430, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:

This post is clearly designed to get an angry reaction
It's why I didn't respond. I know he's scum and I'll never convince him that he is for obvious reasons so talking to him is a waste of time and only serves his purposes.

Better to leave my words already said and let other people read them and determine on their own to what extent I am correct in my assertions of his behaviour.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1279, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:He claimed he didn't know who didn't vote for not war.

He pointed to reading "posts like 505" and "not 559", and made his first post:
In post 1011, Vaxkiller wrote:All right who didn't vote for total war????
Meanfuckingwhile

POST 505 SHOW WHO IS NOT VOTING FOR WAR.

At no point in the mod's ISO should Vaxkiller get the info we are not going to war WITHOUT also getting the info of "who didn't vote for total war????".
In post 1224, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:My theory is Vaxkiller found out we didn't go to war from the scum PT.
^ This guy know show to mafia too!
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:28 am

Post by McMenno »

string words of sentence
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:31 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

LLD, no offense, but do you actually like playing mafia? I ask because I only see you yelling at people in most games. This is a game where you have to work with people, yes sometimes tensions can get high when people don't see things from your point of view, but its not the end of the world.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Andrius »

[NORAD SYSTEM] Dispatching assignments...

The thread will be locked while I send out Deployment Results and prepare for DEFCON 3.
There is no need to /confirm your Deployment Results, but if you wish to express your disappointment/excitement to me via PM you may do so.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Andrius »

[NORAD SYSTEM] All assignments have been dispatched.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Message received from President AlmasterGM of the United States of America. Please hold...
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Andrius »

[Day 1, DEFCON 3]

"Admiral Andrius."
"Mr. President. The task force you appointed has been briefed on the situation and have received their assignments. We are mobilizing all Pacific bases to resp-"
"Admiral, there's no time. Intelligence reports that the Russian fleet in the Pacific isn't our only concern. Sources report bombers have entered allied airspace over Europe and are on a trajectory for the Atlantic. If they do not change courses they'll be in a direct line for America."
"Therefore, I'm taking us down to DEFCON 3. Unless they divert from their present course we're going to continue to escalate. I'm notifying all departments and commands."
"Understood. We'll be ready for them."
"Good, because the Pacific fleet is headed straight for you."
"Then we haven't a moment to lose. I'll brief the task force personally."
"And I'll be calling our ambassador. We are to handle this professionally with a collected approach. No loose cannons."
"Unless they cross into our waters."
"Precisely. America always shoots first."
"...I guess we'll have to have that beer another weekend then."
"Looks like it."
"Take care, Mr. President."
"You as well, Admiral."

It is now DEFCON 3. Day 1 will last until 12/4/2016 at 13:00 hours.
[COUNTDOWN GOES HERE WHEN I CAN FIGURE IT OUT.]

With 24 alive it takes 13 to lynch.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:23 am

Post by Nahdia »

I got counterintelligence.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:23 am

Vote: SAD

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:23 am

In post 1442, Vaxkiller wrote:LLD, no offense, but do you actually like playing mafia? I ask because I only see you yelling at people in most games. This is a game where you have to work with people, yes sometimes tensions can get high when people don't see things from your point of view, but its not the end of the world.
There are a lot of ways to play mafia.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:29 am

Post by McMenno »

Ahw Andrius, forgot to give me the submarine huh? Don't worry it's okay.

VOTE: ircher

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”