Newbie 1758 - Symmetry (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:04 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.7

Look to the obelisk. We don’t know where it came from, but it’s attracting a lot of cats.

Locust (3)
: Jackel98, Human Sequencer, Sobolev Space
Hellfire Missile (2)
: Joshz, Locust
Human Sequencer (1)
: HowardRoark
Joshz (1)
: Hellfire Missile

Not Voting
: Psyche, Sobolev Space, Loopdan

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-27 08:47:44)
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Loopdan »

This is getting ridiculous.
VOTE: Psyche
In post 272, Psyche wrote:ok im back
@Xalxe
-- Was Psyche prodded prior to ^this? Your rule-set requires "a game-advancing post" to get off the prod, right?
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:21 am

Post by Hellfire Missile »

In post 301, Loopdan wrote:This is getting ridiculous.
In post 272, Psyche wrote:ok im back
@Xalxe
-- Was Psyche prodded prior to ^this? Your rule-set requires "a game-advancing post" to get off the prod, right?
Just went through Xalxe's posts

No Psyche hasn't been prodded before, the only person prodded was Jackel
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:23 am

"A prodded player has 48 hours to respond to the prod with a game-advancing post, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found."
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Xalxe »

Psyche was not prodded, no, but he should have been. He will be now. He has 24 hours to make a game-advancing post.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:55 am

Post by Locust »

Hey Hellfire you are back. I think if you were scum it would of been an ideal opportunity to put a vote on me I am getting close to being lynched and have a vote on you with the way you have played this I was expecting you to vote me when you became active again. I have to ask though what is your read on me I think I am L-2 (I may be counting the votes wrong) would you expect me to be panicking more?

UNVOTE: Hellfire Missile
This is getting ridiculous.

In post 272, Psyche wrote:
ok im back

@Xalxe-- Was Psyche prodded prior to ^this? Your rule-set requires "a game-advancing post" to get off the prod, right?
I agree with Loopdan here I have not seen Psyche since I was replaced. I believe everyone else has contributed it would be nice to hear from our IC. I am going to move my vote to Psyche for now until we hear more from him. Again this is going back to previous reasoning where it is easy to hide and lurk to let town pick up heat rather than come and join in and promote discussion. I have been swayed with Hellfires recent action, not 100% convinced but slightly swayed, that he may be town having a hard time rather than mafia hamming it up. Without getting Psyches reactions to Rai's claim and me coming in as a replacement I am now going to put my vote there.

Open question are all newb games this quite or is it the fact that we are now on a Monday and I am in a different time zone to a bunch of you making it seem that way?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Locust »

Also I suspect at least 1 of the votes on me is probably Scum I think Rai's outburst would of let the other two make arguments to hammer me and look innocent. As I said in a previous post I think it might be Sobolev Space, but can't catch him on anything in his posts maybe it is just gut feels on the way he has joined my wagon.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Locust »

Space I am so sorry I have just realized it should be she not he. I still think you may be mafia scum though.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

VOTE: Sobolev Space
changed my mind, locust is probably town
jackel is a little suspicious to me, his tables look legit though

@locust this game is uncannily slow

sobolev looks like she's trying really hard to do what town wants
could be newbtown, could be scum

it reads to me like half of the people in this game are pretending to act like they wouldn't usually, it's uncanny

literally what the fuck psyche, get in this game plz
nah
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Locust »

Human thanks for that it is making it hard for me to get any reads post Rai, which for me now is really the most important time. The way I am seeing it Psyche has been posting elsewhere since yesterdays I'm back it would be valuable to see him in this game especially if he is town at the moment it really feels like the mafia could be coasting and letting us fight shadows.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:19 am

i doubt it's alignment indicative considering he's the IC
nah
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:21 am

In post 305, Locust wrote:Hey Hellfire you are back. I think if you were scum it would of been an ideal opportunity to put a vote on me I am getting close to being lynched and have a vote on you with the way you have played this I was expecting you to vote me when you became active again. I have to ask though what is your read on me I think I am L-2 (I may be counting the votes wrong) would you expect me to be panicking more?
I don't think you would be panicking because you got 1 vote, but Rai got the other 2-3 votes, which wasn't your fault.
I'm not gonna vote for you (yet) because i don't think you deserve the extra pressure that Rai generated.

What i'm trying to say is i think the situation that you found your self in wasn't your fault, and now people may be bias against your position/alignment
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:22 am

In post 310, Human Sequencer wrote:i doubt it's alignment indicative considering he's the IC
He hasn't really read anyone, been mainly focusing on helping people (me)
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:23 am

just read his posts in iso and he hasn't voted anybody except Loopdan, and even so he retracted after finding something (forgot) that Loopdan said or whatever.

Wonder why? no time?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:25 am

joshz/psyche scumteam would be absolutely hilarious
nah
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:32 am

In post 314, Human Sequencer wrote:joshz/psyche scumteam would be absolutely hilarious
why?

i kinda almost get it?

but no i dont..

explain please?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:00 am

Post by Locust »

In post 310, Human Sequencer wrote:i doubt it's alignment indicative considering he's the IC
Maybe but it isn't pro town either.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 314, Human Sequencer wrote:joshz/psyche scumteam would be absolutely hilarious
My first forum mafia game I subbed in as scum day 3 and the 2nd of 4 scum got lynched so it was just me and the most experienced player (not a newbie game) and I won in lylo.

Anybody voting locust: get off or you're scum. He's townie. One of the guys on his wagon is scum. Psyche could definitely be the lurker scum partner. Notice how a lot of locusts wagon was my wagon too? Jackel was early on both so on one hand I'd like to lynch jackel but on the other hand Hellfire Missile voting me because I'm calm is ?????????????? like dude did you not read the massive ates????????? plus Jackel's vote on me seemed slightly better than the others
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Joshz »

Seriously. If you want to suggest a me/locust scum team go for it. Otherwise unlynch.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Joshz »

Maybe nai but the IC being afk is definitely a part of the deadness.
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:35 am

In post 317, Joshz wrote:
My first forum mafia game I subbed in as scum day 3 and the 2nd of 4 scum got lynched so it was just me and the most experienced player (not a newbie game) and I won in lylo.

Anybody voting locust: get off or you're scum. He's townie. One of the guys on his wagon is scum. Psyche could definitely be the lurker scum partner. Notice how a lot of locusts wagon was my wagon too? Jackel was early on both so on one hand I'd like to lynch jackel but on the other hand Hellfire Missile voting me because I'm calm is ?????????????? like dude did you not read the massive ates????????? plus Jackel's vote on me seemed slightly better than the others
ates?

also too many fucking ? marks
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:38 am

In post 320, Hellfire Missile wrote:

ates?

also prove that you know he's townie

note: don't do G u T because it doesn't help.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:42 am

howard what do you think of sobolev and jackel?
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 321, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 320, Hellfire Missile wrote:

ates?

also prove that you know he's townie

note: don't do G u T because it doesn't help.
How the fuck can you prove anything day 1, and gut does help if you have a good gut rofl

He's not scum. I can just tell. I've gone back and reread Rai's content: there is 0 way scum plays like that and locust has not done anything scummy to change that in my eyes. So the only reason you should ever be voting him now is if you are ready scum or if you think me and him are the scum team. I suggest either arguing that or unvoting. This helps poe substantially. Go check ate out on the wiki if you don't know what it means.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Locust »

Hellfire I would be interested in your reads on other people in this game as well. It would help me understand your thought processes more and (if you are finding it so hard to get reads) may help you out with getting some of your own gut feelings. I would be interested mostly on your reads on Space and Psyche, but anyone else you have a strong feeling about based on their actions and perceived intentions I would also like to hear. The reason IU am asking you this is you currently seem to be here and active and the only people you have had reads on so far seem to be Joshz and a little on me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”